PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='lllGurulll']a free month of PSN+ is pointless for non subscribers. I suppose everyone of us that are not interested in being members will have to go in and turn off auto renew to avoid them charging us at the end of that 30 days too. They are going to get a lot of pissed off customers if that is the case.

Hopefully Sony will at least have auto renew turned off as a default for this particular idea.[/QUOTE]

Unless there's some good deals during that month. Only the free games for PSN+ go away when you stop subscribing. Anything you buy on the cheap stays. (Plus avatars and other crap I don't really care about)

[quote name='Mad39er']You gonna set it off? Light the fuse? Pull the trigger? Make some noise? Run out of bubblegum?[/QUOTE]

I dunno :(, im still undecided on what "Shit gets real" means for me personally. Maybe eat a poptart.

[quote name='Backlash']Unless there's some good deals during that month. Only the free games for PSN+ go away when you stop subscribing. Anything you buy on the cheap stays. (Plus avatars and other crap I don't really care about)[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen and read, even the sale prices aren't really worth it. To me, the only real reason to be on PSN+ is for the free (paid) content.

[quote name='lllGurulll']a free month of PSN+ is pointless for non subscribers. I suppose everyone of us that are not interested in being members will have to go in and turn off auto renew to avoid them charging us at the end of that 30 days too. They are going to get a lot of pissed off customers if that is the case.

Hopefully Sony will at least have auto renew turned off as a default for this particular idea.[/QUOTE]

I do hope Sony does turn off auto renew by default as well. I can already see the headlines if they are not wise enough to do so.

As for PSN+ they have some good stuff available such as the full game time trials you could check out within that month, and of course the discounts on those games you could keep after. Themes, DLC(if i'm not mistaken), and avatars you get to keep regardless.

Did we determine if it is possible to have our CC info removed completely from PSN or will they keep it stored even after we remove from our profile.

If only Naughty Dog saves Sony's ass and put up Uncharted 3 MP beta as part of the free PSN+, otherwise it'll probably be worthless.

[quote name='inanim8']If only Naughty Dog saves Sony's ass and put up Uncharted 3 MP beta as part of the free PSN+, otherwise it'll probably be worthless.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't that in turn screw over Sucker Punch? I highly doubt it would affect Infamous 2 in any way, as it's already got a huge following and looks like a great game, but I think part of the charm behind it is the UC3 beta voucher. Then again, IIRC, I think PSN+ get UC3 around that time anyway, so...

What will Sony do for the developers? Best way I can think of is if every DLC is half off for one month and Sony will make up for the half. This will go a long away in appeasing small indie developers and publishers and keep them loyal.

I thought Free DLC, Themes and Avatars stayed even when you unsubscribed? Perhaps I was wrong.

Sony has to get this service back online by the end of the weekend.

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought Free DLC, Themes and Avatars stayed even when you unsubscribed? Perhaps I was wrong.

Sony has to get this service back online by the end of the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I agree although a few things might have slowed them down like the SOE thing. I still think it should at least be up by the weekend. If it isn't something is seriously wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jman619']I agree although a few things might have slowed them down like the SOE thing. I still think it should at least be up by the weekend. If it isn't something is seriously wrong.[/QUOTE]

PSN being down for 2 weeks is not serious? It is already way passed being serious.

[quote name='laaj']PSN being down for 2 weeks is not serious? It is already way passed being serious.[/QUOTE]

I know its serious but I mean they said within a week. If it isn't up by the weekend there nothing telling us something.

I really don't do much online play and have been having fun with the single player part of MK so online coming back does not bother me. What bothers me is I want to be able to download the content I got with the game. Last I read it looks like when it does come back up the store wont be back so I don't know when I will be able download all of that.

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought Free DLC, Themes and Avatars stayed even when you unsubscribed? Perhaps I was wrong.

