PS3 Dual-shock $63.95 shipped @ estarland.com

[quote name='tightclaws']You can buy it on Ebay for 48.99 + 7 for shipping how is this a deal?[/quote]

I guess you missed the part where i said "not too much of a deal". I just wanted to let people know. Besides there are people that would rather not use ebay.

[quote name='jphillips10']Just in today it looks like. $59.99+shipping. Lowest shipping is $4.00 & no tax. So $63.95 total. Not too much of a deal but cheaper than play-asia if you want one.

http://www.estarland.com/Playstation3.product.30591.html[/QUOTE]

Only slightly cheaper, and you can get a $10 off coupon for Play-Asia at Strikebang, or from the coupon thread here on CAG, making it $55-ish shipped on Play-Asia, So, not much of a deal.

$60 for a controller is an insult. The Dual Shock 2 was built well, the SIXAXIS is absolute junk that you can feel flex in your hands, is the Dual Shock 3 even built as sturdy as the Dual Shock 2 or is it the flimsy SIXAXIS chassis?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']$60 for a controller is an insult. The Dual Shock 2 was built well, the SIXAXIS is absolute junk that you can feel flex in your hands, is the Dual Shock 3 even built as sturdy as the Dual Shock 2 or is it the flimsy SIXAXIS chassis?[/QUOTE]

It actually feels a bit heavier than the dualshock 2. I really like it.

[quote name='United_Korea']only $60+ for a controller?!? now that's cheap:roll:[/QUOTE]
Considering it's not out in the US yet and you're paying less than $10 more to get it early I don't see how it;s that crazy.

I do agree though that controllers should be a lot cheaper in general, but controllers for all 3 systems are overpriced unless you buy 3rd party (which I did :D $10 for a Gameshark controller and L2/R2 feel much better on it)

Still no US release date... I'd rather pay $10 extra to import this sucker than buy a new SixAxis with no rumble.

$60 for a controller?
I guess that's how much the Wii's full controller is, but still. That seems a little steep. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a controller.
Maybe they'll debut at $50 when they hit the US.

Take into consideration that this gen controllers are wireless. Last gen the wireless controllers went for that much or even more(the good logitech ones at least).

So yeah its a bit steep but then again we could be stuck with just six axis...

Still, 360 controllers are only $50. I realize wireless is expensive, but they should be lowering the costs of production by now.

Wavebirds were only $30 when they came out, if I recall correctly.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Maybe bluetooth technology is more expensive than regular wireless?[/quote]

Fair enough.
I guess it does include a rechargeable battery too, which 360 and Wii don't have included in their base controller models.

[quote name='Bojizzle']Fair enough.
I guess it does include a rechargeable battery too, which 360 and Wii don't have included in their base controller models.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I still think all three controllers are ripoffs.

I don't understand the infatuation with rumble. The reason I am looking forward to the release of the DualShock 3 is so the six-axis price goes cheap and I can pick up a couple more.

How many people clamoring for rumble love their wavebird? Probably one of the best controllers and guess what, no rumble. The 2 best controllers last gen were, Wavebird and the wireless Logitech for the PS2 and Wavebird didn't have rumble ad I turned it off on the Logitech to save battery when I realized I didn't miss it at all. It just cracks me up when people complain about no rumble now but praise the wavebird as being so great last generation.

Rumble is overrated, I said it when they announced the sixaxis, and I said it when they announced the DS3 and I 'll say it again when I am picking up sixaxis controllers for $15 in a couple months.

Wavebirds were only $30 when released because they didn't have rumble and therefore didn't need to pay royalties to the company that developed rumble. DS3 and 360 controllers include royalties that Sony and MS aren't going to pay, so you are going to have to cover them

I got a DS3 from yesasia and it's totally worth it. (got a sexy white one)

The controller is heavier, solid and feels more substantial.
A lot of games are already rumble-enabled.
Bluetooth dropout that happens with SIXAXIS is fixed on DS3.
Still has good battery life.

If you look around, you can find coupons for $5 off 1st time orders at yesasia, and they ship for free. It's not a bad deal.

You don't have to use ebay either! :D

Is it true that the dual shock 3 has longer battery life than regular sixaxis? That would be the only reason for me to get one, don't care about rumble that much either.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Is it true that the dual shock 3 has longer battery life than regular sixaxis? That would be the only reason for me to get one, don't care about rumble that much either.[/quote]

It seems about the same to me....

[quote name='Bojizzle']Still, 360 controllers are only $50. I realize wireless is expensive, but they should be lowering the costs of production by now.

Wavebirds were only $30 when they came out, if I recall correctly.[/quote]

nothing to do with Sony here on the price

welcome to the world of importing everything gets a price bump so the stores actually make some money

they'll most likely only be $50 when they are finally released in North America but to get it early and import you pay the premium

edit: I'll buy my second one from eStarland since I still have $7.99 in store credit with them

too bad I get charged sales tax since I live in Virginia >_< but they are two hours away so it would cost me more to just pick it up at their warehouse

[quote name='jaystaeb8']
It just cracks me up when people complain about no rumble now but praise the wavebird as being so great last generation.
[/QUOTE]

Nobody does that. It cracks me up when people put 2 separate ideas together in order to support their own viewpoints. BTW, people liked the Wavebird so much because it was the only official wireless pad of the last generation. There was no legitimate competition (3rd party pads don't count). I never once saw somebody say, "The Wavebird is so great because it doesn't have rumble!" Oh, and Nintendo's wired GameCube controllers still had rumble and cost less than every other system's controllers back then too.

And as others have said, the Dual Shock 3 has some improvements besides the vibration, such as better Bluetooth support and better analog sticks/shoulder buttons.

I decided to bite and order one, $63 isn't bad for not having to wait another 2 or 3 months for the DS3's to show up in the US.

