PSN Action Packed Flash Sale - Ends 4/25 @ 2 PM ET - $6 Rogue Galaxy, $12 Beyond TS, $8 Tearaway Unfolded, $8 LBP3, & More!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Flash Sale Page

Cross Buy

:ps4: :vita: Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX - $2.24 - 75% Off

:ps4: :vita: Curses 'N Chaos - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :vita: Foul Play - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps4: :vita: Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut - $1.74 - 75% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Rollers of the Realm - $1.99 - 80% Off
:ps4: :vita: Tachyon Project - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Tower of Guns - $3.74 - 75% Off

PS4

Alien: Isolation - $11.99 - 60% Off

Awesomenauts Assemble! - $2.99 - 70% Off

Awesomenauts Assemble! Digital Collector's Edition - $15.99 - 60% Off

Beyond: Two Souls - $11.99 - 60% Off

Bladestorm: Nightmare - $23.99 - 60% Off

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - $23.99 - 60% Off

Bully - $5.99 - 60% Off

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition - $23.39 - 61% Off

Daylight - $5.99 - 60% Off

Dishonored Definitive Edition - $15.99 - 60% Off

Dust: An Elysian Tail - $3.74 - 75% Off

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - $19.99 - 60% Off

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimted - $23.99 - 60% Off

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Imperial Edition - $31.99 - 60% Off

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Premium Edition - $39.99 - 60% Off

The Evil Within - $23.99 - 60% Off

Evolve - $14.79 - 63% Off

Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition - $19.99 - 60% Off

Evolve Ultimate Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off

Fat Princess Adventures - $5.99 - 60% Off

Godzilla - $17.99 - 70% Off

Killzone Shadow Fall - $7.99 - 60% Off

Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept - $7.99 - 60% Off

Kromaia - $11.99 - 60% Off

Legend of Kay Anniversary - $11.99 - 60% Off

LittleBigPlanet 3 - $7.99 - 60% Off

Manhunt - $5.99 - 60% Off

The Mark of Kri - $5.99 - 60% Off

Max Payne - $5.99 - 60% Off

Metro 2033 Redux - $4.99 - 75% Off

Metro Redux - $7.49 - 75% Off [customspoiler='Includes']Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux[/customspoiler]

Not A Hero - $5.19 - 60% Off

The Order: 1886 - $7.99 - 60% Off

Overlord: Fellowship of Evil - $7.04 - 70% Off

Risae of the Kasai - $5.99 - 60% Off

Rogue Galaxy - $5.99 - 60% Off

Shadow Warrior - $7.49 - 75 %Off

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition - $9.99 - 75% Off

Stardust Vanguards - $3.99 - 60% Off

Tearaway Unfolded - $7.99 - 60% Off

Tembo The Badass Elephant - $5.99 - 60% Off

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - $7.49 - 75% Off

Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition - $11.99 - 60% Off

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Gold Edition - $19.79 - 67% Off

Valiant Hearts: The Great War - $4.94 - 67% Off

Wolfenstein: The New Order - $14.99 - 75% Off

PS3

Alien: Isolation - $11.99 - 60% Off

Beyond: Two Souls - $7.99 - 60% Off

BioShock - $7.99 - 60% off

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition - $19.49 - 61% Off

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - $15.99 - 60% Off

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD - $5.99 - 60% Off

Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition - $4.99 - 75 %Off

Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Dishonored - $7.99 - 60% Off

Dishonored Game of the Year Edition - $11.99 - 60% Off

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - $4.99 - 75 %off

Doom 3 BFG Edition - $15.99 - 60% Off

Doom Classic Complete - $5.99 - 60% Off

The Evil Within - $23.99 - 60% Off

Godzilla - $14.99 - 70% Off

Hard Corps: Uprising - $3.74 - 75% Off

I Am Alive - $2.99 - 80% Off

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition - $9.99 - 75% Off

Legend of Kay Anniversary - $3.74 - 85% Off

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - $4.99 - 75% Off

LittleBigPlanet 3 - $7.99 - 60% Off

Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition - $7.49 - 75% Off

Metro Last Light Complete Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

Okami HD - $5.59 - 60% Off

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection - $9.99 - 75% Off

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $2.99 - 70% Off

Saints Row IV - $3.99 - 80% Off

Shoot Many Robots - $1.99 - 80% Off

Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Spec Ops: The Line - $5.09 - 83% Off

