PS2 going down to $129.99 this week

[quote name='Magehart']wow... people don't own a PS2 yet? Holy crap...[/QUOTE]

Some people, get this, DON'T like Sony. Yep. You heard it here first.

[quote name='gizmogc']Some people, get this, DON'T like Sony. Yep. You heard it here first.[/QUOTE]

Or they just have not replaced thier 30001-SPH model yet, like many frustrated people i know.

Cool. The first solid info we have on the ps2 price drop. I'm guessing we don't have any info on the Xbox's price drop yet, otherwise you would of mention something about it.

Come on Microsoft, make your move. I'm waiting.

[quote name='gizmogc']Some people, get this, DON'T like Sony. Yep. You heard it here first.[/QUOTE]
What does that have to do with having a PS2? You buy a system for games, not the company who makes the system, right?

[quote name='Andy787']What does that have to do with having a PS2? You buy a system for games, not the company who makes the system, right?[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of a country named japan?

Ever heard of a country named japan?

Wait a minute...you're a gamer that boycotts Japanese products?

That's like a car afficionado boycotting wheels.

I don't and I never will. Unless I see one for like 5 or 10 bucks. I refuse to spend more on it.

I have no interested on games on PS2. If the game comes out for all consoles, I'd get it on Xbox first (Better Graphics, harddrive). Very few PS2 exclusive games interest me.

For me, buying a PS2 for its games would be the equivilant of buying a 3D0 for its games.

$130 is still to much... geez, they've sold over 70 million of these and they could easily charge less for them since this is being product on a much larger mass scale than the XB/GC.

But I guess it's only to be expect since it does look selling like it was just released.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']No, Japan basically boycott's Xbox, Xbox 360.[/quote]

because there's just not enough asian style RPG games on xbox

[quote name='mackaikai']because there's just not enough asian style RPG games on xbox[/QUOTE]

I agree.
It is microsoft's fault that the XBox360 is failing in Japan.

[quote name='gizmogc']I have no interested on games on PS2. If the game comes out for all consoles, I'd get it on Xbox first (Better Graphics, harddrive). Very few PS2 exclusive games interest me.

For me, buying a PS2 for its games would be the equivilant of buying a 3D0 for its games.[/quote]

graphics are not everything PS always have a majority of good 1st, 3rd Party support compared to Microsoft. Also I'm a rpg and Fighter guy so PS2 definately gets the vote for me. Besides Fable and Jade Empire I don't see where xbox is going with RPGs and fighters no where they will get Tekken.

[quote name='CaoPi']graphics are not everything PS always have a majority of good 1st, 3rd Party support compared to Microsoft. Also I'm a rpg and Fighter guy so PS2 definately gets the vote for me. Besides Fable and Jade Empire I don't see where xbox is going with RPGs and fighters no where they will get Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Graphics re not everything, I strongly agree. But when given the choice, and the same price, its a no brainer to get a more 'upgraded' version of a game.

As for games...like I said before, very few PS2 exclusive games interest me. Infact, only 1, being Kingdom Hearts.

Anyways, regarding an Xbox pricedrop...not gonna happen. MS has already stopped productions on new Xboxs, and what you see, is whats left. They may lower the bundle package to $150, but thats only to dump the left over stock.

I'm kicking myself for not getting a PS2 at least a year ago. Now I'm thinking whether or not to get a PS2 in its dying days, even with a pricedrop.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Or they just have not replaced thier 30001-SPH model yet, like many frustrated people i know.[/quote]

Hell I am so past that model. I am currently on my 5th PS2.

[quote name='Magehart']wow... people don't own a PS2 yet? Holy crap...[/quote]

fuck dude, I want one of those small ones. Those things are goddamn crazy awesome!!!!!

lol glad i bought one from someone for $50 a few weeks ago. Kingdom Hearts 2 rocks.

Then there are the people who need to pick up a new PS2 out of neccessity, after the first 3 they bought died in 6 months time.

:roll: :bouncy:

It's gonna have to drop more than this for me to pick it up. Possibly when it hits $50 like the PSOne did I'll pick one up. Till then, my backlog of GC/Xbox/GBA/DS/NES/SMS/etc will tide me over... I need to stop buying games.

Are the 2 Katamari games easy to get ahold of? Those are the games that I'm interested in a PS2 for.

[quote name='wbc1228']Cool. The first solid info we have on the ps2 price drop. I'm guessing we don't have any info on the Xbox's price drop yet, otherwise you would of mention something about it.

Come on Microsoft, make your move. I'm waiting.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. My XBOX died on me a few months ago. I've been buying all these games but haven't played any of them, because I'm waiting for the XBOX to go below $149. Some people may hate Sony but they should remeber that competion among game systems brings out better games. If you only had one system, you get tons of games like E.T.

[quote name='poopy']I don't and I never will. Unless I see one for like 5 or 10 bucks. I refuse to spend more on it.[/quote]

I was the same way about the Xbox. I always said the only way I'd get one is if I got it for free. thinking about Halo, Ninja Gaiden and... ... well, thats all I wanted almost made me crack, but then I actually got one for free. :cool:

[quote name='keiblerfan69']Hell I am so past that model. I am currently on my 5th PS2.[/quote]

lol, do i dare ask what you do with your ps2?

