PS3 3D Display Bundle (Display, Glasses, MLB 12 The show - 299.99 Bestbuy Newegg

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys both bestbuy and newegg have this offer it's similar to the old offer but also includes MLB 12 The show. Price is 299.99. Obviously for most if you go with newegg you get no tax and free shipping, but some may have best buy credit and may want to use that towards their purchase. And if you've recently purchased from best buy you prob could go back and get the new package with the mlb game if you wanted. Best buys picture also shows motor storm apocalypse, while newegg does not, unless that game comes standard in the package, which I'm unsure about, so maybe someone can let us know.

Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo..._-na&AID=10440897&PID=2026489&SID=2vD3Dez7pD1

Bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PS3+3D+...cmprd175900050006&ref=39&CJPID=2026489&loc=01

[quote name='NEP']I just bought one today, it's already acting fussy on me. I should have looked into it more. I'm returning it tomorrow for my money back. When the customer service rep asks me why I'm returning it I should just say "Oh, I don't know.. 95% failure rate". [/QUOTE]

Just curious, what problems are you having?

[quote name='scottman']Just curious, what problems are you having?[/QUOTE]

The blank screen issue that plagues people.

PSVita? 3DS? Wii U? PS3 tiny tv with only 1 pair of glasses and a game 11 months from being $7?

i'm buying three of those. guess which one i'm not.

[quote name='Drclaw411']PSVita? 3DS? Wii U? PS3 tiny tv with only 1 pair of glasses and a game 11 months from being $7?

i'm buying three of those. guess which one i'm not.[/QUOTE]

Wii U

I just thought about something. Borderlands 2 is going to have split screen online play.. I wonder if it might support the simul view stuff on this display. That would be very compelling, to me anyways. Especially with two free games at this price.

[quote name='spicoli420']I purchased this display from bestbuy when they had the first price drop and ended up returning the unit after 1 month of use. It would randomly black screen for a few seconds at a time while watching movies. It never did it while gaming but I still couldn't chance it. I instead went with a toshiba 32tl5155u http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/electronics-detail.to?poid=517421 that I found for $300 refurbished. I highly recommend this tv....couldn't be happier[/QUOTE]

Wha!:whistle2:o

Where did you find that for $300 refurbed?! It could tide me over till I get a 3D projector.

[quote name='def PD']This is the only reason why I haven't already pulled the trigger on this deal.

People generally seem to give it a lot of praise, despite its "small" 24" screen size, but once it does (usually due to power failure I believe) after a month it sours a lot of people's experience with it. I would be pissed as hell.[/QUOTE]

I bought one in December and use it almost daily. I have watched movies, played the ps3 and 360 w/o any issues.

dont mean to dp, but i asked if there was any way to maximize the bestbuy discount on this, i bought it as is for 299 but then i saw RZ points (which i dont have) and coupons and discounts....can anyone help with my cheapin down any more?

[quote name='tukai']I bought one in December and use it almost daily. I have watched movies, played the ps3 and 360 w/o any issues.[/QUOTE]

I wish mine dident have any issue because though its rather small screen, but a nice start up 3D display. I heard more horror stories of this display then good things, trust me the blinking black screen is annoying as shit, especially when your lining up a kill in Battlefield or Call of Duty and your screen goes black for 2-3 seconds, picture comes back and bam your dead.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']
Wii U
[/QUOTE]

Lol, glad I wasn't the only one who immediately had that response as well.

I'd buy this if it weren't for all the bad reviews it's getting. Sony keeps pretending they stand for quality yet release poor products Xo

[quote name='Drclaw411']tiny tv with only 1 pair of glasses and a game 11 months from being $7?
[/QUOTE]

24" TV is not tiny if you are the correct distance away from it. Bundle has two glasses and that game(MLB 12) is worth $60 right now, you can easily sell it online and get $45 after online retailer fees.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']24" TV is not tiny if you are the correct distance away from it. Bundle has two glasses and that game(MLB 12) is worth $60 right now, you can easily sell it online and get $45 after online retailer fees.[/QUOTE]

A Dreamcast memory card screen isn't tiny if you're the correct distance away from it either. This TV is not large.

Back in stock at bestbuy, but damn the high failure rate is making it hard to buy it. On paper this is an awesome deal, I wonder if Sony had solved the problem.

Well i dont know if they solved it or not but i ordered and am going to pick up tonight!I am going to see if i can get an extended warrranty cause they didnt offer when i got it online...?A friend has had this for a couple of months and his is great looking ..nknock on wood no problems yet!!

I returned my tv today, they gave me a little trouble at first because of their no software return policy but when I told them it was part of the bundle and I didn't have a choice in getting it they took it back.

Well i went and picked mine up last night,so far so good.I have my computer hooked up through hdmi and the 360 through component.Got to say the picture is beautiful but i cant get the refresh rate to go past 60hz for ny computer.I have not tried the 3d effect with the 360 yet as i only play blacks ops online.Will try it tonight and report back

So is this still active? Checked bb.com and it was up for the $399 price. I bought this within 45 days and I'm a silver member so I'm hoping I can go and get mlb added for free. Anyone have success with this?

I clicked the bestbuy link and it didn't work. But if I bring my receipt I'm hoping its still active in store and they'll just give me the game for free (probably too optimistic but we'll see).

Anyone been successful with a wall mount? I asked another website, and someone mentioned something about they do have but it's with an irregular vesa size.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I clicked the bestbuy link and it didn't work. But if I bring my receipt I'm hoping its still active in store and they'll just give me the game for free (probably too optimistic but we'll see).[/QUOTE]

So I decided to stop wondering and called the silver reward zone number. The lady on the phone informed me I can go to the store and get a copy of mlb the show

I had one totally unreasonably crap out on me after a couple days, exchanged for another and I've had absolutely no problems 3 months out. I bought the 2 year plan just in case.

