PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

I personally hope PSN is down forever.:booty: Most of the people who popped into games I was playing happened to be idiots anyway. I only really played games with 2-3 people from my friends list anymore and only 1-2 of them regularly anymore. The rest of my friends list had moved onto other games.

Then again, at least 3-6 of them are other CAG's, so if I wanna talk to them I'll just PM them on here.:razz:

I'd suggest people not rush and put their information up on their PSN account whenever it finally becomes available again.

Think about the pressure that their developers must be under right now. They're BUILDING a new system right now. You can't tell me that they can actually build, test, and deploy an entirely new database and point of sale system in a week or two. This is either going to take a very long time or they are going to have all kinds of holes/bugs in the system.

[quote name='typical guy']I'd suggest people not rush and put their information up on their PSN account whenever it finally becomes available again.

Think about the pressure that their developers must be under right now. They're BUILDING a new system right now. You can't tell me that they can actually build, test, and deploy an entirely new database and point of sale system in a week or two. This is either going to take a very long time or they are going to have all kinds of holes/bugs in the system.[/QUOTE]

Definately taking my CC info out. Back to buying with PSN Cards/Amazon Codes for me. Though, i just hope all of my accounts activations are still set. Losing all my downloaded games would make me madder/sadder than losing all of my PSN Trophies.

[quote name='typical guy']I'd suggest people not rush and put their information up on their PSN account whenever it finally becomes available again.

Think about the pressure that their developers must be under right now. They're BUILDING a new system right now. You can't tell me that they can actually build, test, and deploy an entirely new database and point of sale system in a week or two. This is either going to take a very long time or they are going to have all kinds of holes/bugs in the system.[/QUOTE]

You're just a typical guy. How would you know how long it takes?

[quote name='whoknows']You're just a typical guy. How would you know how long it takes?[/QUOTE]

I can tell you with some certainty that if they are actually building a new system like they claim to be, it would take quite some time to do. If they put it through REAL testing, that alone would probably take a few months....

Wouldn't surprise me if they really were working around the clock with teams in shifts like they claim to be. That is a lot of time to get something done especially when you always have people working.

They really need to allow devs to implement their own way for people to log into THEIR servers so that if another crash happens again people can still play the games they want to play online.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/28/qa-2-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services/
Q: Will our download history/friends list/settings be affected by the PSN downtime?
A: No, they will not.

Q: Will trophies that were earned in single-player offline games during the outage be intact when the service resumes?
A: These trophies are intact and will be re-synched when the network is once again operational.

Q: Will my PS+ cloud saves be retrievable?
A: Yes, once PSN is restored.

Q: What if we have a subscription to PS3 MMOs DC Universe Online or Free Realms? Will we get compensation for that?
A: From Sony Online Entertainment: “We apologize for any inconvenience players may have experienced as a result of the recent service interruption. As a global leader in online gaming, SOE is committed to delivering stable and entertaining games for players of all ages. To thank players for their patience, we will be hosting special events across our game portfolio. We are also working on a “make good” plan for players of the PS3 versions of DC Universe Online and Free Realms. Details will be available soon on the individual game websites and forums.”

Q: Will there be a goodwill gesture for the time we haven’t been able to utilize PSN/Qriocity?
A: We are currently evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online.

I don't think a free download of some $10 PSN game no one cares about is going to be enough to save Sony's ass.

[quote name='Blackout']I don't think a free download of some $10 PSN game no one cares about is going to be enough to save Sony's ass.[/QUOTE]

If they gave us X-Men Arcade for free all would be forgiven and then some, at least from me. :lol:

After reading this Yahoo article, this doesn't look great for Sony. I rarely use my PlayStation 3, but I'm not about to get rid of it. I'm not really sure how to feel about these lawsuits, though.

While I do think it's lousy that credit card information may have been stolen, shouldn't law enforcement agencies be more focused on finding these hackers and punishing them to the fullest extent domestic and international laws allow?

