[PS Vita] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Btw... Has anyone found a decent wiki for HSG yet? I have no clue what the More advanced functions affect... LiKe sidespin, different stroke types, etc. don't want to spend my hard earned points on stuff I may not like or use yet.

Hey guys, this is my first Hot Shots game, and I am loving it so far. My only question is how do character stats get upgraded? Do you buy things from the shop or do they go up by themselves when your loyalty goes up?

Make sure your updated... Go back to the live page you use to start the game. If there's a download icon at the top, you need the patch. Also, did you enter the online code? It's on the back of the inside cover thing.

If all thats in place, the method for getting into online is to start HSG, click online, then enter lobby. If that works, I think you're golden. If not, double check your online services and make sure your online pass stuck.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Hey guys, this is my first Hot Shots game, and I am loving it so far. My only question is how do character stats get upgraded? Do you buy things from the shop or do they go up by themselves when your loyalty goes up?[/QUOTE]
Loyalty gives you more power shots. New clubs and balls will add or decrease certain stats depending on how you want to spec out your character. The characters you unlock as you play through challenges will also have better stats than the first few that you get.

From what I've seen so far for the tournaments are you choose one of the predefined HSG tourneys. From there you just book a tournament and it starts at said time and only 30 people can enter, so the CAGs would have to book early if they wanted to make sure they have a spot and we may play against other randoms. We can definitely choose 9 holes and one of the first few courses and progress from there. They have special rules like "Yuna only, and standard clubs/balls" or some are just "novice only" and others are wide open.

I don't see how the multi-player portion works, I've never been able to find a room. You have to connect through ad hoc and it's only up to 8 players.

As far as length of time goes, if you use one off the predefined online HSG tourneys, they set time limits for you to complete each hole and setting up your character, so it moves along nicely. I felt rushed when I played one, but I never ran out of time. Just the timer makes me feel like I have to hurry.

I have five other games and I haven't touched them because I haven't taken HSG out of my Vita yet.

Add PSN MaynardLD50

Would love to participate in the tourneys!

[quote name='smthng']Make sure your updated... Go back to the live page you use to start the game. If there's a download icon at the top, you need the patch. Also, did you enter the online code? It's on the back of the inside cover thing.

If all thats in place, the method for getting into online is to start HSG, click online, then enter lobby. If that works, I think you're golden. If not, double check your online services and make sure your online pass stuck.[/QUOTE]

Good call on the download/update. Kind of surprised the Vita/game didn't pop up a message stating there was an update available. Not that I know what I'm looking for, everything is updated.

I'm down for the tournament. PSN ID: JawnMan
9PM EST is ideal for me. 10PM as well. Anything after is a no go because of work =(

Agreed. I can't believe we can't create a tourney, invite a few friends and play a few rounds. It just makes no sense. I feel like there's smthng I'm missing somewhere.

I might be the only one having this issue but I started playing Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational again yesterday and come to find that all my save data that I currently had was gone. I went to continue and it loaded up the game as if I just started it. I had perfectly all the first 2 levels and now I have to start over. It isn't a big issue since I can get perfect on those courses again but I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='Yigytugd']I might be the only one having this issue but I started playing Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational again yesterday and come to find that all my save data that I currently had was gone. I went to continue and it loaded up the game as if I just started it. I had perfectly all the first 2 levels and now I have to start over. It isn't a big issue since I can get perfect on those courses again but I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]
Can't say it's happened to me. I'm definitely going to backup my save file when I get home tonight :)

I think 9pm est is a good time. Any later & I may not be able to play.

On the topic of # of holes. I think we should start at 18 and adjust from there.

How is everyone progressing in single player?

If anyone adds me on psn let me know you're from cag. I had a random person add me & keeps asking to party chat.

I am in the Bronze rank (next level past Pro), I won the 1st tournament, but the Al Arabian 9 holes in challenge is killing me! My last game was 7 over, so ugly... haha.

Just started the Platinum rank. I've already defeated the Platinum rank character, but have yet to run the courses. Definitely takes a steep jump in difficulty around Silver rank.

[quote name='SynGamer']Whoa, I didn't know we had to win certain ways. I'll definitely be going back and re-doing these ranks.[/QUOTE]

Stars will get you the first VS character in each level. You snag those just by winning the previous rounds. The Crowns are needed to unlock the second VS char in each level. You snag those by meeting the particular win conditions listed in the links above. Many of them cant be met until you've progressed enough to unlock certain balls, clubs or characters.

I'll probably be doing stars as far as I can, then if I hit a wall, go back and try for the crowns.

I'll probably run a test public tournament on Sunday, I'll registers probably before noon on Sunday and post which tournament I entered and if anyone wants to try to join and will see how many CAGs we can get into the tourney.

Updated the main tourney page. If I missed you, I'm sorry and add yourself to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opps...forgot to say the tournament time will probably fall between 7p-9p EST. I'm, just going to register early, so we have a better chance at getting more CAGs in the tourney.

Al Arabian is slapping me around, ugh. What character is everybody maining? I'm using Yamato or whatever right now, but I think I need to switch for these holes.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Al Arabian is slapping me around, ugh. What character is everybody maining? I'm using Yamato or whatever right now, but I think I need to switch for these holes.[/QUOTE]

I'm not dedicated to any one in particular. I pretty much get one maxed out with loyalty points then unlock whatever is available with the best stats. So far I've maxed Yuna and Lani and am about halfway through Amy.

BTW.. For those doing the daily tournaments, remember that the PSN will be down for a large part of tomorrow. I think it's outta commissions around 3pm EST until early Monday morning. Post the scores before it dies or I doubt they'll count.

