PS3 and Wii Console Preorders at GS/EB: Unconfirmed

The other thread got locked. The two EB/GS managers I know said they've heard nothing about a 10/10 date, online I've seen various confirmations/denials. I don't think anyone is going to know at all until the day before at the very most.

Edit: Just read that article. That guy over on 1up who made that post got torn apart other places, mainly because never in GS/EB's history has a store manager been able to decide to take preorders or not. That is done on a regional level at a minimum. I call BS.

I've called my local EB's daily, and they say they don't know when because they don't know how many they're getting.

[quote name='bluto20']I wish I knew how.[/QUOTE]

Its cool and thanks for the news. Even searching you cant see if its been posted half the time.

Go to your top post. Hit edit. Hit Go Advanced, then edit the title that should do it for you.

Thanks Snake/Josh. I did it. Even if that article doesn't come true we can still use this thread for when we do find out the real date(s), eh?

[quote name='bluto20']Ok. So I made a mistake. Close this thread too or sue me. I don't care.[/quote]

Can I sue you for emotional damage?

[quote name='Snake2715']Its cool and thanks for the news. Even searching you cant see if its been posted half the time.

Go to your top post. Hit edit. Hit Go Advanced, then edit the title that should do it for you.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see a CAGer with an ounce of patience and compassion. There's hope yet ...

I know the article is naught but a rumor but the pricing reminded me...

The rumblings in EBGS coorporate is that preorder on the ps3 *if they do it at all* will be $100 down, only $50 for the wii.

This is a BIG ole rumor, don't try to confirm it because you can't. It's simply internal office discussions.

I shop at gamerush in riverside, I know.... but I have credit there. and Virgil (manager) there tells me about all their deals, and all the gosip about the Wii launch. He started a unoficial pre-order list too.... maybe you can get in on that at your local store? he said that most of the employees have there names on them, if there's any left, I'm first on the list....

They should just get on with it and announce what the fuck they are going to do with preorders and it won't be an issue.

It's not rocket science. Release an offiical statement, even if it's just "We're waiting until we have our allocation numbers, we anticipate having them in the next XXXX and will release official preorder information then at least XXX days before preorders begin."

[quote name='nckillthegrimace']Apparently, if you leak GS/EB preorder details, then they will break your thumbs.

Supposed GS/EB Memo[/quote]

That is an exact copy of the memo we got, even so, I don't know anything that you guys don't know already.

The memo is real. The thing about the 10th date is false. No manager would get to choose whether or not to do preorders because preorders and that damn magazine subscription are all the people at GS care about. Besides, the date to start taking preorders would be a company-wide thing. They arn't just going to tell each store to do whatever they want for the Wii.

I think they should at least have skus into the system this week. Anyway, I'm going to try again to pay off my pre-order on Tuesday or later on in the week...

I am waiting to get one off of Overstock and using the $50 off a purchase of $400. If not, my Wal-mart will have a bunch launch day because no one really cares about new videogames in my area.

[quote name='dmode249']I shop at gamerush in riverside, I know.... but I have credit there. and Virgil (manager) there tells me about all their deals, and all the gosip about the Wii launch. He started a unoficial pre-order list too.... maybe you can get in on that at your local store? he said that most of the employees have there names on them, if there's any left, I'm first on the list....[/QUOTE]

According to one of the posts in the previous thread, GameRush's official pre-order policy prohibits employees.

That memo is lame, I understand if a employee was leaking financial info or something, but come on. This is just about some pre-orders of game systems. Even if it is leaked, how in the world does it even hurt them? No way. No matter what, if they do pre orders, they will sell out right away. This refusal to talk about their plans, is really bad customer service.

[quote name='fidodido']According to one of the posts in the previous thread, GameRush's official pre-order policy prohibits employees.[/QUOTE]Ahem...
[quote name='dmode249']He started a unoficial pre-order list too.... maybe you can get in on that at your local store? he said that most of the employees have there names on them, if there's any left, I'm first on the list....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gadgetron']Anyone remember when videogames use to be cool, and not a chore?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember how easy it was to get a Sega Genesis and SNES on launch day. Even the Playstation was readily available when it finally came out. Really it was the PS2 when feel everything got crazy. I guess back in the day when gaming wasn't main stream launch day was simpler.

[quote name='TimPV3']Ahem...[/QUOTE]

Yes, I caught the official/unofficial wording. That was my point. That store's "unofficial" pre-order list is only valid up until the point when an "official" policy is publicly available. If the official policy contradicts the unofficial list (i.e. - employees cannot pre-order), then that list will be thrown out the window.

[quote name='Gadgetron']Anyone remember when videogames use to be cool, and not a chore?[/QUOTE]
No one's making us ask around. It's of our own volition that we're spending time plotting and scheming our launch day plans.

We all know a few months down the line even the ps3 will be readily available wherever we go. It's only one's impatience that's compelling. Don't want to devote time on finding a launch console? Wait till you find one on a shelf somewhere.

[quote name='guinaevere']No one's making us ask around. It's of our own volition that we're spending time plotting and scheming our launch day plans.

We all know a few months down the line even the ps3 will be readily available wherever we go. It's only one's impatience that's compelling. Don't want to devote time on finding a launch console? Wait till you find one on a shelf somewhere.[/QUOTE]

You just proved his point. Back in the day, we didn't have to make ridiculous plans in advance just to secure the latest consoles on launch day.

PS3 preorders are starting at EB/GS tomorrow, $100 down. Consider it unconfirmed if you want, but I don't think any EB/GS employees are going to publicly speak out about it, so this is probably as confirmed as it will be.

No word as to Wii preorders, unfortunately.

[quote name='botticus']PS3 preorders are starting at EB/GS tomorrow, $100 down. Consider it unconfirmed if you want, but I don't think any EB/GS employees are going to publicly speak out about it, so this is probably as confirmed as it will be.

No word as to Wii preorders, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

You said it my man.. A guy from Gamestop just called my buddy to tell me on Tuesday they are accepting preorders for them(PS3).... They called him. Wii's are still "maybe later this week"

If the Wii wasn't likely to be up for preorder this week (meaning I will need to take a morning off from work), I would go ahead and do the same for the PS3. But two mornings in the same week would be tough.

I'll be nice and let the gamers get their PS3 preorders in. If it's still up for grabs tomorrow night when I do some trades, I'll cash in. :D

[quote name='Rig']Tuesday for my EB's as well. Same info. as above. Looks like it's pretty much confirmed now.[/QUOTE]
Hmm called a few around here but no word on what day.

my Manger at gamestop said ps 3 is reservable tommorrow a 100 down and we are getting 16. only 2 employee reserves bah we do not even get a discount

Can any EB/GS employees tell me if stores should know their Wii allocation numbers yet, or will that have to wait until Thursday or whatever night before Wii preorders are available? I'll ask tomorrow when I'm there, just want to know before I go in if they should know (so I can push them if they tell me they don't).

I move to have this topic locked now, as there is an *official* *confirmed* thread in the Video Game Deals forum.

[quote name='botticus']Can any EB/GS employees tell me if stores should know their Wii allocation numbers yet, or will that have to wait until Thursday or whatever night before Wii preorders are available? I'll ask tomorrow when I'm there, just want to know before I go in if they should know (so I can push them if they tell me they don't).[/quote]

Unless they got the numbers today, then no they don't.

I will be able to put the $100 charge on my credit card tomorrow, yes? (I sure hope so, as I don't have $100 cash on me!)

[quote name='Rig']I will be able to put the $100 charge on my credit card tomorrow, yes? (I sure hope so, as I don't have $100 cash on me!)[/quote]

Yes

bread's done
Back