PS3/PSP game clearance at SonyStyle B&M

czissis

CAGiversary!
I found some decent clearance games at the SonyStyle stores in Aventura and Boca Raton FL. Manager said that the games went on sale a few days ago and should be chainwide. Nothing to spectacular but definitely worth checking out to round out the collection.

:ps3:
Tom Clancy's HAWX2 - $5
Singularity - $10
50 Cent Blood on the Sand - $5
GTA IV GH - $10
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $10

Plenty more, but I wasn't interested or had most of them so I can't recall them.

Also a decent selection of PSP titles, wasn't interested so I can't remember any of those either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much of interest in the store here, though one thing that I saw of note was Pixel Junk Monsters for PSP for $2.99. That's a really good deal if you can find it in your local store (alas, I already have it).

I saw the following at the store at the San Marcos, TX outlets:

PS3
Folklore $5
Genji Days of the Blade $5

PSP
Jeanne D'arc $5 (had 5 copies)

They had more PS3/PSP titles at $5 clearance but most were old sports games, movie tie-in games, or other crappy games.

I bought the following at the Jersey Shore Outlets:

For PSP

Final Fantasy Dissidia(last one) 7.97
Ace Combat Joint Assault 9.97
Pixel Junk Monsters 2.97
Secret Agent Clank 4.97
MLB The Show 10 4.97
SW Battlefront Elite Squadron 4.97
Motorstorm Arctic Edge(last one) 4.97
Patapon 2 2.97
Star Ocean: Second Evolution 2.97
GTA Chinatown Wars 4.97
Lego Batman 4.97
Fat Princess 4.97

For PS3

HAWX 2 4.97

[quote name='madmij']I bought the following at the Jersey Shore Outlets:

For PSP

Final Fantasy Dissidia(last one) 7.97
Ace Combat Joint Assault 9.97
Pixel Junk Monsters 2.97
Secret Agent Clank 4.97
MLB The Show 10 4.97
SW Battlefront Elite Squadron 4.97
Motorstorm Arctic Edge(last one) 4.97
Patapon 2 2.97
Star Ocean: Second Evolution 2.97
GTA Chinatown Wars 4.97
Lego Batman 4.97
Fat Princess 4.97

For PS3

HAWX 2 4.97[/QUOTE]

DAMN! Thats a great haul :) Going to check out NYC store, but doubt theyll have much

Sony Style "Outlets" ,.,.,.,.,.,.,., OUTLETS!!! nearest one is 2 hour drive way form home.......................... what about JUST a Sony style store? not the outlets.
same price?

[quote name='onyzukae']Sony Style "Outlets" ,.,.,.,.,.,.,., OUTLETS!!! nearest one is 2 hour drive way form home.......................... what about JUST a Sony style store? not the outlets.
same price?[/QUOTE]
I went to an outlet location here in San Diego, CA and a "regular" SonyStyle and the prices were the same.

If anyone is able to pick up a non-greatest hits copy of Chinatown Wars and would be interested in trading it for something let me know. No SonyStyle stores around here.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']If you pick up Sonic, lemme know how it is. I've been eyeing picking it up with MUA2 for $30 from Walmart.com for centuries.

Also, I've never seen a SonyStyle ever. Closest one is only 7 miles away? Damn. Next closest one is 31 miles, then 50.[/QUOTE]

Didn't find the Sonic. I did get some game called L-A-I-R for $4.97 :)! LMAO! Not sure why I got it...:booty:They have some other games in their $10 and under section($4.9x/$5.9x/$9.9x).

I did see SSFIV for $14.9x, but I got it from Target, a few days ago, for $14.98.

[quote name='onyzukae']Sony Style "Outlets" ,.,.,.,.,.,.,., OUTLETS!!! nearest one is 2 hour drive way form home.......................... what about JUST a Sony style store? not the outlets.
same price?[/QUOTE]

Both stores I went to were normal stores. Not outlets.

[quote name='Wapcaplet']Picked up Sonic at the Glendale CA store. The price sticker still said $19.99 but rang up at $10.[/QUOTE]

nothin else?? like.. there is no 5$ things?

Fairly massive selection of PS3 games for $5-10 in Copley Square in Boston. More Lairs, Singularity, and Folklore than I could count.

I ended up only getting HAWX2. It was the last copy and actually was the open display one. I know I'm probably just flipping it on Amazon after a day or two so I wasn't concerned.

[quote name='czissis']I found some decent clearance games at the SonyStyle stores in Aventura and Boca Raton FL. Manager said that the games went on sale a few days ago and should be chainwide. Nothing to spectacular but definitely worth checking out to round out the collection.