[quote name='DuckM4n']lol, do i dare ask what you do with your ps2?[/quote]

I did THIS to my 2000 PS2 and it still works...

Its funny how people bitch about the PS2 DREs that are actually caused by them playing dirty games or having a dusty house. All you have to do is shoot the laser with compressed air, or worse case (9/10 times) rub it with a qtip and alcohol.

[quote name='Kayden']I did THIS to my 2000 PS2 and it still works...

Its funny how people bitch about the PS2 DREs that are actually caused by them playing dirty games or having a dusty house. All you have to do is shoot the laser with compressed air, or worse case (9/10 times) rub it with a qtip and alcohol.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to do something similar to my first PS2 (changing the case to a nice clear color) but I broke the PS2 as I was disassembling it. Yes, I know. I have mad skill.
:)

well, if it drops on overstock you could probably use 10% off and free shipping to make it a little bit cheaper ;) either that or one of those target 10% codes. probably wouldn't get free shipping on that though...

Some of us waited because we're extreme cheapa****. :lol: I may throw a tantrum or cry if Overstock goes cheaper.

Regarding the Katamari availability question. Katamari Damacy may be getting low depending on your locale. Went to two Best Buys and saw one at one store and two at another. The newer We Love Katamari is easier to get.

Even worse: Some people don't have a gamecube!!!

[quote name='wageslave']Even worse: Some people don't have a gamecube!!![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far.

BTW, Wherehouse Music had slim PS2s for $119.99 when I went by one last week. YMMV, but it had official looking signs.

So, what do you guys think is the chance of Microsoft matching this price drop for the xbox? I've been waiting to pick one of those up.

[quote name='gizmogc']like I said before, very few PS2 exclusive games interest me[/quote]

Several interest me:

RPG
Final Fantasy X
Dark Cloud 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Suikoden III

ACTION/ADVENTURE
God of War
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3 SE
ICO

SHOOTER
SOCOM 3

FIGHTING
Tekken 5

DRIVING
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

PLATFORMER
Ratchet & Clank 1 & 2
Sly 2 & 3
Jak and Daxter 1
Klonoa 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

RHYTHM
Amplitude
Frequency
Guitar Hero

IMHO, it's time to buy. :applause:

Oh crap, I work all day Thursday. I remember how bad it was last time the PS2 took a price drop, that was the summer before the shortage of 04'.

[quote name='RedComet']Is this on the fat or slim PS2?[/quote]
It ought to be the slim PS2, since the fat one is out of production for a year now.

i dont even play my original ps2 anymore since i only play xbox and GC. the only reason i played it was for the GTA games. would it be worth it to trade in my old ps2 for the new slim ps2. ive had a network adapter for over a yr now but never played online. since i only play on xbox live.

i don't know if i want to get a ps2 for xbox. I could afford a new PS2 with the drop but i'd have to buy a refurb xbox. However i'm starting to question gamestop/ ebgames' definition of refurbished. Today , again, i tried to fix the silver strip problem with my old busted PS2 and i failed. It's just another reminder of 2 things A). my harsh feelings for sony and gamestop and B). That refurbished sysems are a huge risk.

So now i'm stuck in the middle. what should i do?

PS. i got my refurb ps2 from gamestop long ago so i can't return it and it really started messing up after the set return time.

best to wait till 4/30, when BB has the $10 gift card for purchases over $100; which brings it down to $119.99, plus the folks that have RZ score points.

[quote name='rly723']i dont even play my original ps2 anymore since i only play xbox and GC. the only reason i played it was for the GTA games. would it be worth it to trade in my old ps2 for the new slim ps2. ive had a network adapter for over a yr now but never played online. since i only play on xbox live.[/QUOTE]

LOL, GTA? Seems like you've never heard of MGS, DMC, FF, etc, etc. Those are the reasons why I want to get a PS2.

actually i have the MGS games too but dont play them. i only play on xbox live now, so thats why i barely play my ps2 anymore. basically just halo and sports games on xbox live

[quote name='slothroplt']Several interest me:

RPG
Final Fantasy X
Dark Cloud 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Suikoden III

ACTION/ADVENTURE
God of War
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3 SE
ICO

SHOOTER
SOCOM 3

FIGHTING
Tekken 5

DRIVING
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

PLATFORMER
Ratchet & Clank 1 & 2
Sly 2 & 3
Jak and Daxter 1
Klonoa 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

RHYTHM
Amplitude
Frequency
Guitar Hero

IMHO, it's time to buy. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Its sad when only 3 of the games interest me (Kingdom Hearts 2 (which I already beat), God of War, and Devil May Cry)

[quote name='gizmogc']I have no interested on games on PS2. If the game comes out for all consoles, I'd get it on Xbox first (Better Graphics, harddrive). Very few PS2 exclusive games interest me.

For me, buying a PS2 for its games would be the equivilant of buying a 3D0 for its games.[/QUOTE]

Then why the fuck do you keep posting in this thread?

bread's done
Back