[PS Vita] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

I realize there is a trade forum for this but felt the source might be better for this...I wanted this game digitally so I traded in my physical copy and re-bought it online. I never used the the online code provided with the physical copy so if anyone buys it used, I'll let it go for like $3 instead of the $10 asking price from Sony. PM me if interested. Thank you.

four ... crowns ... left ...

can someone please explain the pin shot crown challenge? do I actually have to hit the pin with a spin shot _and_ have it go in?

Edit: To answer my own question, on the hit the pin crown you only have to hit the pin on one hole, doesn't matter if the ball is spinning or goes in. It may have to be par or better though, not sure. Finally on the last star/crown challenge and I _still_ haven't gotten my hole-in-one or double eagle (though I've landed less than 1ft from the pin plenty of times). I think those will be what holds up my plat on this bad boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed there was a message today when I signed into the dailies. It said that a new daily format will begin next week on the 24th and all rankings would be reset. Does anyone know if this is part of the long awaited update? If so, does anyone know what else will be included with the update? I'd love to see some new courses!

Huh I never got that message. If that's true then maybe I should stop dailies. Sucks too since I just broke the top 1000.

Exactly what I needed to get back into the game. Now that I've gotten over the Nexus 7 and decided to keep my Vita, I'm looking forward to the fall releases.

Excellent... was hoping you'd back out of that. :) I'm probably going to snag the digital version and resell my card version so that I'll always have it ready to go. I hate the cards.

I have yet to read the update but I'm excited I checked the PS Vita Forum. I can finally turn my vita on again and play some hot shots. I'm sure I will have massive updates considering I haven't turned on my Vita in months.

I'm excited again.
Invite friends to play in private tournaments
Whereas before you could only play in Real Mode tournaments that were open to all, now you can create private tournaments for you and up to seven friends, as well as private rooms in the online lobby space. Out on the course, you’ll be able to see your opponent’s ball after each shot, and between holes you can also use text chat to communicate with your friends, on the scorecard screen.
The one tournament a day will be nice and I now have a reason to start play everyday. 3 tournaments was fun in the beginning but it soon became a hassle and then I stopped playing.

+5...ouch. I hate that course. I like that I don't have to play at least two rounds each day just to compete for the world rankings.

Almost played for the first time today....But just updated it. Tearing through KZ:L for psp though.( didn't want anything too deep, have people visiting us all day)

How long do the games usually last?

[quote name='SynGamer']Exactly what I needed to get back into the game. Now that I've gotten over the Nexus 7 and decided to keep my Vita, I'm looking forward to the fall releases.[/QUOTE]

Wow....you even considered dumping buttons for no buttons.....just, wow(blah blah dualshock and button mapping app blah blah). Change your name to SinGamer.

[quote name='6er']How long do the games usually last?

Wow....you even considered dumping buttons for no buttons.....just, wow(blah blah dualshock and button mapping app blah blah). Change your name to SinGamer.[/QUOTE]

Games usually last 10 minutes? You have 9 holes and there's no pressure to rush (unless there's a 15 second shot clock rules).

And I just sold my HP Touchpad and was thinking about trading my Vita in at GS for the extra 30% but their prices are terrible.

[quote name='SynGamer']Games usually last 10 minutes? You have 9 holes and there's no pressure to rush (unless there's a 15 second shot clock rules).

And I just sold my HP Touchpad and was thinking about trading my Vita in at GS for the extra 30% but their prices are terrible.[/QUOTE]

Cool, might start a game later. With NFS: Most Wanted, CoD, Ragnarok, and AC Liberation on pre order, all for $10 off, My vita is safe and secure.

I'm waiting for a B2G1 on new games through either Amazon, Best Buy, or GameStop, hopefully this fall, but we'll see. I want CoD, AC3L, and Persona 4...I'm willing to wait if it means I can get one for free.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm waiting for a B2G1 on new games through either Amazon, Best Buy, or GameStop, hopefully this fall, but we'll see. I want CoD, AC3L, and Persona 4...I'm willing to wait if it means I can get one for free.[/QUOTE]
I might cancel a few off mine, just got in on the deal while it was there. Really hoping NFS is cross platform. The box art says Criterion so its not getting farmed out. A little surprised HSG isn't, seem like it could be a budget PSN title

[quote name='freddyfromutah']I ended up at +6... that course makes me so angry! haha.[/QUOTE]

It makes me throw shit.

I Still can't beat Pandora.