Also, is this quote right? It's from that article.
Sony's PlayStation Network, a service that produces an estimated $500 million in annual revenues, provides access to online games, movies and TV shows. Nine out of 10 of PlayStation's users are based in the United States or Europe.
I thought the Asian market was huge?

[quote name='Blackout']I don't think a free download of some $10 PSN game no one cares about is going to be enough to save Sony's ass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know cause everyone is trading in their PS3s and Sony is done. :roll: It is what it is. People need to tone down the drama queen act a bit.

[quote name='panzerfaust']From what?[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

It's not like people are going to be like "This $10 game just isn't good enough. I'll never sign in to PSN again!!"

And anyone who does do that is a moron.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Yeah, you know cause everyone is trading in their PS3s and Sony is done. :roll: It is what it is. People need to tone down the drama queen act a bit.[/QUOTE]

No amount of compensation is going to be good enough for the level that Sony completely fucked up this situation. They're beyond compensation at this point. I wasn't implying Sony or the PS3 was done. I was implying that a free PSN game isn't enough to fix the damaged relations with customers. The only thing they can do is be transparent and honest as possible as to how the new system is going to protect players, because quite frankly, they have so much work to do in order to gain back the trust of the consumer.

I think people have way too much invested time and money in their PS3s and games to just up and trade everything into GameStop.

[quote name='Blackout']No amount of compensation is going to be good enough for the level that Sony completely fucked up this situation. They're beyond compensation at this point. I wasn't implying Sony or the PS3 was done. I was implying that a free PSN game isn't enough to fix the damaged relations with customers. The only thing they can do is be transparent and honest as possible as to how the new system is going to protect players, because quite frankly, they have so much work to do in order to gain back the trust of the consumer.

I think people have way too much invested time and money in their PS3s and games to just up and trade everything into GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Bro, I think if they gave people a couple of free games, most of them would take it. People are easily appeased with free stuff.

Speaking of which, where the hell is my t-shirt for tolerating their craptacular attempt of a rewards program?

I'm sure even if they give nothing free, nobody will be talking about this in a month.

Besides, having a free game from this sitting on your HDD is just a reminder this incident happened. Why would Sony want us all to remember? ;)

[quote name='Blackout']No amount of compensation is going to be good enough for the level that Sony completely fucked up this situation. They're beyond compensation at this point. I wasn't implying Sony or the PS3 was done. I was implying that a free PSN game isn't enough to fix the damaged relations with customers. The only thing they can do is be transparent and honest as possible as to how the new system is going to protect players, because quite frankly, they have so much work to do in order to gain back the trust of the consumer.

I think people have way too much invested time and money in their PS3s and games to just up and trade everything into GameStop.[/QUOTE]

If you're unhappy with things, get the fuck out and sell your system. You're being a drama queen for the sake of being a drama queen. PSN will be back up soon, everything will return to normal and no one will remember this shit in a month from now. But you want your 2 seconds of fame, here ya go, congrats.

[quote name='blitz6speed']If you're unhappy with things, get the fuck out and sell your system. You're being a drama queen for the sake of being a drama queen. PSN will be back up soon, everything will return to normal and no one will remember this shit in a month from now. But you want your 2 seconds of fame, here ya go, congrats.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I don't think being put at risk for identity theft and credit card fraud makes someone a drama queen. I'm not one of the guys whining that PSN is down so they can't play online. I'm angry over the way Sony handled the situation. Plain and simple.

if they gave away a big enough/ popular enough game or gave people a healthy enough amount of psn credit i think the majority of people would easily get over it. i dont see them giving out socom 4 lik ewombat suggested ( especially since thatd just piss off the people who recently purchased it) but if they gave ps3 owners with registered accounts 20 or 30 psn bucks i could see plenty of people moving on past it all .....unless their cc's were stolen and used.

but a flaw in them giving out psn cash is that they woul dhave to do it for every account out there so people with multi accounts would get money for each one. a bonus for those with many accounts.

[quote name='mitch079']
Speaking of which, where the hell is my t-shirt for tolerating their craptacular attempt of a rewards program?[/QUOTE]

All I got was a crappy theme that I cant even sign on to download.

