PS3 101: New user's guide to the PS3 (ask questions here -- TMK is on duty)

[quote name='schuerm26']That's what I figured but it won't let me. I can click on the user name. Hit Triangle for Options. Then the only choice i have is information. From there I can only change the name or the smiling face logo to something else. Is there some sort of delete function on the keyboard when changing the username?[/quote]
Try making another profile.
Mine shows "Delete" as an option, but I have two profiles on my system.

Ohh... I just had another thought. I think there is a "Restore System" option somewhere, maybe that will do it. (I'm updating my firmware right this second or I'd check and tell you exactly where it is.)
I just checked, it's "Settings >> System Settings >> Restore PS3 System"
That's supposed to reset everything to default and format the hard drive.

[quote name='mguiddy']Try making another profile.
Mine shows "Delete" as an option, but I have two profiles on my system.

Ohh... I just had another thought. I think there is a "Restore System" option somewhere, maybe that will do it. (I'm updating my firmware right this second or I'd check and tell you exactly where it is.)
I just checked, it's "Settings >> System Settings >> Restore PS3 System"
That's supposed to reset everything to default and format the hard drive.[/quote]

I formatted the hard drive earlier but the user profile was still there afterwards. Ill try both those options and see if I can get it to delete it. Thanks for the help.

Hey guys, I got a 40 gig and have Devil May Cry 4 and Heavenly Sword game data installed with about 4834 mb and 2048 mb, respectively, along with the Iron Man demo. I checked the system information and it says 22/37 gigs of free space left. Does the PS3 use some of the hard drive for its own purposes? Because two games and a demo shouldn't take up 15 gigs of space, right?

I'm having trouble with my media. I can't get my PS3 to see anything on a thumbdrive, .jpg pictures included.

I also cannot stream any WMV movies, even though I enabled it. I can stream music, but that's it.

Did you press triangle and Display All for the thumbdrive?

The PS3 doesn't have great codecs for streaming, so not everything will work. When worse comes to worse, try transferring them over manually and see if that works.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you press triangle and Display All for the thumbdrive?

The PS3 doesn't have great codecs for streaming, so not everything will work. When worse comes to worse, try transferring them over manually and see if that works.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was trying to do with the thumbdrive.

Oh well. 360 is the much better streaming platform. Perhaps I'll get on that XBMC project soon.

Quick question, I got a 40 gig and have Devil May Cry 4 and Heavenly Sword game data installed with about 4834 mb and 2048 mb, respectively, along with the Iron Man demo. I checked the system information and it says 22/37 gigs of free space left. Does the PS3 use some of the hard drive for its own purposes? Because two games and a demo shouldn't take up 15 gigs of space, right?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's what I was trying to do with the thumbdrive.

Oh well. 360 is the much better streaming platform. Perhaps I'll get on that XBMC project soon.[/QUOTE]I'll put it this way:
360 is about leaving your computer on and streaming media from a computer.

PS3 is about having a massive HDD storing all your media (not really streaming).

Since I'm more of a PS3 person, I basically have all my music and videos on my PS3 HDD, and greatly prefer that method (not a fan of streaming).

Neither way is really better than the other IMO, just preference.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's what I was trying to do with the thumbdrive.

Oh well. 360 is the much better streaming platform. Perhaps I'll get on that XBMC project soon.[/quote]
Strange. That should show you the file structure so you can find what you're looking for that doesn't show up just clicking through on it normally. Did you make sure you're looking in the photo section of the XMB for photos?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll put it this way:
360 is about leaving your computer on and streaming media from a computer.

PS3 is about having a massive HDD storing all your media (not really streaming).

Since I'm more of a PS3 person, I basically have all my music and videos on my PS3 HDD, and greatly prefer that method (not a fan of streaming).

Neither way is really better than the other IMO, just preference.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. But since I have no leads on cheap 2.5" drives, and the PS3 doesn't like any of them anyways, I suppose the XMBC route will be the one I take.

I finally got the drive to work, but even though I double-checked everything, the files will not play.

Has it been confirmed that the upcoming 80 gig Metal Gear PS3 will be backwords compatible or is it just expected since the other 80 gig was?

[quote name='ns27']Quick question, I got a 40 gig and have Devil May Cry 4 and Heavenly Sword game data installed with about 4834 mb and 2048 mb, respectively, along with the Iron Man demo. I checked the system information and it says 22/37 gigs of free space left. Does the PS3 use some of the hard drive for its own purposes? Because two games and a demo shouldn't take up 15 gigs of space, right?[/QUOTE]

It probably says somewhere earlier in this thread, but yeah, I think some of it is used by the system. I remember the 20GB version not having much more free space on it than the X-Box 360 does.

