PSA: The Borat DVD looks like it's pirated

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
When you guys go out or rent Borat this coming up week, don't freak out when the disc looks like a DVD-R. It's supposed to be this way.

borat_disc.jpg

While videoeta.com also says that the case is in a different language, it's not. The version I received has an english case.

Just a heads up before you go and bash retail employees or rental establishments for selling you what looks to be a pirated disc.

Not so sweet when returning it though. I rented it early (yes, you can do that when you work at a rental store) and my manager hadn't seen it yet, so when I brought it in the next morning, I kinda got grilled by him for thinking it was a DVD-R. Kinda funny though.

If you're curious, the tagline at the top is "Is life? No. Demorez".

Type Demorez in google for an ironic "did you mean..?"

You know that the average idiot consumer is going to be confused at this and the studio will likely have to issue a version that doesn't look "pirated", along with an apology...or at least that's what I'm eventually expecting.

If you're too dumb to realize this as a joke, you're too dumb to be watching Borat, period

Conservative mid-easterner and/or southern rednecks need not purchase this

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']If you're too dumb to realize this as a joke, you're too dumb to be watching Borat, period

Conservative mid-easterner and/or southern rednecks need not purchase this[/QUOTE]

Borat: Serious Business.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Reminds me of System of a Down's Steal This Album CD.[/quote]

That's what I thought of as well.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You know that the average idiot consumer is going to be confused at this and the studio will likely have to issue a version that doesn't look "pirated", along with an apology...or at least that's what I'm eventually expecting.[/quote]

They didn't do it with System of a Down's Steal This Album, I doubt they would do it with this.

That's hilarious, though I do get the feeling that this will confuse some people, and a major news network will pick up the story and run with it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']That's hilarious, though I do get the feeling that this will confuse some people, and a major news network will pick up the story and run with it.[/QUOTE]

hence more copies of the movie will sell.

I can't fucking wait till Tuesday. This movie is an absolute must buy must own on release day DVD for me. By the way, is there going to be a two disc version and all kinds of exclusive crap with it depending on the retailer?

anyone know the features of the borat dvd? any special content?

and like hiccup, anyone know if there is gonna be a special edition as well?

[quote name='swetooth9']anyone know the features of the borat dvd? any special content?

and like hiccup, anyone know if there is gonna be a special edition as well?[/QUOTE]
Well let me put it to you this way:

1. The filmmakers said there was something like over 3 hours of deleted scenes. This DVD has 5 deleted scenes.

2. This was a massive grossing film, making over $300 million worldwide.

3. Fox is the absolute worst for releasing one-disc couple feature DVDs first, then a two disc about six months later.

So you do the math about whether there'll be an SE.

[quote name='prmononoke']They didn't do it with System of a Down's Steal This Album, I doubt they would do it with this.[/quote]

I have a feeling that quite a few more people are going to be exposed to the Borat DVD, verses those that bought SOAD's album.

why would you be confused, arent dvd-r's purple on the bottom or something? regular dvds dont look like dvd-rs... :/

There won't be a sequel to Borat, at least in this same style. Too many people know about Cohen's character to fall for his tricks again.

[quote name='rabbitt']There won't be a sequel to Borat, at least in this same style. Too many people know about Cohen's character to fall for his tricks again.[/quote]

i didn't :)

There won't be a sequel to Borat, at least in this same style. Too many people know about Cohen's character to fall for his tricks again.

You know, I thought this, too, but I don't think we really can wrap our minds around how incredibly out-of-touch so much of this country is. This could be due to age, location, or just sheer ignorance--or more than likely all three combined--but I guarantee you that he can easily squeeze out another 90-120 minute film.

Cohen could also go all 'meta' with it and fuck with people who think they're in on the joke. I could see "Borat" going to a Spring Break destination, and setting up the embarrassingly inebriated frat fucks and such with something totally humiliating, as they ham it up more and more, because "Dude, I'm fuckin' in the Borat sequel, yo!"

Witness how he played the wrestlers on the beach with the Bruno character for the gist of what I'm talking about. Oh, and I can only imagine how that character's film will go over with the aforementioned ignorami.

EDIT: i didn't

Wait...what?!

the first time i saw cohen was in borat..did not know that he was Ali G until after...b/c i never saw ali g in anything except commercials before

[quote name='rabbitt']There won't be a sequel to Borat, at least in this same style. Too many people know about Cohen's character to fall for his tricks again.[/quote]

"Borat Indahouse", cmon, make it happen...

bread's done
Back