PS3 scheduled for $100 price drop to $499.99 after E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Apossum']Lets see:

--Lair
--Heavenly Sword
--FFXIII
--MGS4
--Drake
--Ratchet
--Tekken Online
--Eye of Judgment
--Socom

...I know there's one more in there somewhere. *awaiting excuses for why all these games will suck and/or MGS and FF won't be exclusive comments*

As for the Blockbuster/Blu-Ray exclusivity, I think it's better than people are making it out to be in this thread. Yeah, Blockbuster has sucked as a company these past few years, but they've got the recognition and now the in-home/online rental set up that's helping them bounce back.

It's not enough to win but it's a good push[/quote]

dont for get kingdom heart 3

Not 100% sure how correct this is, I just need a quick search.

Playstation 3 Exclusive Titles:

-Afrika (Confirmed)
-Angel Rings (Published by Sony)
-Eight days (SCE)
-EyeDentify (Published by Sony)
-Fifth Phantom Saga (Confirmation)
-Final Fantasy XIII (Confirmed)
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Confirmed)
-Folks Soul
-Formula One (Published by Sony)
-Full Auto 2: Battlelines (Confirmation)
-Genji: Days of the Blade (Confirmation)
-God of War 3
-Gradius (Confirmation)
-Grand Turismo 5 (Published by Sony)
-Grand Turismo HD (Published by Sony)
-Gretzky NHL (Published by Sony)
-Heavenly Sword (Published by Sony)
-Hot Shots Golf 5 (Published by Sony)
-Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (Published by Sony)
-Killzone 3 (SCE)
-Lair (Confirmation)
-Little Big Planet
-Metal Gear Solid 4 (Confirmation)
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam World (Confirmed)
-Monster Hunter 3 (Confirmation)
-Motor Storm (Published by Sony)
-My Singstar (Published by Sony)
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma
-Ni-Oh (Information)
-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Published by Sony)
-Redwood Falls (Information)
-Resistance: Fall of Man (Confirmation)
-Resistance: Rise of Man
-Ridge Racer 7 (Confirmation)
-Shin Megami Tensei (Confirmation)
-Tekken 6 (Confirmed)
-The Eye of Judgment (SCE)
-The Getaway (SCE)
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(SCE)
-Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (SCE)
-WarDevil Enigma (Confirmation)
-Warhawk (Published by Sony)
-White Knight Story
-Wipeout (Confirmation)

Playstation 3 PNPS Arcade:

-Flow (Confirmation)

Random Japanese Titles:

^Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (Information)
^Generation of Chaos VI (Confirmation)

Uncertain of it Development:

^Final Fantasy VII (possibility)
^Kingdom Heart 3
^Makai Wars (possibility)
^Monster Carnival (possibility)
^Shadow of the Colossus 2 (possibility)
^Socom 4 (possibility)
^Sly 4 (possibility)
^Zone of the Enders 3

Uncertain Titles (May be multi-platform):

+Big Time Revenge (Information)
+Castlevania (Information)
+Fatal Frame (Information)
+FIA World Touring Car Championship (Information)
+Heavy Rain
^Iron and the Maiden (Information)
+L.A Noire
+Silent Hill 5 (Information)

PS3Forums Users Exclusive Titles added:

-ActiveDogs (aka Castleween 2?)
-Guan Yu (aka Dysnasty Warriors)
-Kurayami (Confirmation)
^Rengoku: The end of the Century (Information)
+Rockstar Old West (Information)
^Way of the Samurai (Information)
*SOE DC MMO (Published by Sony)

[quote name='mwynn']Hot Shots Golf 5[/quote]

Crap. I will probably cave once this comes out as long as it looks next-gen (I already have HSG3, Fore! and Open Tee).

[quote name='zewone']I don't get why people are posting supposed exclusive lists in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Probably because others are insinuating the system has no exclusive games worth playing in the future.

[quote name='zewone']I don't get why people are posting supposed exclusive lists in this thread.[/QUOTE]

because someone said something about not being interested in the PS3 until they see at least 10 exclusives...and it's a PS3 thread and people will want to know what games are coming out for it.

Should we be posting 360 exclusive lists instead? :p

[quote name='javeryh']Wow. When does this come out? I need it now.[/QUOTE]

This winter, I think. There's also a new control scheme that's pretty nice.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Not 100% sure how correct this is, I just need a quick search.[/QUOTE]
There are a few MMO games coming as well. The biggest is probably the DC comics game.