[quote name='jello44']It makes me throw shit.

I Still can't beat Pandora.[/QUOTE]

I just unlocked the chance to play Pandora last night. I saw the course and tried. Instantly went down 2 and then Pandora gave me hole 3. I turned the game off, I will give it another shot sometime soon.

-1 for me this morning. 2 double bogeys thanks to double roughs on two holes did me in. I like the new format also. Took me a while to get close to 1000 the old way. I was 190 last week, even with a +7 at legacy. If anyone wants to play, feel free to send me a request.

+1. Two double bogeys thanks to the limited club selection BLASTING me into water multiple times. Adding you maccabee. Rockets fan I assume?

I digging the new tournament format as well. I will add you as well maccabee72.

Anyone interest in setting up CAG tourney again now that we can actually have private tournaments with up to 8 people? I know we have a list of people interest in the OP but it been a while so if you still interested post so we can update the OP and get some CAG tourneys started.

Count me in.

I really wish there was some sort of reminder app built in to the Vita - I always forget to show up for these sorts of things (and I forget to play the daily tourneys now).

-2 today. double bogey'd the 8th hole but eagled the last. Missed a birdie on the first hold otherwise I *might* have had a solid -5...so many what-ifs.

[quote name='combatrhombus']I'm guessing to is Legacy Golf Course with some random rule. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

No random rule, just terrible hole placement and fucking terrible course. Grrrr.

[quote name='SynGamer']No random rule, just terrible hole placement and fucking terrible course. Grrrr.[/QUOTE]

Finally tamed the beast! Shot a new PB of -4. I was sitting #7 of 271 after my round. The holes and wind were some of the toughest I've seen. I just was hitting everything right today:D Also, I got your request Combatrhombus. Hopefully, we can get a CAG tourney going.

+6 today, I lost after I triple bogey hole 5 and it was down hill from there...but I got redemption when I beat that beotch Pandora after 4 holes and received a crown. I should of had her after 3 but she had some crazy ass putt. 3rd try as well. Lucky!

-6 this morning. Pretty easy course with the exception of my DOUBLE BOGEY on the 8th hole. Gale Force + Rain + SHITTY impact timing led to my demise.

[quote name='BrownThunder']-6 this morning. Pretty easy course with the exception of my DOUBLE BOGEY on the 8th hole. Gale Force + Rain + SHITTY impact timing led to my demise.[/QUOTE]

Nice job! I wasn't as fortunate today. After a 2x OB on hole 2, I never recovered. Finished with a -2.

Hole 2 is the one that if the wind hits right you can either get GIR or OB right? I've had that one turn against me too. Feast or famine it seems.

[quote name='BrownThunder']Hole 2 is the one that if the wind hits right you can either get GIR or OB right? I've had that one turn against me too. Feast or famine it seems.[/QUOTE]

That's the one...Reach the green in one if you hit it clean. Unfortunately, I turtled twice with Max.

Had one of my best rounds ever tonight. -7. Hit an amazing eagle shot on the 3rd hole. Currently ranked 128th (for today). Hoping this brings in some major TP.

[quote name='BrownThunder']+4 for me. It's long tee on the worst holes of Legacy of Golf. Dick move, Clap Handz.[/QUOTE]

The back 9 are far worse than the front 9 in Legacy.

[quote name='jello44']Wow, I hit a -7 in the toruney today.

I was ranked 31st when it was over. I just had to hit a bogey on the 8th hole. :([/QUOTE]

Matched you with a -7 yesterday, but came back to earth today with an even par at al Arabian. I hate that course!

[quote name='combatrhombus']Nice you two saw your rankings of 50 & 52. I started using Pandora and my game has gone to shit.[/QUOTE]

I still can't even beat her. I get so close... then fail. I go up, then all of a sudden, she becomes a master golfer and hits her shots so close to the pin. Meanwhile, I'm slicing, hitting into bunkers the water, hole 17 that has that fucking waterfall.

[quote name='maccabee72']Matched you with a -7 yesterday, but came back to earth today with an even par at al Arabian. I hate that course![/QUOTE]

Hah, nice. I was in the zone yesterday, then the last two holes (bogey, par) stopped me dead in my tracks.

I hit -1 today. Ended up hitting a double bogey on the one hole that has all those stupid quicksand traps. Who's bright fucking idea was it to put those there... It's difficult, but manageable, sometimes. If there are stroke penalties it can be a fucking nightmare.

bread's done
Back