:ps3:
Tom Clancy's HAWX2 - $5
Singularity - $10
50 Cent Blood on the Sand - $5
GTA IV GH - $10
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $10

Plenty more, but I wasn't interested or had most of them so I can't recall them.

Also a decent selection of PSP titles, wasn't interested so I can't remember any of those either.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Boca Raton Store and saw the following PS3 games in addition to many more:

Assassins Creed 2
GTA4
Lucha Libre
PES 2010
NFS - Shift
Tekken
MLB 07 The Show
MLB 08 The Show
TNA Impact
R.U.S.E.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
NBA 2K10, NBA '09 The Inside and other nba games
Hot shots golf
Lair
Skate
50 cent
Singularity

Do you remember any games in Aventura? I'm looking for soccer and tennis games? It's a 22 mile trip and I'm wondering if it's worth driving down.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']I went to the Boca Raton Store and saw the following PS3 games in addition to many more:

Assassins Creed 2
GTA4
Lucha Libre
PES 2010
NFS - Shift
Tekken
MLB 07 The Show
MLB 08 The Show
TNA Impact
R.U.S.E.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
NBA 2K10, NBA '09 The Inside and other nba games
Hot shots golf
Lair
Skate
50 cent
Singularity

Do you remember any games in Aventura? I'm looking for soccer and tennis games? It's a 22 mile trip and I'm wondering if it's worth driving down.[/QUOTE]

It was a much smaller selection, only about 1 shelf. I know there was at least 1 wrestling game, a few GTA IVs, then some sports games.

Oh and quite a few Tekken.

[quote name='czissis']It was a much smaller selection, only about 1 shelf. I know there was at least 1 wrestling game, a few GTA IVs, then some sports games.

Oh and quite a few Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll skip driving to Aventura. Boca had 4 shelves and Lair, Tekken and NBA were all over them. I don't think one shelf will have any other games besides the ones you mentioned.

guys...i went to sony style store at berverly center mall Los Angeles.,CA

i got 10 copy of (psp)star ocean:second evolution .. .dont know why..2.97 each
(psp)phantasy star portable 9.99
(ps3) The club 4.97
(ps3) Dante's inferno 9.99

there still a LOT of games on sale.

tomorrow i will check other stores..

thanks for OP guys!

[quote name='onyzukae']
i got 10 copy of (psp)star ocean:second evolution .. .dont know why..2.97 each
[/QUOTE]

To prevent any else from getting a good deal and enjoying the game, perchance?

[quote name='dinovelvet']To prevent any else from getting a good deal and enjoying the game, perchance?[/QUOTE]

they still have more then 10 copy sweetheart.. chill...

LOL parKer! If someone buys too much of something, I go check the Trade-In Value! Thanks for that link!

I haven't done any trade-ins and I haven't dealt with Amazon, but I may go check for these!

it's because....... I am a fan of STAR OCEAN!
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']LOL! I checked to see why you got so many of those "star ocean:second evolution". I see! I see!!!! LOL![/QUOTE]

I picked up a boatload of stuff at the store in the Comcast building in Philly...

PSP
2.97 SW Battlefront 2, Locoroco 2, patapon 2, pixel junk monsters, star ocean

4.97 motorstorm arctic edge, Chinatown wars, Lego batman, justice league heroes, resistance retribution, tiger woods 10

PS3
4.97 RUSE, heavenly sword, hawx 2
9.97 singularity

They had tons more left...

[quote name='onyzukae']nothin else?? like.. there is no 5$ things?[/QUOTE]
None of the price tags at Glendale were changed to reflect the sale, and the aloof employees didn't look interested in ringing up a bunch of games behind a locked glass case. They didn't have any of the $5 games in the case, as far as I could see.

Wish I could find a copy of Folklore for $5.

Went to look for Hawx 2 and they didn't have any, but I didn't walk out empty handed:

Buzz Quiz World (game only) - 4.97
LOTR Aragorn's Quest - 9.97
Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet - 9.97

When I asked to get MSSS from the cabinet, the two guys who helped me each hoarded a copy for themselves...lol

I went to sony style store(Glandale.,CA) today. I god
PSP
Smackdown vs RAW
Mana Khemia x 2
Soul Calibur
Silent Hill: SM x 2
GTA:VC STORIES (non GH)
Star Wars :battlefront

ALL 4.97

PS3
Bayoneta
Resident Evil
50 cent

not bad..