Eyedentify
KOEI "Guan Yu" PS3 Project [untitled]
Monolith's Paranormal Project 2 [untitled]
Obsidian RPG Project [untitled]
Wheel of Fortune
SCE has 3 untitled games also.
Zipper Interactive PS3 Project [untitled] Socom???

[quote name='javeryh']Wow. When does this come out? I need it now.[/quote]

End of July for Japan (think it is the 31st off top of my head), and... October or September US.

[quote name='Apossum']because someone said something about not being interested in the PS3 until they see at least 10 exclusives...[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing he was talking about 10 worthwhile exclusives that were actually released, not that have been announced. Things change all the time, like Beautiful Katamari (PS3) being canned or 360 getting the game as well (Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6, DMC3, VF5, Project Sylpheed, etc...).

I think posting supposed exclusives is meaningless.

Wheel of fortune mmo? Ouch. Oh wait I read that wrong hah, glad to know that no developer is that silly.

On another note, the new hot shots golf does indeed look sexy.

[quote name='NamPaehc']End of July for Japan (think it is the 31st off top of my head), and... October or September US.[/QUOTE]
Ign has 10/1.

[quote name='heavyd853']Wheel of fortune mmo? Ouch. Oh wait I read that wrong hah, glad to know that no developer is that silly.

On another note, the new hot shots golf does indeed look sexy.[/QUOTE]
It is not an MMO, I just saw a few other games on the list. Wheel of Fortune is published by Sony. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='zewone']I'm guessing he was talking about 10 worthwhile exclusives that were actually released, not that have been announced. Things change all the time, like Beautiful Katamari (PS3) being canned or 360 getting the game as well (Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6, DMC3, VF5, Project Sylpheed, etc...).

I think posting supposed exclusives is meaningless.[/QUOTE]

QFMFT.

[quote name='crazytalkx']QFMFT.[/QUOTE]But then at the same time, exclusives are always added, like Time Crisis 4. That game will never end up on another platform, since Sony publishes it in Europe (they are listed to).

Nah, he didn't mean upcoming:

Any who, I've come to a decision; I want to see TEN new exciting & exclusive games for the PS3 by the time E3 is done. If that happens, I'll buy one ASAP.

He won't buy one either.
But he will continue to post on the PS3 board.

Exclusives are the only factors that people consider when purchasing a console... we know the PS3 is going to get games, they're going to get some exclusives, but I mean there are a lot of other factors that could be getting people to buy not only PS3s but any system as well. I like ps3 cause I prefer the controller for fighting games, much better than the wii and the xbox 360 controllers. Even for old school 2d games, I like the placement of the d-pad. Exclusives are important, but damn do they really have to make or break a system...

[quote name='Thomas96']Exclusives are important, but damn do they really have to make or break a system...[/quote]

Of course they do. If I can play games X, Y and Z on System 1 and System 2 but System 1 also plays games A, B and C as well there's really no choice to be made.

[quote name='Thomas96']Exclusives are the only factors that people consider when purchasing a console... we know the PS3 is going to get games, they're going to get some exclusives, but I mean there are a lot of other factors that could be getting people to buy not only PS3s but any system as well. I like ps3 cause I prefer the controller for fighting games, much better than the wii and the xbox 360 controllers. Even for old school 2d games, I like the placement of the d-pad. Exclusives are important, but damn do they really have to make or break a system...[/QUOTE]

Yes they really have to make or break a system. When games are released on the PC and consoles at the same time, I always buy the PC version. I only purchase consoles because they hold me hostage on certain titles I want to play. Now if there's a game I really have to have and it's only released on the PS3 or Xbox 360, then I'm going to go with whatever is cheaper. Consoles are based on a proprietary structure by nature, and when you start opening up options it reduces the need to be held captive by their limitations.

[quote name='zewone']I'm guessing he was talking about 10 worthwhile exclusives that were actually released, not that have been announced. Things change all the time, like Beautiful Katamari (PS3) being canned or 360 getting the game as well (Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6, DMC3, VF5, Project Sylpheed, etc...).

