PS3 Holiday Bundle @ Target

digitalturtle

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Haven't seen this covered anywhere else but I came across the following bundle at Target.

PS3 160 GB with Force Unleashed II and Prince of Persia Blu-Ray for the normal $299 price point. They only had one left in the case when I checked. Not to shabby as they are actually including a new release game and not last years hit.

211kwua.jpg

reminds me of the walmart bundle last year
Dark Knight, Arkham Asylum and Infamous

hopefully other retailers can do better

Not bad....

[quote name='cRodz']reminds me of the walmart bundle last year

hopefully other retailers can do better[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Its a good start but I am not interested in those two bonuses.
I'll see what other retailers do before I bite.

[quote name='shytface']It'd be really hot if you could get em to match hhgregg's pricing error.[/QUOTE]

Well that's still $100 off, vs $84 in games.

Think there will be enough games on sale the next few weeks that the HHGregg thing will still be the best PS3 price.

I thought this was going to be the Toy Story bundle I heard earlier about.

Oh man, I'm really torn now. I would definitely get this, but the Move bundle is calling me as well. I do want a cheap PS3 bundle.

I was also going to wait for the collector's edition of Star Wars the Force Unleashed II to go down or wait for the possibility of an Ultimate Sith Edition 2 to be released in the future. I liked the whole steelbook case thing. Wish empty steelbook cases were sold in-stores.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I thought this was going to be the Toy Story bundle I heard earlier about. [/QUOTE]These bundles are usually retailer exclusive, and I think the Toy Story bundle is for Walmart. Anyone know what the Best Buy one is? I'm guessing we'll see these in next week's ads.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']These bundles are usually retailer exclusive, and I think the Toy Story bundle is for Walmart. Anyone know what the Best Buy one is? I'm guessing we'll see these in next week's ads.[/QUOTE]

The toy story one is definitely at Target...it is in this week's ad....but its odd that they would have two different bundles so close to the holidays, although beheading stormtroopers might not be every parents ideal of awesome if they are buying for younger kids, where the toy story bundle might suit that audience better.

The weird thing is, even after googling for this bundle, this thread is the only thing i can find about it. Not even a press release or official retail listing. Wouldn't Sony even put out a press release?

Heres to hoping for a good 360 bundle, about time i updated to a Slim, might even get Kinect if the bundle gets good enough incentives

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Ugh...no bundles, just drop the fucking price some more already! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Because the competitor's console with a HD is cheaper? The only obscenely overpriced console is the $200 GC.

[quote name='Todd33']Because the competitor's console with a HD is cheaper? The only obscenely overpriced console is the $200 GC.[/QUOTE]

"Overpriced" is quite subjective to say the least. Someone could thoroughly enjoy a specific console's library & it may not be "overpriced" to them. For that matter one could deem the other 2 consoles "overpriced" as well.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']The weird thing is, even after googling for this bundle, this thread is the only thing i can find about it. Not even a press release or official retail listing. Wouldn't Sony even put out a press release?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I looked around for over a day before posting and haven't found anything at all. Could be an early bundle that wasn't supposed to go out on the shelves yet.

Will find out tomorrow if they still have them if I have time.

Didn't see this at one of my local Targets. I didn't see this bundle in the glass case where all the PS3s normally located. I did see the Toy Story bundle's sale sign, but was sold out/empty case as well as the MLB 250GB bundle that has been available for awhile.

Pretty sure it's going to be a Black Friday deal. Why do the bundle at $300 now? I dont know why the hell anyone would want this though. Unless it's also coming with a $50 GC or something.

I'd buy that bundle now if I saw one and had the money. I wouldn't buy it if I knew already what the Kmart bundle or some other retailers' PS3 bundle was better.

Buy now so you won't have to deal with the crowds of Black Friday/early in the morning, the chance of it being sold out, and/or fighting over the last one with another customer just to save an extra $50.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd buy that bundle now if I saw one and had the money. I wouldn't buy it if I knew already what the Kmart bundle or some other retailers' PS3 bundle was better.

Buy now so you won't have to deal with the crowds of Black Friday/early in the morning, the chance of it being sold out, and/or fighting over the last one with another customer just to save an extra $50.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's what I meant. There has to be a better bundle or deal coming along than that. If that was the only bundle then sure I'd take those free extras and sell them.

[quote name='XF Gator']The hhGregg price error was for a 120GB PS3 right? No PMing most likely.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was the 160gb slim.

Not a bad bundle but I already got my PS3. :cool:

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd buy that bundle now if I saw one and had the money. I wouldn't buy it if I knew already what the Kmart bundle or some other retailers' PS3 bundle was better.