If you're going to buy it, get one of the 2/4 year plans at Best Buy so you can return as many of these monitors as you have to before you get one that isn't crap?

[quote name='ger2396']Back in stock at bestbuy, but damn the high failure rate is making it hard to buy it. On paper this is an awesome deal, I wonder if Sony had solved the problem.[/QUOTE]

Remember... the internet tends to make problems where problems do not exist.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Remember... the internet tends to make problems where problems do not exist.[/QUOTE]

Or reveal problems that exist that manufacturers and retailers won't admit are occuring. Even leaving aside the usual Internet exaggeration of things, don't you find it strange that not a small number of CAGs are posting that they have had problems with the monitor?

[quote name='InvaderZim']Remember... the internet tends to make problems where problems do not exist.[/QUOTE]

I don't think people are exagerating. I only had the tv for a day before I returned it. I loved it. The picture was 20 times better than my 32 inch LG I paid 500 for less than a year ago. Im sure everyone who owned it enjoyed it as much as I did and wouldn't make this stuff up. Seriously amazing tv for the price, just flawed manufacturing.

I went to Best Buy today after work (Leominster, MA) and brought in my receipt from buying the Monitor like 35 days ago. I didnt even realize there was the promo for the additional glasses as well so that was a great surprise. My CS rep did a return/rebuy and I was out of the store within 10 minutes with my free game and glasses.

On a side note the guy who checks your items made the comment to me "man you play more video games than anyone I've ever seen." I didnt know how to take the comment really but my response was "yeah I wish I got to play them all" and I figured thats what 95% of the CAG's on here feel cause they know they'll never defeat their backlogs

[quote name='redroversk']If you're going to buy it, get one of the 2/4 year plans at Best Buy so you can return as many of these monitors as you have to before you get one that isn't crap?[/QUOTE]

I really doubt most stores will have any left to exchange, but if it gives you a full refund instead, that might be OK if it's really cheap. But I think most problems are popping up before the year mark (it hasn't been out that long).

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I went to Best Buy today after work (Leominster, MA) and brought in my receipt from buying the Monitor like 35 days ago. I didnt even realize there was the promo for the additional glasses as well so that was a great surprise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to reply to your earlier post about the game only with "don't forget the glasses," but glad to see you already got them.

Thanks everyone for the candid opinions on this display. I had ordered one via store pickup thinking this would be a perfect for my desk, but have since decided to cancel my order. Seems hit and miss on whether it works well or not, and I don't like to mess around with exchanges and warranties.

I agree that the internet does tend to exagerate when it comes to problems, but very rarely does it seem like so many people complain about a product just flat out not working after such little use. I am used to sifting through complaints of dead pixels here and there - or uneven backlighting/clouding. I would even be fine with the glare. But for so many people to complain about the unit just flat out not working after a few weeks or months of usage was enough to scare me off the purchase. So thanks to everyone who shared their experience - both positive and negative.

Just got mine, pretty nice TV. I like that it has component also so I can hook my original Xbox up.

[quote name='lllGurulll']My number is still 199. I have no interest in either of these games.[/QUOTE]

Buy it and sell the extras, it will be about $200 then. I'm getting $45 for the MLB game and could probably get $25 for Motorstorm and $35 for the extra pair of 3D glasses.

I really want an excuse to buy this. And I really want The Show. However, I don't have anybody local to play this game with so I wouldn't get much use out of the two glasses. I guess I'm waiting for a more family friendly multiplayer game to take advantage of the simulview...or wait for a price cut to the tune of $199.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Want to buy, but what problems are people having with the display? Rather avoid it if they have lots of problems.[/QUOTE]

everything from dust inside the screen to to the tv not working at all in less than a year, if you want safe your money on buy a product that actually works :wall:

[quote name='ssr']I really want an excuse to buy this. And I really want The Show. However, I don't have anybody local to play this game with so I wouldn't get much use out of the two glasses. I guess I'm waiting for a more family friendly multiplayer game to take advantage of the simulview...or wait for a price cut to the tune of $199.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, keep waiting this will only keep going down and down :nottalking:

[quote name='Nintendonly']Repost-[/QUOTE]

There's a big quality difference between what monitors of this type can produce (not saying I'm a fan of this particular monitor given its quality issues) using active glasses and just using passive glasses which is what this guy is demoing. Simulview is certainly not a new technology or unique to Sony, but it is a pretty neat feature despite the fact that it's not supported in every game and isn't perfect by any means.

I like use it as like a TV.. but it has no ATSC tuner. Then, it just a monitor with this fancy simulview capability.

[quote name='etcrane']Lol, glad I wasn't the only one who immediately had that response as well.[/QUOTE]
Nah, the Wii U's gonna be awesome silly.

I know that BestBuy has a 90 day warranty, but does the display have Sony's 1 year international warranty? I've been searching online and can't find a thing. Anyone who own it have an answer within all the paperwork the display came with?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']does the display have Sony's 1 year international warranty? I've been searching online and can't find a thing. Anyone who own it have an answer within all the paperwork the display came with?[/QUOTE]

would love to know this as well :) bought one from new egg for 230$ then I noticed no returns at all on this unit. After reading peoples comments on here I am worried lol

saw this bundle for the same price at my local gamestop. worth checking out or giving them a call if you've got some gamestop credit to burn.

I bought mine from best buy when they had the first 299.99 price drop. I have had zero problems with mine and I use it everyday. I also purchased the extended warranty just in case because reading the forums had me worried. It's a great display IMO!

bread's done
Back