PS4 Pro Preorders up

Your an idiot because I know what it means and what im saying is if you think PS4 Pro or the scorpio will play in native 4k ur in for a rude awakening. It will be upscaled and probablly wont even hit 1440 resolution. And the netflix and youtube 4k streaming definatly wont hit actual 4k. Thats what i was meaning by stream. Sorry if my words confused but reguardless still not gonna be 4k

You're, not your.

I'm, not im.

Probably, no probablly.

Definitely, not definatly.

Regardless, not reguardless.

I is supposed to be capitalized.

You're, not ur.

And considering you called him an idiot for no real reason and were a bit insulting in your other posts for no reason at all, like telling people to stfu up and listen and so fourth, I wouldn't be too quick to throw around calling others an idiot.

It absolutely will stream in 4k. It does not require much power at all to stream in 4k.

Though I agree, that the pro can't do native 4k gaming.
I wouldn't call it a big win but it's confirmed that Last of Us is native and not upscaled 4k. It's telling that the only game capable of that upscale is a PS3 port but I bet many of the lower taxing PSN games will also run natively at 4K.

I wouldn't call it a big win but it's confirmed that Last of Us is native and not upscaled 4k. It's telling that the only game capable of that upscale is a PS3 port but I bet many of the lower taxing PSN games will also run natively at 4K.
Yeah definitely there will be lower end games that run 4K natively on Pro. There are some docs on the Playstation website that detail the resolutions and stuff available to developers. It'll be interesting to see what devs come up with though knowing the games also have to downscale and be playable on lower end equipment too. I don't know where people got the idea that they would all be upscaled like what MS is doing with the S. It's just up to the developer to do more and to some degree they are required to do something for the Pro.

You're, not your.

I'm, not im.

Probably, no probablly.

Definitely, not definatly.

Regardless, not reguardless.

I is supposed to be capitalized.

You're, not ur.

And considering you called him an idiot for no real reason and were a bit insulting in your other posts for no reason at all, like telling people to stfu up and listen and so fourth, I wouldn't be too quick to throw around calling others an idiot.
Ok grammar nazi. And im to the point of idc and ppl can think what they want. 95 percent of this country does not have the bandwith to support 4k streaming for one. For two 4k streaming is not full 4k anyways because stream netflix in 4k and then watch a 4k blu ray on a 4k blu ray player and tell me the blu ray doesnt look 2 times better then the stream. Also game studios can say what they want but there is zero chance in hell of games being native 4k on the pros or the rumored scorpios power. Standing still doing nothing? Sure maybe it can hit 4k but actually doing something with things happening around you? Not a chance. I just think people are nuts to think that they are really going to get 4k. I mean hell we may not even get full 1080p at 60fps with the pro. All i am saying is if you are getting a pro so you can 4k game and stream in full 4k. Unless you have 1gb internet your gonna be highly disappointed.

Ok grammar nazi. And im to the point of idc and ppl can think what they want. 95 percent of this country does not have the bandwith to support 4k streaming for one. For two 4k streaming is not full 4k anyways because stream netflix in 4k and then watch a 4k blu ray on a 4k blu ray player and tell me the blu ray doesnt look 2 times better then the stream. Also game studios can say what they want but there is zero chance in hell of games being native 4k on the pros or the rumored scorpios power. Standing still doing nothing? Sure maybe it can hit 4k but actually doing something with things happening around you? Not a chance. I just think people are nuts to think that they are really going to get 4k. I mean hell we may not even get full 1080p at 60fps with the pro. All i am saying is if you are getting a pro so you can 4k game and stream in full 4k. Unless you have 1gb internet your gonna be highly disappointed.
You need nowhere near 1gb internet to stream 4k. I have 150mbps and stream 4k just fine.

So by the looks of it, this is just a complaining thread of ps4 pro disappointments? lol

Either way there would have been complaints. Gamer's are never happy these days.  hehe

All that power that the scorpio will have, lets see the price tag on that. Oh it's going to be a sht storm

You need nowhere near 1gb internet to stream 4k. I have 150mbps and stream 4k just fine.
"4k" means nothing by itself, though, digital video is all about the bitrate.

You can have something that's technically 4k resolution but looks like utter garbage. That's what some of us were trying to say earlier. If you think Netflix or Youtube's "4K" video will look anywhere near as good as an UHD BR, you're mistaken.

