PS3 Launch List Leaked?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.gamereports.com/news/4109/

gr.image.jpg

Oh no!!! They are mostly sports games, fps games, and racing games. Lots of ports/multi-console titles too. :D

PS Its fun to be ignorant.

[quote name='Spades22']Those are CRAPPY launch titles.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be a lot better then the ps1 and ps2 launch titles.

[quote name='Spades22']Those are CRAPPY launch titles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PS2 Launch Titles']Armored Core 2 (Agetec, Action)
DOA2: Hardcore (Tecmo, Fighting)
Dynasty Warriors 2 (Koei, Action)
ESPN International Track and Field (Konami, Sports)
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding (Konami, Sports)
Eternal Ring (Agetec, RPG)
Evergrace (Agetec, RPG)
FantaVision (SCEI, Puzzle)
Gun Griffon Blaze (Working Designs, Action)
Kessen (EA, Adventure)
Madden NFL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Midnight Club (Rockstar, Racing)
Moto GP (Namco, Racing)
NHL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Orphen (Activision, RPG)
Q-Ball Billiards Master (Take-Two Interactive, Simulation)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Midway, Sports)
Ridge Racer V (Namco, Racing)
Silent Scope (Konami, Shooter)
Smuggler's Run (Rockstar, Racing-Adventure)
SSX (EA, Sports)
Street Fighter EX3 (Capcom, Fighting)
Summoner (THQ, RPG)
Swing Away (Paradise Golf in Japan) (EA, Sports)
Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco, fighting)
TimeSplitters (Eidos, First-Person Shooter)
Unreal Tournament (Infogrames, First-Person Shooter)
Wild Wild Racing (Interplay, Racing)
X-Squad (EA, Action) [/quote]

[quote name='PSX Launch Titles']Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Kileak - The DNA Imperative
NBA JAM Tournament Edition
Raiden Project
Rayman
Ridge Racer
Street Fighter:
The Movie[/quote]

Shaddup, you.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Seems to be a lot better then the ps1 and ps2 launch titles.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. By far. However it's still a pretty horrible launch list. Most of the good titles are multiplatform. The only game I can't play elsewhere that interests me is R:FoM, but even that isn't set in stone as an exclusive title.

I guess I've just been spoiled by the 360 being the only next-gen console last year and the Wii having a couple exclusives this year that should be good.

That said, if the PS3 launched first and this was it's list, it'd be absolutely amazing.

Well look at it this way. If someone knew they were going to buy a PS3 over a 360 and waited, Elder Scrolls IV is a big, big game especially if the free downloadable content is all included in the package. It's also a really good game. I know not a lot of people are going to get excited over it, but Elder Scrolls IV is a big game for a lot of people.

I think the launch line-up looks "much stronger" then what was hinted at. F.E.A.R. and Oblivion are both next generation games that most people consider truly next gen. Fall of Man looks a lot better then say Perfect Dark Zero did at this stage. Genji could be good.....maybe.....possibly.....a fighters chance, but will probably end up being Kameo this time around. The same can be said about the Gundam game.

In short, this is a relatively good launch. It's the best offering that Sony has ever had, and stands stronger on paper then the 360 launch. Granted, a lot of the games are ports, but there is a real variety in the games (lots of RPGs, non-FPS shooters). There is no Halo/Mario 64 in the launch line-up, but I see there's a good number of games that people won't regret buying a week or two later. The big question now remains "where's the online network Sony?" Depending on how good the online play is, Sony might have a system worth having before March.

Though this is a very positive outlook on things. I could (and partly want to) see Sony's launch crash and burn with a ton of badly buggy games, systems that catch on fire, and acompletely broken online network. Well, it's a month away so we'll see.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']R:FoM, but even that isn't set in stone as an exclusive title.[/quote]
How do you figure that? It's a first-party title, from a developer who's never made a game for anything but a Sony console. I think that's pretty much set in stone.

Its a great launch list for people that dont own a 360. Imagine last year this launch list for 360 you guys would have creamed your fucking
pants.

Those are CRAPPY launch titles.

who is this queer?

as for them being leaked you can get that list anywhere. GS/EB is where that list is from and that thing changes everyday.

yeah, not really leak. They print this list out a few weeks ago if you ask to preorder a game so they can notify you when the ps3 and wii preorders were out (which they never did... assholes)

and the first thing that came to my mind "wow there are no good games at launch for EITHER console"

[quote name='Maynard']Its a great launch list for people that dont own a 360. Imagine last year this launch list for 360 you guys would have creamed your fucking
pants.
[/quote]

Except of course now you can choose between a 360 with an abundance of titles or this.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Except of course now you can choose between a 360 with an abundance of titles or this.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't know that. He was too busy buttfucking Jenna Jameson in a truckstop bathroom.

