PS3 3D Display Bundle (Display, Glasses, MLB 12 The show - 299.99 Bestbuy Newegg

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys both bestbuy and newegg have this offer it's similar to the old offer but also includes MLB 12 The show. Price is 299.99. Obviously for most if you go with newegg you get no tax and free shipping, but some may have best buy credit and may want to use that towards their purchase. And if you've recently purchased from best buy you prob could go back and get the new package with the mlb game if you wanted. Best buys picture also shows motor storm apocalypse, while newegg does not, unless that game comes standard in the package, which I'm unsure about, so maybe someone can let us know.

Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo..._-na&AID=10440897&PID=2026489&SID=2vD3Dez7pD1

Bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PS3+3D+...cmprd175900050006&ref=39&CJPID=2026489&loc=01

[quote name='starmask2k3']Is this a deal price or the reg price[/QUOTE]

Can soneone help me with this question

[quote name='starmask2k3']Can soneone help me with this question[/QUOTE]

Official is a deal price but i already seen this hit this price in 4 different weeks so expect to see it the same for awhile

[quote name='Ricanlegend']Official is a deal price but i already seen this hit this price in 4 different weeks so expect to see it the same for awhile[/QUOTE]

But this is the first time it came bundled with another $60 game and extra pair of glasses, so that part at least is a deal, for now.

I bought this display 3-4 months ago for $299 from BBY and I was having the "black screen" issue as some of you have mentioned. Luckily, I got the 2 year warranty for $29.99 extra. So, I went in to exchange it for a new one today and I mentioned the free MLB 12 and extra glasses and they let me have them, which surprised me. Hopefully this display wont have the same problem, anyone considering buying one get the warranty.

[quote name='atc250es']I bought this display 3-4 months ago for $299 from BBY and I was having the "black screen" issue as some of you have mentioned. Luckily, I got the 2 year warranty for $29.99 extra. So, I went in to exchange it for a new one today and I mentioned the free MLB 12 and extra glasses and they let me have them, which surprised me. Hopefully this display wont have the same problem, anyone considering buying one get the warranty.[/QUOTE]

Ehhhh, I'd rather just save my money for another 3D tv, than waste it on one that might work. I'm gonna pass on this deal.

I jumped on this deal a day before it came out, Fry electronics had the Sony display for 299$ I called up best buy and asked to see if they price match, went in on a thurs night picked it up $299 seen the display bundle on fri afternoon called up best buy and got the MLB 2012 and the extra pair of glasses for FREE.....then I went to WALMART and I told them I wanted to trade my MLB game in for another game guy said no problem get any game I want picked up MASS EFFECT 3 FOR FREE.......

[quote name='killer65malibu']then I went to WALMART and I told them I wanted to trade my MLB game in for another game guy said no problem get any game I want picked up MASS EFFECT 3 FOR FREE.......[/QUOTE]

huh what? how does this work?

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Can I go back and get warranty still from bb if I picked it up on Friday?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Best Buy gives you a few weeks after purchase to go back with the receipt and tack on a warranty plan.

[quote name='thetruth1983']It's called return fraud.[/QUOTE]

It's not return fraud if Walmart's policy is to allow 3 non-receipt returns in a 6-month period (but it requires your ID). The downside is that you don't get the tax back so you have to pay the difference with that, and the supposed money you paid for it is always put on a gift card. Since that person made no mention of having to pay tax, he must live in a tax-free state.

Actual return fraud is putting a camera/video game console/TV/etc. whose serial number/model number/color/etc. doesn't match the box/receipt.

[quote name='Nintendonly']It's not return fraud if Walmart's policy is to allow 3 non-receipt returns in a 6-month period (but it requires your ID). The downside is that you don't get the tax back so you have to pay the difference with that, and the supposed money you paid for it is always put on a gift card. Since that person made no mention of having to pay tax, he must live in a tax-free state.

