PS3/PSP game clearance at SonyStyle B&M

czissis

CAGiversary!
I found some decent clearance games at the SonyStyle stores in Aventura and Boca Raton FL. Manager said that the games went on sale a few days ago and should be chainwide. Nothing to spectacular but definitely worth checking out to round out the collection.

:ps3:
Tom Clancy's HAWX2 - $5
Singularity - $10
50 Cent Blood on the Sand - $5
GTA IV GH - $10
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $10

Plenty more, but I wasn't interested or had most of them so I can't recall them.

Also a decent selection of PSP titles, wasn't interested so I can't remember any of those either.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bong']arcane93: So you've helped others out? so what? does that mean EVERYONE ELSE is RESPONSIBLE for doing the same? Think before you type. Pass that on to your weird nerdy friend who added me to his ignore list... sad[/QUOTE]

You really are a jackass, I'm adding you to my ignore list as well.

[quote name='waxHead']You really are a jackass, I'm adding you to my ignore list as well.[/QUOTE]

That guy is good at getting himself on a lot of shitlists at once, isn't he?

[quote name='georox']That guy is good at getting himself on a lot of shitlists at once, isn't he?[/QUOTE]

It's been said that everyone is good at something.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']

[quote name='ivana89']anyone visit the gilroy, CA location (SF bay area/ SJ) recently?
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...entifier=S_Map_Stores&storeName=Gilroy_Outlet
care to post any titles & prices? i live +80mi away. TIA.[/QUOTE]

Im curious about this location as well. I might be able to get there this weekend, but itd be nice to hear what they have before driving.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kouleefoh']has anyone checked out the Sony Stores in Palo Alto and Santa Clara, CA? might take a trip there this weekend.[/QUOTE]

does anyone know if this sale is at retail (PAlto, SClara) only, or are outlets (Gilroy) included? sorry if this has already been answered.

[quote name='kouleefoh']has anyone checked out the Sony Stores in Palo Alto and Santa Clara, CA? might take a trip there this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I didn't see any of the $5 or less games at the Santa Clara store last week, but then again I was only looking for 2 specific games. Stanford us out if my way, so I don't know what's there.

[quote name='ivana89']does anyone know if this sale is at retail (PAlto, SClara) only, or are outlets (Gilroy) included? sorry if this has already been answered.[/QUOTE]
Some one went to Gilroy and listed all the games he saw there with prices, look back a few pages.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I'm pretty sure I didn't see any of the $5 or less games at the Santa Clara store last week, but then again I was only looking for 2 specific games. Stanford us out if my way, so I don't know what's there.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks. I guess I'll check out Stanford tomorrow and report back.

[quote name='Bong']arcane93: So you've helped others out? so what? does that mean EVERYONE ELSE is RESPONSIBLE for doing the same? Think before you type. Pass that on to your weird nerdy friend who added me to his ignore list... sad[/QUOTE]

No, asswipe, it means there's no reason for you to come in here and be a dick. It means that there's nothing wrong with thinking of CAG as a community and helping each other out once in a while. It doesn't mean that you have to -- you want to be a selfish little prick, that's nobody's business but your own. No one said that you or anyone else is "responsible" for shit. But if he wants to ask -- the general community, not you personally -- there's nothing wrong with him doing so. It's not like he posted again and again begging for it; he posted once, and then replied to someone's direct response to him. I mean yeah, if he started whining about it on every page, that would be different and might merit a response like yours. But that's not what happened.

So why don't you think before you type? Better yet, noob, why don't you take a little time to get to know the CAG community before you start jumping in and giving other people shit about what they post?

but CAG is all about community and helping each other out. There is CAG fund toward Japanese relief, and I'm sure there were others. Every time a CAG posted a deal, he's helping the rest of the forum. When someone goes to the store and comes back and listed the price/games they've found, that's helping also.

so Bong, stop being a jerk. The guy wasn't even "begging", he simply just asked. He wasn't being malicious when nobody offered to help either. Not sure why you got your panties up in a bunch.

I just LOLed at you arcane. I dont care at all about any of this. I hope this causes more rants... funny stuff

the store in Camarillo, CA has about 6 copies of Folklore left, a bunch of tekken, genesis collection and some others too.

PSP selection was pretty weak, no Star Ocean or Mana Khemia

[quote name='Bong']I just LOLed at you arcane. I dont care at all about any of this. I hope this causes more rants... funny stuff[/QUOTE]

I really want to reach out and hit a Bong right now ;)

Ok so, I checked my store, I'm not sure but i dont think these prices are reflected across all stores, or the prices have gone up. I can pick up some copies of games IF they have it in stock if ppl want (some might have dmged seals like slight rips but still technically sealed?) Does anyone think they can get some games for me if they find some extra copies? Games would be... 50 cent: blood on the sand, Star Ocean, White Knight Chronicles, Secret Agent Clank, Genji Days of teh Blade, Dante's Inferno. (All non-GH and nothing wrong with the actual casing. If possible, no messed up packaging either --- I know i'm asking for a lot but i'm willing (as if there was a choice XD) to compensate for time spent :) )

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I figure there's no harm in throwing the question out there; there's always a chance that a kind-hearted CAG will find one and be willing to help another CAG out.

In my (perhaps naive) opinion, this site is supposed to be for Cheap-Ass-Gamers, where we all are having fun on the lookout for good deals while pitying the uninformed masses who pay MSRP. I understand the urge to try to make a profit -- I'm not asking anyone to start handing out games for free -- but if you happen to be in a position to help out a fellow CAG, why not support our little community?

