PS3 replacement advice needed

laseractive

CAGiversary!
My beloved 60GB PS3 died after 7 years today. I have two options. Buy a superslim or send in my PS3 to Sony and get a replacement 160GB Slim (I guess they have a warehouse full of refurbs) for $99. Has anyone else gone the $99 refurb route? That seems the most affordable, but they only have a 90 day warranty. I like the look of the slim over the superslim, but honestly I just want a PS3 that is not going to break again anytime soon.  I really wish this thing would have broken last month when I could have gotten one of those $199 black friday bundles.

If Sony's refurbs are anything like their repairs jobs, I don't think I'd chance it.

True story: A few years ago, my launch 60 gig died and Sony gave me a choice of repairing it or getting a newer, different model at a slightly lowered price. Very slightly lowered. Anyway, I told them to repair it because it's the most backward compatible model they offered. Got the system back and everything was okay to begin with, then, literally 1 week after their shitty repair warranty ended, the fucking system took another shit. Dying from the same issue, as far as I could tell. Those warranties are so short for a reason. I don't think they have much confidence in their refurb/repair work.

Agreed. You might as well just buy one brand new and get some quality games out of it. My PS3 is on it's way out, and since I already own both those games, I'd probably just buy a boxed PS3 Slim from my local pawn shop.

Done and done. Was able to get the black Friday bundle for $200 at Walmart. Thanks for the help.
Nice, I'm going to try and do the same today.. I did the opposite, went from Xbox 360 to PS4.. sold 360 to a friend who is moving, and now I realize I need a last-gen console still for games, so PS3 cuz PS+ games.

I don't think the Black Friday bundle will be on sale, as my area has a strange PS3 drought, I visited all the stores that sell consoles near the mall, saw a few PS4s, a bunch of XB1s, actual piles of 360s, and 2 slimline PS3s with 12gb harddrive.

But the Wal-mart shows as having it, so.. cool

bread's done
Back