PS2 to PS3 controller adaptor $4.49 shipped

Be careful on this one guys. I have a PS2 USB adapter to my PS2 controller on my PC, and I tried it to adapt a controller to the PS3 just last week.

The controller worked great as long as I didn't need the sixaxis function. HOWEVER the PS2 guitars are wired differently so they will NOT work with Guitar Hero III.

how about a ps2 gh2 guitar with this usb adapter used to play gh2 on ps3 would that work?

does rumble work on the ps2 controller for ps3 games?

Ordered. Will see how it goes with Guitar Hero, etc.

Finally, rumble again. Not interested in ~$50 DS3s when I have a ton of DS2s and only use my PS3 for PS2 games anyway.

where do you input the code to get it for $5 i keep seeing it for 9.99 in my cart?

edit: nevermind found it, its at the very very bottom.

Just to warn people in advance... this won't work with guitar hero controllers. Also I've only found 2 ps2 to ps3 adapter that work with most joysticks like the x-arcade and tekken stick.

Yeah, be careful. I got this same adaptor so I could play GH 1 and 2 on the PS3. It does NOT work. Also, its laggy as heck. Sometimes there is a reason items are marked down so low.

[quote name='D. Monic']If you want to use your PS2 guitar with the PS3 version of Rock Band or GH3, then it's worth it to fork over the extra $ for this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-PS2-PS3-Controller-Adaptor/dp/B00162IF76[/quote]

I want to double confirm before I buy this. I have GH1 for PS2 with the wired guitar controller. Are you saying that with this adaptor, I can use my GH1 controller to play the PS3 versions RB or GH3? All I have to do is purchase the games?

[quote name='djbooba']If you guys want a good PS2/PS3 adapter, buy this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YGH3RS
It has no lag and works with arcade sticks and is compatible with GH1/GH2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='D. Monic']If you want to use your PS2 guitar with the PS3 version of Rock Band or GH3, then it's worth it to fork over the extra $ for this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-PS2-PS3-Controller-Adaptor/dp/B00162IF76[/QUOTE]according to MarkMang who's like the guru of this shyt, these are the two to use.

the first for fighters, the 2nd for guitar hero...

the only thing is... I dont think he's ever tested beatmania with any of them so I wouldnt kno which one to use for that particular game

EDIT:

actually, I take it back...

the good Guitar Hero converter is this one:

http://store.theantcommandos.com/product-p/gtr-ps3-adpt.htm

with the review rite here:

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/conve...mandos-universal-ps2-to-ps3-converter-review/

not the one I quoted >_

hmmm now i don't know which one to buy, but thanks for all the suggestions. i heard good things about the adapter TAC makes and that's the one i was going to buy, but i'm not sure about these other ones...

[quote name='DrNo888']Thanks JEKKI!

Gonna order the TAC one.[/quote]I bought the TAC adapter recently, and it works great. MarkMan's review is spot on. Now I'm able to use my wireless SG with Rock Band. Saved me ~$40. If I ever decide to pick up GHIII, I'm set. =]

I am currently having issues with the Ant Commandos adapter working with my original PS2 Guitar Hero 1 controller (white one) on RB on the PS3; although it works perfectly with the red GHII controller. I keep meaning to test the guitar on a real PS2 to verify it still works but haven't gotten around to it.

With the red GHII PS2 controller, it works awesome on Rock Band, and I've always liked the GH controllers better than the RB guitar.

Wait would the rumble feature on my PS2 controller work if I used this to play MGS4? I miss the rumble feature but I dont really want to go out and buy a DS3 yet.

that one that Jekki recommended for arcade sticks is from HK too far..So how about this one any reviews? I've heard Pelican is the best one for arcade sticks.

[quote name='CaoPi']that one that Jekki recommended for arcade sticks is from HK too far..So how about this one any reviews? I've heard Pelican is the best one for arcade sticks.[/quote]
It took about 1 week to arrive from Hong Kong. It was actually faster than some of the traders on here.

[quote name='jousley']Yeah, be careful. I got this same adaptor so I could play GH 1 and 2 on the PS3. It does NOT work. Also, its laggy as heck. Sometimes there is a reason items are marked down so low.[/quote]

wait so this adapter is laggy? you mean for gh or all games is it laggy? cause i was planing on using it for fps and mgo.

[quote name='vic_x51']wait so this adapter is laggy? you mean for gh or all games is it laggy? cause i was planing on using it for fps and mgo.[/quote]
I have heard it is laggy all around. There are 3 adapters out that are pretty much lag free. The Ant Commandos one, The Real one, and the Pelican one.

I have the Pelican one. It does not work with GH1 guitar for PS3 game. Not sure if there are more than one Pelican one, but it's the one with the switch for GH1 & GH2.

So that "TAC" one that's the only one Amazon carries works fine for normal games (as long as they don't require motion control)? I'd like to avoid using bluetooth if possible...

[quote name='vinht426']how is this adapter for dance pads for DDR?[/quote]
I too would like to know this. There are yet to be any DDR games for the ps3. (Yet another will be released for the 360 this year)

[quote name='D_Icon']If I want to play GH2 and GH:80s Edition on my PS3 with the PS2 guitars which adaptor should I get?

The TAC adaptor doesn't mention anything about being able to play GH2 and GH:80s Edition.
http://store.theantcommandos.com/product-p/gtr-ps3-adpt.htm

Any help appreciated.[/quote]

This is covered in my review here:

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/conve...mandos-universal-ps2-to-ps3-converter-review/

Scroll towards the bottom for the music games testing portion...