Split/Second - $4.99 - 75% Off

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze - $9.59 - 76% Off

Toy Story 3: The Video Game - $4.99 - 75% Off

Transformers Franchise Pack - $28.99 - 71% off

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Gold Edition - $14.49 - 71% Off

Valiant Hearts: The Great War - $4.94 - 67% off

Wolfenstein 3D - $1.99 - 60% Off

Wolfenstein: The New Order - $14.99 - 75% off

XCOM: Enemy Within - $9.99 - 75% off

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone - $2.49 - 75% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

Bully - $3.99 - 60% Off

Manhunt - $3.99 - 60% Off

Max Payne - $3.99 - 60% Off

Red Faction - $2.49 - 75% Off

The Warriors - $3.99 - 60% Off

Vita

Dead or Alive 5 Plus (Vita) & Dead or Alive Paradise (PSP) - $17.99 - 64% Off

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - $7.49 - 75% Off

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus & Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - $17.99 - 70% Off

PSP - Vita Compatibility List

Carnage Heart EXA - $7.99 - 60% Off

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - $2.24 - 85% Off

Dead or Alive 5 Plus (Vita) & Dead or Alive Paradise (PSP) - $17.99 - 64% Off

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - $2.49 - 75% Off

Rockstar Games Vita Collection - $11.99 - 60% Off [customspoiler='Includes']Beaterator, Manhunt 2, Midnight Club L.A. Remix, and The Warriors for the PSP with Vita compatibility.[/customspoiler]

Split/Second - $4.99 - 75% Off

The Warriors - $5.99 - 60% Off

Last edited by a moderator:
the order is worth the sale price
I'd agree with that. It's short, linear and has little replayability. But it looks great, has an interesting story that is well acted and is a fun enough diversion for 6 hours or so. If you can rent or borrow it, go that way. Otherwise this is a price you can live with.

I'd agree with that. It's short, linear and has little replayability. But it looks great, has an interesting story that is well acted and is a fun enough diversion for 6 hours or so. If you can rent or borrow it, go that way. Otherwise this is a price you can live with.
Plus, easy plat.

Can anybody recommend The Order 1886, or is it a waste of time?
I haven't played it, but I did pick it up retail for ten bucks about a month ago. Seems to be the typical sale price at GameStop, etc if you want to save your hard drive. I got mine at Target.

im getting the opposite way, im starting to prefer less clutter around the house, so being able to trade these games in for more than the digital costs (with extra $10 coupon) is perfect.
i've got two kids who like to play games and its just easier dealing with digital. no worries about scratches or fingerprints or torn up artwork. and i can basically get two copies of the game for the same price. also, you can't switch discs while using remote play in another room or location all together.

Any try Foul Play? How is it?
Foul Play is a side scrolling beat em up game like Final Fight, Streets of Rage or Scott Pilgrim where you have to use combos to impress an audience who is watching the action unfold. I liked it, but the moves are a bit repetitive after a while.

random question

do you guys go through all the games and fill your wishlist or do you just wait for sales and choose from what is being served?

whenever I make a list I tend to lose to OCD and start buying prematurely

random question

do you guys go through all the games and fill your wishlist or do you just wait for sales and choose from what is being served?

Little of both.

I won't buy anything digital that is not on sale. www.psprices.com I always use this site to make sure i'm not impulse buying something that is always/often on sale either. (30% off during a weekly sale, vs 50-70% off every other flash sale)

random question

If I see something that looks cool and is too much I'll put it on my wishlist but usually just browse through the sales.