So by the looks of it, this is just a complaining thread of ps4 pro disappointments? lol

Either way there would have been complaints. Gamer's are never happy these days. hehe

All that power that the scorpio will have, lets see the price tag on that. Oh it's going to be a sht storm
Let's put it this way. If the PS4 Pro is being set up to do either do 4k, 1080 60fps, or max detail but only one of those three the Scorpio will just do them out of the box BUT it will be under one of the following conditions:

-it releases at 500 bucks but late next year to let components drop in cost

-it releases at 600 but MS thinks they have a better pitch then Sony's "get two jobs!" debacle

-it releases summer at 500 and MS takes a bath on cost to try and catch up on the lead Sony maintains throughout 2017.

Here's the biggest thing MS needs to do. Even though VR is crap right now (VR fanboy here btw), it will be cost effective and better in a solid 4-5 years. If you plan on having any studios making legitimately great VR selling games you need 4-5 years to spin up that development. Assuming that they work with Vive and/or Occulus they can't leave it to the open market to accomplish this and need to start spending money on that now. Sony is going to utterly dominate VR in 2017 simply because they have already invested more money than anyone else in content.

Last edited by a moderator:
"4k" means nothing by itself, though, digital video is all about the bitrate.

You can have something that's technically 4k resolution but looks like utter garbage. That's what some of us were trying to say earlier. If you think Netflix or Youtube's "4K" video will look anywhere near as good as an UHD BR, you're mistaken.
Yep. Netflix doesn't even match up well enough for my tastes now at 1080. I've got google fiber so it isn't like I'm getting bumped off HD quality to SD, it's the stream itself. That gap is only going to widen the higher the resolution goes.

Now are most people going to notice? I don't know, when you have a $250 tv from walmart or target that says 4k then probably not.

This is actually the argument I use for when people ask me why I care so much about physical media when it comes to movies and television, but I prefer digital when it comes to games. I actually hope physical media for games dies out completely. The day physical games are no more is the day we start getting better prices for digital gamses. The quality of the games don't differ from digital to physical at all. They're are exactly the same game. Blurays are a completely different story.

well with today 10% back in ebay bucks and the best buy gc promo still going on ..i caved in and ending up deciding to get the ps4 pro...and selling my ps4 ...im sure eventually im going to want to do that so with $40 back in ebay bucks and $40 off with the bonus thats already $80 off ....i mean technically i could go to best buy and buy some ebay credit and do it all again which most likely I'll do making it another 80 off hahaha...i guess that'd be a good idea.. since you can now buy gift cards with ebay gift cards for next month or so

Either way there would have been complaints. Gamer's are never happy these days. hehe

I think a $500 price point for Scorpio will be very well received.

From the way everyone here has been hyping up scorpio, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when they finally announce it.

From the way everyone here has been hyping up scorpio, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when they finally announce it.
100 times this.

Esspecially seeing as how if the rumored specs for scorpio are true there is no way they will be able to sell it for any less then 600 unless they decide to take a huge loss on it.

100 times this.

Esspecially seeing as how if the rumored specs for scorpio are true there is no way they will be able to sell it for any less then 600 unless they decide to take a huge loss on it.
I don't think you understand how prices on parts work. Considering they're not launching this until the end of next year, the parts will be a lot cheaper than they are now. They can easily launch at $400-500.

I don't think you understand how prices on parts work. Considering they're not launching this until the end of next year, the parts will be a lot cheaper than they are now. They can easily launch at $400-500.
Depends on what they are aiming for and when they start to go in production. If it comes out in Nov they likely start making them in June which means they secure the part deals before that. Prices drop but if they are really aiming for native 4k/60 fps it won't be cheap. High end pc gpu cards have trouble with that and they are $1000+.

They're using AMD graphics and AMD still hasn't released anything that's 4K60 capable... if they use a Polaris chipset (doubtful, based on the 480, I doubt it's capable of true 4K60), it'll likely be something more advanced/boosted version than what's available now. Or they might use Vega, which isn't coming out until Q1 2017 (I think?)... it's supposed to compete with Nvidia's best (which can't do 4K60 either). But in either case, the price for today's tech might drop but whatever MS is planning on using the Scorpio will be much newer than what's available today.

Still, MS will likely price this competitively... maybe even take a loss on it. All depends on how the PS4 Pro does.

EDIT* Not saying your argument is wrong/invalid, just that the impact may not be as big as one might assume.

They're using AMD graphics and AMD still hasn't released anything that's 4K60 capable... if they use a Polaris chipset (doubtful, based on the 480, I doubt it's capable of true 4K60), it'll likely be something more advanced/boosted version than what's available now. Or they might use Vega, which isn't coming out until Q1 2017 (I think?)... it's supposed to compete with Nvidia's best (which can't do 4K60 either). But in either case, the price for today's tech might drop but whatever MS is planning on using the Scorpio will be much newer than what's available today.

