PS3 Eye of Judgement $29.92 @ Walmart!

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Ok price drop from home office came down today. They dropped the Eye of Judgement bundle down to $29.92 from $69.96. This SHOULD NOT BE YMMV since it is a home office price change sent to all stores.

Picked one up myself for the price. Cheaper than buying the camera alone.

I got one from the Balch Springs Texas walmart. they also had a wireless n notebook card for 7 bucks. plenty of both still there!

So, is anybody actually enjoying this game? I think it's pretty damn hard. Can you skip the battle animations? those are getting PRETTY annoying...

I just found two at the Wal Mart in Woodland Hills/West Hills CA. I only picked up one of them. If you are in the area go there is one waiting for you! Great Deal only $29.92!

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']So, is anybody actually enjoying this game? I think it's pretty damn hard. Can you skip the battle animations? those are getting PRETTY annoying...[/quote]

Yeah, there's an option to turn them off right before you start playing. I wasn't expecting much at all from this game but I can actually say I'm enjoying it.

I went back to the Huntington Beach Walmart and it now has the clearance sticker. Picked mine up and there are 2 left there so anyone in the Orange County Beach area can head on over. I actually talked to the lady that helped me before and she said that 5 minutes after I left they got word to mark it down. Just bad timing I guess. At least they still had it when I went back.

Just picked up 2 today at my wal-mart. If anyone is interested in one, for $35( price and gas!)plus shipping,:D Please let me know!

Still trying to get rid of this game...I may just break down and trade in the game+camera to Blockbuster since they wouldn't take just the game. I tried the camera out with the free software and was really disappointed in the quality. PC webcams in the same price range have much better quality. Not sure why this one sucks so bad. I don't really think it's much better than the PS2 camera. I was expecting a huge jump in quality to justify going out and buying a new one instead of just recycling the Eyetoy.

Got mine a few days ago. The store had about 5 or 6 more. I'm very interested in playing with anyone and trying to find deals on boosters or theme decks. It seems the Play Asia sale might be a good place to get extra themed decks right now. I'm TheUMX on PSN if anyone wants to play. Just PM me and let me know.

For the person that has cards to sell I may be interested.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Feel free to check my list if you could grab me one of these!
Closest one to me is about a 20min drive :([/QUOTE]

I drove to a few walmarts( each walmarts took me 20 mins drive..to get there..Total 60mins drive!!) and i still couldnt find one...!!
If you really want the game (like me) driving 20 mins is no big deal..!!

This was a sweet deal. Found two bundles at my local wal-mart and picked one up. $10 less than retail for an eye toy, but with a multiplayer game, which I've been needing, included with it. Excellent deal I wish I could figure out all the stuff the eye toy can do. Is there anything like maybe taking pictures and putting them in your photo section that you can do?

Thread didnt make a front page deal. :(

The heavens be dammed!!! I will find a deal that will make the front page!!

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']This was a sweet deal. Found two bundles at my local wal-mart and picked one up. $10 less than retail for an eye toy, but with a multiplayer game, which I've been needing, included with it. Excellent deal I wish I could figure out all the stuff the eye toy can do. Is there anything like maybe taking pictures and putting them in your photo section that you can do?[/quote]

Yes. You need to download EyeCreate from the Playstation store. (It is a free download)

I think it would be cool if we had a CAG EoJ tournament now that many CAG's have the game. I could possibly set it up, but I don't know the best way to go about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged one at the new Walmart around Romeoville, IL... there was like 4 left.... Sign still said $69.XX and rang up $29.XX.

The update though, took like 3 hours to go through, terrible. Was I the only one with the issue?

[quote name='DX']Thread didnt make a front page deal. :(

The heavens be dammed!!! I will find a deal that will make the front page!![/quote]

This should DEFINITELY make front page. I really wish I could make it to Walmart to get my hands on this fantastic deal.

Not sure how true this is, but when the game came out I remember reading that printoffs of the cards would work. Not sure you even need boosters....

[quote name='stewie75']Snagged one at the new Walmart around Romeoville, IL... there was like 4 left.... Sign still said $69.XX and rang up $29.XX.

The update though, took like 3 hours to go through, terrible. Was I the only one with the issue?[/QUOTE]

The update for me was also 2-3-4 hours. Seemed like that shit took forever to update.

[quote name='jovherye']Hey! Add me too! Now that we got this, where is the cheapest place to buy the booster packs?![/quote]

Play Asia is currently running a 25% off sale (check that thread for details). Theme decks from Set 2 are $7.43 each. If you buy 2, it's a buck off of the total price.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Play Asia is currently running a 25% off sale (check that thread for details). Theme decks from Set 2 are $7.43 each. If you buy 2, it's a buck off of the total price.[/quote]

Forgot to mention that the Set 2 booster packs are also on sale at Play Asia for $2.93 each. Just beware of the shipping costs!