Should I get Tearaway Unfolded or LBP3? Hmmmm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

Should I get Tearaway Unfolded or LBP3? Hmmmm.
LBP3 probably has more content, but I'm going with Tearaway since it's an exclusive title that uses every feature of the PS4's controller. To me, that suggests that it will be a unique experience that you can't get on any other system (and don't say Vita because I already know). Therefore, it's a must-play!

Have this in my cart, anything worth adding to make it $30-$32?

PSN.jpg

Tempted to just buy Lone Survivor PS4 version too, but seems pointless?

Have this in my cart, anything worth adding to make it $30-$32?
PSN.jpg

Tempted to just buy Lone Survivor PS4 version too, but seems pointless?
Do you have Lone Survivor on PS3 and Vita already? I believe it was a PS+ title way back when. That was what stopped me from buying it for PS4.

Do you have Lone Survivor on PS3 and Vita already? I believe it was a PS+ title way back when. That was what stopped me from buying it for PS4.
When?

I've only really had PS+ since maybe January 2015?

Also saw Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, which has 3 games in 1. For $2.xx, seems worth it

nvm, I remember having PS+ around February.

For the first 3 months didn't check for new free games.

This was around the time my ps4 broke.

Missed out on both killzone and guacamelee. As well as some others -_-

nvm, I remember having PS+ around February.
For the first 3 months didn't check for new free games.
This was around the time my ps4 broke.
Missed out on both killzone and guacamelee. As well as some others -_-
Well, $2 isn't a big investment even if you backlog it for a while. I've spent much more on games that I've backlogged and never played, so you could do much worse.

It's the first version of the game on Vita. Since replaced by Ultimate and Last Round with several new characters.

Curses n Chaos is well worth the $3.99. Once I Googled how to play the game, I discovered that it was a very deep and rewarding game despite the 8-bit graphics. It reminds me of Ghosts and Goblins meets Bubble Bobble because you're clearing all the enemies out but you're confined to one screen. My only complaint is that digital games don't have instruction manuals which means that you have to do your own research to figure out the mechanics of a lot of these indie titles.

Curses n Chaos is well worth the $3.99. Once I Googled how to play the game, I discovered that it was a very deep and rewarding game despite the 8-bit graphics. It reminds me of Ghosts and Goblins meets Bubble Bobble because you're clearing all the enemies out but you're confined to one screen. My only complaint is that digital games don't have instruction manuals which means that you have to do your own research to figure out the mechanics of a lot of these indie titles.
I was thinking about it but I have like 300 NES 8 bits I never touch so eh I dunno

I was thinking about it but I have like 300 NES 8 bits I never touch so eh I dunno
The developer Tribute Games has been inspired by a lot of arcade and NES games. One of their earlier games Wizorb is darned similar to Arkanoid. Curses n Chaos is basically a high score chaser, but it's a pretty good one at that, and it's PS4 and Vita cross-buy if that makes a difference. I remember the days when games like those were all $50 per cartridge if you wanted to play them at home, so $4 is how I'm able to rationalize the purchase.

The developer Tribute Games has been inspired by a lot of arcade and NES games. One of their earlier games Wizorb is darned similar to Arkanoid. Curses n Chaos is basically a high score chaser, but it's a pretty good one at that, and it's PS4 and Vita cross-buy if that makes a difference. I remember the days when games like those were all $50 per cartridge if you wanted to play them at home, so $4 is how I'm able to rationalize the purchase.
I still remember saving up to buy little nemo dream master for 60 bucks

now there is an underrated game, I was hoping for a gift card deal this weekend so I could mop up the games I missed from my big purchase (like the one you're describing) on friday but it doesn't look like one is coming

I still remember saving up to buy little nemo dream master for 60 bucks

now there is an underrated game, I was hoping for a gift card deal this weekend so I could mop up the games I missed from my big purchase (like the one you're describing) on friday but it doesn't look like one is coming
Well, don't worry about it. I believe all of these games will go on sale again at some point, especially the indies and the Sony titles. You might have to wait several months though.

