PS3/Xbox 360 Games: MoH: Warfighter LE $5.99 / Madden NFL 13 $9.99 (Best Buy/Amazon)

Eh, I might finally bite on Madden. $10 is about what it's worth every year.

I know I'll get a craving to play it once football starts.
I did that last year with 12. Bought it for $10 from BB, played it for a bit, and then flipped it to GS for $12.

Picked up both ins store for ps3. Madden 13 trades in for $15 at blockbuster if anyone is interested in using that towards the buy 1 get 1 sale on used games there.

yea whats up with that? Im a silver member i should get free expedited, but all shipping methods are charging me right now. I just set it for store pickup for now but are they having problems with their website?
Haven't bit on Madden 13 yet as I don't want to get charged after I place my order. Chatting with CSR about this right now...

EDIT: OK, she stated that there should be no charges for shipping. She's forwarding the issue to the proper dept. Funny thing is, the $1.99 shipping charge only shows up when I select shipping...on the next page where I input CC info, there are no shipping charges and says "free".

In any case, CSR said that if any shipping charges do happen to go through, to simply call their Customer Care number and they will either manually remove or credit your card back the charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea whats up with that? Im a silver member i should get free expedited, but all shipping methods are charging me right now. I just set it for store pickup for now but are they having problems with their website?
I did store pickup just minutes ago and it worked for me.

It did show charges for shipping when I clicked on that option though.

My order screen didn't list it, but they charged me anyway. Which is technically a fraudulent charge (I agreed to pay one amount but they charged me more) but trying to not get to bent out of shape about it. I just want them to correct it, their email to me just said, "current or the next billing cycle," which is pretty damn ridiculous when you consider how long that could be.

This happened to me a few weeks ago with a PS+ card. I agreed to pay $39.99 and the order goes through. I then look at my AMEX card and there is another $5 charge from BBY. When I go look at the order they have tacked on the shipping. Completely BS and so I call customer service and they refund my card back the $5. About a week later I got an email from BBY saying it was an issue with their ordering system and so they refunded me another $5. I am surprised this is still happening considering they have been aware of the problem for weeks. It is completely wrong though that they can charge your credit card for an additional charge without authorization.

Yeah, it's wrong, and illegal, as well.  I submitted an order about a week and a half ago, and submitted and confirmed my order for $140.xx, with tax included.  Lo and behold, I get the e-mail someone mentioned a few posts ago, about their 'error' and am I was like WTF?  I didn't get charged for shipping.  Well, I looked on my bank's website, and sure enough there was a second charge on there for $13.99!  To make matters even sketchier, when I go to my order history on BB.com, the order is now adjusted to show the total price as $153.xx (the original amount I authorized to pay, plus the bogus shipping charge they tacked on there). Very shady indeed, how they are doing all of this after the fact...

So I went and picked up my copy of Madden 13 for Xbox360.

Actually looked at it once I walked outside. ...they gave me a copy of Madden 25.

Seeing that it doesn't surprise me in the least bit about all of these computer glitches they have had lately. I feel sorta bad about it but this is entirely their fault. They got the game from the shelf and had it waiting with my name/order number on it.

Oh well. If it sucks I'm trading it in for $45.

Yeah, it's wrong, and illegal, as well. I submitted an order about a week and a half ago, and submitted and confirmed my order for $140.xx, with tax included. Lo and behold, I get the e-mail someone mentioned a few posts ago, about their 'error' and am I was like WTF? I didn't get charged for shipping. Well, I looked on my bank's website, and sure enough there was a second charge on there for $13.99! To make matters even sketchier, when I go to my order history on BB.com, the order is now adjusted to show the total price as $153.xx (the original amount I authorized to pay, plus the bogus shipping charge they tacked on there). Very shady indeed, how they are doing all of this after the fact...

I genuinely believe it is a system error, but it is ridiculous how long it is going on and continues to be a problem.

Madden trades for $15 at Blockbuster huh... interesting...

Not trying to be that guy, but Madden hasn't had too many changes since the first one this gen. I mean they do make the slight improvements and stuff, but it's like paying $10 for Black Ops 2 versus 60 for Ghosts. If you're wanting a cheap Madden fix, I'd hop on 13. I haven't heard good things on 25.
I have to disagree with this assessment. My favorite Madden this generation was probably Madden 10, the first Madden I got, but note I skipped 11 which many seem to rate as the best of this generation, but I've owned 12 and 13.

