PS2 Fighting Games

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I just purchased an arcade stick for PS3 and want to get a few more games to use it with. I want PS2 games since they are cheaper than PS3 games and there are not too many fighters on PS3 yet. I have Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Virtua Fighter 5 is on its way from Goozex. I just recently got into fighting games, so I can't even think of which ones I missed on PS2. Any suggestions would be great.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Thread over.[/quote]

A great game, but by no means the end of the thread.

The problem with MvC2 is you need upwards of $80 to get a copy.

In no particular order

- Guilty Gear series (any game except for Isuka)
- Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
- King of Fighters Collection: Orochi Saga
- Arcana Heart
- Capcom vs. SNK 2
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- King of Fighters XI
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

[quote name='cletus']Arcana Hearts is $16 on Amazon for today only. Better hurry.[/quote]
$13 now. Better hurry.

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Tekken 5 (if you don't have the PS3 version)
Capcom vs SNK 2
SF Alpha Anthology
SF Anniversary Collection
Guilty Gear (I prefer X2 but everyone seems to like Accent Core the best)
Arcana Heart
KOF XI

I can vouch for almost every game mentioned in this thread. Some advice I'd give you is to stay away from VF4:Evo if you have VF5 on the way. VF5 is much better overall. However, if you see Evo for about $5 at Best Buy, get it.

I'd say some of the must have fighting games on the PS2 are the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, Tekken Tag Tournament and/or Tekken 5, Soul Calibur II & Capcom vs. SNK 2. Those are some good places to start. Arcana Heart & KOFXI are also worth a look.

Just remember, if you pick up a Soul Calibur game on the PS2, stay away from SCIII. It had a memory card corruption glitch that could wipe out both your progress and possably your saves for other games as well. It sucks because SCIII was a pretty good game too.

Feel free to bounce any questions off me.:cool:

bread's done
Back