[quote name='lunchboxfett']Has it been confirmed that the upcoming 80 gig Metal Gear PS3 will be backwords compatible or is it just expected since the other 80 gig was?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has, we're just assuming/hoping. I'm not getting one if it doesn't though, at least not until/unless I actually need one.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
I don't think it has, we're just assuming/hoping. I'm not getting one if it doesn't though, at least not until/unless I actually need one.[/QUOTE]SCEA said themselves within the PS Blog it does.

Read comment 4:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...le-kratos-psp-and-dualshock3-release-date-by/

PS2 BC is one of those things you think you want, but it's one of those things you'll barely use if you have a nice HDTV (because the upscaling just isn't all that great overall and it's kind of a pain playing PS2 games on PS3 IMO, having to re-connect the controller, re-sign on PSN after the game and so on). For those who don't own a PS2, I could see it being important.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']SCEA said themselves within the PS Blog it does.

Read comment 4:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...le-kratos-psp-and-dualshock3-release-date-by/

PS2 BC is one of those things you think you want, but it's one of those things you'll barely use if you have a nice HDTV (because the upscaling just isn't all that great overall and it's kind of a pain playing PS2 games on PS3 IMO, having to re-connect the controller, re-sign on PSN after the game and so on). For those who don't own a PS2, I could see it being important.[/QUOTE]

That's cool it has it. It is something that's extremely important to me even if don't use it all that much as this generation moves on.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did not see it recently.

I am in the market for a PS3, but thought I would wait for the MGS4 bundle (not the limited edition 40 gb, but the 80gb with the dualshock and regular edition MGS4). Originally, I thought it would be released in May, but here I am, at the end of May, and I still can't preorder the bundle on Amazon. What the fuck is going on here?

Can someone point me to an official word as to when the 80 gb MGS4 bundle will be released? Is it expected to be in limited quantities so that there will be trouble finding it (a la Wii)??

^^^^june 12th...pre-orders have started at circuit city and fry's so far that I know of........just search the other forums and you'll see on going posts updating this topic

Anyone using the PS3/PSP Remote Play feature? Which firmware version does the PSP need?

I've had my PSP work with it before, but I guess at some point over the many PS3 firmware updates, my PSP doesn't want to connect anymore. It says I need a newer PSP firmware, which I don't want to do until I get to making a Pandora battery (someday).
If anyone could tell me the lowest-firmware PSP that works, that would be great.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']SCEA said themselves within the PS Blog it does.

Read comment 4:

PS2 BC is one of those things you think you want, but it's one of those things you'll barely use if you have a nice HDTV (because the upscaling just isn't all that great overall and it's kind of a pain playing PS2 games on PS3 IMO, having to re-connect the controller, re-sign on PSN after the game and so on). For those who don't own a PS2, I could see it being important.[/quote]

I find BC to actually be quite awesome because on an HDTV the upscaling, smoothing and progressive scan make a huge difference to my eyes (especially compared to how the Wii displays everything as it originally was which looks awful to me). Plus, nearly endless memory card space is good, too.

Indeed. But since I have no leads on cheap 2.5" drives, and the PS3 doesn't like any of them anyways, I suppose the XMBC route will be the one I take.

A lot of cheaper 2.5" external drives are SATA, I cracked one open and put it in my PS3, works fine. XBMC is good, but is going to be useless sometime sooner than I like, because it has a hard time decoding the h.264 codec, it just doesn't have the power. Try converting a short clip using one of those PS3 video converters, that way you'll know if its you're doing something wrong or if the video format is simply not compatible.

Quick question, I got a 40 gig and have Devil May Cry 4 and Heavenly Sword game data installed with about 4834 mb and 2048 mb, respectively, along with the Iron Man demo. I checked the system information and it says 22/37 gigs of free space left. Does the PS3 use some of the hard drive for its own purposes? Because two games and a demo shouldn't take up 15 gigs of space, right?
Yes, the PS3 does. Additionally, some games will install a temporary cache without notifying you (Oblivion installs 4-5GB on the fly as you play).

I need big time help here

I purchased a 40GB model
and am trying to upgrade the Hard Drive.