And to the mass resellers: If you've got 10+ copies hoping to sell to the uninformed masses, is it really that hard to spare 1 or 2 for CAGs as a way of giving back to the community? Even evil corporations like Microsoft donate to charities as a way of giving back! (disclaimer: Microsoft is not truly an evil corporation; it was selected -- although not at random! :D -- as an example in good fun)[/QUOTE]

Naive, yes. Stupid and moronic, no. My only feedback is for a transaction with a Canadian CAG where I helped him get a copy of a DS game. With the profit earned from flipping/trading and the cost of time/gas, it's just hard to find someone willing to support the CAG community the way you asked. I only commented about it being a long shot because some are seeking that PSP game not to play but to resell.

[quote name='Bong']ragingstorm6: STOP BEGGING... you sound like a moron. People on here aren't corporations and they dont have any responsibility to the "Community". The only responsibility is to contribute by informing others of a deal. Most people on here are probably "cheap" ass gamers because they are strapped for money. Your opinion is stupid, good day sir.[/QUOTE]

You could have worded that differently and maybe people would have been more receptive to your valid points.

[quote name='parKer']Naive, yes. Stupid and moronic, no. My only feedback is for a transaction with a Canadian CAG where I helped him get a copy of a DS game. With the profit earned from flipping/trading and the cost of time/gas, it's just hard to find someone willing to support the CAG community the way you asked. I only commented about it being a long shot because some are seeking that PSP game not to play but to resell.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my response to your original comment(and the emphasis on being Gamers and helping each other out) wasn't a dig at you; I originally had a much longer rant against resellers, but decided to tone it down. I apologize if it sounded like it was aimed at you personally.

Back on topic: Has anyone here checked out the San Diego area? I'll be in that area early next week and was wondering if it was worth checking out.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']So I went to the store in Las Vegas, Nevada today at The Forum Shops and nothing. Nothing marked down.

fucking Vegas.[/QUOTE]
They had the clearance games in the area near their psp section in the back. I got my folklore for $5 last saturday there.

Haven't been to the sonystyles store near me in ages. I should check tomorrow morning and see what I can find, would be nice to find a couple nice $5 clearance titles to add to my ever growing backlog of "games I'd love to play but don't have time for right now"

I'll be on the lookout for Star Ocean for anyone having trouble finding it here.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Sorry, my response to your original comment(and the emphasis on being Gamers and helping each other out) wasn't a dig at you; I originally had a much longer rant against resellers, but decided to tone it down. I apologize if it sounded like it was aimed at you personally.

Back on topic: Has anyone here checked out the San Diego area? I'll be in that area early next week and was wondering if it was worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was a dig. ;) I only wanted to explain myself better in case I came off as a Bong, who I think is upset because his Long Island store didn't have jack.

just came back from the santa clara store in valley fair and saw:

shrek forever after ps3 9.99
ufc 2009 ps3 9.99
bayonetta ps3 9.99

and some sports games i dont remember..and then about 50+ psp games but i didnt look at those since i dont own a psp.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I think i might head over to the Costa Mesa Sonystyle over at the South Coast Plaza mall tomorrow. Has anybody checked that place out recently?[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything or been up there yet, but I was wondering about their stock as well.

Edit: I finally made my way up there and they do still have a lot of games on clearance. Nothing really jumped out at me, though it may be worth checking out if someone is already at South Coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearest one is all the way in Peach Tree, and Google Shopping says it's closed, might run by there when I go to AWA next weekend.

got extremely lucky and was able to find this tonight at the sonystyle in U-Village, Seattle

swfu1use.jpg

this was also the one and only copy at the U-Village store, and unfortunately, I saw no other games on clearance worth mentioning =/

good luck if you're looking for one though =)

[quote name='diishen']got extremely lucky and was able to find this tonight at the sonystyle in U-Village, Seattle

swfu1use.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Awesome find! I was thinking about stopping by the one in The Woodlands today. The Galleria one hasn't had anything since their store has been remodeling for the last two months and they are in a temp spot until it's done.

[quote name='diishen']got extremely lucky and was able to find this tonight at the sonystyle in U-Village, Seattle

this was also the one and only copy at the U-Village store, and unfortunately, I saw no other games on clearance worth mentioning =/

good luck if you're looking for one though =)[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing theres no way to check what's in stock on line? i'd love to get ultimate sith edition for $10.... I bought the pre-ultimate sith edition of force unleashed and never bothered getting any of the DLC. if i were to get the dlc from the PSN store, itd cost me A LOT more than $10.

swfu1use.jpg

good luck if you're looking for one though =)[/QUOTE]

Was the pc version of this rare as well? I remember seeing it at my target a long time ago.

Damn, nice find! I wish I can make it to these stores. I have a gift card that I want to use. If anyone is interested in buying it from me, let me know.

[quote name='TheHelix']Found Splatterhouse and Bulletstorm for 9.97 the other day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that because if I hadn't checked I would have walked out saying nothing was there!

Got Bulletstorm. :D

[quote name='ml_paladin888']I'm guessing theres no way to check what's in stock on line? i'd love to get ultimate sith edition for $10.... I bought the pre-ultimate sith edition of force unleashed and never bothered getting any of the DLC. if i were to get the dlc from the PSN store, itd cost me A LOT more than $10.[/QUOTE]
All that DLC was on sale when Star Wars was released on Blu-ray ... and it was cheap, probably would have cost you about $10 total.

Saw Splatterhouse, Super Street Fighter, and Bulletstorm. But no Star Wars: Ultimate Sith Edition though!

[quote name='karkyco']Anyone check out Century City? If not, I might head over there this week since it's so close...[/QUOTE]

I was there on monday for the halo release event, they moved out all their psp stuff and didnt have any sales

bread's done
Back