Ok I register in a tournament starts at 8pm.
Event Time is 20:00 start and 20:20 finish.
Details: GF Maple Leaf Novice Only tour 9H (out). "Unlimited Power Shot and Novice Only"

Right now I'm 1 of 30 this is a test round to see if tournaments will work for us. May not work today if PSN will be down but will see and its worth a shot. So hopefully I'll see a bunch of CAGs on the green.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Ok I register in a tournament starts at 8pm.
Event Time is 20:00 start and 20:20 finish.
Details: GF Maple Leaf Novice Only tour 9H (out). "Unlimited Power Shot and Novice Only"

Right now I'm 1 of 30 this is a test round to see if tournaments will work for us. May not work today if PSN will be down but will see and its worth a shot. So hopefully I'll see a bunch of CAGs on the green.[/QUOTE]

Can you post which floor and lobby this is in???

I believe it's Animal, Cow, Lobby 14 - Hour 20, Tournament 1.
hsgtourney1.gif

From what I can tell, it doesn't matter what lobby you're in as far as number... I don't know about animal type yet.

I'm only seeing two bookings, which I think are Syn and I. You can confirm by checking once you're in the lobby... Open the menu, Click Real Tournament, View Bookings. If it doesn't show up, you didn't actually book.

Just for reference... it's MUCH easier if the tourney time and NUMBER are included in posts.

Either way, I REALLY doubt this is happening otday with the PSN outage... it's the first thing that pops up when I tell HSG to connect.

[quote name='smthng']In a tournament, the Square button shows only friends. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll admit...this is awesome :D

EDIT: holy crap. Just hit the power button by accident. Pressed it again and I was still connected and online.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'll admit...this is awesome :D[/QUOTE]

I think I may have found "More Awesome"... I/m pretty sure I can start a Party (voice chat) and it'll run during the game.

Test tourney worked... Syn, combatrhombus and I joined 27 strangers on a short round. I was doing well until the last three or four holes, then I made a few really bad shots which I never really recovered from.

GG fellas! It was fun, but typing on the Vita sux and the truncation in HSG is ridiculous.

HSGTTest.jpg

BTW... most of my screens look like crap because I resample them to half size (they're ridiculously large). Don't judge this game on my score screenshots.

Syn you were doing really well before that hole. I joined the party and could here you smthng through Vita and it sounded normal. I haven't set up a bluetooth mic yet.

So another CAG test tonight hopefully with more CAGs.
Event Time 22 tourney 1. See first post on this page.

I never could find a tournament in Animal/Cow/L14/H20/1 that matched what smthing posted earlier. How do the event times work in "real time"? 20:00 would be 8pm but you guys have already played so that can't be right. According to what I've seen posted PSN is supposed to go down at 4p (CST) so I'm guessing another one won't happen tonight?

Edison, we just all happened to jump on and we jumped into the first one we could find just to see how it all worked.

The lobbies don't really appear to do much other than let you chat together before the tourney starts. I think you're right about the time and the PSN not running tonight... I just tried to get into the lobbies and my Vita is just spinning it's wheels. I have no idea how the time works across time zones. We need to verify that once PSN is back up, but I suspect we'll all have to adjust for our own local timezones.

I don't mind posting up a "how to find the right tournament" FAQ with screens once we get the PSN back and have ironed out the process.

On a slightly different note... It would make a whole lot more sense to me if we could simply make a tournament with our own rules and options and protect it or make it invite only or smthng. This premade open to everyone stuff kinda blows... you have to make sure you register early, otherwise you risk it filling up.

Okay. Yeah, I'm getting a connection error now when I try online, I'm guessing because PSN is down. I think I seen you in the lobby area, maybe after you guys were done, as there were 2-3 other people in there about 2pm (CST).

PSN is back, so the lobbies are working again. Since they're fairly confusing, I made a quick walkthrough...

http://smthng.info/HSG/HSGWI_JoinTournament.html

Nothing fancy, hopefully just enough to get everyone where they need to be at the right time. If I get enough complaints that people can't read, I might do one of these for Youtube.

Just note that we've pretty much decided to live in Animal > Cow > Lobby 14 for the CAG tournaments.

Bravo! Nice work smthng. Everyone should be able to follow that with ease.

Updated tourney list. Also I'm assuming the best way to add people is through PS3. I haven't found a way to add a message with the friend request when doing it on the Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smthng']PSN is back, so the lobbies are working again. Since they're fairly confusing, I made a quick walkthrough...

http://smthng.info/HSG/HSGWI_JoinTournament.html

Nothing fancy, hopefully just enough to get everyone where they need to be at the right time. If I get enough complaints that people can't read, I might do one of these for Youtube.

Just note that we've pretty much decided to live in Animal > Cow > Lobby 14 for the CAG tournaments.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Looking over your walkthrough it appears I was doing it correctly. Although, like you stated I believe that the Event time may be tied to a time zone. A 20 hour tournament on the east coast (8pm) would be 18 hour in the midwest (6pm) and 17 hour on the west coast (5pm) correct? Is there anyway to see who is booked in a tournament before or after you book?

[quote name='edison']A 20 hour tournament on the east coast (8pm) would be 18 hour in the midwest (6pm) and 17 hour on the west coast (5pm) correct? [/quote]

I believe so, but I'd actually like to test that sometime soon. Make sure we can get a couple in different time zones to find the same tournament and verify that the hours are adjusted or not.

Is there anyway to see who is booked in a tournament before or after you book?

I don't believe you can see an actual list, but if you go back and view your booking, it shows how many people have booked it and how many of them are your friends. I'll get caps of those the next time we get a fair group together.

If you go to book a tourney and you have a friend already in it, a yellow square icon will be displayed on the far right. That's what I used to make sure I was entering the correct tournament.

bread's done
Back