PS3 80GB w/$100 Gift Card and Other Specials at Walmart - 11/8 Only - ONLINE NOW!

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strife01104']from what ive read, resistance is on par with gears of War 1 and maybe Halo....20 bucks isnt bad at all for a new copy. If you have a PS3 or know someone that does..good deal or buy is with the GC you get IF you buy the PS3[/quote]

thanks. i'll probably pick it up then. i've seen it 29.99 almost everywhere.

[quote name='doubledown']My brother is looking for a TV...I wonder what the quality of SANYO is though...seems iffy to me.[/quote]

The reviews I've found say that the picture is great but you do get what you pay for. It's not a TV with all the bells and whistles.

another $100 w/a PS3 purchase. Not bad, I remember the guy that got hounded on because he didn't have an ad. At least the ads' online this time :D

Wal-mart is going to be crazy packed though (like how it is everyday). Especially since it's limited don't expect the items to last very long.

thanks for the tips to get there early I hadn't even thought about it. I'll get there at 6-6:30am (it's saturday morning i'd just be sleeping anyways), if it was 25 or less i'd say screw it but 100 bucks is really nice

i'm really tempted to get a ps3 now. damn with resistance 1 at that price to and getting the 100 gc i could get resistance 2 as well and use the rest towards another game. god damn you walmart with this very tempting offer. but i'll prolly see what black friday gives me. prolly nothing better than this but i really don't want to get ahead of myself and get this and make the wrong decision.

can someone help me decide on that laptop? my mom has been looking to get one lately and all she practically does is simple web browsing. only real experience she has with is a desktop comp that is 2.8ghz p4 w/ 1gb of ram. how does that compaq celeron laptop compare to that? and does anyone know how returns go for that laptop? any restocking fee if we dont like it and decide to return it?

I wonder if I could talk my way into a MGS4 80gb bundle? Our Walmart still has several of them yet, but still at $499. Maybe they will atleast drop it to $399 now?

Kmart in there holiday entertainment guide had a $10 off coupon for Resistance. It's been $19.99 for a while with that coupon.

Not only that aside from the ps3 the deals aren't good enough for me to get up and be there and deal with the people.

It just isn't that eye popping.

[quote name='danh920']is that laptop any good, i guess its a celeron processor?[/quote]

Not really... wait.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']i'm really tempted to get a ps3 now. damn with resistance 1 at that price to and getting the 100 gc i could get resistance 2 as well and use the rest towards another game. god damn you walmart with this very tempting offer. but i'll prolly see what black friday gives me. prolly nothing better than this but i really don't want to get ahead of myself and get this and make the wrong decision.[/quote]

Well, why not buy what you want now and not open it until after Black Friday? If you see a better deal, you can return what you bought and re-purchase. If not, you'll still have what you bought this weekend.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I wonder what the odds are that this particular laptop will get beat by any of the actual Black Friday ads, either in price or in specs.[/quote]

I know someone who got pretty much the same laptop for $350 back in February. The only real difference was that laptop had a Dual-Core Pentium processor.

I'm pretty sure someone will offer either a Dual Pentium or Athlon with similar specs for $300 on BF, be it OTD or after rebates.

And if you're going from a P4 to a celeron, you will notice the drop in performace.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Well, why not buy what you want now and not open it until after Black Friday? If you see a better deal, you can return what you bought and re-purchase. If not, you'll still have what you bought this weekend.[/quote]

True enough, I did this last year, and ended up returning for a much better deal at another store once BF came around.

I don't know. I've been waiting for a PS3 deal, but with them having only 4 per store I doubt I'd actually get there before they're all claimed. BF probably won't be much easier either though.

[quote name='TheRoadHead']crap i shouldn't spend the money. I mean really i'm already spending 100 dollars in games in the next week but a 80gig PS3 with a 100 dollars GC could get me Warhawk, Resistance, and third 60 buck game (either LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted or Eye of Judgement)

Actually anyone know if they usually let you use the GC the same day?

And what does the "Minimum 4 per Store" mean?[/quote]

You can use the giftcard, it just has to be on a seperate transaction from the ps3. no big deal.

I'm lost with the PS3, with so many versions out. Is this 80GB system the same one that came bundled with MotorStorm and has limited backwards compatibility? Someone at GS told that 80GB systems from the Metal Gear bundle and on would not have backwards compatibility.

I ask because I got a cousin looking for one.

[quote name='D_Icon']I'm lost with the PS3, with so many versions out. Is this 80GB system the same one that came bundled with MotorStorm and has limited backwards compatibility? Someone at GS told that 80GB systems from the Metal Gear bundle and on would not have backwards compatibility.

I ask because I got a cousin looking for one.[/quote]

ALL PS3's have PS1 BC

This PS3 does not have PS2 BC at all.

The MGS bundle was the same as the Motorstorm bundle, thus 80% PS2 BC

[quote name='D_Icon']I'm lost with the PS3, with so many versions out. Is this 80GB system the same one that came bundled with MotorStorm and has limited backwards compatibility? Someone at GS told that 80GB systems from the Metal Gear bundle and on would not have backwards compatibility.

