PS3 Eye of Judgement $29.92 @ Walmart!

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Ok price drop from home office came down today. They dropped the Eye of Judgement bundle down to $29.92 from $69.96. This SHOULD NOT BE YMMV since it is a home office price change sent to all stores.

Picked one up myself for the price. Cheaper than buying the camera alone.

For the people who got the lower price, did they scan it at the register or at one of the kiosks? When they scanned it at the Kiosk it came up as 69.96 for me. Maybe there's a difference if they scan it at the register? i.e. the POS isn't hooked into the same data as the kiosks... I just thought of this now and didn't try it myself. Here's hoping that's the secret sauce....

Wait, so can this be traded in at stores? Can you sell the package to EB straight up or just the game and camera seperately or what?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Wait, so can this be traded in at stores? Can you sell the package to EB straight up or just the game and camera seperately or what?[/quote]

I called gamestop and they only offered 8 bucks for the game,mat,stand.

Blockbuster said they don't take the game.

Yeah, I really loathe all retailers and their "trade-in programs"...bunch of bs...

Just got off the phone with a local Game Crazy. Apparently they don't even have a trade-in value for it...

[quote name='NateNinja']I called gamestop and they only offered 8 bucks for the game,mat,stand.

Blockbuster said they don't take the game.[/quote]

I called two GameStops. One said they wouldn't take it without the camera.

Another, I believe, said the same thing and the trade in value with camera was $8. I was a little distracted while I was on the phone though so I may have heard wrong.

Checked my store again today, and it looks like they updated the prices last night. Walked out with a copy leaving behind 4-5 in store. Worth it to buy another one?

So if any of you still found the game at 69.99, try again today or tomorrow. As long as your store has them in stock, it seems like it will drop eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Florence, KY store had 2 copies, so I picked up one. DO NOT USE THE ONLINE FINDER! My store did not even show up. Now I am tempted to buy more cards. Thanks for the deal OP.

Picked up one at the Denton, TX store. There was one left. I would have picked it up for a CAG, but I prolly shouldn't have even spent the $30 to get the one.

Here's the brief story:

After reading this thread, I checked online and it said the closest store that had it was like 30 miles away (aka not worth my trouble). Then I called the store and had an electronics clerk check and they said they didn't have it (after a long wait while they looked). Then, later in the day, I called again and asked somebody else to check; same thing, waited while they visually looked, said they didn't have it.

So then today, I decide to go look for myself since i was nearby, and sure enough, there were two in the glass case at the very bottom, below the rest of the PS3 games, displayed right in plain view with a $29.92 (or whatev) price tag. Sheesh.

I told the electronics guy I wanted one, he looked surprised by the price tag, he walked over and looked at the $40 tag on the standalone PS Eye, and said "wow, we're smart" rather sarcastically...... "this is ten bucks less than the camera itself." Me: "yeah, that's why I'm buying it."

Moral of the story: don't trust he web locator or the store associates either. Oh, and the other moral is that there was one left at 1pm at the Denton, TX store (I wouldn't be surprised if that associate tries to buy it though).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The guy sighed when I asked him to get it out of the case today.[/quote]

That bugs me when people put up a stink about checking the price. Especially when I ask nicely. They need to just do their job and not complain about it! Hopefully it'll be marked down tomorrow for you.

[quote name='mkernan']I prolly shouldn't have even spent the $30 to get the one.[/quote]

Why not? Not worth the $30?

Checked one of my local Walmarts and three with a red sticker on the shelf listing the $29.92 price on these. I passed mostly because I wouldn't have anybody to play this game with but I can 100% confirm this is a drop.....hopefully everybody who wants one can find one.

[quote name='regis100']Why not? Not worth the $30?[/quote]

Oh, no, its *totally* worth it. I just know that wifey may not approve. :roll:

But obviously I'm not that worried, I did buy it.

Success has been had by me at the new Super Wal-Mart on 31 in (Crystal Lake?) IL.

Story:
Went there, found EoJ at the bottom of a game case, a couple left. Grabbed a young Electronics Dept. girl (not literally) for a price-check. She comes back with a price-scanning gun, and says, "It's 69.99".

Hrmpf.

As I mope about the discount items, I see another woman changing price tags on games with a different-looking price scanner and portable sticker printer. I say, "Hey, do you manually change prices? Because I'd like to to see if EoJ is on sale." She said, "Where is it? I've been looking all over for that game because I think I DO have to change the price." She thanked me over and over -- I think that she was happier that I showed her the location of the game rather than I receiving the discount! (not really, I'm very happy)

Just called my local walmart (Merritt Island FL) and they had plenty in stock and on display for 69.92. I asked them to ring it up in the system and it came up with a price 69.92 :(

I told my sister about this deal for my nephew (and me). She was in town today and called me from Wal-Mart because the associate never heard of the EoJ bundle. She swore to my sister all they had was the camera. I told me sister to check the end cap where they usually sit behind the glass. Success. There they were. Dumbass employees.