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I'm sure it's been asked, but has anyone seen this one in Austin?[/QUOTE]

Someone earlier said they saw them at the store on MOPAC. I believe.

Yep:

[quote name='Zoe']I went ahead and checked the one near 71 & Mopac, and they were marked on clearance with at least one left this morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Play Asia is currently running a 25% off sale (check that thread for details). Theme decks from Set 2 are $7.43 each. If you buy 2, it's a buck off of the total price.[/QUOTE]

Great Price on those. The only things that sucks is that the Expansion Set 2 upgrade is 14.99 on PSN.

Quick Question. Has anyone bought the Expansion Set 2 yet? If so is it worth it?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']So is the finding of the bundle YMMV or is the price YMMV? I've got about 4 Walmarts by me that I can hit.[/QUOTE]

Price is a bit YMMV. It should be 29.xx everywhere but a employee has to do the sign updates. Pretty much depends on how lazy or not lazy the associates at your store are.

[quote name='leesiulung']It's my pleasure. I'm glad a fellow Sacramento CAG got one![/QUOTE]

You must have got there before me... Checked there. Elk Grove, Florin and the Ikea one and no luck. Anyone looking to sell one let me know as the game and the eye took look like it would be fun at a reasonable price, aka not $70.00 retail..

I am really bummed that the game is not 2 player local out of the box. Not enough cards.

So I called all the game stores around me, found one gamestop that had cards. Drove down there, and they were cards for the expansion. Which would cost me $15 just to be able to buy the already expensive cards to play.

No thanks, I'll keep looking for standard card sets.

IMO, charging for the expansion was a really dumb idea. Give it out free, and make money on more card sales. Sony amazes me.

Furthermore, it really pisses me off that nowhere on the package does it say more cards are necessary for 2 player local.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up returning the copy I bought since I can get the camera cheaper from GameStop used and in the end I have little to no interest in Eye of Judgement the game

Picked one up at my local Linden, NJ store, the cashier was surprised at the unknown clearance, so he double checked the price. It was the last one that I bought. Good Luck finding one.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I am really bummed that the game is not 2 player local out of the box. Not enough cards.
Furthermore, it really pisses me off that nowhere on the package does it say more cards are necessary for 2 player local.[/quote]

My wife and I played a game fine with just the starter deck. We just drew from the same deck.

[quote name='hoofrog']My wife and I played a game fine with just the starter deck. We just drew from the same deck.[/quote]
Haven't tried it yet (just found it at a nearby WM a couple days ago), but supposedly you can just photocopy the cards and they'll work.

[quote name='buckythekat']I ended up returning the copy I bought since I can get the camera cheaper from GameStop used and in the end I have little to no interest in Eye of Judgement the game[/quote]
I'm thinking about returning it because yesterday I found myself checking out theme decks ($10 a pop) and boosters ($3 a pop), and realized that the CCG world may not be a money sink I want to get into again. :D

[quote name='Monroeski']I'm thinking about returning it because yesterday I found myself checking out theme decks ($10 a pop) and boosters ($3 a pop), and realized that the CCG world may not be a money sink I want to get into again. :D[/QUOTE]

Shit, where did you find them for that cheap?

[quote name='tenchi']I found two copies at the Wal Mart in State College, PA. There's one left after I bought mine.[/quote]
I was just there on Saturday! There were at least 10 left...wow, these things go so fast!

On another note, the Walmart in Riverdale, NJ had 5 on Saturday (same day I drove to State College)...I bought 1 for myself, 1 for my brother...went back Sunday and they were all gone. The Piscataway, NJ store that was slow at updating their prices for EoJ last week were also picked clean when I checked this morning.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Shit, where did you find them for that cheap?[/quote]
Gamestop.

These were series 1 cards, not series two. Series two were $3.99 a booster, $14.99 per deck I think.

[quote name='Monroeski']Gamestop.

These were series 1 cards, not series two. Series two were $3.99 a booster, $14.99 per deck I think.[/QUOTE]

Shit. My gamestop only had series 2. And I am not ready to pay $15 just so I can buy $15 cards yet.

Guess I need to check Gamestop today. The wife even seems interested so I may have to sink a little money into this. But seriously think about it. Even with the Set 2 cost of $14.99 and another deck for $14.99, that is only $30 + the price of the bundle ($30) I am still coming out less than the cost of the original bundle. Nice deal IMO.

[quote name='hoofrog']Guess I need to check Gamestop today. The wife even seems interested so I may have to sink a little money into this. But seriously think about it. Even with the Set 2 cost of $14.99 and another deck for $14.99, that is only $30 + the price of the bundle ($30) I am still coming out less than the cost of the original bundle. Nice deal IMO.[/quote]

Spoken like someone who has never felt the soul-crushing addiction of a CCG before.

Price of the first hit always sounds reasonable. :D

bread's done
Back