Buy now so you won't have to deal with the crowds of Black Friday/early in the morning, the chance of it being sold out, and/or fighting over the last one with another customer just to save an extra $50.[/QUOTE]

LOL last year i went into best buy wanting to get a PS3 but i didnt expect them to have anymore bundles (LBP GOTY and Ratchet and clank ACIT) because i went in at around 4pm, but low and behold, there was one more bundle there. I couldnt believe it! I know it's just my luck, but you never know lol.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']LOL last year i went into best buy wanting to get a PS3 but i didnt expect them to have anymore bundles (LBP GOTY and Ratchet and clank ACIT) because i went in at around 4pm, but low and behold, there was one more bundle there. I couldnt believe it! I know it's just my luck, but you never know lol.[/QUOTE]

I remember last year at my Best Buy they still had one those the following Saturday afternoon. For some reason, I ended up at Best Buy the day after Black Friday.

I'm hoping that's the case this year at any store. I can just walk right in, get what I want without waiting a long time in line like two or so years ago at Best Buy.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Oh my god. Worst Bundle Ever? Thanks for posting though.[/QUOTE]

Until they release a PS3/John Daly Pro Strike Golf/Sex and the City 2 Blu-Ray bundle, I'd have to agree this one's pretty bad.

I'm in the market for a PS3, but I really couldn't care less about the Prince of Persia movie. I'm mildly interested in Force Unleashed II, but it hasn't gotten great reviews, and I know they'll end up doing a bundled edition with DLC in a year's time, just like FU: Sith Edition.

Ideally, I'd really like a bundle with Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition. It's one of the main reasons I want to get a PS3 in the first place.

I think this is a decent bundle, but I think the 360 bundle with the 360 S 250 GB hd, Forza, and Alan Wake download token is the better deal for the same $300 I paid for just my 360 S 250GB.

160 GB PS3 S with a mediocre blu-ray and a short, poorly rated game vs 250 GB 360 S with two relatively new and great first party titles?

I'm really surprised Sony didn't take the opportunity to pack in a 3D blu-ray title with a 3d game and call it the PS3d Pack for the same money as the 360. Perhaps Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 3D + The Sly Cooper Pack (that includes a 3d version of the last game). To ensure complete domination, I'd have also thrown in the camera and one Move controller with a demo disc including one minigame from Sports Champions, a level of Heavy Rain, and preview videos of SOCOM & Killzone 3.

Alas, they went with TFU2 instead. Why is it that I think Little Big Planet 2 or SOCOM were supposed to be the game pack-in and when they were delayed, they scraped together whatever they could find that was new and had any name at all?

I think Sony's miscalculation here is going to cost them a lot of sales.

On the other hand, Microsoft's putting Alan Wake as a pack-in (but not the disc) ensures that the game is in the hands of as many people as possible. If the rumors are true that Remedy is working on a sequel to Alan Wake for Microsoft as an exclusive (again), then this could be their way of getting some free advertisement for that game (since the game sold poorly) in advance of it coming in a year or so (if somehow Remedy learned how to develop a game quicker than 10ish years). Meanwhile, making it a token prevents tons of Alan Wake games from flooding the secondhand market. I expect free downloadable games bundled with the console to become the norm for just this reason.

Just wait till they start integrating it so the console itself ties the game to your account, so you don't even have a token card code to sell on ebay...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Heres to hoping for a good 360 bundle, about time i updated to a Slim, might even get Kinect if the bundle gets good enough incentives[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a forza 3 and alan wake bundle?

My PS# just died today. I want to get a slim ASAP, but I may wait for some BF Bundles....although, I don't really want to wait 2+ weeks for one!

Pretty shitty bundle compare to last year.
Last year they have like 2 great games + a movie. Now a year later, they put in 1 mediocre game + a movie?

[quote name='cRodz']reminds me of the walmart bundle last year

hopefully other retailers can do better[/QUOTE]
Was even better with the 20% bing cashback. Does anybody use bing anymore after they discontinued cashback?

[quote name='sharingan501']can anyone confirm if this this is the official holiday bundle by sony[/QUOTE]

Sony tends to have retailer exclusive bundles for the holidays while Microsoft has one holiday bundle for everyone.

So far it looks like this...

PS3:
Target: 160gb Toy Story Bundle (Toy Story 3: The Game + Toy Story 1 and 2 BD)
Target: 160gb Star Wars Force Unleased II + Prince of Persia BD
Sears: 160gb Uncharted 2 + Karate Kid (2010) BD

Xbox 360:
Holiday Bundle/All Retailers: 250gb Forza 3 + Downloadable Alan Wake

Personally, I'm looking forward to see what all of the retailers have to offer on the PS3 side. I'd really like to get a slim. Thanks op! :bouncy

[quote name='aj slick']Was even better with the 20% bing cashback. Does anybody use bing anymore after they discontinued cashback?[/QUOTE]

Only the toolbar once a week or so for the free MS points ;)

bread's done
Back