PS3 Slim for $270 (+ tax) at Dell, free 2 day shipping

[quote name='Trinary']If there's any 10% off coupon at eca still, might as well get it from amazon with free shipping and no tax atm. But its a decent deal. I was tempted to get the ps3 for the $255 deal a couple weeks back with the 15% off.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I think the ECA codes do not work on consoles.

[quote name='xblaze23']it'll most likely ship before that estimated delivery date. In my experience, Dell.com estimated delivery dates are usually exaggurated.[/QUOTE]
how exaggerated? would you say before this weekend? :)

Just a heads up to everyone that it can take a while to get your PS3 Slim if you order it from Dell. I ordered mine a few days ago and it said I would get it later this week but today it updated the delivery date to three weeks from now.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']how exaggerated? would you say before this weekend? :)[/QUOTE]
My shipping experience with Dell was actually ridiculously good this time around: I placed the order on Monday, 9/7, in online chat (the CSR manually applied the coupon). At that time, the rep said that the order would ship via standard ground shipping and arrive "on or before 9/15." I was a little disappointed I didn't get the free two day shipping, but I could live with it, and it didn't seem worth pushing my luck after he was nice enough to apply the coupon. Once I got the confirmation email, however, I looked at the order status page, and the delivery date was pushed up to Friday, 9/11 -- not bad!

On Tuesday, 9/8, the order actually shipped. The UPS tracking page showed that it shipped from Harrisburg, PA with an estimated delivery date of 9/10 (I live in NC). Wednesday, 9/9, I checked the tracking page again to make sure everything was still on track, and they had updated the delivery date to 9/9 (that day)! There was a minor snag--Dell forgot to include my apartment number, so I had to call UPS and arrange to pick it up from the local office--but the end result was that I placed the order for the PS3 on Monday and had it in my hands on Wednesday. I guess Dell and UPS really wanted me to get that PS3; the delivery date was pushed forward three times in total.

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up here; I've only ordered a handful of things from Dell and had generally good experiences, but this was far and away the fastest I've ever received anything from them. I do wonder how other CAGs made out with this, though; some of them had placed orders before me and had estimated arrival dates that were after the 9/15 date they originally gave me, which seemed strange.

I've ordered from Dell numerous times in the past and have been absolutely satisfied each time. I have no doubt that I will get my PS3...don't worry about it guys...if you placed an order you'll get it.

I know I'll get it. I'm just impatient and don't understand why there's such a long delay. I hope they push my estimated date forward like Bootstrap's order.

wow my order had an estimated shipping date of 9/16 and now i just received an email that it was delayed and will be delivered on 9/31.

I ordered Friday @1:40pm EST and it arrived this afternoon....SWEET!! It shipped from Nashville, TN.

It only showed 'shipped' when I would check Dell's website, it never gave me a tracking number and had a shipping estimate of 9/17/09...got it a day early.

Now I need to figure out how to use two PS3s in two adjacent rooms...I'm wondering if you turn on the controller if both PS3s will turn on.

$229.99 + tax for a PS3 = WIN

[quote name='Muthafodder']I ordered Friday @1:40pm EST and it arrived this afternoon....SWEET!! It shipped from Nashville, TN.

It only showed 'shipped' when I would check Dell's website, it never gave me a tracking number and had a shipping estimate of 9/17/09...got it a day early.

Now I need to figure out how to use two PS3s in two adjacent rooms...I'm wondering if you turn on the controller if both PS3s will turn on.

$229.99 + tax for a PS3 = WIN[/QUOTE]
Only the PS3 the controller is synched with will turn on.

I also got a delay notice to 10/01 but I expect it to come much earlier. When I ordered my PC from them almost a year a go it came in unexpectedly because their estimates are so far out (my neighbor had to sign and hold it for me). Man these companies can be so slow with their shipping notices (I got one for The Beatles: Rock Band after it arrived at my door).

[quote name='tyrok3k']I also got a delay notice to 10/01 but I expect it to come much earlier. When I ordered my PC from them almost a year a go it came in unexpectedly because their estimates are so far out (my neighbor had to sign and hold it for me). Man these companies can be so slow with their shipping notices (I got one for The Beatles: Rock Band after it arrived at my door).[/QUOTE]
I sure hope you're right. i ordered MGS4 with the slim and the game came yesterday but no ps3. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope my PS3 come soon. I also get delay to September 30. I tried canceling but it not work while "In Production". Why can't cancel?? It is not such as building custom Dell PC, it is just a single item. This should still be cancel able while "In Production". Maybe give Dell a call?? I want to order it Amazon instead of waiting two weeks for to save $14 dollar.

When you buy a PS3 from an online store does the warranty start on the same day the order is placed? When I bought my 360 online the warranty started on the purchase date.

Heh, got an e-mail saying my order for the Slim and HD cables was delayed until 10/1, yet when I checked their website it still said it was on time for yesterday. Turns out all they shipped me so far was the HD cables lol. I might try and call them to make sure, through, just to make sure the Slim didn't get lost in the shuffle somehow.

[quote name='JediJames2']Heh, got an e-mail saying my order for the Slim and HD cables was delayed until 10/1, yet when I checked their website it still said it was on time for yesterday. Turns out all they shipped me so far was the HD cables lol. I might try and call them to make sure, through, just to make sure the Slim didn't get lost in the shuffle somehow.[/QUOTE]
same thing happened to me except its not HD cables it is MGS4.

So I went ahead and called them about my order, telling them that the HD cord shipped and arrived but the PS3 didn't. Turns out the PS3 was shipped out yesterday, the same day that the HD cords came, they just didn't send me an e-mail with the tracking number. Tracking shows I should have it sometime this coming Monday (which is a lot better than their original estimated date of 10/1 lol).