Actual return fraud is putting a camera/video game console/TV/etc. whose serial number/model number/color/etc. doesn't match the box/receipt.[/QUOTE]

Walmart or any other retailer buys games at a reduced rate. So if they buy a game from EA for $55, and sell it for $60, that $5 profit goes to paying the rent, employees, etc. Multiply that by thousands of items, and that is how you generate a profit.

If I give them a game for $60 and they go ahead and sell that game to another customer for $60, they are actually losing money because they make $0 profit and have to pay the rent, employees, etc.

How is that not fraud?

[quote name='Nintendonly']It's not return fraud if Walmart's policy is to allow 3 non-receipt returns in a 6-month period (but it requires your ID). The downside is that you don't get the tax back so you have to pay the difference with that, and the supposed money you paid for it is always put on a gift card. Since that person made no mention of having to pay tax, he must live in a tax-free state.

Actual return fraud is putting a camera/video game console/TV/etc. whose serial number/model number/color/etc. doesn't match the box/receipt.[/QUOTE]

Well its fraud since he admitted here that he got it from best buy and returned it to WalMart. I'm sure he told them he got it from WalMart and lost the receipt. Not saying I'm against it but it is what it is.

[quote name='atc250es']I bought this display 3-4 months ago for $299 from BBY and I was having the "black screen" issue as some of you have mentioned. Luckily, I got the 2 year warranty for $29.99 extra. So, I went in to exchange it for a new one today and I mentioned the free MLB 12 and extra glasses and they let me have them, which surprised me. Hopefully this display wont have the same problem, anyone considering buying one get the warranty.[/QUOTE]
Considering the issues, it's a VERY wise idea to get the warranty.

I've had this display for a few months and it hasn't given me any problems. I'm currently playing ME2 on it. It fits perfectly on my desk next to my imac.

Not correct. Walmart's policy is only to accept non-receipt returns of items purchased at Walmart. They don't and as far as I'm aware, no other retailer takes returns from other stores with or without receipt. it's fraud pure and simple.

You guys think Walmart is stupid? You bought this from which store? Our store? Who the heck bought one of these at full price? Nobody in a month. Oh you think you bought one. Let me check my records of 0 sales. Nope nobody. You want arrested?

Probably takes no effort for them to check the list of every single monitor sold in the state.

It's FRAUD. You deserve to go to jail for some time if you think returning an item you didn't purchase at the store is legal.

Mines is still in the box and the game and the glasses are a 100 bonus. I am kinda pissed. I even have the warranty but I just wouldn't feel right. I wish I could redo it.

[quote name='illidari']You guys think Walmart is stupid? You bought this from which store? Our store? Who the heck bought one of these at full price? Nobody in a month. Oh you think you bought one. Let me check my records of 0 sales. Nope nobody. You want arrested?

Probably takes no effort for them to check the list of every single monitor sold in the state.

It's FRAUD. You deserve to go to jail for some time if you think returning an item you didn't purchase at the store is legal.[/QUOTE]

He returned a game, not the display.

The bundle went back in stock for a bestbuy near me, picked it up today and saw they had at least 4 more displays left even though the bundle locator shows unavailable now, so I think some stores are removing the bundle from instore availability.

This will be my 3rd, returned the first 2 for dead pixels and screen bleed. Never had the blackout problem for the few days I used it. Couldn't resist at this price with the extra stuff this time. Hopefully it will be a good one and the crosstalk isn't as bad as it seemed.

Gamestop shows it instock for shipping again, but I think shipping is $10.

With all the talk about dead pixels, screen bleed, blackouts and other poor quality issues, I don't know if I'd take a chance on one of these displays even if it hits $199 (which is currently my target price).

I've had my PS3 3D display since December and have had no problems or issues what so ever, I only have my Xbox 360 and PS3 connected to it though. I did get an extended warranty from Best buy just for peace of mind.

