PS3 Slim for $270 (+ tax) at Dell, free 2 day shipping

I have checked the records and it shows that your order# ----- is currently in production and has an estimated delivery date of October 13, 2009. The item is currently out of stock. Since this not a Dell manufactured item; we do not have a direct control over its production and supply. Such orders, at times, get delayed as they are unavailable from the vendor due to the demand supply gap. All the orders are fulfilled in the order they are placed.

I'm canceling my order. Amazon will have it at my door this Tuesday for $14 more than Dell's price.

Can't mess with these delay's with Uncharted 2 coming soon.:shame:

I'm going to wait it out. I already have a big PS3 so I'm in no rush as long as I get it before my birthday in October I'm straight. I still don't have high hopes for this one though.

I originally posted that I ordered on 9/14. I actually placed my order on 9/12. I thought people who read this might want to know this when comparing their results with mine.

Anyhow, I called on Friday, 9/25 to complain a little and ask what the status was. I was told the order would be shipped on Monday, 9/28 and is still scheduled for delivery on 10/1. Well, we'll see.

I am so on the border of getting one. Everyone I know has a PS3, but I don't know if I can justify the purchase when most games I really play are on the 360 anyway

My delivery date was WAY off but when I called them they gave me a more accurate estimate. It said it would take three weeks to ship but I actually received it in two weeks which means it shipped after about a week and a half.

There goes that. I received an email saying shipping has been delayed a second time. The email says I have to respond to Dell or else the order will be automatically canceled. This waiting game is not worth the savings, so I'm just letting this one go.

so I just called and asked to cancel hoping for some money off....she offered me 10 dollars only.

But hey, 10 dollars off is still a savings.

Man, Im sure glad I went with CircuitCity.com than Dell for my Slim PS3 (ha, never thought I'd be happy about a CC purchase). I ended up getting mine for $249.09 total from them, and I received it 3 days after the purchase.

Mine is scheduled to be ship on 12/23 on the website... but when I called, the rep said 10/7. ?? I guess I'll just wait until 10/7 then cancel if it's delayed again.

I don't really need it soon since my 60G is still running, but don't want to wait till Christmas either.

Yeah mine got the first delay notice till 10/22. I'm still not worried about it since I have one already. One more delay though and I'll be calling again.

Also, I think that stupid lady that lied to me the other day placed an order for Prototype without my permision because I got that in the mail today. There's no way in hell I would play it let alone pay for it when I have Infamous already.

Anywho, whatch out for crazy hindu's that lie there asses off to get a sale, they might take you if you're not careful.

PS: They did refund me and are taking it back. I should have asked for a coupon code or something. Maybe I will if this PS3 thing keeps getting pushed back.

ordered mine on 9.23...no delay messages yet...called today DETERMINED to cancel and move along...they got me with a $20 bribe...oh well, i'll wait till 10/7 and see what happens ($231 after BCB, i'll wait another week)....the Dell community forums in regards to the PS3 isn't looking good though, one guy was told by a cs rep that they no longer carry ps3 slim...

Wow, I guess I just must have gotten lucky when I ordered mine or something. Was in the same timeframe as most of you all (ordered mine 9/13), I think the only difference was mine didn't pop up with free two day shipping, so I just went with the free 3-5 day shipping. Maybe that had something to do with it? Either way, sorry for you all :cry:

i'm guessing i'll get one of those automated messages soon....kind of weird how everyone you talk to at Dell has a different story (i've heard 10.7 also as a date)....guess that's part of the price you pay to outsource 90% of your customer service staff to India.

I also got the delay to 10/22 if I don't let it auto-cancel but I clicked on the order to view the status on the site and it says "Shipped" with an estimated delivery of N/A with all other information unavailable. I didn't mind waiting till 10/1 but I think I'll let it cancel itself out if didn't already ship yet.

FYI: I ordered 9/14.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Man, Im sure glad I went with CircuitCity.com than Dell for my Slim PS3 (ha, never thought I'd be happy about a CC purchase). I ended up getting mine for $249.09 total from them, and I received it 3 days after the purchase.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it for that cheap? I only saw an 60GB PS3 fat on that website?

got a message this morning from Dell...SHIPPED...whew....and i had a 12/23/09 ship date initially....those still waiting should get something soon....from the SD forum others are getting shipped now too...lack of a tracking number is no surprise with dell, i've had the item in hand with no tracking number.

Every time I see a Dell deal, I just walk on past because more often than not, it's like this - a seemingly great deal ruined by awful shipping times. Whether we're talking about netbooks, handhelds, consoles, monitors, Dell always screws the pooch on getting the items out in a timely manner.

