PS3 in store at Best Buy B&M now

goldbean

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Three stores in my area (NoVa) received PS3s and starting selling them this morning. I just got back from one of the stores, and I figured I'd post for anyone interested. I was told by a manager that all Best Buys received their shipments last night for sale this morning, but obviously I can't confirm beyond what I know personally (and some may be holding for BF).

Not all employees know about the shipments, so you might have to talk to a manager. Each store in my area received between 18-32 PS3s, with an even split of 20GB and 60GB models.

Good luck.

EDIT: At these stores, limit of 1 per person, and no bundle required.

Went to my local BB during lunch and spotted a guy standing in line with a PS3. I asked an employee if they had any more and he said they had a few left in the back. Too bad I was looking for a Wii.

)-(

Yeah, the 60GB is kind of a ripoff IMO. The 20GB is a better value.

I can't believe this though. I was *JUST* right next to best buy a half hour ago. I didn't even bother going in. Not sure if I should rush back out there (which would cost me at least $5 for gas, etc.)

Holy crap, I just got back from BB and I was able to get a 20 gig ps3! It took me 50 minutes driving time, but I was successful. Thanks OP!

[quote name='thebob101']Holy crap, I just got back from BB and I was able to get a 20 gig ps3! It took me 50 minutes driving time, but I was successful. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Where did you get yours?

If the Atlanta Perimeter BB had any, they aren't there now. All that's left is 4 SixAxis controllers.

I'm guessing the ebay price is going to plummet. I drove by BB during lunch... damn i should have read this before going out.

No luck at the Northridge, CA Best Buy for PS3's or Wii's. Though another guy there said that Wiis were being held until Sunday, but if ps3's had come in we could buy them there and then

Thanks OP...I got back with the 20GB PS3. I had low expectations, but was able to score one. They were all out of the 60GB systems. These guys were really hush hush about it too. I guess it is ok, because I probably would not have been able to get it if they were telling everyone that they had it.

BTW this was at the Merrillville, IN store

Goddammit! All this talk made me try calling the Champaign IL Best Buy again and apparently they DID get some in just after I called the first time and they're all sold out! :bomb:

Are these shipments limited to Best Buy or can we expect other stores to have new stock as well?

[quote name='jarrodn82']why is it going for that much when others are going for around $1200??

how is the seller screwed ??[/quote]

Because its a fake bid. The buyer just does it to mess with the sellers.

I was at the Bestbuy on Howard Street in Evanston, IL and they had 3 or 4 PS3's there around noon today (Wed.).

[quote name='jkg2k3']I was at the Bestbuy on Howard Street in Evanston, IL and they had 3 or 4 PS3's there around noon today (Wed.).[/quote]

ha! i was in the area! but i went to target instead.

oh well!

I went to a store on Long Island and no go. Even spoke to the manager and he said as soon as he get's them and they are processed he will put them out on the floor. He wouldn't tell me he was getting any in today, just that he is supossed to get more anytime in the next few days. He said I was welcome to "hang around" and if / when he get's them he would let me know. I may go back later today to check it out, but he was adament that he wasn't holding any for Black Friday. I called a few other stores and everyone said the same thing, no shipments of ps3 have come in since launch

They just got 16 20 gig PS3's at my local Target (Cypress, CA). They are all gone now, I resisted buying one as I'm waiting for the Wii, but it certainly was a surprise to see the box in the cabinet.

[quote name='thebob101']Laurel, MD BB.[/quote]

Any left in stock?!

[quote name='cleaver']How'd you spend your lunch cleaver? We went to Hooters.

Well I hope you got laid mother fuckers because I just bought a 60 GB PS3 from the Rockville, MD Best Buy![/quote]

ANY LEFT IN STOCK?! AHHH

I am sending my parents out to every BB at this moment, i hope i can snag one!

[quote name='vfxraven19']Anyone in SoCal confirm stores here?[/QUOTE]

I can but they're out of stock in Palmdale.

Here's my story:

Me and a friend walked in, and got some new employee's attention. We ask him if the GM of the store is in (we know the GM personally, nice guy) and we're told no. We ask about PS3's and are told the familiar "we're not getting any in anytime soon."

Another employee comes in, and says "We don't have any."

I asked her if she was sure, we heard there might be some in, and she says "Positive. Our trucks have already arrived and been unloaded."

Then two minutes later, I ask her again, and she says "I heard on the Retail Insider that some Best Buy's are getting some in, but not us."

So we leave and hit Target. Nothing there. I say to my friend, "why not try Best Buy again, maybe we'll get lucky if we ask someone else."

We get there and see two guys almost power walking to the video game department. We kind of hover behind them, trying to see what the rush was. Then they make a beeline to customer service, and we follow. We hear the employee they are talking to get on the phone and ask "How many PS3's did we get in?"

We tell them we were here a short time ago, and told none were in. She says "Don't worry, we got enough for all of you."

So I scored a 60, my friend scored a 60, and the other two guys scored a 60. Then later on, my friend tells his brother about it, and he goes there, and gets the "We're out of stock" from an employee. His brother asks the manager we talked to before, and lo and behold, he got the last one.

Great day for us, thanks to the OP for the info. Oh and by the way, the guy we talked to said he got his info from the Sony boards.

Remember, do not trust employees. Go straight to customer service and ask a GM or manager. They have them in stock.

