PS4 Pro $290 @ Target.com on 12/11 ONLY (NOT CONFIRMED; YMMV)

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
* THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMED DEAL BUT HAS HUGE POTENTIAL *

Beginning next week Sony is offering a $50 discount to all PS4 Pro systems (including bundles) at participating retailers and on Monday, 12/11 Target is offering $20 off EVERY $100 spent. I've been unable to find a list of exclusions (Legos, etc) but each time Target has offered a deal like this, it has included PS4 consoles including the Pro.

That said, a PS4 Pro would be discounted to $290 and the SW:BF2 or Destiny bundles would be $340. This beats every front page deal to date if it works.

Link to consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried adding both vanilla versions of PS4 Pro to my cart just to make sure there wasn't a glitch and both showed as not available for shipping.

I love when these post BF deals don't pan out because it makes me feel better about my purchase. Also, very much expected it would not work....these companies do these sales for regular products no one really wants to buy online.

Sale excludes all PS4 hardware?...So much for this premature Post...great way to remind us this is the only way we would buy a PS4 pro....heavy discounted....

I think not having 4K Blu-Ray really hurt its sales. When the Xbox One S has it and the Pro doesn't, that's a crying shame.

I would only be tempted to get it for an upgraded VR experience.

I think not having 4K Blu-Ray really hurt its sales. When the Xbox One S has it and the Pro doesn't, that's a crying shame.

Yep. That's why I purchased an X1S instead of the Pro. If both had a 4K player, I would have paid the extra $200 for the Pro (got the X1S from Walmart for $200). With that said, I would wouldn't mind buying the Pro, but I have a feeling we're going to hear about the PS5 soon.

Agreed. It’s literally a joke. Sony always lead with their consoles being a media device. PS2 was one of the most sold DVD players as was the PS3 to Blu-ray. Now for the regular PS4 to not have 4K, that’s fine. The tech really wasn’t set in stone three years ago. For the PS4 pro now, there’s no excuse.

I bought one a couple weeks ago from Best Buy when they had the $50 off and a free copy of Destiny 2.  Sold the Destiny 2 for $25 so $75 off isn't  a bad deal at all.

Forgot to check this morning for the deal and thought it had sold out last night lol. Guess Target wasn't feeling the holiday spirit heh. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up; I was looking forward to getting a second Pro. :(

Agreed. It’s literally a joke. Sony always lead with their consoles being a media device. PS2 was one of the most sold DVD players as was the PS3 to Blu-ray. Now for the regular PS4 to not have 4K, that’s fine. The tech really wasn’t set in stone three years ago. For the PS4 pro now, there’s no excuse.
I understand the expectation, but things do change. BR wasn't nearly the sales driver DVD was - even for the PS3 vs the 4 - and in this age of streaming 4K BR isn't going to be a mass-market driver for anything. For a machine that was conceived as a niche item to begin with, they clearly made a pointed decision to ignore that angle.

Regarding the sale; I don't understand why companies run this type of promo. You're not going to get any kind of goodwill when a majority of customers find out they can't actually get the advertised discount.

I understand the expectation, but things do change. BR wasn't nearly the sales driver DVD was - even for the PS3 vs the 4 - and in this age of streaming 4K BR isn't going to be a mass-market driver for anything. For a machine that was conceived as a niche item to begin with, they clearly made a pointed decision to ignore that angle.

Regarding the sale; I don't understand why companies run this type of promo. You're not going to get any kind of goodwill when a majority of customers find out they can't actually get the advertised discount.

What makes me think that it was a bad move is the countless people, like myself, that say they would be buying a PS4 pro if it had a 4K BD drive. It’s clearly hurting sales.

What makes me think that it was a bad move is the countless people, like myself, that say they would be buying a PS4 pro if it had a 4K BD drive. It’s clearly hurting sales.
Sony clearly made the right decision, as November NPD proves. Even with the launch of XB1-X (with UHD drive) and XB1-S (also with UHD drive) going below $200, PS4 still ended up winning the month in hardware sales even with neither base PS4 nor PS4 Pro featuring a UHD drive.

Why is that? It all comes down to price. By not including the UHD drive in the PS4 Pro, they saved on the cost (let's say $25-$50) and this allowed them to be more aggressive in their promos. Deals like $350 for (PS4 Pro + game) or $300 with Amazon trade-in promo only happen with no UHD drive. Sure, they sacrifice a few potential customers like you for whom no UHD drive is a dealbreaker. But they pick up scores of others (like myself) who are more convinced by the lower price. It's a calculated tradeoff, and it worked (that's why PS4 Pro has consistently comprised ~20% of all new PS4 units sold).

Yep. That's why I purchased an X1S instead of the Pro. If both had a 4K player, I would have paid the extra $200 for the Pro (got the X1S from Walmart for $200). With that said, I would wouldn't mind buying the Pro, but I have a feeling we're going to hear about the PS5 soon.
Hear about sure, be able to purchase that will be different, guessing it will go on sale november 2019 roughly.

Forgot to check this morning for the deal and thought it had sold out last night lol. Guess Target wasn't feeling the holiday spirit heh. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up; I was looking forward to getting a second Pro. :(
With that bein the case i am sure you then bought one from amazon for 299.99 ?

Sony clearly made the right decision, as November NPD proves. Even with the launch of XB1-X (with UHD drive) and XB1-S (also with UHD drive) going below $200, PS4 still ended up winning the month in hardware sales even with neither base PS4 nor PS4 Pro featuring a UHD drive.

Why is that? It all comes down to price. By not including the UHD drive in the PS4 Pro, they saved on the cost (let's say $25-$50) and this allowed them to be more aggressive in their promos. Deals like $350 for (PS4 Pro + game) or $300 with Amazon trade-in promo only happen with no UHD drive. Sure, they sacrifice a few potential customers like you for whom no UHD drive is a dealbreaker. But they pick up scores of others (like myself) who are more convinced by the lower price. It's a calculated tradeoff, and it worked (that's why PS4 Pro has consistently comprised ~20% of all new PS4 units sold).

I can agree with you that it can be a precise decision to lower the up front cost of the device. My retort to that would be to do what they're doing with the VR. Make several options so all aspects of the market are covered. Old hardware, new hardware, various bundles.

With that bein the case i am sure you then bought one from amazon for 299.99 ?
I didn't try for the $50 coupon and didn't want to risk trading in and the coupon being late, so didn't go for it. I'll just wait another year when the price comes down or something new transpires at E3.

bread's done
Back