It says on Dell's site that the PS3 Slims ship within 24 hours now. Stupid order status thing doesn't work for me. Here's hoping mine shipped.

[quote name='SV11bucksfan']How did you get it for that cheap? I only saw an 60GB PS3 fat on that website?[/QUOTE]

They had the Slim priced at $299.99, with free shipping and no tax. Then I had 10% cashback from Bing, and another $20 back from paypal for spending $200 that week.

[quote name='krighton']i'll put up with a certain amount of idiocy on Dell's part to save $90 on a ps3 slim.[/QUOTE]

Awesome...did you lock in an order for $229 too?

If you were like me and had a PS3 already, there was no urgency to get one in a hurry...I lucked out though and got it 2 business days after ordering.

Just a heads up guys... not sure if this was already mentioned but don't be surprised if Dell delays your order, even with the 2 day shipping code. My girlfriend ordered hers weeks ago when this deal started, with the code entered, and her order got delayed twice. As of right now, it's scheduled to come in late October. Just a heads up, since this has tax anyways Amazon might be better since they never charge tax anyways, so the price evens out.

[quote name='bluem00se']Just a heads up guys... not sure if this was already mentioned but don't be surprised if Dell delays your order, even with the 2 day shipping code. My girlfriend ordered hers weeks ago when this deal started, with the code entered, and her order got delayed twice. As of right now, it's scheduled to come in late October. Just a heads up, since this has tax anyways Amazon might be better since they never charge tax anyways, so the price evens out.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, anyways. :lol:

No, of course not. My status still says "in production". I ordered on 9/12 and people who ordered after me are now jumping ahead of me and receiving theirs. I am happy for you people receiving yours but I am super annoyed at Dell for letting this happen.

I'll be calling them tomorrow to find out why people are getting theirs before me. This is really pissing me off, especially when they send me stuff I didn't ask for and bill me for it.

Mine should be here in 2 hours..................course they'd pick the one day to deliver i'm supposed to go out to dinner....

got it...btw, if you did get a credit from Dell and you were told to call Dell for the credit..make sure you have a large dose of patience saved up....took me over 20 minutes just to get to the right person....be sure to ask for the RETURN department....that's who gave you the credit initially.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered last Thursday and I got a tentative ship date of 12/23/09 it was here when I got off of work at 5 today.

This is BS, there telling me that since the price changed they have a new part number that's why people are getting there's before us. However, two different reps told me that if I cancel my order and place a new one at full price they'll send it to me today. WTF!

I canceled my order last week and picked up one from Amazon. What happens today? A PS3 slim from Dell shows up at my home. WTF. The order status on Dell.com is canceled. My account has no recent orders to display. I'll be pissed if they charge my CC. Bad enough it took 6 phone calls to get it removed in the first place! I wish my neighbor (Mom) didn't sign for it.

[quote name='Jchance']I canceled my order last week and picked up one from Amazon. What happens today? A PS3 slim from Dell shows up at my home. WTF. The order status on Dell.com is canceled. My account has no recent orders to display. I'll be pissed if they charge my CC. Bad enough it took 6 phone calls to get it removed in the first place! I wish my neighbor (Mom) didn't sign for it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's crazy. Just keeping checking your bank account to see if they charge it, if not I'd count it as a freebie & keep the SOB or sell it. If Dell does happen to charge you call customer service make the complaint that you were charged for an order that was canceled especially since your order history isn't showing up in their system.

I bought a game online once & canceled the next day because I changed my mind but the game still showed up a week later since the transaction already went through the warehouse it had shipped already.

just fyi.. Dell will send you an email to rate their customer service and please fill it out, especially if it's dissapointed.

^I ish they would have sent me your since you obviously didn't want it. Dell is soooo bad when it comes to sales like this. I won't be using them in future.

i feel your pain rasone cause i cancelled the day before everyone apparently started getting theirs shipped. i ordered it on amazon and they shipped it the day after. it will be here on tuesday october 6 =}..amazon was only 6 dollars more than dell, it wasnt worth the wait with dell. also does anyone know if dell charges your credit card/debit card when the order is shipped or when the order is made. cause i made the initial charge on my mothers debit card and paid her cash. she told me she had thought she was charged for it but she hasnt gotten her money back and the dell people told me it would be back within 24 hours. unless it was never taken out?

I finally got them to ship mine. They sent it out yesterday but it took the Better Business Beurea complaint to get them to do it. They called me Monday and fast tracked it because they wanted to settle the issue. I should have it by the end of the week.

I ordered on the 12th of September, they screwed up my shipping address and had to re-do the order on the 14th. I threatened to cancel last week. The girl offered $50 credit back to my card if I kept the order. (I ordered some hard drives too) I decided to keep the order and finally received it today.

bread's done
Back