If you need to buy a small denomination of PSN credit, Walmart sells $10 cards in store. I just put another $20 on my account this morning, and now, I can't figure out what else I want to buy. Tearaway is in my cart, and I already bought Rogue Galaxy, Wolfenstein 3D, and Curses n Chaos on the last round.

Well, don't worry about it. I believe all of these games will go on sale again at some point, especially the indies and the Sony titles. You might have to wait several months though.

If you need to buy a small denomination of PSN credit, Walmart sells $10 cards in store. I just put another $20 on my account this morning, and now, I can't figure out what else I want to buy. Tearaway is in my cart, and I already bought Rogue Galaxy, Wolfenstein 3D, and Curses n Chaos on the last round.
I spent like 200 on this flashsale between ps3/ps4 lol

I already had 100 in wallet and did another 100

and I still have a few I want that I may talk myself into tonight

I was playing wolfenstein 3d saturday morning before work and was having a lot of fun with it

Yeah, I've been trying to do that as well. The question is really whether I can get back my $10 for the physical copy. What coupon are you referring to?

Can you comment on the DLC? I'm planning on getting the game during this sale, it's just a question of with or without all the DLC.
Buy the DLC if you are a fan of the movie, you can play as the characters from the original, Dallas, Ripley, etc. The DLC is short and has no trophy or achievements associated with it which for me was a bummer.

I spent like 200 on this flashsale between ps3/ps4 lol

I already had 100 in wallet and did another 100

and I still have a few I want that I may talk myself into tonight

I was playing wolfenstein 3d saturday morning before work and was having a lot of fun with it
Yeah, as good as these sales are, they're horrible for those of us like myself that have trouble saying no. For instance, I checked this morning and I have over 100 games on my PS4. I've only tried 20 or so at this point. Not a new thing for most CAGs, but it was quite an eye opener when I looked at my backlog.

Yeah, as good as these sales are, they're horrible for those of us like myself that have trouble saying no. For instance, I checked this morning and I have over 100 games on my PS4. I've only tried 20 or so at this point. Not a new thing for most CAGs, but it was quite an eye opener when I looked at my backlog.
well at least all these games we never will play will come in handy when the zombie Apocalypse happens and we lose power and have to hunt and gather all day while avoiding the infected

well at least all these games we never will play will come in handy when the zombie Apocalypse happens and we lose power and have to hunt and gather all day while avoiding the infected
That is exactly why you have a solar powered generator. That is the time when I plan to finally knock out the backlog.

I ended up picking up Aqua Kitty, that Queen Victoria on Mars game, and the Rock star Vita Collection. Also grabbed Castlevania Dracula X.

I'm interested in Foul Play and Curses n' Chaos, but they sound pretty similar so I'm not sure I should get both. Any opinions?
Other than the punching and kicking attacks, the games aren't really that similar. I described Foul Play a page or two back, and I described CnC a few posts ago. CnC is more like an old-school single screen enemy-clearing Nintendo game. Foul Play is an extremely combo heavy side-scrolling beat em up. I have both, but I suppose I like CnC more if I were hard-pressed to choose.

Does Aqua kitty support local co-op on PlayStation TV ? [as in one pstv, one tv, 2 dualshocks.]
sorry to ask again, but i cant find anything myself about it and I'm only interested for ps tv since I'm dieing to get something on sale with 2 player ability for it.

oh and I'm aware curse n chaos has it.

Good pick on SW. A very underrated gem. The sequel is coming out this year too. Matter of fact some new gameplay footage was just released today.
I watched some videos on youtube and was sold. Game looks super fun and funny. The sequel looks even better.

VERY difficult plat though....
I looked at the trophy list and decided I won't even try going for the plat. I'm tired of hunting for collectibles in every game, and I have little interest in playing games on the hardest difficulty these days.

Craaaaaaap it's 5 AM and I forgot to even think about this since Friday.  Time to make poor decisions and impulse purchases!

bread's done
Back