PSN - Get $15 for spending $100! - ends June 21 (11:59pm PT)

kickrockz713

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/spend-100-get-15-terms-and-conditions/

Hope to stack with a flash sale!

If already posted, flame on. 

Spend $100 using your wallet for the PlayStation®Network (“PSN Wallet”) through June 21st, 2016 11:59pm PT, and receive a promotion code valued at $15  to credit to your PSN Wallet on or before July 5th, 2016 to spend on games, movies, TV shows, music and anything else that accepts PSN Wallet funds*! 

T&C

Promotion is available to legal U.S., Canada, and Mexico residents with an account for use of the PlayStation®Network (an “Account”) registered in their country of residency who are 18 or older and who have spent $100.00 or more using the PSN Wallet between June 13th, 2016 and June 21st, 2016 11:59pm PT. Third party application purchases not made through the PSN wallet are excluded. Each Account may only accrue a total of $15 in PSN Wallet credits pursuant to this promotion. 

The promotion code (“Code”) is good for one qualifying Account to redeem the PSN Wallet credit via the PlayStation®Store. Code expires at 11:59PM PT on August 2nd, 2016 and must be redeemed prior to this time. Code cannot be returned or exchanged for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. You will receive the redemption Code on or before July 5th, 2016 via XMB message on PS3™, system notification on PS4™, PS Vita™, or the email account used to set up your Account Sign-in ID. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Would this promo count if I purchase two years of PS+?
this is my question as well. Could work as long as u pay with psn credit and not the actual sub cards. And then buy something cheap to cover the 2 cents from 49.99 each... Does any1 know for sure?

These deals always turn cags into mindless consumers, hunting to hit the $100 with almost an obsessive nature regardless of if content is a deal or not. Instead of $15 back think of this as a 15% off coupon. If that beats normal prices and purchase loads, fine. But preordering games otherwise attained with gcu etc. doesn't make fiscal sense. Enjoy.

These deals always turn cags into mindless consumers, hunting to hit the $100 with almost an obsessive nature regardless of if content is a deal or not. Instead of $15 back think of this as a 15% off coupon. If that beats normal prices and purchase loads, fine. But preordering games otherwise attained with gcu etc. doesn't make fiscal sense. Enjoy.
Don't be ridickulous!

Agree. However, for games you buy digital only (like Destiny: rise of iron) it makes perfect sense. And if you want a game like No Mans Sky digitally so you don't need to swap discs, and also game share with your wife it adds up perfectly!

What PSVR games are there? All I saw were games that had optional VR elements, like Resident Evil 7 and Final Fantasy XV, which you can preorder.
That psvr world or whatever it's called. There's a section dedicated to vr games they announced but you cannot preordered anything as of yet

I've been waiting on Darksiders.  I think this will finally persuade me.  I'll get that and the crew wild run.  Then I've got to go from there.

Alot of us got PSN credit from the ebay/google express deals that we're still looking to use. It's much more than just saving $15.

I would of loved to pre-order FFXV and CoD at bestbuy and saving around $40 but when you have $150 worth of PSN credit for around $75-$100 and you get $15 back it's a much better deal.

So I'm a bit confused on how this works. Do you have to spend $100 in one transaction, or can you spend $100 in two separate transactions within the week?

I want to pre-order South Park and buy some other games on sale, but it won't let me do both and I just want to make sure I can still be eligible for the promotion even if I make separate purchases.

This offer does work out better than GCU for some because we might not be charged tax on digital content. Compared to physical purchases it's more like 24% off for me. That is, if I naturally spend $40 or so, and the $15 back kicks in with a pre-order.

This is a good deal if you are buying stuff you were going to go digital on anyway like rise of iron,cod or bf, no mans sky, maybe even the new South Park game and you get the first free. So far I've spent $5 on bf4 so $95 to go haha

This is a good deal if you are buying stuff you were going to go digital on anyway like rise of iron,cod or bf, no mans sky, maybe even the new South Park game and you get the first free. So far I've spent $5 on bf4 so $95 to go haha
Same, and I have no idea what to spend $95 on....

Did you check your message inbox on your console? Apparently sometimes people don't get an email but instead get the code through the message system. There was a person on a different thread accusing Sony of purposefully deceiving its customers and whining about everything when it clearly said it could be sent through the console message system.
Nothing in my system mailbox on the consoles either. I flat out didn't get the promo code, and per the fine print, I shouldn't have, so I didn't fight it.

So I'm a bit confused on how this works. Do you have to spend $100 in one transaction, or can you spend $100 in two separate transactions within the week?

I want to pre-order South Park and buy some other games on sale, but it won't let me do both and I just want to make sure I can still be eligible for the promotion even if I make separate purchases.
As long as you spend 100 from your wallet during the promotion period, your all set. To he safe, I wouldn't wIt till the last day.