The running game in 13 is irreparably broken (on All-Pro and above), defenders are so fast to shed your o-line's blocks that any holes you may see close almost in an instant, that's if they haven't made it into the backfield before you've even handed the ball off to your RB. Stretch and pitch plays are almost impossible due to the poor blocking and godly pursuit ability of the computer AI. You could play on Pro or below difficulties but the computer is a joke and you'll be able to routinely run up the score.

Madden 25 still has some wonky run blocking on outside runs but it really has cleaned up the running game and is probably the most realistic running game simulation of any football game ever, and I own and love NFL 2k5. It rewards you for being patient and following your blocks just like the real NFL. Then at the 2nd level and in the open field you can use improved running moves to break some big runs. This is the most fun I've had with Madden since 10, and definitely worth waiting for a deal on 25 than settling for 13.

Alright, in for 1 Warfighter.  This is my first jump into the genre, so I hope it's fun.  And if it's not, well I guess I can always go back and listen to Zero Punctuation mock the title some more.

I did have a problem where it said it was going to cost shipping in my cart but said it was free when I got to checkout.  I better keep an eye on that.  It completely made me forget I had $3 on a gift card.  Crud.

So I went and picked up my copy of Madden 13 for Xbox360.

Actually looked at it once I walked outside. ...they gave me a copy of Madden 25.

Seeing that it doesn't surprise me in the least bit about all of these computer glitches they have had lately. I feel sorta bad about it but this is entirely their fault. They got the game from the shelf and had it waiting with my name/order number on it.

Oh well. If it sucks I'm trading it in for $45.

Holy shit did it ring up $10?

I'm in for 30000

Holy shit did it ring up $10?

I'm in for 30000
He took off the piece of paper around it. Took it out the clamshell and had me sign saying I picked my game up. Handed it to me with my copy of receipt (which says Madden 13) and told me to enjoy my game and thanked me for shopping at Best Buy.

I'm not gonna lie.....I ordered another Madden 13 for in-store pickup and gonna get it on Monday when I'm back in town. Surely it won't happen twice right?

He took off the piece of paper around it. Took it out the clamshell and had me sign saying I picked my game up. Handed it to me with my copy of receipt (which says Madden 13) and told me to enjoy my game and thanked me for shopping at Best Buy.

I'm not gonna lie.....I ordered another Madden 13 for in-store pickup and gonna get it on Monday when I'm back in town. Surely it won't happen twice right?
LOL, if it was the same person who grabbed the game for you, it could.

I think the employee wasn't much of an NFL fan, and gamer, and a fan of numbers. ;)

I can see a non-NFL fan assuming it's the same game since 13 and 25 both have Detroit players on the cover (Johnson and Sanders), but how they didn't notice the difference between "13" and "25" is anyones guess.

I thought the first medal of honor was okay. Warfighter is a turd, dropped from 20 feet onto your face.

Picked up madden 13 with chase points on amazon.

Never quite understood all the hate this game gets. I beat the SP and it was "alright" but I had quite a bit of fun in the MP. Most definitely not worth $60 but still.

I have to disagree with this assessment. My favorite Madden this generation was probably Madden 10, the first Madden I got, but note I skipped 11 which many seem to rate as the best of this generation, but I've owned 12 and 13.

The running game in 13 is irreparably broken (on All-Pro and above), defenders are so fast to shed your o-line's blocks that any holes you may see close almost in an instant, that's if they haven't made it into the backfield before you've even handed the ball off to your RB. Stretch and pitch plays are almost impossible due to the poor blocking and godly pursuit ability of the computer AI. You could play on Pro or below difficulties but the computer is a joke and you'll be able to routinely run up the score.

Madden 25 still has some wonky run blocking on outside runs but it really has cleaned up the running game and is probably the most realistic running game simulation of any football game ever, and I own and love NFL 2k5. It rewards you for being patient and following your blocks just like the real NFL. Then at the 2nd level and in the open field you can use improved running moves to break some big runs. This is the most fun I've had with Madden since 10, and definitely worth waiting for a deal on 25 than settling for 13.
You know, after reading this and other complaints about Madden 13, I'm thinking about just getting my money back.

No Franchise mode? Wtf? Franchise mode IS Madden. I know Connected Career's is supposed to replace it but it sounds seriously gimped. Anyone who has owned the game is free to tell me otherwise, but this doesn't sound like a good football game.

