ps3 headsets

Get the official Sony headset. It's really high quality and has some really nice features. If you can find a copy of SOCOM, it should include the headset and be $30. My Bestbuy has the game and headseat bundle for $25 but that's YMMV. The Jabra headset from Warhawk is alright but it pales in comparison with the official headseat and all of its features.

The logitech headset is a good option.. if you prefer a wired connection, but the Official PS3 headset is the best.

+1 for the official sony headset.

i used several different bluetooth headsets and the official one wins by a long shot. i too got my headset on the cheap with SOCOM ($35 at Blockbuster clearance)

I use the old official "No Longer Cool Because It Is Wired" Logitech PS2 Usb headset. Works fine.

I have a motorola blutooth headset for my phone, but it's lost somewhere in my house. I was thinking of picking up the Socom bundle, but it looks like a really crappy game with tons of bugs. Is it worth the $30?

[quote name='Gourd']I use the old official "No Longer Cool Because It Is Wired" Logitech PS2 Usb headset. Works fine.[/QUOTE]

+1

I got it for $10, which is my cap for a headset. Plus, I can't stand those in ear BT headsets. They're SO uncomfortable for me.

Right now, Gamestop has those Motorola NFL coach headset with the big headphone and rigid mic for $10(used). Scrub that bad boy with alcohol or change the earpad/mic pad and you're good to go.

I have the wired SOCOM headset from the PS2 bundle. It's decent, though after the 3.0 FW update I keep having issues with USB powered stuff.

[quote name='jh6269']I have a motorola blutooth headset for my phone, but it's lost somewhere in my house. I was thinking of picking up the Socom bundle, but it looks like a really crappy game with tons of bugs. Is it worth the $30?[/QUOTE]

There are some hardcore players of the game on here but yes the game does suck, however, since the headset by itself sells for $50 MSRP you're getting the headset for $20 cheaper and can make up even more of the cost by just selling the game to Gamestop/EBay/Amazon/Goozex.

The official Sony wireless headset is by far the best one to use on the PS3. The old SOCOM wired headsets, as mentioned by others, are probably second-best.

I don't really like the official BT headset.. It's too big and it doesn't fit in my ear right. I always have to mess with it to get it in correctly, and even then it seems like it will fall out.

I much rather use my Jabra BT 125 headset on the PS3, but that's just personal preference. Only thing I wish it has is a mute feature like the Sony one.

Oh and also the Sony one you can't use on the PC. :(

damn striker beat me to it.

official ps3 headset(wireless) $50 alone
socom bundle (game + headset) $15-$50 ymmv (usually $30 at target clearances)
endwar bundel (game + headset) $cheep

the jabra headset with warhawk bundle is inferior to ps3 offical wireless one

options include (not rated in any order):
official ps3 wireless headset (best)
official ps3 headset
warhawk headset
eyetoy (seriously)
any bt phone headset
any usb wired headset
turtlebeach x41
turtlebeach ps3 headset (forgot name)
$400 pro audio (forgot name) head on amazon

[quote name='MSUHitman']There are some hardcore players of the game on here but yes the game does suck, however, since the headset by itself sells for $50 MSRP you're getting the headset for $20 cheaper and can make up even more of the cost by just selling the game to Gamestop/EBay/Amazon/Goozex.

The official Sony wireless headset is by far the best one to use on the PS3. The old SOCOM wired headsets, as mentioned by others, are probably second-best.[/QUOTE]

socom doesnt suck (or totally suck). and im not one of those hardcore players yet. they fixed a lot of things with the recent patches. i think it comes down to the question: do you like no spawn fps games? it implies that when you suck at the beginning, you're only playing for a minute and the rest of the match you're watching other people play because you're dead. its can be slow paced and frustrating. Much like golf, where the majority of the time, its pure frustration. but those brief moments of greatness make you forget about the bad ones. but its got a large community and hardcore one here at cag thats very open and inviting.

I love my Logitech cordless Vantage headset... more of a full headset than the cellphone-like BT devices usually used. Rests on my head more stable, especially during some more exciting games that I play lol

So does the PS Eye work as a mic with any game, or does the game need to explicitly say it's compatible with the PS Eye?

For example, LittleBigPlanet uses the Eye for chat (PS Eye is on the back of the box), but Killzone 2 doesn't have it on the box--does it still work?

The PS Eye will work as a mic in any game. I've only had good success with it with push-to-talk games (like warhawk) otherwise it picks up too much extra noise.

bread's done
Back