[PS Vita] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Has anyone else gotten to the Silver levels? The "Legacy of Golf links" is straight insanity... I honestly see no way to play this course under par, haha.

I've been mainly playing the daily tournaments. I feel like impact for character selection is over rated. I played with a character with a D rating on impact and played better than normal. This is a category I normally would want to have at least a high C to B grade.

I haven't made it to silver yet, I think I'm just starting Bronze. I've also been playing the dailies, but not as much since Motorstorm RC dropped... I'll get back into it today most likely.

I pick a character based on power and control. I pretty much ignore the rest of the stuff, because...

I honestly don't know what most of the character stat stuff does... especially impact. What's the difference between power and impact? IMO, Power and impact should be pretty much the same, as the impact is where the power is transferred to the ball and that shouldn't really be variable.

Power is just how far you hit the ball (yardage).

Found this on another forum.
Control = How much ur character can shoot where u aimed at ... The higher it is (S Being top) the more ur character will aim to where u shot ..

Impact = The higher it is , The bigger the impact Circle is. ( The Big one, Not the Perfect impact circle)

Spin = Spin effect ... ( super top spin & super back spin), also effects the trajectory.

Sidespin = The higher it is , The more ur character can pull off a wider sidespin ..

This makes since to me, so with less impact the better chance we have off making a bad shot(where the screen goes black and the ball popcorns in the air or rolls to the right or left).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, there are a LOT more players than there were the first shipping week. Tournament rankings are now out of 11200, not the 1200 that we had the first week. I'm surprised my rank hasn't taken a major dive, but I'm still hanging in around the 10% mark.

Ok Golfers... I'm going to attempt to get our tournaments going. Today! 8pm EST. I edited the first post here already. The actual tournament that we'll need to book is yet to be decided on (I haven't gotten online today to look). I'd like it to be an easy one, like Novice Only or Megacup on Maple. If anyone wants to go look and pick one in or near that time slot, feel free to post it up and edit the wiki post, otherwise I'll pick and post one in an hour or two.

[quote name='smthng']Ok Golfers... I'm going to attempt to get our tournaments going. Today! 8pm EST. I edited the first post here already. The actual tournament that we'll need to book is yet to be decided on (I haven't gotten online today to look). I'd like it to be an easy one, like Novice Only or Megacup on Maple. If anyone wants to go look and pick one in or near that time slot, feel free to post it up and edit the wiki post, otherwise I'll pick and post one in an hour or two.[/QUOTE]

I'm in, and Megacup would be great :D

Update - Note time and tournament - Novice Only characters, no Megacup's were available. Review the first post for links on how to join if you're not familiar. I would recommend booking ASAP so your place is assured.

Next CAG Time: - 3/11/12 - 8:30pm EST
Tournament: 11 - Maple Leaf Novice Only Tour - 9 Holes (Out), Long Tee (Mirror), top 25% to place.

20120311-HSGphoto.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smthng']Update - Note time and tournament - Novice Only characters, no Megacup's were available. Review the first post for links on how to join if you're not familiar. I would recommend booking ASAP so your place is assured.

Next CAG Time: - 3/11/12 - 8:30pm EST
Tournament: 11 - Maple Leaf Novice Only Tour - 9 Holes (Out), Long Tee (Mirror), top 25% to place.

20120311-HSGphoto.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Booked! It was showing up an hour off sinhasn't vita hasn't caught up with dst yet. Good luck all!

I had to go in and check the daylight savings box manually. I then exited out of HSG and restarted the game and everything was fine :)

Friendly reminder, 35 minutes until the tourney starts. Be sure to "book" it soon!

EDIT: I added "results" section at the bottom of the first post. If someone wants to take a screenshot (PS button + Start) of the "friends" view at the end of the tournaments, that would be great. Not sure what we'll do with the results, but it would be nice to have over time :)

Party at my place for tourney. Friends and friends of friends will be able to join if you want voice between rounds.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Looks like I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Appears we need to be in the lobby with at least 5 minutes before the tournament starts. I just booked the tournament immediately after the one the guys are in right now.