I agree that it isn't a great lineup if you own an X360, but I think it's an exceptionally great one if you do not. Sonic, Tony Hawk, Rainbow Six, Oblivion, Resistance, etc. So, I'd say there's plenty to keep you busy if you don't own an X360. If you do, you probably weren't likely to buy a launch system anyway, or at least not be swayed by the launch lineup.

[quote name='elwood731']I agree that it isn't a great lineup if you own an X360, but I think it's an exceptionally great one if you do not. Sonic, Tony Hawk, Rainbow Six, Oblivion, Resistance, etc. So, I'd say there's plenty to keep you busy if you don't own an X360. If you do, you probably weren't likely to buy a launch system anyway, or at least not be swayed by the launch lineup.[/quote]

Well put. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Oh shut the fuck up with that shit, "Most of the good titles are non exclusive!"

Oh what the hell. The top 360 games at launch were Oblivion and Call of Duty... Those werent exclusive yet everyone still praised them.

I agree that it isn't a great lineup if you own an X360, but I think it's an exceptionally great one if you do not. Sonic, Tony Hawk, Rainbow Six, Oblivion, Resistance, etc. So, I'd say there's plenty to keep you busy if you don't own an X360. If you do, you probably weren't likely to buy a launch system anyway, or at least not be swayed by the launch lineup.

I own a 360 and am getting a PS3. I want some games that are exclusive already..

I've not been satisfied with 360.

What the fuck great titles does it have!??? Am I the only person that sees this?
You mean PGR and Kameo and Dead Rising?! Those arent great! They are ok! O_O!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh shut the fuck up with that shit, "Most of the good titles are non exclusive!"

Oh what the hell. The top 360 games at launch were Oblivion and Call of Duty... Those werent exclusive yet everyone still praised them.

I own a 360 and am getting a PS3. I want some games that are exclusive already..

What the fuck great titles does it have!??? Am I the only person that sees this?
You mean PGR and Kameo and Dead Rising?! Those arent great! They are ok! O_O![/quote]

I agree entirely. There are really only about 3-4 games for 360 that interest me AT ALL. One of them being Oblivion, which I could play on PC or PS3 anyway. All the other ones I WAS interested in have turned out to be major flops (Ninety-Nine Nights, Perfect Dark, Bomberman, so on)

Going back to the PS3, I count about 20 games that I REALLY want to play, all coming out in the next 7 months.

Overall, the Playstation lineup simply has more games and franchises that I enjoy.

Launch lineups have traditionally been filled with hastily thrown together ports and so-so games. No ne should be surprised that the line up is peppered with EA multi platform games and other ports. I am still not sold on the PS3, but the launch line up is pretty nice. I am adopting a wait and see attitude. If I did not have a 360 already, it would be a pretty exciting line up. To say otherwise seems a little silly.

according to that list... there is nothing to classify as a must have....so, I guess i'll store my income tax check and wait for at least 1 game that i can't get on the 360.... hopefully there is alot more to come before june....

I'm not ponying up the dough for a PS3.. but although many of those games are multiplatform, at least Sony has a decent # of launch games. However.. I think the lack of multiplayer is going to hurt them.

I will say this though.. Lair looks great so far. I'm really wanting to see what Factor 5 comes up with in a non-Star Wars game. From what I've seen so far, it reminds me of Panzer Dragoon a little. Also, I'm curious as to how Oblivion will run on the PS3 in comparison to the 360/PC.

Great launch for people who dont have a 360, Resistence looks like a good game... now it just needs to drop in price fast.

You can't argue (to the people a couple posts under mine in page 1) That this launch doesn't suck because a different console sucks more. This one is crap, the other one is DOUBLE CRAP! :lol:

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Seems to be a lot better then the ps1 and ps2 launch titles.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

That says a lot!

This list should quell any criticism people are getting for putting their systems on eBay at launch, what a bunch of crap.

[quote name='mik']How do you figure that? It's a first-party title, from a developer who's never made a game for anything but a Sony console. I think that's pretty much set in stone.[/QUOTE]

http://blogs.ign.com/Ted-Insomniac/2006/10/09/33075/

Don't have time to find the exact quote, but I believe it's in there. Just about how they call themselves first-party but aren't really and they've always had the option to go elsewhere they just haven't. I don't think that's set in stone at all.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']http://blogs.ign.com/Ted-Insomniac/2006/10/09/33075/

Don't have time to find the exact quote, but I believe it's in there. Just about how they call themselves first-party but aren't really and they've always had the option to go elsewhere they just haven't. I don't think that's set in stone at all.[/QUOTE]
There's a difference between who they can develop for and who they prefer to develop for. He explains the whole thing right at the end:

MM3_Chamuel posted in the IGN forums:

"I was shocked the other day to find out that Insomniac is completely independent, but shares a good relationship with Sony, so they continue to develop on their platform. My question is, with Insom making arguably the best game for the PS3's launch lineup, why haven't they been acquired yet."

Hi MM3_Chamuel. I posted your question here because it was one of many in an interesting thread you started about us (http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8267/126627712/p1). Besides your question there were a few others worth answering. And so I'll do it here:

Have you developed on other platforms?