So yea, as of right now, you're stuck with nothing for GH2 and GH 80s on PS3 ;/

I just picked up the ps2 to ps3 adapter from eforcity on ebay; it came yesterday and I gave it a try last night with GH Rocks the 80's on the PS3. It worked really good except I had no whammy bar function using the red wired guitar from GH2. There was no noticable lag and all other functions seem to work good.

I haven't tried the adapter yet with other PS2 games but for very cheap what do you expect?

[quote name='MarkMan']You can test for the lag using the mode in GH2.[/QUOTE]

In your review you referred to "insane" prices for the Pelican.

I didn't realize these went out of production. I have two sealed and a loose one I don't need.

[quote name='vinht426']how is this adapter for dance pads for DDR?[/quote]

[quote name='greeble']I too would like to know this. There are yet to be any DDR games for the ps3. (Yet another will be released for the 360 this year)[/quote]

Count me as curious. I have a PS2 metal mat that I really want to put to use on my PS3 (since I sold my PS2).

Has anybody tried DDR with any of these adapters? What works?

if anyones curious i just got my adaptor today.
It works on wired ps2 sony/3rd party controllers, but not on my wireless ps2 gameshark controller. it doesnt work set on player 1 only as player 2 ect.., so basically dosn't work with ps3 single player games. ps2 single player games are ok. works with ps2 guitar hero 2 guitar playing ps2 guitar hero games but not with use with rockband. thats all i tested it with so far. Lag wise, i dont notice any yet.

edit: does work with single player ps3 games, no rumble

[quote name='Rig']Count me as curious. I have a PS2 metal mat that I really want to put to use on my PS3 (since I sold my PS2).

Has anybody tried DDR with any of these adapters? What works?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried playing any PS2 DDR games on the PS3, with a Red Octane Ignition 3.0 pad plugged in via USB? Does that work? I don't have a PS3 yet, and in part what I'd need to justify the purchase would be knowing that I could still play my PS2 DDR games on it with the Ignition 3.0 pads. Those pads have a USB connector, though it was intended for use with computers (StepMania).

Just got mine today, and it works great. I was a little worried at first, because it lags pretty bad on the XMB screen...but once in game it works perfectly (oddly enough). I used an official Dualshock 2 controller to test out my games.

Even though Vic_x51 stated his didn't work for 1-player games, I had no problem playing them at all. I played through some Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Battlefield Bad Company demo with no problems. The weird thing is that when I connect my other PS3 controllers after in a game, they connect to players 3 and 4. It as almost as if it takes up both 1st and 2nd player slots. While playing Metal Gear and Bad Company, I experienced almost no lag whatsoever. I was able to play a full online match in Bad Company and score in the top 3 out of 24 players...which goes to show it doesn't affect my play style.

The biggest problem is that there is no rumble in PS3 games. Metal Gear didn't have any rumble, so I guess it doesn't work for PS3 games. I'll update with more information if I discover anything else.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Just got mine today, and it works great. I was a little worried at first, because it lags pretty bad on the XMB screen...but once in game it works perfectly (oddly enough). I used an official Dualshock 2 controller to test out my games.

Even though Vic_x51 stated his didn't work for 1-player games, I had no problem playing them at all. I played through some Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Battlefield Bad Company demo with no problems. The weird thing is that when I connect my other PS3 controllers after in a game, they connect to players 3 and 4. It as almost as if it takes up both 1st and 2nd player slots. While playing Metal Gear and Bad Company, I experienced almost no lag whatsoever. I was able to play a full online match in Bad Company and score in the top 3 out of 24 players...which goes to show it doesn't affect my play style.

The biggest problem is that there is no rumble in PS3 games. Metal Gear didn't have any rumble, so I guess it doesn't work for PS3 games. I'll update with more information if I discover anything else.[/quote]

hey how did you get it too work for mgs4? whenever i have my ps2 controller naviagate to the xmb, click the mgs4 game and than when it loads up and you get that screen where it says mgs4 saves to hdd automatically blah blah.. press 'x' i can't press x with the ps2 controller how do you do it?

[quote name='vic_x51']hey how did you get it too work for mgs4? whenever i have my ps2 controller naviagate to the xmb, click the mgs4 game and than when it loads up and you get that screen where it says mgs4 saves to hdd automatically blah blah.. press 'x' i can't press x with the ps2 controller how do you do it?[/quote]

I just started my PS3 up, plugged in only the PS2-to-PS3 adapter and controller, made sure that no other controller was connected to the PS3 prior to connecting the controller, and it worked fine. When the "Press-X" screen came up, I pushed X and continued to play normally. Something must be going wrong.

You don't have another controller assigned to slot-1 or slot-2 prior to connecting the controller and adapter, do you?

yea i figured it out, i had my rock band guitar doggle hooked up since the day i bought it & fergot all about it, so that was always taking up slot 1. unhooked it and i was able to play with the ps2 controller fine, no rumble though

[quote name='Ziarka']Wait would the rumble feature on my PS2 controller work if I used this to play MGS4? I miss the rumble feature but I dont really want to go out and buy a DS3 yet.[/QUOTE]

The only adapter out right now that supports PS2 controller rumble in PS3 games is this one: http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=20700

I have it and it works great. It even works with my wireless PS2 controller (which is the Thrustmaster Run 'n Drive (at Amazon if you want one)). Not sure about lag in fighting games with it, though. . .

Steve

bread's done
Back