Sony has to get this service back online by the end of the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the case. There's been so little free DLC, though, that it would be hard even to test this out. The only big one has been the combo pack for Warhawk. I think, other than that, there might have been a few small DLC packs for games like Cuboid. That's been about it so far - it is definitely the weak point of PS+ as they implied there would be monthly free DLC.

Otherwise, PS+ has definitely been worth it to me so far, though. Yeah, I've had 4 or 5 of the free games but there have been some awesome ones thrown in there that I didn't. The best deal was Stacking as that was free upon release, which means of course no one had it yet so it was probably the best deal of all for the most people. I also appreciated the Sam & Max episodes, as well as the initial Wipeout offer and a few others like Shatter.

And the cloud saving feature is great for quick transfer of my game saves to my second PS3 and also when I make trips to my Dad's house. Plus the fact that I could finally back up an incredibly valuable (in terms of time and effort ;)) save like Demon's Souls that was otherwise uncopyable. I'm a little curious about how they are going to handle this if they give everyone PS+ for a month - hopefully they have the storage/bandwidth to deal with a huge influx of people backing up game saves. But probably not that many people will actually use that feature, especially if they don't intend to renew.

The discounts have been pretty meh, but I did just take advantage of the $11.99 (or whatever it was) pricing on Might & Magic Clash of Heroes. I would have bought that anyway and they had a slight discount from the $14.99 regular price for PS+ subscribers. I really hope they keep up the day one free (Stacking) or discounted (M&M and a few others) PSN games. That was a more recent development and goes a long way towards addressing the issue of people who are willing to pony up for PS+ probably already having a lot of PSN games.

[quote name='sendme']I really don't do much online play and have been having fun with the single player part of MK so online coming back does not bother me. What bothers me is I want to be able to download the content I got with the game. Last I read it looks like when it does come back up the store wont be back so I don't know when I will be able download all of that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously, no access to the online stuff doesn't bother me too much. It just seems to strange being cut off from the friends list and all that. My son really misses playing LBP2 online though. And also, I was just about to link my copy of Portal 2 to Steam to get it for the Mac when PSN went down. In fact, the evening I was first playing Portal 2 I was able to get on PSN but the store was giving me that strange "unable to automatically add funds to your wallet" error. I'm still a bit worried when it comes back up that my $40+ in PSN funds will be gone.

Since then I've completed the single-player and co-op parts of Portal 2. Now I just need the stupid online only trophies and I was hoping to tackle at least the big one (a gold for playing co-op with a newbie) by playing with my son (with him on the Mac).

Even though I don't play online much anyway, I still have found myself playing other systems instead. After I finished up Portal 2, I went back to playing SMT Strange Journey on the DS. I usually only play the DS on plane trips (and in fact I started Strange Journey on my last trip) but I kind of figured I'd take this opportunity to finish that one off since I nearly always get 90% through DS games and then drop them ;).

I took a break from that, in turn, to play Portal Still Alive on the 360. I should get to more of my 360 arcade game backlog I suppose...

I'm currently finishing up the Mortal Kombat single player storyline on the PS3. I'm at the final battle right now, but geez.....who the fuck told Boon that people wanted the boss battles to be ridiculously hard anymore unless you know some 20+ hit combos.:roll:

My old tactic of spamming power moves till the bosses are dead isn't working for anything now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm currently finishing up the Mortal Kombat single player storyline on the PS3. I'm at the final battle right now, but geez.....who the fuck told Boon that people wanted the boss battles to be ridiculously hard anymore unless you know some 20+ hit combos.:roll:

My old tactic of spamming power moves till the bosses are dead isn't working for anything now.[/QUOTE]

I kept jumping over Shao Kahn. Hit a three-hit combo, jump over Kahn, hit another three-hit combo, jump over Kahn -- rinse, repeat.

I got lucky the second time I tried this and beat him without taking too much damage.

[quote name='Hoarr']I kept jumping over Shao Kahn. Hit a three-hit combo, jump over Kahn, hit another three-hit combo, jump over Kahn -- rinse, repeat.