[quote name="syndragore" post="11026690" timestamp="1377913376"]
Anyone know how much MOH trades in at GS?[/quote]$5 for X360, $3.50 for PS3

PSA / FYI: According to the official FAQ, there will be an open beta for BF4 three days after the closed one starts.

"Q: When does the Open Beta start for Battlefield 4™?
A: The Open Beta launches early October 2013 for everyone. The Battlefield 4™ Open Beta will feature Conquest mode on the Siege of Shanghai map.

Q: When does the Exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta start?
A: The exclusive Beta starts early October 2013."

"Get access to the Exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta 3 days prior to the Open Beta..."

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/faq/beta

I experience zero bugs, the story isnt bad just because its smaller scale, and "god awful mechanics" makes no sense- it plays like and has the same controls of most other shooters on the market. The reason its cheap is people like you who badmouth a game to be in the "cool" crowd (but have never played it), your a CoD fanboy, and/or you look at Metacritic scores and make judgement by paid (bribed) journalists.

Yes, it is. Terribly buggy, bad story and god awful mechanics. There is a reason this game is always cheap.
I experienced zero bugs on the 360 version, the story isnt bad just because its smaller scale, and "god awful mechanics" makes no sense- it plays like and has the same controls of most other shooters on the market. The reason its cheap is people like you who badmouth a game to be in the "cool" crowd (but have never played it), your a CoD fanboy (because everything has to be EPIC), and/or you look at Metacritic scores and make judgement who get incentives to publish crap reviews for their competition.

Bummer. I just bought Madden 13 used from Best Buy for 12.99 a week and a half ago. I don't suppose I have any course of action, do I?

I experience zero bugs, the story isnt bad just because its smaller scale, and "god awful mechanics" makes no sense- it plays like and has the same controls of most other shooters on the market. The reason its cheap is people like you who badmouth a game to be in the "cool" crowd (but have never played it), your a CoD fanboy, and/or you look at Metacritic scores and make judgement by paid (bribed) journalists.

Hold on. You can have my tin foil hat.

To bad Soooo many people do this.... A game must suck cause cod owns all or bf3 rest is trash. Most peoples dumb input even they admit they never played or played 5-15 mins and rage quit other games. It is the norm now pretty sad. wooot i like double rainbows!

I experienced zero bugs on the 360 version, the story isnt bad just because its smaller scale, and "god awful mechanics" makes no sense- it plays like and has the same controls of most other shooters on the market. The reason its cheap is people like you who badmouth a game to be in the "cool" crowd (but have never played it), your a CoD fanboy (because everything has to be EPIC), and/or you look at Metacritic scores and make judgement who get incentives to publish crap reviews for their competition.
Wow, I love how you just assume you know me. No, I'm not a CoD fanboy. I don't play those games at all unless I have some friends over. Medal of Honor is a horrible, horrible fucking game and just look it up on Youtube to see how bad it is. You must be a MoH fanboy, herpy derpy!!!!!

To bad Soooo many people do this.... A game must suck cause cod owns all or bf3 rest is trash. Most peoples dumb input even they admit they never played or played 5-15 mins and rage quit other games. It is the norm now pretty sad. wooot i like double rainbows!
Learn some proper grammar before you go bashing someone. I couldn't understand a single fucking thing you just said.

Wow, I love how you just assume you know me. No, I'm not a CoD fanboy. I don't play those games at all unless I have some friends over. Medal of Honor is a horrible, horrible fucking game and just look it up on Youtube to see how bad it is. You must be a MoH fanboy, herpy derpy!!!!!
I was right- you never played it, you dont play those games at all unless you have friends over. Watching a youtube video isnt playing a game. If you feel you get the same experience that way then you should probably just save yourself a bunch of money and just Youtube every videogame and watch it instead of playing it.

I was right- you never played it, you dont play those games at all unless you have friends over. Watching a youtube video isnt playing a game. If you feel you get the same experience that way then you should probably just save yourself a bunch of money and just Youtube every videogame and watch it instead of playing it.
Lol, you are a fucking idiot.

^^^I don't think that's going to go anywhere fellas.  Just let it go. (RIP George Carlin)

On a side note...picked up Madden 13.  Though 25 added Owner Mode to CC and there's some slight improvements here and there, I decided it wasn't enough to warrant the extra $50 for me.  Since I still play Madden 10, 13 should be enough of an upgrade for only $10. 

Thanks again OP!

bread's done
Back