I'm not selling my system and games, or even particularly worried about my info. I have separate email and passwords, only used PSN cards, etc. I am quite annoyed that they took so long to tell us what the deal is, and more annoyed that its taking so damn long to get it back and running.

I just got Socom and Killzone3. I miss having a drink, and blowing off some steam with some friends on Black Ops. Playing online has become a part of my weekly ritual that I am bored without.

I dont know how much more intellivision I can play in PS3's place - my thumbs are killing me.

[quote name='lokizz']if they gave away a big enough/ popular enough game or gave people a healthy enough amount of psn credit i think the majority of people would easily get over it. i dont see them giving out socom 4 lik ewombat suggested ( especially since thatd just piss off the people who recently purchased it) but if they gave ps3 owners with registered accounts 20 or 30 psn bucks i could see plenty of people moving on past it all .....unless their cc's were stolen and used.[/QUOTE]

I can't see them giving away a couple free new release games. If they do any sort of compensation, it would probably be a greatest hits title like God of War 3 or the like. Realistically, it's probably going to be a PSN game. I can't imagine them not giving something out to ease the PR disaster.

You guys are right though. If they give people enough free shit to shut people up, most will and forget the entire thing even happened.

[quote name='Blackout']I can't see them giving away a couple free new release games. If they do any sort of compensation, it would probably be a greatest hits title like God of War 3 or the like. Realistically, it's probably going to be a PSN game. I can't imagine them not giving something out to ease the PR disaster.

You guys are right though. If they give people enough free shit to shut people up, most will and forget the entire thing even happened.[/QUOTE]

You are dreaming if you think Sony is going to give out a damn thing. I'll be pissed if my CC info was stolen, but I'm monitoring my bills so for now it's no biggie.

[quote name='blitz6speed']If you're unhappy with things, get the fuck out and sell your system. You're being a drama queen for the sake of being a drama queen. PSN will be back up soon, everything will return to normal and no one will remember this shit in a month from now. But you want your 2 seconds of fame, here ya go, congrats.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Honestly, i dont expect anything. PSN is FREE! What's funny to me is XBOX fanboys using this as ammo, then again most (not all) are 14 year old whiny brats who have no clue.

i want couple 3D Movies or a Sony 3D LED 240hz 1080p TV any size would do maybe a 40' or 46' :)

and couple free months of PS+

[quote name='Blackout'] The only thing they can do is be transparent and honest as possible as to how the new system is going to protect players, because quite frankly, they have so much work to do in order to gain back the trust of the consumer. [/QUOTE]

Here's the thing about transparency...the more they tell the public about what went wrong or how their new security measures will protect players, the more hackers know about what went wrong and what new security measures they should expect. If they went into specifics, it would only benefit the hackers, as the average player isn't going to understand how to do even basic encryption.

So, I'm not expecting Sony to be anything but vague. I'm also going to refrain from judging Sony until this entire thing is over. As is, I had more problems as a result of the Gawker leak than this breach.

[quote name='Blackout']:lol: I don't think being put at risk for identity theft and credit card fraud makes someone a drama queen. I'm not one of the guys whining that PSN is down so they can't play online. I'm angry over the way Sony handled the situation. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

The credit card details were encrypted.

The CCV details (3 digit on back) are not on the server, period.

The ACTUAL risk of credit card issues is slim to none, and even then, every major bank in the world knows about this situation, and no one is going to be paying for anything out of pocket at the end user level.

Identify theft? You dont need a hacker to hack psn to get peoples personal data, that kind of info is everywhere and free to get. Most (Majority) of highly secure sites do not encrypt personal data because it is not important if it gets out.

Also, read this about sony taking so long to come out and tell anyone what happened:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/28/us-sony-stolendata-idUSTRE73R6XI20110428

Your personal data + credit card info have likely been stolen many times over without anyone even telling you.

Again, you're a sad little drama queen, nothing else to it. Get over yourself and find another company to spend your hard earned money with if sony is not good enough to your liking.