If anyone picked up an extra (Black Label) Star Ocean: Second Departure and would be generous enough to ship it to me for $10 PayPal, please let me know. Thanks!

i checked my local sony store, small collection of games, droppin by tomorrow to pick some up i think, if anyone wants anything, just pm me the name and i can try to grab it for u

yea, are these prices reflected across all stores? i saw some of these games that were shown to be like 10 when ppl have found it for 5, etc

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']If anyone picked up an extra (Black Label) Star Ocean: Second Departure and would be generous enough to ship it to me for $10 PayPal, please let me know. Thanks![/QUOTE]

That will be a long shot considering the guy in this thread who picked up extra-extra-extra copies has obvious plans on reselling and tipped off everyone else of the game's current value. Good luck.

Stopped by Pleasant Prairie, WI and didn't see much unfortunately. Grabbed Gran Turismo and Ace Combat. Was hoping for Buzz World, but couldn't find one :(

[quote name='parKer']That will be a long shot considering the guy in this thread who picked up extra-extra-extra copies has obvious plans on reselling and tipped off everyone else of the game's current value. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I figure there's no harm in throwing the question out there; there's always a chance that a kind-hearted CAG will find one and be willing to help another CAG out.

In my (perhaps naive) opinion, this site is supposed to be for Cheap-Ass-Gamers, where we all are having fun on the lookout for good deals while pitying the uninformed masses who pay MSRP. I understand the urge to try to make a profit -- I'm not asking anyone to start handing out games for free -- but if you happen to be in a position to help out a fellow CAG, why not support our little community?

And to the mass resellers: If you've got 10+ copies hoping to sell to the uninformed masses, is it really that hard to spare 1 or 2 for CAGs as a way of giving back to the community? Even evil corporations like Microsoft donate to charities as a way of giving back! (disclaimer: Microsoft is not truly an evil corporation; it was selected -- although not at random! :D -- as an example in good fun)

ragingstorm6: STOP BEGGING... you sound like a moron. People on here aren't corporations and they dont have any responsibility to the "Community". The only responsibility is to contribute by informing others of a deal. Most people on here are probably "cheap" ass gamers because they are strapped for money. Your opinion is stupid, good day sir.

[quote name='Bong']ragingstorm6: STOP BEGGING... you sound like a moron. People on here aren't corporations and they dont have any responsibility to the "Community". The only responsibility is to contribute by informing others of a deal. Most people on here are probably "cheap" ass gamers because they are strapped for money. Your opinion is stupid, good day sir.[/QUOTE]

No offense there, Mr. March 2011, but that's not the way it used to be around here. I've helped CAGs out in the past and I've had CAGs help me out in the past, but that doesn't seem to be the way it is anymore. It's really kind of sad things have gone so far in that direction that a "CAG in Training" would feel justified in giving someone a lecture.

I'd help you out if I could, ragingstorm6, but the store here didn't have any copies of that one.

Did anybody visit the one at Somerset in Michigan and find anything decent? I'm looking for White Knight Chronicles but its a bit of a drive for me.

[quote name='Bong']ragingstorm6: STOP BEGGING... you sound like a moron. People on here aren't corporations and they dont have any responsibility to the "Community". The only responsibility is to contribute by informing others of a deal. Most people on here are probably "cheap" ass gamers because they are strapped for money. Your opinion is stupid, good day sir.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for making it very clear where you stand on the "helping a CAG out" issue. I'll be sure to give you a hand if you ever make a request for help -- Oh, wait, I won't be able to help you out because I've added you to my IGNORE list and your posts will automatically be hidden from now on! How tragic!

Pro-tip #1: There is sarcasm embedded somewhere in the last couple of sentences! :D
Pro-tip #2: You can add someone to your IGNORE list by left-clicking on his/her user name and selecting "Ignore ____" from the resulting drop-down menu.

[quote name='arcane93']No offense there, Mr. March 2011, but that's not the way it used to be around here. I've helped CAGs out in the past and I've had CAGs help me out in the past, but that doesn't seem to be the way it is anymore. It's really kind of sad things have gone so far in that direction that a "CAG in Training" would feel justified in giving someone a lecture.

I'd help you out if I could, ragingstorm6, but the store here didn't have any copies of that one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping an eye out on my behalf! It's nice to know that there are still people willing to help out if they could.

arcane93: So you've helped others out? so what? does that mean EVERYONE ELSE is RESPONSIBLE for doing the same? Think before you type. Pass that on to your weird nerdy friend who added me to his ignore list... sad

bread's done
Back