So far, I'm liking my 3rd display. Oddly, no edge bleeding at all this time. There seems like there might be one stuck pixel in the same general area as my first display, but it is less noticeable and almost goes away off angle. The display seems less bright than my other 2, unless I am just not comparing it under the same conditions or it is all from the lack of edge bleed. I set it up in a bedroom this time, and the speakers sound really good. Will have to start doing more gaming from bed. Crosstalk in motorstorm was not so bad after letting it warmup. The psp zoom display feature will also be nice. I think this one's going to be a keeper.

Bestbuy only offered me a $49 for 2 yr warranty, how is everybody getting $29? I'll just rely on sony and my credit card's extended if something goes bad. Already cleared almost $50 after selling mlb, so I got the display bundle and an extra pair of $70 glasses for $250. Will rebuy mlb for $20 down the road if I decide I want it. Now knock on wood that it doesn't start blacking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like newegg pulled the page and the newegg link now says the bundle is no longer available (no longer autonotify), and gamestop also says unavailable. Wonder if this was a limited time bundle sony pushed on a few retailers to clear stock and now pulled. If there's still plenty of these monitors sitting in some warehouse somewhere, I would expect to see it again in a similar bundled price if not cheaper. Like Bestbuy and those move mayhem bundles. But most stores aren't showing stock near me anymore.

I just got back from Gamestop. They have the same deal available in store. I bought the last one at my store but they are available everywhere. Just call ahead and you will get one.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']I just got back from Gamestop. They have the same deal available in store. I bought the last one at my store but they are available everywhere. Just call ahead and you will get one.[/QUOTE]
How much is their warranty?

Wow, talk about restock. Every single bestbuy near me now shows this in stock for pickup, even the mobile stores, whereas only 2 out of 20 had it earlier. Is that a mistake, or did they just get a huge delivery of these?

edit: looks like every item on the website is showing in stock at every store. They're going to have to do a lot of cancellations.

pretty bogus situation for me -
originally got the bundle thru gamestop but they did not have the glasses. said i can go to another store and they can re ring everything up to get the deal. :roll:

so i check online and see that best buy has the same deal (so i'm thinking $$$ reward points!) so i do an online pick up at a local store... fast forward they can't find a mlb 12 the show game to complete the bundle. :applause:

so i have the order canceled.

i got back home and it seemed as if the bundle was not available for pick up at any other stores. then i see one, do another online pick up at a further store and so far everything is ready for pick up.

only reason why i'm trying so hard is because i already sold the mlb 12 and motorstorm game. so atleast it's getting closer to $250. and have the 2nd pair for sale so maybe i can get it down to $200. :cool:

If your Best Buy's are restocked, it's most likely because they have MLB 12 The Show in stock now. The only stores around me that have the bundle in stock, have MLB in stock. I tried to pick up a bundle on Sunday, but they couldn't find MLB. He rang up everything, and it's a package price.

[quote name='lukewin']If your Best Buy's are restocked, it's most likely because they have MLB 12 The Show in stock now. The only stores around me that have the bundle in stock, have MLB in stock. I tried to pick up a bundle on Sunday, but they couldn't find MLB. He rang up everything, and it's a package price.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Lukewin is right. I had one best buy in the area that had the bundle "In stock". I wanted to return my previous display purchase at 299 and then buy the new mlb "bundle" version. I went to one store with it NOT in stock to see if they would just return and rebuy by adding items to the reciept, but before I went to customer service I checked and they were sold out of "The Show". So I went on over to the other best buy that had it in stock. I didn't see it on the shelf and asked a sales woman if they had it. She said they did and that it was in the warehouse. I asked her if I could just get the additional items added to my original purchase, and she thought that because it was a bundle that they would have to return one and buy the other.