I think posting supposed exclusives is meaningless.[/quote]

--he was talking about announcements (see below)
--7 out of the 9 games I listed are 1st party.
--how is posting game lists in a thread about purchasing a system meaningless...so 1 game was canned and some others are now on the 360. Now we're posting lists of currently exclusive games, many of which are 1st party, in an attempt to help those who are considering the system. By your logic, we should stop all speculation of anything coming to the system...

[quote name='-Never4ever-']

Any who, I've come to a decision; I want to see TEN new exciting & exclusive games for the PS3 by the time E3 is done. If that happens, I'll buy one ASAP. I would like to own one eventually, with the EE and I have someone willing to give me $80 for the BR movies, thus making it $420 (tax free, since I'll be getting it from Amazon). However, each of the ten new games have to be NEVER-BEFORE SEEN. MGS4 & FF13 are probably going to awesome and everything, but I've seen all I've need to see of them. They all also must be scheduled for release by the holiday 07. No point in caring unless they're coming soon.[/QUOTE]

We really should, just like Saint's Row was canned for PS3 and GT4 Mobile for PSP (a first party game).

Just because it's announced, doesn't mean it's coming out.

EDIT: Look at Manhunt 2, which was days away from going gold, now no one knows what the outcome will be.

[quote name='zewone']We really should, just like Saint's Row was canned for PS3 and GT4 Mobile for PSP (a first party game).

Just because it's announced, doesn't mean it's coming out.[/QUOTE]

oh no, Saint's Row got canned...it's over. Sony is finished.

Halo 3 was announced...but MS could go bankrupt tomorrow, forcing Bungie to port it to the PS3 :roll:

[quote name='Apossum']oh no, Saint's Row got canned...it's over. Sony is finished.

Halo 3 was announced...but MS could go bankrupt tomorrow, forcing Bungie to port it to the PS3 :roll:[/QUOTE]
Sarcasm, nice addition to the discussion there.

[quote name='zewone']Sarcasm, nice addition to the discussion there.[/QUOTE]

You want people to stop discussing games that are announced, but not out yet? I think that's pretty ridiculous...I'm pretty much done with any discussion about it.

Unless I'm misreading something here, it's like you just want to ruin PS3 owners' fun or something :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']You want people to stop discussing games that are announced, but not out yet? I think that's pretty ridiculous...I'm pretty much done with any discussion about it.

Unless I'm misreading something here, it's like you just want to ruin PS3 owners' fun or something :lol:[/QUOTE]
That's just my point of view, you can discuss them, but none of them are 100% certain that they will be exclusive or even released.

I just think posting unreleased "exclusive" lists off the internet (not what you did) is meaningless.

[quote name='zewone']That's just my point of view, you can discuss them, but none of them are 100% certain that they will be exclusive or even released.

I just think posting unreleased "exclusive" lists off the internet (not what you did) is meaningless.[/QUOTE]

okay, so you mean stuff like titles that are tossed around, but not confirmed? I can agree with that... something like Colossus 2 or "Shin Megami Tensei" shouldn't be considered when buying the system as they're just speculation.

[quote name='Apossum']okay, so you mean stuff like titles that are tossed around, but not confirmed? I can agree with that... something like Colossus 2 or "Shin Megami Tensei" shouldn't be considered when buying the system as they're just speculation.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

[quote name='Apossum']How could I forget that? yes...and that game looks more fun than anything coming out on any console in the future and games that have come out thus far. no hyperbole.[/QUOTE]
If you're that impressed by what is basically a 2d platformer with a level editor, boy are you going to be impressed with this game - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros

[quote name='Thomas96'] Exclusives are important, but damn do they really have to make or break a system...[/QUOTE]

It did for me. I was ready to buy a PS3 just for WWE Smackdown. Played all the originals on PS1, PS2 and PSP. Then THQ announced it was canceled for PS3, but coming out on 360. Shortly after, I got a 360 and haven't looked back.

I'm not saying I'll never get a PS3 (and as of right now I have no interest in Blu-ray or the current games) but at that time it was a deal breaker.

[quote name='pete5883']If you're that impressed by what is basically a 2d platformer with a level editor, boy are you going to be impressed with this game - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros[/QUOTE]

whaaaaaaat.....?

way to disregard all the good points of the game and oversimplify it completely.

please, in your reply, say that this game somehow rips Nintendo off. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back