PS2 $10 racing 3-pack at Wal-Mart (Ford Racing 3, Motocross Mania 3, Power Drome)

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Some of you may remember that Wal-Mart had a PS2 racing 3-pack last year (featuring Ford Racing 2, Corvette, and Super Trucks Racing) for $10.

Well, it's back. This time, the 3-pack has Ford Racing 3, Motocross Mania 3, and Power Drome. Yeah, not as good at last year's (especially considering how cheap Power Drome was at CC), but still, 3 PS2 games for $10 isn't bad.

I know a lot of us are going to be buying these for trade-in purposes, but I really recommend giving Ford Racing 3 a try if you like racers. I played it all the way through and I have to say that not only was it an improvement over Ford Racing 2 in every way, but it's the best budget racer I've ever played.

UPDATE (10/30): D. Monic confirmed that Ford Racing 3 and Motocross Mania 3 are currently PO at EB. Power Drome has previously been reported as POX but kjauburn reported that wherehouse.com is giving $11.25 for it.

UPDATE #2 (11/2): Warner1281 reported the following:

These games got 11.25, 2.50, and 2.50 credit at FYE/wherehouse yesterday. If you do cash, that comes out to $13. Not much of a return, but if anyone is absolutely desperate to make $3 minus taxes, you can.

UPDATE #3 (11/5): takingchase confirmed the Gamerush values:

Powerdrome - $6
Ford Racing 3 - $1.25
Motocross Mania 3 - $1.25

takingchase also reported that only Powerdrome is eligible for the trade in deal there.

Just to clarify for myself, are these 3 diff. disc, or are they three games on one disc.
Also, does anyone know which of these are POX?

[quote name='clariste']If these worked at Hastings like the previous 3 pack did, I'd be excited.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I can't tell if you are implying that they do not work as Hastings X-for-1 (usually 4-for-1, occasionally 3-for-1), or merely stating that you hope they do. Do you have knowledge that these don't trade? (I know "have knowledge" seems like an odd construct, but if I asked "Do you know that these don't trade?", there would be the same room for interpretation as to whether I was stating that they do not or asking if they do not).

I too am curious whether or not this 3-pack will work as well at Hastings as the last one did. That was a happy time indeed for me. :D
If anyone tries it, post here and let us know!

good to know, I remember last xmas I bought a ton of these for stocking stuffers for all my lil cousins. They loved it. Might have to do it again, and maybe buy myself a 3 pack this time around.

[quote name='DigitalSpace'] but it's the best budget racer I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

That ain't saying much ;)

jk I might pick one up if I see it. But damned walmart is so powering in the retail world that a brand new game from them can cost only $3 bucks. For the $10 I say why not go and get one what the worst that could happen?

are either of these 3 on the POX list at EB or know if GS will take them? Also wondering if there are any trade in X # of games get any extra credit going on right now?

Dammit, I just hope I can get a hold of one for the games. I actually loved Ford Racing 2, have been considering buying 3, and have looked a few times at the other titles. Too bad they aren't on the box though... :( But hey, for $10, I'll take what I can get.

[quote name='TimPV3']Powerdrome is definately POX but gets $12 at Gamerush IIRC.[/QUOTE]
That might be just the XB version though. Not sure about that however.

I'm pretty sure Ford Racing 3 is PO and there's a chance Motocross Mania 3 is as well. I'm gonna try 'em out tomorrow.

[quote name='D. Monic']That might be just the XB version though. Not sure about that however.

I'm pretty sure Ford Racing 3 is PO and there's a chance Motocross Mania 3 is as well. I'm gonna try 'em out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to post-up once you do find out.

What does this look like and where is it located, in the case or by the $19.99 and under games? I went to look for it tonight and didn't see anything but we probably just don't have it yet.

[quote name='TimPV3']What does this look like and where is it located, in the case or by the $19.99 and under games? I went to look for it tonight and didn't see anything but we probably just don't have it yet.[/QUOTE]

I am also curious about this, the walmart employees near me are idiots and it would be nice to know where to looks. Also is this all on one disc?(im assuming not) or is it just all three games shrink wrapped together or what?

If it is like the last pack, they are three normal cased games, shrinkwrapped side by side. I went to Wally World today and had someone check another one, no go for me yet. Stumbled upon the $20 DVD set deal though, so not a complete loss.

yeah, it's packaged just like last year's three-pack, with the three titles sealed in their own dvd case side by side. at my store there was a a bunch displayed on top of a pallet-type thing, but that's probably YMMV.

At my Wal-Mart (South Bend), they had them on an end-cap near the video game section. They were not in the glass case with the rest of the games. They had a ton of 'em. Probably more than 150 3-packs.

At my Wal-Mart, they had this in a bin with all the other budget titles (including Cold Winter, which I was very tempted to pick up but decided against it). I'm not a big racing fan though, so it would sorta be a waste of $10 for me unless they get some good values at Gamerush.

ok, went to EB today to get in on the last day of the GT4 trade in deal. Both Ford Racing 3 and Motocross Mania 3 are PO. I didn't try Powerdrome because it's been reported as POX for a while now.

I'll find out what Powerdrome trades for at Blockbuster sometime this week.

[quote name='D. Monic']ok, went to EB today to get in on the last day of the GT4 trade in deal. Both Ford Racing 3 and Motocross Mania 3 are PO. I didn't try Powerdrome because it's been reported as POX for a while now.

I'll find out what Powerdrome trades for at Blockbuster sometime this week.[/QUOTE]

...awesome!