Called my second local WalMart (Viera FL)..... the price on the sticker and the price on the scanner both showed 69.92 :( :(

Those of you wanting to do a price check... just tell them you want to buy it... they will get it out and scan it and ring it up.. if its still 69 tell them oops too much, if its not, then bingo.

There are 2 Walmarts in my town, both of which had the eye of judgment pack. The walmart I ended up purchasing it at had a sticker on it that said it was price reduced to 29.99. I picked up the last one at the Rutherford Walmart in Murfreesboro, TN.

Me and a couple of friends grabbed copies, and it is pretty fun. the biggest problem is getting tired of your deck. Does anyone know of a place to get some cheap booster packs or theme decks? Its a great deal for 30 but I don't want to spend $50 to get some new cards. I noticed that the theme decks had repeating cards from the starter deck so i'm iffy on buying one. Either way I got a camera with a mic out of it. Thanks CAG'ers.

[quote name='Scriber']Me and a couple of friends grabbed copies, and it is pretty fun. the biggest problem is getting tired of your deck. Does anyone know of a place to get some cheap booster packs or theme decks? Its a great deal for 30 but I don't want to spend $50 to get some new cards. I noticed that the theme decks had repeating cards from the starter deck so i'm iffy on buying one. Either way I got a camera with a mic out of it. Thanks CAG'ers.[/QUOTE]

I Picked up some Booster Packs at TRU for 3.99 a piece. Thats the only place that had them.

[quote name='vanlandw']Checked one of my local Walmarts and three with a red sticker on the shelf listing the $29.92 price on these. I passed mostly because I wouldn't have anybody to play this game with but I can 100% confirm this is a drop.....hopefully everybody who wants one can find one.[/quote]

well, the ps3 eye is normally $35 new by itself, so if anything, buy it fir that and sell/trade the rest.

Anyone from Philly that checked the Walmart at Columbus Boulevard? Site says none in stock but I just want to make sure...

The Wal-mart in Enid, OK, still has 4-5 copies. I have a feeling I may be the only CAG in Enid though. I picked mine up for $29.92.

Dont believe the website if it says out of stock. Said the closest store was 50 miles from me. I went to my local store and they had 6 copies. My brother checked his store which was about 30 miles away and they had 4 copies. All marked 29.xx. I picked one up for the camera. If anyone want to trade for the game and cards I only really wanted the camera:)

[quote name='NJMane']Dont believe the website if it says out of stock. Said the closest store was 50 miles from me. I went to my local store and they had 6 copies. My brother checked his store which was about 30 miles away and they had 4 copies. All marked 29.xx. I picked one up for the camera. If anyone want to trade for the game and cards I only really wanted the camera:)[/quote]

Yea.. But my nearest Walmart is also the only one that I know.

Got one at the wallmart in middle island, ny. It was in the case with the 69.xx tag ripped in half. Rang up 29.xx. Figured even if I don't like the game I can make some money back trading it to GS.

Also, there were 5 or so of them left.

[quote name='tagout']Yea.. But my nearest Walmart is also the only one that I know.[/quote]

I checked to see if any walmarts aroundme had one using the site and it told me no stores within 100 miles had one. The next day I needed some shampoo and decided to take a look and they had 2. Dont believe what the site says.

Huntington Beach, CA Wal-mart had some but said they hadn't gotten a memo for putting it on clearance. The guy there said that it's entirely possible that other Wal-marts had it on clearance but this one had no need to since they didn't need the shelf space for something else.

Today I found my local walmart has multiple packs of EoJ. I asked the cashier to ring it up but the system couldn't recognize the barcode. She typed in the UPC and it didn't work either. really weird. At last she said the item was not in the system so she couldn't sell it to me. Any one has the same problem? Is there any "hidden" barcode to scan except the one on the back?

I just got back from the Rt. 7 Norwalk, CT Walmart. It had 2, and now has one. I was going to buy two, but decided to leave the last one for someone else.

[quote name='tagout']Anyone from Philly that checked the Walmart at Columbus Boulevard? Site says none in stock but I just want to make sure...[/quote]

BUMP.:pray:

[quote name='msachops']Huntington Beach, CA Wal-mart had some but said they hadn't gotten a memo for putting it on clearance. The guy there said that it's entirely possible that other Wal-marts had it on clearance but this one had no need to since they didn't need the shelf space for something else.[/QUOTE]

Tell the lazyass to do his price changes!

bread's done
Back