PSA: $10 off Mario games @ Best Buy - Check your email

Shadowpossum

CAG Newbie
Just received an email from Best Buy containing a coupon for $10 off "select Mario games." Haven't seen a list of eligible titles, but I can confirm that it works for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Super Mario Party, Odyssey, NSMBU DX, and MK8D are also pictured and probably safe bets.

Subject line is "Celebrate Mario's 35th anniversary with savings on select games." Expires 3/6/2021

Hope that helps somebody. Happy hunting!

EDIT: Well, shoot. Just saw this on the CAG Twitter feed. Hopefully the extra visibility and info regarding Mario 3D World make this not a total waste of a post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a ton.  Was thinking about getting this for my son's birthday, but he already the WiiU one.  Between this discount and reports that Bowser's Fury is actually more than just short DLC and pretty substantial it pushed me over the edge.  Worked great for a preorder.

If anyone has a code they don't want it would be very appreciated. I want to order 3d world as my wii u bricked recently while updating pikmin 3.

Looks like they dropped the pre-order for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury price to $49.99.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear my code works (although it says it's applied).  Anyone able to get it to apply correctly to the new $49.99 pre-order price?

Edit: Hmm....went from $49.99 back to $59.99 when I started playing around with ordering.  Possible that it remembered my previous code from last week's attempt?

Nevermind...sorry all.  I believe it was just remembering my previous attempts at using the code.  Nothing to see here!

Just another sad, sorry code beggar here. Figured I might as well give it a shot if anyone has an extra they're not gonna use.  :pray:

Looking for a code too, would love to double dip with GCU for last deal.

Edit: got my code now :)

So, this only takes $10 off of the regular price? I'm interested in grabbing Oragami King but it looks like it and most of the other Mario games are currently at least $10 off already so this would only be useful for preordering 3D World, correct? If that's the case, I'll refrain from begging for one.

So, this only takes $10 off of the regular price? I'm interested in grabbing Oragami King but it looks like it and most of the other Mario games are currently at least $10 off already so this would only be useful for preordering 3D World, correct? If that's the case, I'll refrain from begging for one.
Correct, doesn't appear to stack with sale prices.

Same for me. Got a code, first come first serve. Won't be using it anytime soon.

Code is send. :)

I never get these emails. Neither do most others. I think we need to stop dedicating threads to such ymmv deals.

I am subscribed to their emails too and still didn't get one. Guess you have to let them spam you 5 times a day to get 10 bucks lol.

The original emails contained the online codes which are unique for everyone but they also included a bar code to use in store.  Are the bar codes also unique for everyone?  Has anyone tried to use one?  The original post about this on the CAG discord had 2864 4980 5637 6995 5054 9793 for the bar code.  Is this the same one others have received in their emails?  If they are all the same then we can print them out and use them in store today for $10 off 3D World.

So.... Best Buy hadn't shipped my 3D World yet so I reached out to their customer service (phone, chat was no help) and they were able to give me a new digital order for the same price as my physical copy with the coupon. If your game hasn't shipped and can still be cancelled you might give them a call and try your luck.

The original emails contained the online codes which are unique for everyone but they also included a bar code to use in store. Are the bar codes also unique for everyone? Has anyone tried to use one? The original post about this on the CAG discord had 2864 4980 5637 6995 5054 9793 for the bar code. Is this the same one others have received in their emails? If they are all the same then we can print them out and use them in store today for $10 off 3D World.
My barcode is different

Are you trying to use it on a Mario game that's on sale? It won't work on those.

When I pre-ordered mine, the product page said "ships by release day" instead of release date delivery. That sounded fishy so I chose store pickup instead.
My order page says arriving today, but when I check the tracking info it says it hasn't even been received yet. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday

I just gave up on getting a discount and had target do same day delivery. Really looking forward to playing it!

When I pre-ordered mine, the product page said "ships by release day" instead of release date delivery. That sounded fishy so I chose store pickup instead.
Mine had that too, but on the product page it lets you put in your zip code and tells you, "will arrive on 2/12"

They did ship mine Thursday morning but the weather has been awful so they didn't deliver it today :cry:

My order page says arriving today, but when I check the tracking info it says it hasn't even been received yet. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday
Best Buy’s shipping sucks. I think sometimes they don’t get picked up because the store hasn’t packed it in time. Vs a centralized warehouse like amazon where they know what they’re doing.

Best Buy’s shipping sucks. I think sometimes they don’t get picked up because the store hasn’t packed it in time. Vs a centralized warehouse like amazon where they know what they’re doing.
Stores generally don't ship new release games for street date delivery. Maybe around the holiday they would to help fulfill order for games with less overall stock but definitely not with a major release like Mario where each warehouse has thousands of copies.

Stores generally don't ship new release games for street date delivery. Maybe around the holiday they would to help fulfill order for games with less overall stock but definitely not with a major release like Mario where each warehouse has thousands of copies.
It was a small appliance I was referring to. It never got picked up.

My Mario world was delayed because of ontrac, which also sucks.

It was a small appliance I was referring to. It never got picked up.

My Mario world was delayed because of ontrac, which also sucks.
Mine still hasn't made it either because of the weather, so I'm going to miss out on the pins. I can't complain though since a lot of people in my state don't even have electricity or water right now.

No email here poop....

I opened up bestbuy.com and put one in my cart I’m gonna leave it there for a couple of days maybe they’ll decide hey this guys on the fence? We all know they track in the hell out of us so I might as well see if it works....

If anyone still has a code, feel free to DM me! I just bought my first Switch (the same week as the new Pro was announced :whistle2:/ ) and I'm looking to get a Mario game  :whistle2:

I just tried to add the Super Mario 3D All-Stars game to my cart, but the Best Buy website wouldn't allow me to do it.  

Did they recall the game early or something?

I just tried to add the Super Mario 3D All-Stars game to my cart, but the Best Buy website wouldn't allow me to do it.

Did they recall the game early or something?
Did you try adding anything else to your cart? I haven't been able to add anything to my cart when using Best Buy on my computer for awhile now. I don't know if an extension is causing problems, or if Best Buy's website has just gone to shit and won't let people buy anything. Between games and laptops, everything I've added to my cart just says "There was a problem adding your product to cart".

I tried on my phone on the Best Buy app and the 3D All-Stars did add to cart, so give that a try.

Did you try adding anything else to your cart? I haven't been able to add anything to my cart when using Best Buy on my computer for awhile now. I don't know if an extension is causing problems, or if Best Buy's website has just gone to shit and won't let people buy anything. Between games and laptops, everything I've added to my cart just says "There was a problem adding your product to cart".

I tried on my phone on the Best Buy app and the 3D All-Stars did add to cart, so give that a try.
It finally worked, but it appears that the $10 off drops each game to $49.99. I was under the impression that the games would be $39.99 each. What a rip. I'll probably just get Super Mario 3D All-Stars since the game will be recalled soon, my birthday is coming up, and I like to treat myself. I don't really need Mario Kart 8 since I own it on the Wii U...and don't play it there.

bread's done
Back