When she brought the display up to the customer service desk, I noticed that it did not include the MLB game. She went and double checked and said they did not have any of the displays with the game. I told her that the web site said they had it in stock. She looked up the sku in her system and still couldn't find it. She then looked up each individual sku and they all came up as in stock. Another employee walked by and told her to try to ring it up and see if it bundled out at checkout. Which it did. So they then did the return of the item I had bought, put the money on a gift card. Then they rang up my originally purchased monitor with the show and extra glasses. It totaled up to 299 and they used the gift card to pay. Somehow I ended up with $1.73 still on the card.

So in the end, it looks like the bundle is from purchasing the individual items together. It was my luck that no one at the store even knew this bundle existed and probably more luckily, MLB 12 wasn't sold out at this one store. Perhaps today they got a new shipment of games in (it is Tuesday after all) and the bundles should show back in stock. Of course, if it's not in stock, it could be because your store is out of the glasses as well.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']$40. Don't do it. Get a Square Trade Warranty for $29.99 good for 4 years. If interested. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

From where ???

If you have a Costco near you, go there and buy a $29.99 warranty. You can buy it there and activate on your purchase. No, you don't have to buy the monitor there to get a warranty.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']If you have a Costco near you, go there and buy a $29.99 warranty. You can buy it there and activate on your purchase. No, you don't have to buy the monitor there to get a warranty.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Costco does warranties for products purchased at other retailers? What?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Wait, Costco does warranties for products purchased at other retailers? What?[/QUOTE]
Still tyring to understand that one myself XD

[quote name='Nintendonly']Wait, Costco does warranties for products purchased at other retailers? What?[/QUOTE]

It's a squaretrade warranty I believe.

Yes, Costco does sell Square Trade Warranties. For TV's purchased within 30 days under $500 it is $29.99.
Go to the front desk by the registers and ask to buy the warranty for $29.99. Register online with the serial number and you are in. It is a great way to get more warranty at a fair price. Buy 1 online if you like too.

So far I can definitely vouch for this display. The 3D adds a lot of value to The Show given it's really high production values.

I've also connected my laptop to it via HDMI and I think the text is very readable and compares favorably to other high end displays like the apple ones I'd say.

Only thing I wish it had was a TV tuner so I could connect my rabbit ears to it.

[quote name='NINJA V']pretty bogus situation for me -
originally got the bundle thru gamestop but they did not have the glasses. said i can go to another store and they can re ring everything up to get the deal. :roll:

so i check online and see that best buy has the same deal (so i'm thinking $$$ reward points!) so i do an online pick up at a local store... fast forward they can't find a mlb 12 the show game to complete the bundle. :applause:

so i have the order canceled.

i got back home and it seemed as if the bundle was not available for pick up at any other stores. then i see one, do another online pick up at a further store and so far everything is ready for pick up.

only reason why i'm trying so hard is because i already sold the mlb 12 and motorstorm game. so atleast it's getting closer to $250. and have the 2nd pair for sale so maybe i can get it down to $200. :cool:[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:#You sold items you didn't yet have on hand? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, for those who can spend $400 up front and are patient enough to wait for a $200 rebate from them, FYE(assuming yours still sells games/gaming stuff) has this display on sale for $399.99 with a $200 rebate. So in the end it's $199.99 after MIR, but you don't get the extra MLB 12/glasses with their deal.

I thought mine was broken because the glasses would intermittently flash off and on in 3D while playing. Very annoying. Turns out it does that when your dualshock battery is getting low.

edit: not sure if this is true. It might have been coincidence, and just cut off at certain angles between the glasses and the screen or maybe it is defective.

edit again: I think I figured it out. There is an overhead ceiling light between me and the display. If I look up at a certain angle with the light on at a certain level, the glasses blip on and off. So it must be interference from the light making the glasses turn themselves off. When I turn out the light, it doesn't happen.

FYE has it cheaper, at the right price of $199, but only in their stores and not online, and it's a rebate price.

HOWEVER, double check your state's laws to see if rebates have to be activated immediately, like Rhode Island.

dont even bother gettin one for $100. mine just broke and i returned it, lasted one week. im real disappointed since it was my only bday gift.

bread's done
Back