Got Siege, Battlefield 4, and RE: Zero. Might get Naruto UNS4 Season Pass and Destiny: RoI to over the hump. Feeling a flash sale though.

I've seen a few people mention a flash sale as a possibility before this offer ends. Is that a hope because it's happened before?

So funds have to be added to the wallet before making a purchase in order to take advantage of this promo, correct? I just want to clarify that is the case rather than making the purchase from my linked CC.

I've seen a few people mention a flash sale as a possibility before this offer ends. Is that a hope because it's happened before?

So funds have to be added to the wallet before making a purchase in order to take advantage of this promo, correct? I just want to clarify that is the case rather than making the purchase from my linked CC.
Yeah. A lot of us believe the flash sale will start tomorrow. That's usually how their flash sales work (Friday's).

Its either going to happen tomorrow or next friday since next week is the last Friday of the month. But with E3 this week tomorrow sounds hopeful.

Its either going to happen tomorrow or next friday since next week is the last Friday of the month. But with E3 this week tomorrow sounds hopeful.
I looked back at past Flash sales and their dates were:

1/22/16

2/12/16

3/18/16

4/22/16

5/20/16

It ranges between 4-5 weeks, so this weekends would be the 4th week.

However, last year, their Flash sale for June started on the 26th, so it's very possible that they will do it next week. Or they could do it this week and just give a sub-par selection or theme.

Most of the time i don't do these because i feel like there's not enough stuff that i really want to equal $100 but I was planning on pre ordering infinite warfare digital deluxe (Infinite warfare, Infinite warfare season pass and Cod 4 remastered) for $100 anyways so this came up at just the right time.

Most of the time i don't do these because i feel like there's not enough stuff that i really want to equal $100 but I was planning on pre ordering infinite warfare digital deluxe (Infinite warfare, Infinite warfare season pass and Cod 4 remastered) for $100 anyways so this came up at just the right time.
Exactly! This is what most of us have been trying to say. When it's stuff you were going to buy digitally anyways it's a great bonus!

im really thinking of that south park game to get the first one now, while releases are kind of slow, but i really worry about it not coming out on time, since the stick of truth was so delayed it was still part of the $20 preorder deal at best buy by the time it came out.

im really thinking of that south park game to get the first one now, while releases are kind of slow, but i really worry about it not coming out on time, since the stick of truth was so delayed it was still part of the $20 preorder deal at best buy by the time it came out.
That happened because it was in developer/publisher hell. It kept getting bounced around. This game is coming from one place the whole way through.... it's coming in December.

The math on this deal is so complex because it's really $15 off whatever you wouldn't normally buy, then whatever you pay for the credit. And then it's like a sliding scale, like definitely MN7, then sure Ill take Darksiders, then it's eh Unravel looks like a PS+ title.

K

My ps+ auto renewed on 6/13 so gonna buy psn credit and then buy a yr from the psn store and then buy a super cheap game
When it was renewed was it taken directly from a credit card on file? If that's the case I'm pretty sure that doesn't count.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

When it was renewed was it taken directly from a credit card on file? If that's the case I'm pretty sure that doesn't count.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
It was taken from psn credit i built up over the yrs so i think I'm fine.

I only have $30ish in psn credit left on my acct now so i have to go to best buy to buy a couple of cards today

You're looking at it kind of backwards. I mean, you'd be right if people were just spending $100 to get $15 back, but it's more complex than that.

I got $100 in credit for $72.

I was patiently waiting for several games to go on sale, which they did, so I would have spent $50 on this sale no matter what [even no promo].

So now, the promo for me is effectively 'spend 50 and get 15 back'... and that 50 really only cost me $36. So at this point my deal is effectively spend $21 for $50 worth of games already on deep discount.

So yeah, I might stretch and get something i normally wouldn't to hit the total, but acting like I'm just spending $100 to get $15 back isn't true.

Well crap. I wasn't even planning to get in on this but my Vue just renewed and now I'm suddenly at $69.15 spent during this. Didn't really pass on anything other than Aeterno Blade and Daylight last week so didn't leave a lot on the table there at least. Don't think my quick glance earlier at the sale showed anything I didn't already have though. So do I find $31 worth of stuff to buy for $16 effectively? Hadn't thought about back up options at all, wish I could just pre-pay another month of Vue.

Well I ended up with the following:

Dark Souls 2 $15.99
Mega dimension Neptunia $11.99
Desert Ashes Ep 3 $0.19
NFS Rivals $5.99
PS Vue $34.99
Breath of Fire 3 PSP $9.99
Oxenfree + dynamic theme $16.49
Pac-Man 256 $4.99

Total $100.62

Still nothing. I've tweeted their support. Hoping for an answer soon. Considering today was the LAST day we were supposed to hear, I have a feeling something is up...

bread's done
Back