I purchased a 2.5" SATA 250GB drive.

backed up the data from my ps3 to an external drive, then removed the stock drive and replaced it with the 250GB one.

When I boot up my ps3, I dont get an option to format the new drive.
instead I receive a message to
plug in a controller via USB cable then press the PS
button

after I do that, I get this screen saying

system software cannot be run correctly.
press the PS button to restart the system

insert storage media thast contains update data version 2.35 or later and press STAR and SELECT buttons at the same time

pressing the PS button gets the same results.

pressing START-SELECT gets a screen CHECKING

and then

no applicable data was found
insert storage media that contains update data version 2.35 or later and press STAR and SELECT buttons at the same time

ive downloaded the update to an external drive and a flas memory card.
put the update in the folder as such
PS3>UPDATE>(file)

the ps3 still cannot locate the update.

ANY help would be greatly appriciated.
Hell, ill give someone a free game if the can help
me get my drive up and running

[quote name='Khondor']
ANY help would be greatly appriciated.
Hell, ill give someone a free game if the can help
me get my drive up and running
[/quote]

Did you name the PS3 and UPDATE folders in all capital letters? Also, your USB stick MUST be FAT32. If you have not formatted your USB stick, most come as FAT16. If you need help with this, let me know.

You can also try doing the update with the 40GB drive in first. What system software version are you running now?

Free game huh? Do I pick from your CML? =]

[quote name='espy605']Did you name the PS3 and UPDATE folders in all capital letters? Also, your USB stick MUST be FAT32. If you have not formatted your USB stick, most come as FAT16. If you need help with this, let me know.

You can also try doing the update with the 40GB drive in first. What system software version are you running now?

Free game huh? Do I pick from your CML? =][/quote]

youve got PM

I'm thinking of buying a PS3 and with the problems 360 is having I want to get an extended warranty on it. Does Sony offer any type of extended warranty directly like Microsoft does with the 360, or do you have to go with whatever type of extended warranty the store where you purchase the PS3 offers?

[quote name='xbox_mole']I'm thinking of buying a PS3 and with the problems 360 is having I want to get an extended warranty on it. Does Sony offer any type of extended warranty directly like Microsoft does with the 360, or do you have to go with whatever type of extended warranty the store where you purchase the PS3 offers?[/QUOTE]Go with what the store has. PS3 problems are no where near as bad.

I just had a general question.

Has anyone hooked up their PS3 via HDMI to their A/V receiver directly? My current set-up is HDMI to the TV and optical to the receiver but apparently the PS3 can't output bitstream to the receiver any of the lossless codecs. So, either I buy a receiver that can decode the codecs natively (hooking the ps3 via HDMI) or I buy a blu-ray player that can do it directly.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I just had a general question.

Has anyone hooked up their PS3 via HDMI to their A/V receiver directly? My current set-up is HDMI to the TV and optical to the receiver but apparently the PS3 can't output bitstream to the receiver any of the lossless codecs. So, either I buy a receiver that can decode the codecs natively (hooking the ps3 via HDMI) or I buy a blu-ray player that can do it directly.[/quote]
I think I understand what you are trying to say: HDMI is the only way to get the lossless codecs. If you want lossless you need a receiver that can decode them. An optical cable isn't going to cut it.

Yeah... I'm pretty torn on whether or not I want to spend how much it'll cost me to get a 7.1 HDMI receiver.

I don't think lossless audio is worth it, hell I'm using like a 5 year old receiver right now and I think it sounds good besides lack of connections and I just found out it has no Dolby ProLogic II (I've been missing out for my Wii/PS2/Xbox audio!) . I'm thinking of just getting a 7.1 receiver that is not HDMI as then it can still matrix the 5.1 audio to 7.1 which is supposed to sound pretty good.

I do intend on using the PS3 as my Blu-ray player... but I don't think I'm going to buy them all that often until they are around the same price as DVDs. I might think differently when I see how it looks compared to DVD though.

I have a question which I'm not sure whether it belong to this thread, but I would appreciate any help. I'm debating between buying a 40GB PS3 + PS2 and buying a 80GB PS3. The key is I want to play a lot of PS2 games. Do the PS2 games have much better graphics when they are run in a PS3? If they are almost the same, I think I would go with a 40GB+PS2 combo to make sure I could play all the PS2 games I want to play. Thanks.