5 - Kagurayama Mega Cup Tour 9H
21:00 - 21:21
(9:00 PM EST start time)

Things were going pretty well...

iLnStl.jpg

It did not end well. Please note that Smthng is showing up as -2 with 780 points, yet his screenshot clearly shows otherwise. I'm wondering if perhaps after a certain hole he stopped upload/updating with myself/others?

CQb9Yl.jpg

My quick recap...

The first tourney started with only three of us. I figured that everyone else either forgot or didn't realize they needed to be IN THE LOBBY five minutes before tee off. I'll update my little web tutorial thing on joining the tournament to reflect that.

I won the first one, pretty much because there were only really two of us. :)

The second tourney clearly went to combatrhombus who made a huge run from behind. It didn't hurt that Syn tanked a couple holes, while I pretty much screwed the pooch the entire time. Results are posted on the first post.

Lessons learned:
  1. Be in the lobby five minutes early, even if you've booked!
  2. Take a screenshot of the final result showing YOUR position. Clearly, there are issues with the results. If you can't prove you should have been higher, you get whatever position the organizer has on his screen.
  3. Friend the organizer, preferably at least an hour before the match. It makes it much easier to get screenshots and you all show up on one nice sheet we're friends.

I backed out of the first one trying to join smthng party...then went back to HSG and it was timed out. Multi-tasking during a tournament = disqualification and unable to book a new tournament until that tournament is over.

I went through the list on the front page an added everyone a week ago, so all others feel free to add me. I'm assuming anyone who adds smthng, Syn or I and you should be good. So far we've been fairly consistent with playing. I really think we can begin an actual tournament. I think we should start the season soon doing 18 holes every Sunday night.

Are the Tournaments only going to be on Sundays. I was hoping we could also have tournaments on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights since I usually work Sunday nights.

I got my copy of the game last week and just now tried some of the online. It is definitely something I want to do more of, and would love to play in a CAG tournament next time one is offered. Feel free to friend me. xblacklistedx.

Congrats....I've had two one on a mega hole and another normal hole but they were both unofficial rounds. Its always when you least expect it but damn it feels good...to be a gangsta (sorry office space reference).

There was a live chat session recently (yesterday I think) with Tsubasa Inaba, Producer for HSGWI. I missed the session, but went back and snagged some highlights from it...

>How long until we see Online Vs/Stroke modes? I know it was promised in Japan, but how long until we see it here?

Tsubasa: We're looking into it, hopefully the wait won't be too painful! Please stay tuned!

> I remember early promotions talking about asynchronous multiplayer via 3G. Are there any plans to add 3G multiplayer to Hot Shots Golf? I want to play directly against my friends (not in tournaments or ad hoc).

Tsubasa: Again, looking into it (in positive terms), please stay tuned!

>Any plans for DLC characters/cameo's in the near future?

Tsubasa: Again, looking into it, with details to follow (hopefully soon). Stay tuned!!

>So, what is the future of the Hot Shots franchise now? And can we expect a new Hot Shots Tennis title soon? ;)

Tsubasa: Our main focus right now is to make sure we keep the game fresh (hint hint). Stay tuned for updates, some are coming to the PS blog in a few weeks!

>Are there any planned changes to the daily tournament format? I don't have any ideas myself ;) But I do love them and would love to see maybe some of the harder courses or weirder rule sets.

Tsubasa: Trust me, we're just getting warmed up. The tournaments in Japan (since they started earlier) are a bit tougher. We'll get there.

>looking in the photos on the game i see a game lobby thats not in the game at the moment is there work on other lobbies that othwrs can meet up?

Tsubasa: I believe the next update may address some of your needs? Stay tuned!​

So we're hopefully looking for an update "in a few weeks" that at least addresses some lobby issues. Maybe we'll see asynchronous play with this update too (which would be awesomes) and some DLC down the road. If you want to check out the original transcript, it's here. There's will be another for Gravity Days on the 21st here.

[quote name='smthng']There was a live chat session recently (yesterday I think) with Tsubasa Inaba, Producer for HSGWI. I missed the session, but went back and snagged some highlights from it...