The thing is, Sony was screwed either way. If they would have came out and said CC data was stolen, the drama would have been much worse--especially if it turned out that it hadn't. Instead they did the due diligence to make sure of the scope of the issue, and as it turns out, the CC data was probably not taken and was confirmed to be encrypted. In the very least, the encrypted credit card info gave everyone some time to change their credit card numbers and their passwords--what more can Sony really do?

Anyway, I'm more ticked at the hackers and the game "journalists" than anything else. And it also sucks that PSN is down, but at least Sony is working hard on the issue. I just wonder if this ever happens to XBOX Live if everyone will be so angry at Microsoft, or if they'll get yet another pass. When you really look at the issue objectively, you've lost maybe 10 minutes changing passwords, credit card info, and whatnot; and you'll probably be given a free game or something as compensation.

Also, a lot of these lawsuits are bogus because people jumped the gun. The one class action suit claims that Sony improperly protected the data, and now that that's been debunked (the user data was behind a reasonable security system, and the CC data was encrypted), they probably don't have a case now.

[quote name='OregonDealz']All yur credit cards are for sale?

Latest rumors...nytimes[/QUOTE]

The few times i've used my CC, i immediately deleted my billing information. I figured that was just common sense. You gotta cover your own ass.
People should be directing their anger at Hackers, not Sony.

EVERYONE SHUT THE fuck UP

You don't like Sony now?
Don't use PSN or just sell your PS3.

Still like Sony and/or are willing to forgive them?
Good for you, You're not an idiot or a fool for staying with a mostly reliable company with plenty of quality games. They made a mistake and are now reversing the damage.

Wanna brag about how this makes the 360 looks 300% better?
Whoohoo, I'm still not buying a console who's only franchises consist of two generic FPS with a number slapped on the end. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont expect anything in return from sony. come on people really. sony got hacked, so we should free stuff from them. NO!!! thats like saying some douche steals your checkbook and buys shit everywhere, so the bank replaces your money and gives ya a little extra. wake up people always got to complain.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Here's the thing about transparency...the more they tell the public about what went wrong or how their new security measures will protect players, the more hackers know about what went wrong and what new security measures they should expect. If they went into specifics, it would only benefit the hackers, as the average player isn't going to understand how to do even basic encryption.

So, I'm not expecting Sony to be anything but vague. I'm also going to refrain from judging Sony until this entire thing is over. As is, I had more problems as a result of the Gawker leak than this breach.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean technical specifics, because most people wouldn't understand them. I think they need to do more than "moving it to a secure location" and terms like that. In some way or form they need to explain why this new system is better than the previous one. Just get their lawyers to type up some bullshit to ease people's minds.

I'm glad the situation is slowly being resolved. At least a solution seems apparent. Everyone needs to calm down and just watch your bank account periodically. I doubt much comes of it, but to be on the safe side it can't hurt to lend 5 seconds of your time. Nothing Sony could have done to better this situation. They had enough security, and from a PR standpoint I feel either way they would have pissed people off. Mainly because in today's society some people are always looking for reasons to be pissed off at other people or companies, and it seems like some people just love to sue.

[quote name='adamsant12']i dont expect anything in return from sony. come on people really. sony got hacked, so we should free stuff from them. NO!!! thats like saying some douche steals your checkbook and buys shit everywhere, so the bank replaces your money and gives ya a little extra. wake up people always got to complain.[/QUOTE]

you'll gt free credit monitoring for a year... But that does not have trophies... Sorry.

[quote name='Oaxan']EVERYONE SHUT THE fuck UP

You don't like Sony now?
Don't use PSN or just sell your PS3.

Still like Sony and/or are willing to forgive them?
Good for you, You're not an idiot or a fool for staying with a mostly reliable company with plenty of quality games. They made a mistake and are now reversing the damage.

Wanna brag about how this makes the 360 looks 300% better?
Whoohoo, I'm still not buying a console who's only franchises consist of two generic FPS with a number slapped on the end. ;)[/QUOTE]
So you're telling people who 'don't like Sony' to shut up, but then have to rip on the 360 for it's game franchises. Pot meet kettle. Take your own advice.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back