[quote name='allen9917']I have a question which I'm not sure whether it belong to this thread, but I would appreciate any help. I'm debating between buying a 40GB PS3 + PS2 and buying a 80GB PS3. The key is I want to play a lot of PS2 games. Do the PS2 games have much better graphics when they are run in a PS3? If they are almost the same, I think I would go with a 40GB+PS2 combo to make sure I could play all the PS2 games I want to play. Thanks.[/QUOTE]IMO, not really. Upscaling varies (some games may look better, some may look worse). I still recommend 40GB + PS2 because there's a 100% guarantee you'll play all games you want (unless you badly want an all in-one system) and don't have to worry about a firmware update maybe messing something up. The only thing that sucks about having a PS2 is using traditional memory cards again.

Does anybody know which page of this thread (if any) has in-depth coverage of Linux on here? Searching takes me to this thread...but wading through 36 pages will not be fun.

I don't remember there being any real in-depth coverage of it. You'd probably be better off just Googling for it as probably someone's done coverage on it.

All I know is there's an option in the system menus for setting up the hard drive for it (and really, how cool is that?) I love that they've done that, though personally I don't have much use for it as for as much as the PS3 costs you can buy a good basic computer to play around with Linux (or just run Vista on...or heck, even OS X almost for the price).

I have a question about the noise of the PS3. It has been pretty quiet for the most part but sometimes lately it gets loud and I can actually hear the system. If I'm playing GTA4 or something I can hear the system. It gets kind of loud. Is this normal?

[quote name='Blackout542']I have a question about the noise of the PS3. It has been pretty quiet for the most part but sometimes lately it gets loud and I can actually hear the system. If I'm playing GTA4 or something I can hear the system. It gets kind of loud. Is this normal?[/quote]

I believe this is normal. My 80gb is quiet until it has been on for awhile (GTA can do this haha) and then more fans will turn on, that's why it gets louder. Also can occur when watching movies and stuff that I've noticed.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I believe this is normal. My 80gb is quiet until it has been on for awhile (GTA can do this haha) and then more fans will turn on, that's why it gets louder. Also can occur when watching movies and stuff that I've noticed.[/quote]

Ok. I hope so. I don't want my PS3 to crap out on me, lol.

[quote name='Blackout542']I have a question about the noise of the PS3. It has been pretty quiet for the most part but sometimes lately it gets loud and I can actually hear the system. If I'm playing GTA4 or something I can hear the system. It gets kind of loud. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznguyen316']I believe this is normal. My 80gb is quiet until it has been on for awhile (GTA can do this haha) and then more fans will turn on, that's why it gets louder. Also can occur when watching movies and stuff that I've noticed.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, how loud are we talking? By 360 standards, the above ^ is pretty funny. I mean I have to crank up my TV's volume quite a bit to hear anything over the 360 as it grinds away :lol: (and I have a "quiet" Falcon/Ben Q model...which is better than my older ones!)

I don't really mind like the PS2/PSP/Wii level of loudness where you can hear them but it's not bad...but the 360 is waaaay over that line.

I've noticed my PS3 fans making more noise lately, too. It happens after it's been running for a little while. I think I started noticing it because of GTA4, since there are often stretches without any noise besides ambient street sounds. With the car radio on, or in a game with music or loud sound effects (like Warhawk or CoD4), I can't hear the fans unless I listen for them.

And it's nowhere near 360 loud. If your PS3 starts sounding like a 360, I'd be worried. (As a side note: I have a BenQ 360 as well, and I can't even imagine what the other drives sound like if they're even louder.)

Ok I just got a PS3 yesterday and am having Audio issues.

I have an Onkyo TX-SR304 Receiver. I am using a Optical Audio Cable to hook my PS3 to my Onkyo. For some reason it will not produce Dolby Digital Sound like my Xbox 360 will. It only outputs as DTS Neo 6. I'd rather have Dolby Digital. How can I do this?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Just out of curiosity, how loud are we talking? By 360 standards, the above ^ is pretty funny. I mean I have to crank up my TV's volume quite a bit to hear anything over the 360 as it grinds away :lol: (and I have a "quiet" Falcon/Ben Q model...which is better than my older ones!)

I don't really mind like the PS2/PSP/Wii level of loudness where you can hear them but it's not bad...but the 360 is waaaay over that line.[/quote]

It's not 360 loud for me. I can hear my friend's 360 at the foot of his stairs. It sounds like a jet engine. For my PS3, it's not too loud, but loud enough for me to notice. It only seems to happen when I'm playing GTA 4 or when my PS3 is hotter than hell.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I don't remember there being any real in-depth coverage of it. You'd probably be better off just Googling for it as probably someone's done coverage on it.[/quote]

Yeah, post checking on here wasn't really working either.