[quote name='D. Monic']ok, went to EB today to get in on the last day of the GT4 trade in deal. Both Ford Racing 3 and Motocross Mania 3 are PO. I didn't try Powerdrome because it's been reported as POX for a while now.

I'll find out what Powerdrome trades for at Blockbuster sometime this week.[/QUOTE]

What does PO mean?

Preowned included. It means you can use those games towards trade in deals at EB. POX means that you cannot.

I checked wherehouse.com they are giving 11.25 for Powerdrome PS2. If blockbuster won't give more then a few bucks I would consider sending it to wherehouse...

[quote name='kjauburn']I checked wherehouse.com they are giving 11.25 for Powerdrome PS2. If blockbuster won't give more then a few bucks I would consider sending it to wherehouse...[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. Maybe I'll stop by FYE this week and see what they say.

[quote name='guessed']I'm sorry, I can't tell if you are implying that they do not work as Hastings X-for-1 (usually 4-for-1, occasionally 3-for-1), or merely stating that you hope they do. Do you have knowledge that these don't trade? (I know "have knowledge" seems like an odd construct, but if I asked "Do you know that these don't trade?", there would be the same room for interpretation as to whether I was stating that they do not or asking if they do not).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think Powerdrome will work at Hastings. As for the other two, I don't know. I was just being negative. I'll probably try the pack if I can find it. Maybe this will revive the Hastings trade thread, if only for a short spell.

[quote name='aaron157']anyone?[/QUOTE]

Have some patience.

They aren't going to hardly give anything for these games. The only way to take advantage of it will be to use any type of trade in deal they have going, which is why people want to find out what exactly is PO and what is POX.

[quote name='clariste']Actually, I think Powerdrome will work at Hastings. As for the other two, I don't know. I was just being negative. I'll probably try the pack if I can find it. Maybe this will revive the Hastings trade thread, if only for a short spell.[/QUOTE]

I hope the other two work as well. Man, it'd be sweet to get this deal going again just like last year! :D

well I just picked one up, I'll probably head out to gamerush later and I'll let you guys know what kind of trade in you get there. I can't think of what game to preorder though with the trade 2 in preorder one for 29.99 deal. Anyone have any suggestions? So far I have half life 2, FFXII, Magan Carta, GUN, and Wild Arms Alter Code F preordered.

[quote name='takingchase']well I just picked one up, I'll probably head out to gamerush later and I'll let you guys know what kind of trade in you get there. I can't think of what game to preorder though with the trade 2 in preorder one for 29.99 deal. Anyone have any suggestions? So far I have half life 2, FFXII, Magan Carta, GUN, and Wild Arms Alter Code F preordered.[/QUOTE]

Is Dragon Quest VIII available for preorder? If so I'm in.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']ooo i think i'm a have to pick up another GT4 or 2.[/QUOTE]

I think the GT4 trade deal ended yesterday (I know it was supposed to).

[quote name='0192837465']Is Dragon Quest VIII available for preorder? If so I'm in.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost certain it is, however I think the deal just ended today. Supposedly though tomorrow stars the new deal where you can trade 2 games in and preorder one for 29.99 or buy a new game for 29.99. I don't think anythings been confirmed yet though, so I guess we'll see.

These games got 11.25, 2.50, and 2.50 credit at FYE/wherehouse yesterday. If you do cash, that comes out to $13. Not much of a return, but if anyone is absolutely desperate to make $3 minus taxes, you can.

[quote name='Warner1281']These games got 11.25, 2.50, and 2.50 credit at FYE/wherehouse yesterday. If you do cash, that comes out to $13. Not much of a return, but if anyone is absolutely desperate to make $3 minus taxes, you can.[/QUOTE]

Which game got $11.25?

[quote name='abilyk']Which game got $11.25?[/QUOTE]
Probably Powerdrome since that's the same price offered by Wherehouse.com, and FYE and Wherehouse are connected. But I'm just guessing...

I'm going to swing by an FYE tonight, so I'll find out. However, this FYE has a tendency to offer less than the price in the system if they see fit, which annoys the hell out of me.

Too bad these 3-packs didn't come out sooner or would I bought a bunch of 'em. As it stands, I've bought two so far.

I used the FR3 and MM3 from the first pack toward the GT4 trade-in deal at EB. So that's like getting $13.50 in credit each. Then I traded the PD at FYE for $9 in store credit. This FYE tends to be on the low side for giving out credit.

I used the FR3 and MM3 from the second pack toward one last Zelda trade at EB last night, so that's $10 in credit each. I'll trade the second PD in tonight at a different FYE for at least $9, but hopefully $11.

Had these 3-packs come out earlier, who knows how much damage I could have done.

Thanks OP for spotting these. Great deal.

alright, i'm gonna go pick up a 3 pack, Bad Boys 2, Backyard wrestling, and bring my a random used game for Zelda. can you change a preorder to credit?

Am I blind or have I still not seen anyone post what the values are for trading these three puppies in at GameRush. Want to know whether it's worth the effort for their pre-order deal.

Anyone know?

[quote name='pimp tyranny']alright, i'm gonna go pick up a 3 pack, Bad Boys 2, Backyard wrestling, and bring my a random used game for Zelda. can you change a preorder to credit?[/QUOTE]
Well, according to the Web site, the Zelda trade-in deal ended Wednesday. However, it's been extended so many times due to the release date being pushed back, who knows? Just be careful you don't get stuck with games you don't want.

bread's done
Back