[quote name='JediJames2']So I went ahead and called them about my order, telling them that the HD cord shipped and arrived but the PS3 didn't. Turns out the PS3 was shipped out yesterday, the same day that the HD cords came, they just didn't send me an e-mail with the tracking number. Tracking shows I should have it sometime this coming Monday (which is a lot better than their original estimated date of 10/1 lol).[/QUOTE]
I wish they would do this for me. Should I call them and ask about it? I received MGS4 but not the ps3 yet and my est. delivery is 10/1/09.

[quote name='JediJames2']So I went ahead and called them about my order, telling them that the HD cord shipped and arrived but the PS3 didn't. Turns out the PS3 was shipped out yesterday, the same day that the HD cords came, they just didn't send me an e-mail with the tracking number. Tracking shows I should have it sometime this coming Monday (which is a lot better than their original estimated date of 10/1 lol).[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear...they never sent me one either...nor was it updated on their site.

I told my brother about this deal and he bit on it only to find out that it wouldn't be shipping for a couple of weeks.

Two-day shipping isn't really a deal if the item isn't being shipped for two weeks. I think he went ahead and canceled his order.

Their back in stock at $270 + free 2 day shipping, Expires Tuesday, September 22, 2009.

Also, can you use Bing.com 5% cashback on this discounted price?

[quote name='Trinary']If there's any 10% off coupon at eca still, might as well get it from amazon with free shipping and no tax atm. But its a decent deal. I was tempted to get the ps3 for the $255 deal a couple weeks back with the 15% off.[/QUOTE]

Tried it, but it says my ECA code can't be applied to that purchase :roll:

[quote name='MrPnut']Tried it, but it says my ECA code can't be applied to that purchase :roll:[/QUOTE]

No hardware discount apparently.

[quote name='Xellos2099']yes but 6 week wait... might as well go to ebay buy.com store for 8% cashback free ship and no tax.[/QUOTE]

Tax kills that option for me:

NEW PlayStation 3 System (120GB)
Buy It Now price: US $299.99
Sales Tax: 9.250% TN Sales Tax (applies to subtotal + S&H)
Shipping and handling: Free -- Other (see description). Additional services available.
Payment methods: PayPal

i ordered it on last Saturday and im still waiting for ti to even ship ..... i have called them 3 times and about shipping or anything of that sort and they wouldn't give me any info on it. how long did it take for all of you to get yours ?

Woot, mine just came today! Was ordered on 9/13, so not too bad overall. Anyone who got the "delayed" e-mail, I would suggest calling Dell to make sure it has shipped and to get tracking info. I never did get an e-mail with the tracking info, not the end of the world, but eh.

Ordered mine on 9/14 and didn't expect any problems, but I probably should have. A couple days later, my shipping date was moved back to October 1. Dell has done this to me before with computer purchases, but then I ended up receiving them well before the date they said, so I was hoping for more of that with the PS3. So far, it's not looking good.

I'll cross my fingers that it will even ship on 10/1. If it does, then I won't think much of the delays since I can't afford to buy any games until I get paid at the end of the month anyhow.

Anybody else receive theirs?

mine hasnt shipped yet either and i ordered it on the 13th. i check every day but have received no update since the initial delay. i dont think this is acceptable. i called and they told me they have them in stock. so why the delay? and supposedly i was supposed to get 2 day shipping, so much for that.

Just to update you guys mine mysteriously disappeared from my order status. They just randomly canceled it. Thought you guys should know so you could check on it yourselves, let us know if the same has happened to you.

^ Mine is gone also. I'll see what they say in regards to my email before picking this up elsewhere. What a waste of time.

^I still have my order number so I'm calling customer support tomorrow. I'm gonna get mine if I have to threaten them with losing my business.

Dell doesn't have great order updates. I've done quite a few orders with them and they don't like to give updates, but they have great deals though and Delaware = no tax.

I logged in to check my order and its still there but the estimated ship date has changed from 10/1 to N/A. I ordered on the 14th by the way.

I know the deal is dead I was just wondering everyone's order/shipping status. I was thinking about picking one up from Dell but it seems there has been reports of huge shipping delays & etc on CAG & SlickDeals.

Called them today ahd they tried to get me to cancel my order and buy one at full price, however, they were willing to ship it that day. I think the lady was lying to get a sale though. In any case, I called back after hanging up on her and they told me it was still being shipped by the 1st we'll see....

[quote name='rasone77']Called them today and they tried to get me to cancel my order and buy one at full price, however, they were willing to ship it that day. I think the lady was lying to get a sale though. In any case, I called back after hanging up on her and they told me it was still being shipped by the 1st we'll see....[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's fucking sh!tty. I'd be complaining to the BBB if I were you just to make a company rep explain themselves. Basically they wanted you to pay $30 more for faster shipping when this product should have already shipped to you in the first place.

Also, what's even more stupid is that they had another deal for $275(+2 day shipping) this past week(expired Sept 23) right after this deal went OOS :roll:

[quote name='tyrok3k']I logged in to check my order and its still there but the estimated ship date has changed from 10/1 to N/A. I ordered on the 14th by the way.[/QUOTE]

What's funny is the price went back to $300 and the current shipping estimates for it is 1-2 weeks with standard 3to5 day shipping but everyone who having problems with this deal had 2 day shipping and it's being delayed or canceled.

ordered on the 23rd...says 12/23/09 (yeah, 3 months) the ship date....someone from Dell forum said a CS told her they were not getting any more from their supplier, so she cancelled her order.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back