I just got a PS3 and I was SHOCKED at how cheap the sixaxis controller felt in my hands (it felt as if it was missing the battery pack or something)

now, I know the PS3 cost them a lot to make, and they are forced (like all game companies) to sell the console at a loss at first to get it into the market, but they really cut corners on this.

to have to spend 60 bucks to remedy their mistake is a ripoff in my opinion. how many PS3 games actually sue rumble anyway (if the original controller didn't support it, would game makers even bother to make rumble work on launch PS3 games?)

DS3 is heaven.
Everything feels better.

It has more mass.
It rumbles.
Analog sticks are stiffer. (they're stiffer on newer SIXAXIS controllers too)
L2/R2 feel better as well.

[quote name='Drnick']to have to spend 60 bucks to remedy their mistake is a ripoff in my opinion. how many PS3 games actually sue rumble anyway (if the original controller didn't support it, would game makers even bother to make rumble work on launch PS3 games?)[/quote]
Then don't spend any money, you don't NEED rumble do you? Not to mention when SIXAXIS came out, they still hadn't settled with Immersion in the rumble lawsuit.

A lot of games have rumble, Uncharted, Ratchet, GT5 Prologue, DMC4, + more.

[quote name='jaystaeb8']I don't understand the infatuation with rumble. The reason I am looking forward to the release of the DualShock 3 is so the six-axis price goes cheap and I can pick up a couple more.

How many people clamoring for rumble love their wavebird? Probably one of the best controllers and guess what, no rumble. The 2 best controllers last gen were, Wavebird and the wireless Logitech for the PS2 and Wavebird didn't have rumble ad I turned it off on the Logitech to save battery when I realized I didn't miss it at all. It just cracks me up when people complain about no rumble now but praise the wavebird as being so great last generation.

Rumble is overrated, I said it when they announced the sixaxis, and I said it when they announced the DS3 and I 'll say it again when I am picking up sixaxis controllers for $15 in a couple months.

Wavebirds were only $30 when released because they didn't have rumble and therefore didn't need to pay royalties to the company that developed rumble. DS3 and 360 controllers include royalties that Sony and MS aren't going to pay, so you are going to have to cover them[/quote]

Wavebird didn't have rumble so that it could extend the battery life. I know that, personally, lack of rumble was my ONLY gripe with the Wavebird.

And Nintendo uses their OWN rumble technology that is different from the tech MSoft and Sony use, so they don't pay royalties on it to anyone else.

You don't care for Rumble, and that's cool, but it's pretty darn silly to think that people who do like it are somehow wrong.

[quote name='seanmcc']Then don't spend any money, you don't NEED rumble do you? Not to mention when SIXAXIS came out, they still hadn't settled with Immersion in the rumble lawsuit.

A lot of games have rumble, Uncharted, Ratchet, GT5 Prologue, DMC4, + more.[/quote]

Don't bother trying to defend Sony; they're indefnsible on all of this.

First, they used Immersion's tech without permission and refused to admit it. Then, when the PS3 launched, they LIED about the reson why they left out rumble (they claimed that it was impossible to impliment both rumble and tilt controls, and that rumble was "last gen".) And finally, when then unvieled the DS3, they made a big show of the fact that they were amazing because their engineers had found a way to "do the impossible" and impliment rumble and tilt together.

Yes, we all know exactly what happened, and how it was all a matter of the lawsuit with Immersion, but a) they refused to admit that to the public, and b) they released an incomplete product to the public, and are entirely unapologetic for it.

If they were going to replace all existing controllers with DS3s, I would aplaud them, but making me go buy a replacement controller in order to get a feature that was standardize two generations ago really is inexcusable.

[quote name='Evander']

If they were going to replace all existing controllers with DS3s, I would aplaud them, but making me go buy a replacement controller in order to get a feature that was standardize two generations ago really is inexcusable.[/quote]

yeah, theyre putting a gun to your head and "making" you buy a DS3. You knew from the beginning you were getting a sixaxis with your ps3 purchase, live with it :roll:.

Now that Sony announced that the Dual Shock 3 isn't coming until late April, and it's going to be $55 this is a pretty good deal if you are willing to pay $8 more to get one now.

[quote name='Vitality X']yeah, theyre putting a gun to your head and "making" you buy a DS3. You knew from the beginning you were getting a sixaxis with your ps3 purchase, live with it :roll:.[/quote]

So, it's okay for them to rip off customers as long as they don't force it?

Seriously, pull your head out of your ass. We're talking about a feature that THEY made standard, and then have turned around and decided to charge a premium on.

For all the complaints that used to float about having to pay extra for wifi, or HD discs, or online, or whatever else on the 360, its hilarious to see the defense of Sony on this.

Some of us just enjoy playing games, and don't care who makes them. I'm not going to defend one company over another, or bend over and take it just because a specific company tells me to. Defending their bullshit by calling it "optional" is indefensible.

[quote name='Larrabee213']Now that Sony announced that the Dual Shock 3 isn't coming until late April, and it's going to be $55 this is a pretty good deal if you are willing to pay $8 more to get one now.[/quote]

I agree $8 to get it 2 months in advance, not bad. I thought for sure Sony would have released the DS3 for $50 in the US & then drop the price on the sixaxis.

[quote name='jphillips10']I agree $8 to get it 2 months in advance, not bad. I thought for sure Sony would have released the DS3 for $50 in the US & then drop the price on the sixaxis.[/QUOTE]

QFT - Here in Chicago, a DS3 after tax will be $60 so for $3 more to get it early is a no brainer.

AND I actually got it for free from estarland by trading in a bunch of strategy guides and some older ps2 games that EB/Gamestop wouldn't even take.

bread's done
Back