Yes, we started out on 3DO even though all of our games have been released on Sony platforms.

Does Sony have a financial stake in Insomniac?

Nope. Sony has no ownership or financial stake in us.

Why are you guys called "first party" when you're not owned by Sony?

We work directly with the first party divisions at SCEA, SCEE and SCEI. These divisions are responsible for Sony-published titles whether or not the developer is a part of Sony. Therefore even though I guess we're technically "second party" (or perhaps even "third party" since agreed-upon definitions don't seem to exist) we've always used the term "first party." I realize that it gets pretty confusing. Also, if we had to, we could always move to another platform or another publisher. That's one of the benefits of being independent. But it doesn't make a whole lot of business sense for us to do that. For those who want to know more about these "party" terns, wikipedia has some definitions here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_party though these kind of definitions are a bit fluid. Phyrexia also had a good explanation with examples in the Insomniac/Sony relationship thread. Metdasun also has some very good posts on the same thread about the differences between 2nd party companies like GameFreak & HAL and companies like Insomniac & Suckerpunch.

Has Sony been the only publisher you've worked with? Are you truly independent?

Disruptor was published by Universal Interactive Studios. Spyro the Dragon, Spyro: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon were marketed and distributed by Sony but Universal was officially our publisher on the deal and retained the rights to the IP. It wasn't until Ratchet & Clank on PS2 that we had a direct developer/publisher relationship with Sony even though we had been working with them since around 1996. As I state above, being independent means that you always have the option to go to another publisher if things don't work out. But working directly with Sony has been great and there has been no reason for us to go elsewhere since we began "officially" working with them in 2000. We have an incredible amount of freedom in terms of what we develop and how we do it - Sony has never tried to force our hand creatively. Plus I don't envy those who are constantly changing publishers - it's a lot of work and takes time away from making great games. We're fortunate to have an excellent relationship with our current publisher and very fair deals, so why throw that out the window?

Did Sony ever approach Insomniac for acquisition?

Nope. Not once. Not twice. I don't know where that rumor started.

Why doesn’t Sony buy Insomniac?

A) We're not interested in selling, B) they're probably not interested in buying and C) if it ain't broke, don't fix it! As Spitkicker pointed out with the last post to that thread, there is a lot of trust between the two companies - we definitely have an "old school" way of doing business together and it works well.

here is what I plan on buying this holiday season out of the big 3 systems

Playstation 3
Resistance

Wii
The Legend of Zelda Twlight Princess
Red Steel

Gears of War
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Rainbow Six Vegas
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007

Then I am prob going to pick up Call of Duty 3, and FEAR, but not sure yet if im getting it for 360 or PS3.

So as you can see the PS3 launch games are kind of meh for me, and the only title that interests me is Resistance. However as we move onto next year, and beyond there will be plenty of Sony games I will be interested in

Final Fantasy XIII
Metal Gear Solid 4
Assassins Creed (prob going to get PS3 version over 360)
Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil 5 (same deal, prob going for the PS3 version)
Lair
Warhawk
Ratchet and Clank PS3
Tekken 6

and I hope they do something for God of War II similar to Halo 2, that enhances it when you play it on your PS3.

Can someone please tell me what "OLC" means on the list? I'm guessing it has something to do with online, but not sure.

[quote name='Spades22']Those are CRAPPY launch titles.[/quote]

lol wow just say the launch title list and it seems there are only 3 games you cant get on the wii or 360 pretty sad I must say

1. Genji: Days of the Blade (Sony)
  2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (Namco Bandai Games)
  3. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (Sony Online Entertainment)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh shut the fuck up with that shit, "Most of the good titles are non exclusive!"

You mean PGR and Kameo and Dead Rising?! Those arent great! They are ok! O_O![/QUOTE]
Oblivion wasn't a launch title.

How do you know that the PS3 is going to have all these great exclusive titles? How do you know they won't turn out to be just "ok!"?

As for the actual list, the only game at launch I'm intrested in is R:FoM, but I hear from Cheapy, it ain't so hot. So I dunno yet what I will get for my PS3 at launch.

While the PlayStation 3 and 360 versions of Assassin's Creed are virtually identical, Raymond did say that on the 360 the team is putting a special emphasis on Achievements. And while the 360 hardware enables Ubisoft's team to use multiple threads to enhance the crowd's AI, the end result for the game on both systems will be the same. "While the method for distributing AI load is different on each platform, the AI code itself is the same. Players will experience the exact same crowd results on PS3 and Xbox360," Ubisoft explained.

AI wise they are the same
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/736/736325p1.html

I didn't realize Warhawk and Assassin's Creed were as far back on the list as they were.

Of course, my two launch titles are Resistance and Full Auto 2. Between them and fighting with the wife over her probably playing Zelda non-stop, I'm going to be without any free time or cash this fall/winter.... but the gaming goodness? It seems to never end. :whistle2:D

bread's done
Back