Still, MS will likely price this competitively... maybe even take a loss on it. All depends on how the PS4 Pro does.
Also if a console manufacturer places an order for 20 million chips over a 3 to 5 year period, they are going to pay no where near the market cost for those. So comparing video card costs in retail has very little bearing on how much Microsoft will end up charging.

If I could send my current PS4 to Sony along with $100 and get a Pro, I would.

That's not the case.
Sure, but with a little leg work and timing you could have sold your PS4 for around $250 in July / August like I did making it only a $150 upgrade. Sure I'm out a system for a number of months, but that's a small price to pay. I've just been playing my Vita and PS3 backlog in the meantime.

yeah just sold my ps4 for 240 used :p...also with the current promo on ebay for gcs (best buy) its a pretty cheap upgrade...150 will get you 165 and if you have the ebay bucks bonus its 10% back.....

Is the original ps4 really being replaced by ps4 slim and pro? Meaning they'll be discontinued? If so, I'll keep my launch ps4

Is the original ps4 really being replaced by ps4 slim and pro? Meaning they'll be discontinued? If so, I'll keep my launch ps4
Yes, the new PS4 Slim is the new model for the regular ps4 now much like how the slim replaced the fat ps2 and the slim and eventually super slim replaced the fat ps3s.

Sure, but with a little leg work and timing you could have sold your PS4 for around $250 in July / August like I did making it only a $150 upgrade. Sure I'm out a system for a number of months, but that's a small price to pay. I've just been playing my Vita and PS3 backlog in the meantime.
$150 + tax on $400, sure. That's still pretty iffy to me. And yeah, I considered that since I assumed this thing would have UHD BR playback, but wasn't going to be PS4-less for that long, especially since it's currently my main BR player. Sure, I could turn on the Xone, but I feel like the dust that it would emit would necessitate evacuation.

Also, there are quite a few games between now and then that I want to play but sure as hell wouldn't buy, and I can't GameFly PC games.

$150 + tax on $400, sure. That's still pretty iffy to me. And yeah, I considered that since I assumed this thing would have UHD BR playback, but wasn't going to be PS4-less for that long, especially since it's currently my main BR player. Sure, I could turn on the Xone, but I feel like the dust that it would emit would necessitate evacuation.

Also, there are quite a few games between now and then that I want to play but sure as hell wouldn't buy, and I can't GameFly PC games.
If thats the case then why the hell dont you sell your Xbone? You can still fairly easily get 200+ out of it on craigslist and if its that dusty(jokingly or truthfully) then wtf is the point of owning it?

If thats the case then why the hell dont you sell your Xbone? You can still fairly easily get 200+ out of it on craigslist and if its that dusty(jokingly or truthfully) then wtf is the point of owning it?
360 backwards compatibility. And Sunset Overdrive never came to PC.

I'd grab an older PS4 for dirt cheap, but I will wait until after the PS4 Pro is out and fully tested and see what it brings to 1080p.  Not investing into 4K for some time (not even on my PC), so I just want more stable 1080p Sony exclusives.  

I still have an used launch PS3 which is hardware compatible with PS2 games, but for PS4, I think the only good the fat PS4 is its optical output which mostly obsolete as many amps now use HDMI, however, I don't see the reason to get slim if you already have the fat one.

I still have an used launch PS3 which is hardware compatible with PS2 games, but for PS4, I think the only good the fat PS4 is its optical output which mostly obsolete as many amps now use HDMI, however, I don't see the reason to get slim if you already have the fat one.
Better wifi and bluetooth, smaller footprint, energy efficient, quieter operation, maybe some other things I'm forgetting, but if none of those matter then there is no reason to lateral-grade to a slim.

For those interested Paypal has a end of summer sale right now that will get you $10 off 100 I've been reading forums & seems to be working I got the email. Some got emails with $10 off of 75 but a few like me were 10 off 100. I activated it in case I find a deal on an xbox one to use in conjunction with the 10% ebay bucks offer (after reading forums it seems to stack) but going to be hard to find a XB1 S deal that comes close to the walmart one that's no longer available.

This is actually the argument I use for when people ask me why I care so much about physical media when it comes to movies and television, but I prefer digital when it comes to games. I actually hope physical media for games dies out completely. The day physical games are no more is the day we start getting better prices for digital gamses. The quality of the games don't differ from digital to physical at all. They're are exactly the same game. Blurays are a completely different story.
While you're absolutely right on the pricing, the long term value on gaming would plunge into the toilet. There's a reason some games are worth $300 and up, they're in short supply and high demand. I don't EVER want a time where no game can be bought in a store. My collection has value because it's something you can see and touch. This is not a fight I'll let go down easy. Why must games be all digital? I have just as much right to want physical and those who want digital. When digital is treated with significantly better pricing, maybe gaming will be all digital. As it is now, digital's pricing is a joke and not the funny kind.