I got lucky the second time I tried this and beat him without taking too much damage.[/QUOTE]
I've been trying to jump over him and spam the triangle triangle mini combo to no avail. He keeps spamming the sledgehammer/spear throw and rising shoulderblock. So any time I go to jump over him I get nailed and then he annihilates me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm currently finishing up the Mortal Kombat single player storyline on the PS3. I'm at the final battle right now, but geez.....who the fuck told Boon that people wanted the boss battles to be ridiculously hard anymore unless you know some 20+ hit combos.:roll:

My old tactic of spamming power moves till the bosses are dead isn't working for anything now.[/QUOTE]

Mortal Kombat has always been like that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've been trying to jump over him and spam the triangle triangle mini combo to no avail. He keeps spamming the sledgehammer/spear throw and rising shoulderblock. So any time I go to jump over him I get nailed and then he annihilates me.[/QUOTE]

I stayed away and when he went to use a move I teleported and used the flying move followed by some thunderbolts. Took me about 6 tries.

[quote name='sdragon']Mortal Kombat has always been like that.[/QUOTE]
Maybe. But at least in prior games I was able to discern a good pattern with the bosses. I go to jump over him and he nails me with the sledgehammer as I'm at the apex of my jump, then shoulderblocks me into oblivion.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've been trying to jump over him and spam the triangle triangle mini combo to no avail. He keeps spamming the sledgehammer/spear throw and rising shoulderblock. So any time I go to jump over him I get nailed and then he annihilates me.[/QUOTE]

i time my jump to land right behind him as he gets up. he commits to a move that'll leave him exposed to an uppercut. rinse and repeat.

[quote name='Donut2922']i time my jump to land right behind him as he gets up. he commits to a move that'll leave him exposed to an uppercut. rinse and repeat.[/QUOTE]
I tried that and I tried the teleporting thing. Of course it would help if I could actually nail the uppercut every time, but he turns around super fast sometimes and shoulderblocks me into oblivion then.:roll:

I'm done with it for now. I'll come back to it later.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I tried that and I tried the teleporting thing. Of course it would help if I could actually nail the uppercut every time, but he turns around super fast sometimes and shoulderblocks me into oblivion then.:roll:

I'm done with it for now. I'll come back to it later.[/QUOTE]

Its kind of random, it only works 100% when hes like mid special. If he just missed a punch, chances are he might block and punish the living hell out of you.

I'm actually considering trophy hunting just because the PSN is down since I won't be distracted by multiplayer. How terrible.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'm actually considering trophy hunting just because the PSN is down since I won't be distracted by multiplayer. How terrible.[/QUOTE]
Same here

[quote name='8bitArtist']just put it on beginner and be done with it.[/QUOTE]
I hadn't thought of that.;) Although I always play the ladder on beginner.:razz:

I like playing games to have fun and if they're a lil challenging, but if they're a frustrating pain in the ass or the devs ramp up the difficulty to stupid levels at some point after it being a breeze otherwise(see: Dead Rising 2 towards the end:roll:) then I'm less likely to wanna finish playing the game.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'm actually considering trophy hunting just because the PSN is down since I won't be distracted by multiplayer. How terrible.[/QUOTE]

Ive actually gotten 3 more platinums during the downtime. Dwindled down my backlog and traded in games while their value is still high.. so this hasnt been that bad for me.

[quote name='edson13']Ive actually gotten 3 more platinums during the downtime. Dwindled down my backlog and traded in games while their value is still high.. so this hasnt been that bad for me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should hold an annual psn fast every year from now on? :)

[quote name='NamPaehc']Maybe we should hold an annual psn fast every year from now on? :)[/QUOTE]
I actually think that's a good idea. :shock:

We need to start a memorial thread.

"The Great PSN Depression of 2011, We Will Never Forget"

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back