PSN Game Sale, Battle Tanks, UNO. Critter Crunch + More

chelosera91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
  • Battle Tanks (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
  • Braid (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
  • Burn Zombie Burn (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
  • Critter Crunch (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
  • Gravity Crash (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
  • Uno (now $3.99, original price $7.99)
  • ZEN Pinball (now $4.99, original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Diebythesword']Anyone know when the Mercury Meltdown bundle ends?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure when it ends, but for those curious it's still on sale.

I posted about it a couple of months ago:

Archer Maclean’s Mercury and Mercury Meltdown PSP value bundle (both games for $9.99)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242024

I had actually forgotten about this bundle. If it's still available by next payday I may still go ahead and pick it up. Thanks for the reminder!

Apologies if it has been asked before, but does anyone know if the PixelJunk bundle on PSN right now includes the Encore versions of the games or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kingtopher']Apologies if it has been asked before, but does anyone know if the PixelJunk bundle on PSN right now includes the Encore versions of the games or not?[/QUOTE]

Anybody?

I have $5 in Amazon PSN credit that I can't figure out how to spend. A search for Zombie Tycoon turned up nothing. Is there anything on the Amazon PSN store at the $5 mark worth getting?

[quote name='therpson']End of month I think.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that's true. I also wonder if that Tetris is on sale or if its a price drop :whistle2:k

[quote name='kingtopher']Apologies if it has been asked before, but does anyone know if the PixelJunk bundle on PSN right now includes the Encore versions of the games or not?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

pretty sure its just the games without the DLC.(Encore)

[quote name='freeorelse']Got burnout paradise but it keeps trying to download an update 1.90 everytime I start it and the update always fails.Arrrggghh[/QUOTE]
Try turning off your Media Server connection under Network Settings. Fixed this problem for me.

[quote name='KingGondo']Try turning off your Media Server connection under Network Settings. Fixed this problem for me.[/QUOTE]
That will fix it right up.:applause:

[quote name='chelosera91']can't beat TMNT at that price, is Cell Factor any good?[/QUOTE]I didn't care for it but there is a demo that you can try.

Good thing I bought the Mercury Bundle in the morning. Was surprised they updated at the regular time finally.

Got me Prince of Persia Classic, and thinking about Cellfactor

[quote name='jupiterjones']Dammit!

Just bought Turtles last week (couldn't hold out any longer) and of course it's now on sale!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I almost bought it 2-3 days ago, so glad I decided to get Eden Encore instead.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I didn't care for it but there is a demo that you can try.[/QUOTE]
Duh I forgot to check for a demo lol, thanks!

[quote name='chelosera91']can't beat TMNT at that price, is Cell Factor any good?[/QUOTE]
I thought it was fun, just I doubt a whole lot of people still play unfortunately.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Dammit!

Just bought Turtles last week (couldn't hold out any longer) and of course it's now on sale!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Can you please buy Military Madness and Fat Princess so these will go on sale next week? Thanks. ;)

I've been playing the 'challenges' in CellFactor and it seems really fun to me. I haven't checked to see how easy or hard it is to find an online game though. With this sale, maybe more people will be playing.

[quote name='Vinny']Is Turtles in Time Re-Shelled as bad as the reviewers say?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it fails on both nostalgia value and gameplay.

is it possible to buy PSN games from a computer?

I am currently on vacation and want to make sure I can buy one of these games before the sale ends... So, possible?

[quote name='iHack']is it possible to buy PSN games from a computer?

I am currently on vacation and want to make sure I can buy one of these games before the sale ends... So, possible?[/QUOTE]

Only through Amazon.

wow bought turtles thinking $5 might make it worth it even with the bad reviews... I was surprised with how many glitches I've run into... when first starting it the opening cinematic didn't play correctly and during most of the levels there seems to be slight screen tearing... I played on my 1080p tv and a standard and seemed to be there in both cases, also ran into a problem with it not letting me start a new game but after exiting out and starting it up again worked ok... anyone else have these problems? it wouldn't be such a bad game if it wasn't for this kind of stuff

Question for long-time PSP owners, if you've missed a PSN game temporary sale in the past, is there pretty much no chance the game will ever drop in price again? Are there any specific examples of PSP games on PSN dropping in price for a temporary sale, and then dropping in price again months later? I'm asking because I saw that Work Time Fun was on sale for half price at $5 around October. Do you think this game will ever drop down to the old temporary price again, or should I just bite the bullet and get it now for $10?

[quote name='randomkid']Question for long-time PSP owners, if you've missed a PSN game temporary sale in the past, is there pretty much no chance the game will ever drop in price again? Are there any specific examples of PSP games on PSN dropping in price for a temporary sale, and then dropping in price again months later? I'm asking because I saw that Work Time Fun was on sale for half price at $5 around October. Do you think this game will ever drop down to the old temporary price again, or should I just bite the bullet and get it now for $10?[/QUOTE]

How the fuck are we supposed to know?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Can anyone sell me on Mercury? It looks alright but I just don't know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Did you play Marble Madness? Did you like it? If so, the Mercury games are very well made, fun and addictive games IMO. You have to enjoy maze-type games although this one adds some cool physics. I'd give em an 8/10.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How the fuck are we supposed to know?[/QUOTE]

Well, you know, just trying to see if something like this has ever happened in the past before. If no one can think of any examples of PSN games dropping in price a second time months later after a temporary sale, then I'll know that it's unlikely to ever happen.