I saw some guides. Looked pretty painless. I'm actually formatting my drive as I type (though it says another 4 hours...yeesh.)

Gonna throw YDL 6.0 on there when it's ready to go.

Hey guys,

I'm no newbie (my PS3 will be 1 year old in July). But I have a problem.
I was successfully dling songs from SingStar (FINALLY) last night. There was a MASSIVE thunderstorm. When Lightning struck, my tv remained on as did my 360 (I was playing DMC4 at the same time). I could still hear my PS3, but the video disappeared. I tried a bazillion times (more like 5) to restart the PS3, but I still have no video.

I am connected via HDMI, and plugged/unplugged the cable in the back of my console a bunch of times to ensure that it was plugged it. It's plugged in everywhere else too (the receiver, just like its always been).
Is my HDMI cable fried or something?

Thanks for the help,
Azu

[quote name='Azumangaman']Hey guys,

I'm no newbie (my PS3 will be 1 year old in July). But I have a problem.
I was successfully dling songs from SingStar (FINALLY) last night. There was a MASSIVE thunderstorm. When Lightning struck, my tv remained on as did my 360 (I was playing DMC4 at the same time). I could still hear my PS3, but the video disappeared. I tried a bazillion times (more like 5) to restart the PS3, but I still have no video.

I am connected via HDMI, and plugged/unplugged the cable in the back of my console a bunch of times to ensure that it was plugged it. It's plugged in everywhere else too (the receiver, just like its always been).
Is my HDMI cable fried or something?

Thanks for the help,
Azu[/QUOTE]I'll tell you what to try (in case resolution messed up). Turn on your PS3 by putting your finger on the power button, you'll hear the beep to turn it on. Keep your finger on the power button for around 5 seconds, and the PS3 should beep again. See if you have a picture again (sometimes the resolution settings mess up and that's how you reset it).

If there's another problem, test the composite cables (which came with the PS3, or component ones which would work), do the same process I explained above, and see if you see a picture.

If the A/V output is working, try the HDMI again. If the HDMI isn't working, either the HDMI port on your HDMI receiver or PS3 messed up, or it may be the cable itself.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll tell you what to try (in case resolution messed up). Turn on your PS3 by putting your finger on the power button, you'll hear the beep to turn it on. Keep your finger on the power button for around 5 seconds, and the PS3 should beep again. See if you have a picture again (sometimes the resolution settings mess up and that's how you reset it).
.[/quote]
It's funny. I just tried this and I got no video AND no sound. If I turn it on with just a touch I can still hear everything... Strange.
I'll have to try the cable thing later.

[quote name='allen9917']I have a question which I'm not sure whether it belong to this thread, but I would appreciate any help. I'm debating between buying a 40GB PS3 + PS2 and buying a 80GB PS3. The key is I want to play a lot of PS2 games. Do the PS2 games have much better graphics when they are run in a PS3? If they are almost the same, I think I would go with a 40GB+PS2 combo to make sure I could play all the PS2 games I want to play. Thanks.[/quote]If you really only want one system, a 60 GB is right up your alley and there are still a few out there. Try stores that don't get much traffic, people don't think of buying consoles at or/and are disorganized and may leave stuff in the back with no indication that they sell it. A perfect example is Gamerush and maybe Blockbuster if the location sells alot of games. I found two at a Gamerush by my house in February so I bought one and the other one was still there a few weeks ago. There was one at a KMart nearby a month ago, too. You might be surprised if you do a little looking around.

Otherwise, I agree with TMK. There is a game compatability tool on Sony's PS3 page which you can use to check if any games you are interested in have issues. Even the 80G's compatability is MUCH better than the 360's BC so a lot of stuff works fine. I might have to recommend the 40GB/PS2 route though. Like TMK says it guarantees you can play all games, if you're interested in importing PS2 games, you can only do it on a PS2 (with a Swap Magic disc or similar item), and if you have an HDTV several games look terrible because the upscaling doesn't help them much and being displayed on a bigger set amplifies problems. The jagginess of the foliage in SOCOM 1, 3 and Combined Assault are very distracting and make sneaking around a pain in the eyes. Shadow of the Colossus is ok, Soul Calibur 3 looked the same through composites on my PS2 and HDMI on my PS3, GT4 and Tourist Trophy are actually 1080i and they look amazing so a lot of it depends on the game in question. After I find my swap magic disc and check out my PAL rally games thru component cables I'll probably move the ps2 back to a sdtv for games that look horrid on the plasma and only move it to the hdtv for playing those pal games so I can see the whole screen. Al l that said, not having to search for saves on seven physical memory cards is really nice.