I walked up to two employees in my BB right as they were looking at the memo on their computer monitor stating "Nov. 22 PS3 allocation blah blah" so I asked them about it and both girls said yeah they had just read this memo for the first time, were surprised but one of them said she was working in the back today and so far nothing had come in but to check back later. I thought about hanging out in the store but that didn't sound like a fun afternoon so I left and will try to pop back in an hour or two, the store's only like 10 minutes away.

[quote name='abhinav']Any left in stock?!

ANY LEFT IN STOCK?! AHHH

I am sending my parents out to every BB at this moment, i hope i can snag one![/quote]

I know there are no more left at the Wheaton, MD BB. Laurel, MD might have a few left. Call and see.

Man. It's really tempting...but it'd be pointless to get one now. I'll wait until the great games come out (FFXIII, MGS4, GT5, etc).

Man. It's really tempting...but it'd be pointless to get one now. I'll wait until the great games come out (FFXIII, MGS4, GT5, etc).

Wow, it looks like the eBay market has changed over the past 5 days. I feel sorry for the people wanting to sell theirs. I admit, I thought of it before but I am keeping mine now.

I see auctions going for less then $1,000 and some have a few games included, lol.

Tacoma Washington Best buy as of 1230pm have 3 in stock i bought the other one. they are 60gb. Funny thing is the sales guy asked"Have you bought ps3 yet?" I said No he said "Good, We are tracking orders on them through ebay and ftc ". I was like oh. I knew he was bsing because I bought a 20gb on saturday. Walked out the door with ps3.

I noticed the ebay auctions last night were pathetic too. I'm SOOOO glad. Ideally I wish those people would lose money.

Store in Myrtle Beach had 12 this morning and then 3 came in during the early afternoon, of course they all sold out quickly.

But......They did get their Memory Card Adapters in today finally 14.99 :) w00t!

[quote name='n00bie']Wow, it looks like the eBay market has changed over the past 5 days. I feel sorry for the people wanting to sell theirs. I admit, I thought of it before but I am keeping mine now.

I see auctions going for less then $1,000 and some have a few games included, lol.[/QUOTE]

It's simmering down exactly like the 360 last year. $300-$400 profit. If you were expecting $3k, then you either listed it on launch day and were lucky, or are in fantasy land. :)

We have one, but we missed the launch day wave. Might try to sell it week before Christmas, otherwise, I'll be watching Ricky Bobby on Dec 25th. :)

Wow, it looks like the eBay market has changed over the past 5 days. I feel sorry for the people wanting to sell theirs.

I don't feel sorry for them at all. Anyone who waited to sell their PS3 on eBay doesn't understand the nature of auction sites: the people willing to pay the most for their consoles are the ones who buy them first. If 400 people are willing to pay $4,000 and up for their PS3, then by and large it will be the first 400 auctions that sell for that price. The same for people willing to spend $3,000, $2,000, and now $1,000.

Considering that, in 6-12 months, these consoles will actually be available for $500-600...you're selling to an audience willing to spend multiple times the in-store price just for the privilege of a few months use (aka, Dumb Ass Gamers).

If you don't sell early, you've practically bought yourself a $600 beanie baby.

[quote name='portnoyd']It's simmering down exactly like the 360 last year. $300-$400 profit. If you were expecting $3k, then you either listed it on launch day and were lucky, or are in fantasy land. :)

We have one, but we missed the launch day wave. Might try to sell it week before Christmas, otherwise, I'll be watching Ricky Bobby on Dec 25th. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read someone that waited in line sold theirs for $5200 and the guy actually paid right away, but that was total luck. The guy must have been rich or stupid (or both, lol).

[quote name='n00bie']Yeah, I read someone that waited in line sold theirs for $5200 and the guy actually paid right away, but that was total luck. The guy must have been rich or stupid (or both, lol).[/QUOTE]

Kinda crazy how rich and stupid goes hand in hand, huh? You'd think it'd be the opposite.

[quote name='Kendro']No PS3's in Staten Island. I have a feeling the manager is telling all the employees to hush it up because they are saving it for Black Friday. At least that is what I think because either all the employees are stuttering when asked about PS3 or they are holding something back.[/quote]

On a hunch, I called back 3 hours later and it turns out PS3 consoles were indeed in stock. They were just stuck in the back and weren't processed till later this evening. I walked out with a 60 GB PS3 and also created a Reward Zone account ($600 FTW). This is the one on Richmond Avenue guys.

No dice at my BB. Went back in this afternoon and the girl I talked to earlier said she was told by the manager that the truck wouldn't be arriving today and that it would either come in overnight or Friday morning with the PS3's. Either way it looks like they will be available Black Friday. Gah, just what I want to do, go back to that store on friggin' Black Friday morning.

[quote name='lawdood']No dice at my BB. Went back in this afternoon and the girl I talked to earlier said she was told by the manager that the truck wouldn't be arriving today and that it would either come in overnight or Friday morning with the PS3's. Either way it looks like they will be available Black Friday. Gah, just what I want to do, go back to that store on friggin' Black Friday morning.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what I heard. Until you actually talk to the manager, I'd press on for more info.

[quote name='IXISIXI']ALL STORES SOLD OUT and two of them lied to me.[/quote]

BB in Downey, CA are a bunch of no-good liars too. One employee even tricked me and had me going for a half a minute until I found out he was "just kidding." I think someone needs to get fired.

bread's done
Back