PS3 and Hulu - Update!

Interstella 5555

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Can anyone get their PS3's to stream at hulu.com? I can't seem to get mine to do it since the last update.

Update 12/01/08 - Seems like the newest update (v2.53) fixed all the problems by improving the flash.

Hi everyone, in the next PS3 firmware update (v2.53), coming soon, we’re improving the way the Flash Player works with the internet browser. In addition to being able to access more sites using Flash, you’ll be able to enjoy:

• Full-screen mode playability
  • Live movie (using RTMP format) playability
Now it’s going to be even easier to enjoy web content on your PS3, in full-screen!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/01/ps3-firmware-v253-update/

I can confirm that hulu.com now loads up faster for me, and you can now go fullscreen mode. The update apparently also fixed the problem with youtube where some videos would only play the sound and not the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it to work in the past, it was working better after the last update, (actually it didn't work before). I'm going to test it out again today and make sure that it still works.

[quote name='fatez']are you using PlayOn?[/quote]

I don't think I've ever heard of that. Is that some kind of feature the PS3 has?

[quote name='Thomas96']I got it to work in the past, it was working better after the last update, (actually it didn't work before). I'm going to test it out again today and make sure that it still works.[/quote]

Yeah after the flash update I was able to stream movies on hulu flawlessly. But recently everytime I go on now, the stream wouldn't even load up. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i had the same problem. the solution is to wait for the video to load. it takes a few minutes. have patience. watched heroes ep9 yesterday.

I got it work yesturday, took a while to load, it played differently though, not as good as I remember, plus the volume was kinda low. I'll try some other shows (I was watching The Daily Show for this test) and see if its any better.

I have gotten videos to play no problem on hulu.com through my ps3 but I can't enlarge the picture. When I click on the part to enlarge the picture it sort of moves and i can't see anything. Is it just me?

[quote name='js1']So did the update fix the issues you were having?[/quote]

Yeah, the recent update addressed all the problems I was having before. It even fixed the fullscreen mode on Hulu :D

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Yeah, the recent update addressed all the problems I was having before. It even fixed the fullscreen mode on Hulu :D[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I will have to check hulu out now. Any other sites similar to hulu?

[quote name='QiG']does tvduck.com work on PS3?[/QUOTE]

I just checked ot tvduck.com and for the majority of the links, it works quite well. I didn't even know about that site, so that's nice. If you guys know of any similar sites like hulu or tvduck just post it here. I'll keep looking for more.

As soon as I went to tvduck.com I had the "Do you want to run the plugin?" popup screen :whistle2:( I hope they fix that soon

Anyone know of a program like PLAY ON but that is free? I downloaded it a while ago but rarely used it and now my 30 day trial is up :(

http://www.fancast.com/

Another service similar to Hulu. I've not tried it on my PS3. As soon as I update to 2.53, I'll give it a go. It'll be nice not to have to use PlayOn for Hulu, as my PS3 and router are downstairs, and my PCs are upstairs. PlayOn over wireless is barely functional.

Does anyone else still have problems with hulu? I have the 2.53 update but when I try to watch a video in hi-res (480p) I get only sound.

as for me, the voices come first before the lip movements. it's almost watching a terribly dubbed chinese martial arts movie.

bread's done
Back