>How long until we see Online Vs/Stroke modes? I know it was promised in Japan, but how long until we see it here?

Tsubasa: We're looking into it, hopefully the wait won't be too painful! Please stay tuned!

> I remember early promotions talking about asynchronous multiplayer via 3G. Are there any plans to add 3G multiplayer to Hot Shots Golf? I want to play directly against my friends (not in tournaments or ad hoc).

Tsubasa: Again, looking into it (in positive terms), please stay tuned!

>Any plans for DLC characters/cameo's in the near future?

Tsubasa: Again, looking into it, with details to follow (hopefully soon). Stay tuned!!

>So, what is the future of the Hot Shots franchise now? And can we expect a new Hot Shots Tennis title soon? ;)

Tsubasa: Our main focus right now is to make sure we keep the game fresh (hint hint). Stay tuned for updates, some are coming to the PS blog in a few weeks!

>Are there any planned changes to the daily tournament format? I don't have any ideas myself ;) But I do love them and would love to see maybe some of the harder courses or weirder rule sets.

Tsubasa: Trust me, we're just getting warmed up. The tournaments in Japan (since they started earlier) are a bit tougher. We'll get there.

>looking in the photos on the game i see a game lobby thats not in the game at the moment is there work on other lobbies that othwrs can meet up?

Tsubasa: I believe the next update may address some of your needs? Stay tuned!​

So we're hopefully looking for an update "in a few weeks" that at least addresses some lobby issues. Maybe we'll see asynchronous play with this update too (which would be awesomes) and some DLC down the road. If you want to check out the original transcript, it's here. There's will be another for Gravity Days on the 21st here.[/QUOTE]

Good news all around. I took a break from HSG when I got stuck in the gold tourneys, but I'm definitely ready to get back to it!

My wife has finally tried the Vita...and has been playing HSG for the past 45 minutes. She doesn't appear to have any interest and giving it back :(

This will teach me to not ask her to hold it while I get a new game off the shelf...

Yeah, that may not have been such a good move, unless you're willing to spring for another one. :S

On a somewhat related note, I was out Sunday so didn't set up a tourney. Anyone interested in hitting one of the lobby games tomorrow (Wednesday) night?

I'll do a lobby game tomorrow as well.

On another note I FINALLY got a hole in one on the 5th hole of the Harvest course. Not the one I expected to get it on since I seem to always do horribly on that particular one.

Ok... Booked for tonight.

Next CAG Time: - 3/21/12 - 8:00pm EST
Tournament: 2 - Maple Leaf Yuna Only Tour - 9 Holes (Out), Regular Tee, top 25% to place.

I suggest you book EARLY! Make sure you're in the lobby AT LEAST 5 mins early to accept the final confirmation request.

It'd be good if everyone joining can friend me (smthng) in advance so I can get screen caps of just CAG'ers. If you're going to friend me, make sure that you do so well before the game. I'm not switching back and forth to accept requests. We can't lock the game down, so there will probably be others in the game. See the first post on this thread for links on how to join if you're not familiar with it.

Remember, if you really want bragging rights, you are responsible for getting a screen cap of the scoreboard with the "Final" stamp. It's best if you take multiples showing all 30 players. Scoring is bugged and we've seen bad scores post in previous matches. If you can't produce a screenshot upon request, you get whatever shows on my result screen.

This is expected to run about 20 minutes, so there will probably be another one afterwards if we can find a decent one that's open. Since you can only book one at a time, there's not much point in planning for it until the first one is done.

See you on the green!

Forgot to mention... I believe your first character choice is Yuna or the other dude who I never bothered to unlock. If you picked the other guy, you'll need to unlock Yuna BEFORE the match. Make sure she's available to you. I'm generally trying to keep all the tournaments "easy" for now.

Of course I'd recommend booking as early as possible, but I suspect there will still be open slots around 6pm.

On the off chance that it does fill up, we'll probably run the Kagurayama Novice Only tour at 20:30 afterwards (tournament 13), so you could book that one while waiting. If that fills up too, there's number 16, which is is Harvest Hills Novice Only at 20:45.

bread's done
Back