While you're absolutely right on the pricing, the long term value on gaming would plunge into the toilet. There's a reason some games are worth $300 and up, they're in short supply and high demand. I don't EVER want a time where no game can be bought in a store. My collection has value because it's something you can see and touch. This is not a fight I'll let go down easy. Why must games be all digital? I have just as much right to want physical and those who want digital. When digital is treated with significantly better pricing, maybe gaming will be all digital. As it is now, digital's pricing is a joke and not the funny kind.
Never said you didn't have the right to want physical. Like I said, I feel that way about blurays. If physical movies ever stop getting released I would loose my shit. I just want cheaper digital games. Different strokes for different folks and all.

I 4k 30fps is achievable for some games at 6 teraflops now. At a console it should be easier. But true 4k games at 30fps  will be hard to manage. I think Sony has the right idea by shooting for supersampling for 1080p or checkerboarding to get desired framerates. I honestly think both will look great. As far as 6 teraflop card coming next year shouldnt be much of a jump as the 480 is 5.5 tf and is already out there. 

Never said you didn't have the right to want physical. Like I said, I feel that way about blurays. If physical movies ever stop getting released I would loose my shit. I just want cheaper digital games. Different strokes for different folks and all.
Digital game prices are absurd and the sales on digital are rarely superior to sales on physical games. I definitely could see why someone would like digital only with their games, I have friends who prefer it. It certainly saves space and is very convenient, I personally like having something tangible that I can see and touch, but I also have a game room to display the stuff. Once consoles are on the same level pricing wise as Steam I believe we will see a big stride towards a digital future, but I don't see physical games or movies going away anytime soon, if ever. Too many people don't have the connection speeds required to download and stream movies and games. Digital works great for PC because it's a more niche market and I can't imagine many PC Gamers have bad internet connections considering the amount of money it costs to have a solid gaming PC.

does anyone know if the target.com website still gives you the discount if you pay off the whole item with target gcs but put in your red card? i remember something like that a while ago...not sure if they fixed that glitch

well ended up preordering the pro from gamestop..i did the bestbuy - ebay - best buy credit thing twice so turned 450 best buy credit into 660 with about 200 in ebay bucks and sold off my old ps4 for 240 :D....but when i came back all best buy gc were wiped out lol...so ended up getting gamestop cuz it was the only gc that was available and my ebay buck bonus was running out of time. So ended up making a profit sort of by buying the PS 4 Pro ...the true CAG way haahha. :D hopefully others did the same as well. I thought  I might as well upgrade incase we end up with a 3dsxl vs new 3ds xl situation on our hands..as we prob wont see another ps4 console for another 3 years or so

Every time I visit this thread I cringe at the whining and bitching and leave as quickly as possible. This thread is a disgrace to CAG.

does anyone know if the target.com website still gives you the discount if you pay off the whole item with target gcs but put in your red card? i remember something like that a while ago...not sure if they fixed that glitch
If your red card is on file, it should give you the discount even if you pay it off with a gift card. I did that a few months ago. It should show you on the final screen before you place the order.

Eh it's too late now I couldn't find any target gcs on eBay .. so ended up with GameStop ones , thanks for the reply though 😀

If your red card is on file, it should give you the discount even if you pay it off with a gift card. I did that a few months ago. It should show you on the final screen before you place the order.

Every time I visit this thread I cringe at the whining and bitching and leave as quickly as possible. This thread is a disgrace to CAG.
You know, your comment could also be considered to be whining and bitching about the whining and bitching, so might just be best to not come back in here again, so you can save your delicate ears from all these horrible posts.

You know, your comment could also be considered to be whining and bitching about the whining and bitching, so might just be best to not come back in here again, so you can save your delicate ears from all these horrible posts.
My delicate ears? It's a bunch of annoying bitch ass kids complaining about which tech box is slightly better. People with actual lives don't give a shit about these trivial things and just enjoy what they prefer. Go outside.

My delicate ears? It's a bunch of annoying bitch ass kids complaining about which tech box is slightly better. People with actual lives don't give a shit about these trivial things and just enjoy what they prefer. Go outside.
Seems like you care about it a little more than you're letting on, since you keep commenting about it. I think you are the one who needs to go outside, since you're the one acting like a bitch ass who has no actual life.

Seems like you care about it a little more than you're letting on, since you keep commenting about it. I think you are the one who needs to go outside, since you're the one acting like a bitch ass who has no actual life.
Point proven. You're clearly 12 or neckbeard.

bread's done
Back