[quote name='jdawgg76']If you really only want one system, a 60 GB is right up your alley and there are still a few out there. Try stores that don't get much traffic, people don't think of buying consoles at or/and are disorganized and may leave stuff in the back with no indication that they sell it. A perfect example is Gamerush and maybe Blockbuster if the location sells alot of games. I found two at a Gamerush by my house in February so I bought one and the other one was still there a few weeks ago. There was one at a KMart nearby a month ago, too. You might be surprised if you do a little looking around.

Otherwise, I agree with TMK. There is a game compatability tool on Sony's PS3 page which you can use to check if any games you are interested in have issues. Even the 80G's compatability is MUCH better than the 360's BC so a lot of stuff works fine. I might have to recommend the 40GB/PS2 route though. Like TMK says it guarantees you can play all games, if you're interested in importing PS2 games, you can only do it on a PS2 (with a Swap Magic disc or similar item), and if you have an HDTV several games look terrible because the upscaling doesn't help them much and being displayed on a bigger set amplifies problems. The jagginess of the foliage in SOCOM 1, 3 and Combined Assault are very distracting and make sneaking around a pain in the eyes. Shadow of the Colossus is ok, Soul Calibur 3 looked the same through composites on my PS2 and HDMI on my PS3, GT4 and Tourist Trophy are actually 1080i and they look amazing so a lot of it depends on the game in question. After I find my swap magic disc and check out my PAL rally games thru component cables I'll probably move the ps2 back to a sdtv for games that look horrid on the plasma and only move it to the hdtv for playing those pal games so I can see the whole screen. Al l that said, not having to search for saves on seven physical memory cards is really nice.[/QUOTE]The only reason I advise against getting a 60GB is you can only buy used, and unless you have a receipt to prove they are less than a year old, you gotta pay to fix it if it has a problem (although PS3 failure rates are on the lower side, the one with the highest percentage of failure so far has been the 60GB, mostly due to being the PS3 having the most overall components).

The only thing I hate about using a PS2 is memory cards, but the better thing like I said was, dealing with games that support accessories is much easier (and will have no lag, unless it's USB).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The only reason I advise against getting a 60GB is you can only buy used, and unless you have a receipt to prove they are less than a year old, you gotta pay to fix it if it has a problem (although PS3 failure rates are on the lower side, the one with the highest percentage of failure so far has been the 60GB, mostly due to being the PS3 having the most overall components).

The only thing I hate about using a PS2 is memory cards, but the better thing like I said was, dealing with games that support accessories is much easier (and will have no lag, unless it's USB).[/quote]That's a good point I didn't think to stress since I was just suggesting looking for new ones at Gamerush, KMart, and the like (Sears might be another good one), but I agree. No way I'd buy a used one cause even if you have the receipt there may only be a month or two left on the warranty. That and people do dumb things with electronics sometimes. I hated having so many memory cards and having to search for saves especially when some games took up so much room so virtual memory cards are great although just using the HD like the 360 does would be even better, but I understand the bc limitations.

I'm not familiar with the accessories aspect? What's the benefit/downside again? Do you mean it's easier to play games with accessories on the PS2? I guess most weren't USB and so won't work on PS3. Also, what USB lag? Thanks.

[quote name='lmz00']http://video-games.search.ebay.com/...QpfidZ1412QQpfmodeZ2QQreqtypeZ1QQsacatZQ2d100[/quote]I saw a few new 60 GBs on there that are already 70 over retail and one guy with a BIN of 950! If they actually sold for that much I'd go back to that GR! It'd be available to CAGs for a reasonable price first of course;).

Is anyone like me - wants to buy a PS3 but also has a big backlog of excellent PS2 games to play. I know when I bite into that PS3 apple that I'll never finish GTA San Andreas or Xenosaga III :lol:

Okay,
So I put in Component cables and I can see clearly now the rain has gone.
Component 1080i is pretty much the same as HDMI 1080i.
I don't think the HDMI is working though.
If the HDMI is busted, what do I do?

EDIT: I'd put good money on the fact that the HDMI port is busted.

bread's done
Back