[quote name='randomkid']Well, you know, just trying to see if something like this has ever happened in the past before. If no one can think of any examples of PSN games dropping in price a second time months later after a temporary sale, then I'll know that it's unlikely to ever happen.[/QUOTE]

well I know that psn games have dropped in price more than once a couple of times though I don't know of any PSP ones that have specifically, but I don't have a PSP yet so yeah... but I know Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, Burnout Paradise, and a few others have seen deals more than once so there is a possibility

[quote name='mkernan']I've been playing the 'challenges' in CellFactor and it seems really fun to me. I haven't checked to see how easy or hard it is to find an online game though. With this sale, maybe more people will be playing.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm hoping i did like the demo. Maybe we can start a CAG group for it.

[quote name='Vinny']Is Turtles in Time Re-Shelled as bad as the reviewers say?[/QUOTE]

Yup, not nearly as a fun and they took out some levels from the original. My friend bought it and after playing a few levels we wanted his money back.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Thats what I'm hoping i did like the demo. Maybe we can start a CAG group for it.[/QUOTE]

If anybody does start a CellFactor group, let me know. I can't run it (wife, 2 kids, etc etc) but I'd certainly show up to play whenever I could.

I still haven't tried to get into a multiplayer game, but I'm enjoying the single-player challenges (basically a bot-match with a specific goal). There are 10 challenges for each of the 3 character classes, so its a decent amount of stuff to do for $5. There are trophies for completing all the challenges, so that's part of why I'm going through them all.

The game is a fast-paced (but not incredibly twitch, like Quake 3) arena-style shooter, in the vein of Unreal Tournament. What sets it apart a little is the pyschokinetic stuff they add in. You can pull in barrels or panels off the wall and hurl them at enemies. Even more interesting is the three classes. The bishop can fly for a short time and can charge up a big kinetic blast. The blackops can teleport, which is pretty damn cool. The guardian has a super jump, a super run, and can dual-wield any combination of weapons.

Overall, its pretty fun stuff and seems worth $5 to me. The big question is whether or not there's any online community and I highly doubt there is much of one. Hopefully the sale brings more people online to play.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How the fuck are we supposed to know?[/QUOTE]

It sounds like a legit question to me.

Simply put has anyone seen these go on sale, off sale, and back on sale? Ever?

[quote name='randomkid']Well, you know, just trying to see if something like this has ever happened in the past before. If no one can think of any examples of PSN games dropping in price a second time months later after a temporary sale, then I'll know that it's unlikely to ever happen.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think the bigger point being that PSN sales are few and far between enough that it's hard to say when or even if a particular title will ever go on sale. There are some titles that have gone on sale multiple times, there are some titles that have only been on sale once, and there are many titles that have never been on sale and may or may not ever go on sale. So asking about one specific title is kind of like asking people to predict the future -- you'd be just as well off asking your magic 8-ball. It might go on sale again, it might not. If it does, it may be next week, next month, next year, or two years from now. Unless you've got an inside line with Sony or the developer, it's impossible to say (and even they probably don't know, if it's not in any immediate plans).

Basically, if you care about the game enough, you might as well go ahead and buy it. If you're on the fence, then wait, but don't expect anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing PSN deals every week! Why not?? I'm all for it, I've been buying a lot of stuff just b/c its gone on sale..probably spent $60 on DD games since 12/15/09, still have $25 in my wallet. Gonna grab Cell Factor and PoP-Remake

Its only smart for Sony to do this b/c obviously MSFT does one every week. What is better, is that our friend's at Sony don't only give us one crappy title or DLC pack when they do a sale, they give us a lot of items!! makes it more enticing and means something for everyone...so here's to hoping these trends continue on the PSN!!

Please take any PSN gamesharing posts to the appropriate thread in the PS3 forum. Don't discuss that in this thread or any other deal thread.

[quote name='shrike4242']Please take any PSN gamesharing posts to the appropriate thread in the PS3 forum. Don't discuss that in this thread or any other deal thread.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't. I was describing a game that is on sale, for the benefit of others who might be interested in it. My use of the word 'group' was in reference to forming a group of people who would meet and play the game online together.

But thanks for deleting my post anyway.

[quote name='iHack']is it possible to buy PSN games from a computer?

I am currently on vacation and want to make sure I can buy one of these games before the sale ends... So, possible?[/QUOTE]

I thought you could download Sony's Media Go on the PC and buy games. Or is that only PSP games?

[quote name='Tom Ato']I thought you could download Sony's Media Go on the PC and buy games. Or is that only PSP games?[/QUOTE]
You can but the PSP needs to be plugged in to get to the store and make the purchase.

[quote name='drock']You can but the PSP needs to be plugged in to get to the store and make the purchase.[/QUOTE]

not at all, I bought games while on Media Go on my work PC, then downloaded when I got home thru Media Go there. Nothing forces you to have the PSP Go connected to make the purchase..You can have Media Go installed on however many machines you like. It's when you click on the Playstation Store that you enter your log in info and it connects to the server..

and if you haven't been keeping up, soon the PSN is going to be totally revamped and we will finally be able to make purchases and maybe queue up downloads from the internets!! :)

You can't buy PS3-only stuff through Media Go (as far as I know). It appears to only display PSP-related content (PSP games, PS One classics, etc) and the Video and Comics content. Just FYI.

bread's done
Back