PS3 80GB w/$100 Gift Card and Other Specials at Walmart - 11/8 Only - ONLINE NOW!

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks cheapyd, got mine an hour ago, gonna get some sleep now and didn't have to worry about the lines and questions if I'd get one.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I don't see that happening. They go all out with full hardware BC and eventually take it all away, I don't think they will go back all of a sudden. Didn't they also say they will never do BC again? I guess that doesn't mean much since they said at E3 they will always include BC in their system.[/quote]
Well I think they might.

At first when the PS3 came out the high price dissuaded people from buying it, and Sony was forced to cut BC because it added too much to the cost of the system.
Then in the last 9 months or so as the PS3 has seen a surge in popularity again and people are showing they are more than willing to pay $500 for a BC system (even the Motorstorm bundle was selling out in Feb, let alone the MGS4 bundle), and are reticent about buying a system without it for $400. Strange huh?

But honestly, I had to have one with BC but I *never* play PS2 games anymore, and the internet is littered with similar stories. Its something people think they want, but don't really (the majority anyway). Theres too many good, *new* games.

[quote name='nsb']Well I think they might.

At first when the PS3 came out the high price dissuaded people from buying it, and Sony was forced to cut BC because it added too much to the cost of the system.
Then in the last 9 months or so as the PS3 has seen a surge in popularity again and people are showing they are more than willing to pay $500 for a BC system (even the Motorstorm bundle was selling out in Feb, let alone the MGS4 bundle), and are reticent about buying a system without it for $400. Strange huh?

But honestly, I had to have one with BC but I *never* play PS2 games anymore, and the internet is littered with similar stories. Its something people think they want, but don't really (the majority anyway). Theres too many good, *new* games.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I bought the MGS4 bundle b/c I wanted a system w/ BC. Well, wouldn't you know that the only time I played a BC game was SSX and that was just to test it out. Needless to say it locked up and I had to reboot the PS3. In any case, if you want a PS3 then just get one. Don't wait around for BC because, if you are like me, you won't use it. You think you will, or you just WANT to have but you definitely don't need it. In any case I still play most of my games on the 360 so I hardly ever use the PS3.........

just picked up resistance in wisconsin. price was 19.82, but those compaq laptops were 398 instead of 298. sucks for those buying laptops in wisconsin

Wal-Mart was a bust. Thought I'd casually walk in at 7:50 to grab the Compaq but sure enough, there was a nice line the size of a city block in electronics. Hopefully there's another cheap and decent laptop on Black Friday I can throw XP on and use for basic tasks.

[quote name='nsb']Well I think they might.

But honestly, I had to have one with BC but I *never* play PS2 games anymore, and the internet is littered with similar stories. Its something people think they want, but don't really (the majority anyway). Theres too many good, *new* games.[/quote]

I would only see them doing it if they managed full software BC. But they haven't said anything about attempting it so I doubt they will.

I would play a lot of PS2 games on my system. God Wars, Siren, Fatal Frames, Silent Hills, RE4, Shadow of the Colossus, Prince of Persias to name a few. They look so much better upscaled and it is so nice having wireless controller, no memory cards, and easy 1 system hook up to surround sound :)

I think eventually, like when the PS2 conveniently stops selling well, we'll see software backward compatibility across the board.

Well, I officially suck. I wait and waited and missed out on the Sony Style $150 back on a PS3, and now Wal-mart on-line is out of stock of the $100 gift card back PS3s...

I guess it just wasn't meant to happen this year! Or maybe a better deal will come along.

Check it out they are back in stock! Just got one! Woot! Yeah went around Orlando this morning around 8:30 and everyone was sold out! Man and two of them said they had it and drove out there and Nada. Come black friday im sticking to ordering off the web. Save that gas money.

Too bad sales tax is so deadly...I would have to pick up the PS3.
I've also been Walmart free for about 2 months now and I'm proud of it.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']poor Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Hawaii....prices may vary....

are those 9 items it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got screwed. I live in Wisconsin and wanted the get the $299 laptop but the guy at the counter said "Due to a manditory tax markup they are $429." fuck THAT.

[quote name='djduke316']Yeah I got screwed. I live in Wisconsin and wanted the get the $299 laptop but the guy at the counter said "Due to a manditory tax markup they are $429." fuck THAT.[/quote]

sounds like the employee wanted the computer for himself.

[quote name='Glow1970']http://www.gottadeal.com/Link/1980 Best Buy for tomorrow. EMACHINES laptop for $299.[/QUOTE]

Decent I suppose for someone looking for a slightly smaller laptop (someone who wants a 14.1 inch display) but it also has half the memory of the Wal-Mart laptop.

I got in line this morning about 7:30 to pick up the PS3. The line was about 50 people long, and about 40 were there for the laptop.....let's just say that people were PISSED when they were told they couldn't sell them for $300. Damn Wisconsin law. This happened last year with an HDDVD player too. Guess that was a blessing in disguise.

They still had plenty of PS3's at my local store today. Line was for laptops I was told by my friend. Management screwed up the laptop distribution after the Dept. Manager spent 3 days organizing all the stock and coming up wtih a proper 1 per person ticket system. Management decided, oh, we'll limit the laptops to 4 per person. Lots of pissed folks apparently!

I got to Wal-Mart at about 8:15 and they hadn't sold any PS3s yet. But my friend had gotten there at 7:15 to get in line for the laptop. A line had already started forming. Everyone was there for the laptop, so I lucked out in just strolling in and up to the counter.

Now I feel incredibly poor though, and I'll feel even poorer when I get an HDTV deal. Arggg.

[quote name='killbot13']These are some great deals, but I'm really hoping the 42" 720P Vizio Plasma which currently sells for about $700 drops to $600 or less. This is finally the year I can afford a HDTV, without having to get a piece of junk.

That new Vizio plasma has an outstanding picture to it. The sound sucks but I have a 5.1 setup.[/quote]

Pfft, I'd wait. I bought a Polaroid 42' 1080p LCD HDTV last black friday for only $815, you should be able to beat that this year.

Also, that deal ended at 10pm in stores. I had it on the counter getting checked out at 10:17pm and the computer wouldn't add the sale...yeah...lol I thought it'd be at midnight!

Is the $100 gift card still valid for today? I was just in my Wal-Mart and they had one 80 gig left. I'm tempted to go pick it up if the sale is still valid.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']Is the $100 gift card still valid for today? I was just in my Wal-Mart and they had one 80 gig left. I'm tempted to go pick it up if the sale is still valid.[/quote]
11/8 only, as the title says.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']Is the $100 gift card still valid for today? I was just in my Wal-Mart and they had one 80 gig left. I'm tempted to go pick it up if the sale is still valid.[/quote]

Dude, just do the deal from dell.com. After getting error messages all this morning, I finally placed my order for an 80-gig PS3 at $60 off. Coupon code PWXNZVNDRWWX1P.

Ahhhh crap. I just bought Warhawk on Amazon for $28, no tax.
I'd have liked to save $8 in the process-- would have made that add-on pack even cheaper in the overall.

I just want to thank you for posting this deal. I went out late morning on Saturday to the local Walmart. They had no PS3s visible, I asked at the service desk and the clerk said they had one left behind the counter. I am now a happy owner of a new PS3 and my wife has a $100 gift card. Their HDMI cable prices were absurd, so I ordered one from monoprice. Thanks again for the post.

Now to keep an eye out on PS3 game deals. I'll have to pony an extra dollar a month to Netflix to rent bluray movies, but it's cheaper than buying the movies.

bread's done
Back