I ask because I got a cousin looking for one.[/quote]

This one is the 80GB with only PS1 BC(no PS2 BC), and nothing bundled with it.

Supposedly, there will not be another PS2 BC PS3, but I wouldn't put it past Sony to throw it back in there one day.

I'm really tempted with the PS3. Hopefully since I'm in a smaller area, I can just waltz in at 8 and snag one and not have to wait around before.

I too would like to know how widely they're advertising this deal.

1) Will 24 hour Walmarts start these deals at Midnight or could you pick up the item earlier and just wait till 8 am?
2) Will Best Buy PM the PS3 GH games?

[quote name='J7.']1) Will 24 hour Walmarts start these deals at Midnight or could you pick up the item earlier and just wait till 8 am?
2) Will Best Buy PM the PS3 GH games?[/quote]

1.) You will have to wait until 8 am.
2.) I'm guessing no, but I've been wrong before.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't see another backwards compatible PS3 until the PS2 is dead and buried.[/quote]

I don't see that happening. They go all out with full hardware BC and eventually take it all away, I don't think they will go back all of a sudden. Didn't they also say they will never do BC again? I guess that doesn't mean much since they said at E3 they will always include BC in their system.

Anyways on topic, that $100 gc with the PS3 is tempting. $300 for the system is very reasonable. I'm trying to decide that or a 360 Arcade.

[quote name='doubledown']My brother is looking for a TV...I wonder what the quality of SANYO is though...seems iffy to me.[/QUOTE]

It's terrible; I had to exchange my Vizio a while ago and they were out of them so I took the Sanyo for the same price. HORRIBLE video quality. Took it back for a refund and bought the 42" Vizio plasma at Costco. Now THAT set is awesome (especially for the price).

[quote name='Abalistar']I'm really tempted with the PS3. Hopefully since I'm in a smaller area, I can just waltz in at 8 and snag one and not have to wait around before.

I too would like to know how widely they're advertising this deal.[/quote]

To answer your question, there was a flash banner ad on Yahoo's homepage the other day. And it was up all day the day I saw it.

I don't think it's a huge, huge deal, because many people will still be dissuaded by the fact that they still have to pay $400 to get the $100 gift card. But we're going to see a trend with retailers attempting to give sales a shot in the arm (since our economy is shit right now) by promoting "Black Friday-like" one-day sales like this to make people believe they're getting in on something incredible. Heck, look at what K-Marts doing - they've got a whole campaign centered around layaway. I think that really speaks to the economic situation we're in.

Does anyone forsee the PS3 dropping in price to $349 or $299 before Christmas? Or sometime soon after the holidays? Or a new package that will include a game inside the box like the Motorstorm package? I might rather just wait on the PS3 till after Christmas if a price drop may occur in the next 6 months.

[quote name='bbj77']Does anyone forsee the PS3 dropping in price to $349 or $299 before Christmas? Or sometime soon after the holidays? Or a new package that will include a game inside the box like the Motorstorm package? I might rather just wait on the PS3 till after Christmas if a price drop may occur in the next 6 months.[/quote]

They just released the 80GB, and in two weeks the 160GB will be out. It will probably be more than 6 months before they drop the price, but if the 360 drops there's a good chance Sony will cut $50 from the 80GB.

[quote name='Okari']They just released the 80GB, and in two weeks the 160GB will be out. It will probably be more than 6 months before they drop the price, but if the 360 drops there's a good chance Sony will cut $50 from the 80GB.[/QUOTE]

And since they just dropped the price of the 360 about 2 months ago, I wouldn't hold my breath about Microsoft dropping the price again until middle-late next year.

[quote name='ninebreaker']question:
how many PS2 games works on this PS3 80gb?[/quote]

I think the last bundle that had any BC was the MGS4 bundle. This one most likely isn't BC.

[quote name='ninebreaker']question:
how many PS2 games works on this PS3 80gb?[/quote]

Only PS1 games work on it. It won't play any PS2 games.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder I use sony style card for $100 GC and possible sony gimme back $150 credit or not??[/quote]

I'd call Sony and check out the details first. I do believe Walmart is a sony authorized dealer, so it might work, but, and this is an interesting thought...will sony give you the $150 credit since you're already getting a special deal on the playstation???? If i'm not lazy i might call them and find out....

edit...i called and the rep couldn't tell me much except, if you buy a sony item at a sony authorized dealer and it's over 299, then the 150 credit will show up. I asked for a manager and he couldn't give me much confirmation either. On the surface it should work fine. It's at a sony authorized dealer, and it's gonna show up on your statement as more than 299...so, i think i might try it tomorrow, hope the lines aren't too too long...

PS2 with $30 GC sounds nice, but I can't think of what I would spend the GC on. That and PS2s will probably be all over black friday this year... :whistle2:k

Yea I want to buy a ps2 to replace my fatty, but I know if I wait long enough I can pick one up cheap like my 50 dollar new gamecube this summer at walmart.

This is why I love CAG. Hadn't been here in a while, busy as hell with work, come on Saturday morning to find I can steal a PS3 from Wal-Mart.

bread's done
Back