PSN Network Error

I never played any games last night (couldn't log online, just went to bed LOL) and haven't gotten any trophies in a while, so it seems that I am mostly unaffected aside from missing a day of being able to play the PS3. Woo!

I may turn it on tonight if I get the chance, but I doubt anything will be wrong. I'll just set the time back to normal and viola! Back on Modern Warfare 2!

Sony fixed the issue quickly, and for that I say "you deserve my money!" They are quite quick with fixing issues that arise IMO.

[quote name='KingBroly']But they don't make the internal clock or battery to run said clock, another company does. And it just so happens that the company in question made internal clocks for the first generation Zunes as well.[/QUOTE]

True, it could have just been a thing where the company that made Sony's clock had some kind of error.

I bet Sony was on that customer service line ASAP when PS3 went down.:drool:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I never played any games last night (couldn't log online, just went to bed LOL) and haven't gotten any trophies in a while, so it seems that I am mostly unaffected aside from missing a day of being able to play the PS3. Woo!

I may turn it on tonight if I get the chance, but I doubt anything will be wrong. I'll just set the time back to normal and viola! Back on Modern Warfare 2!

Sony fixed the issue quickly, and for that I say "you deserve my money!" They are quite quick with fixing issues that arise IMO.[/QUOTE]

fyi Sony Didn't do shit the system fixed itself.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']fyi Sony Didn't do shit the system fixed itself.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that is true...I didn't even think about that. Sony is still a good company though. One way or another, the problems get fixed; although this particular problem-fixing may have just been luck.

I Like this one better

watch

My local news...

"Don't turn on your Playstation 3! We'll tell you why, after the break!"

...commercial...

"There was a problem with the clock for two days, it's ok to turn on now."

:lol:

I just moved so I am still waiting to get my online connection back up and running this weekend.
Since I have not been online I have only been playing Dante's Inferno. I had unlocked a few trophies and I did not play anything since Saturday.

I jumped on yesterday to check out the issues and the clock said 2/28/10. I then Manually changed it to 3/1/10 borrowed the unsecure internet in my new building and logged into PSN and sync. Everything seemed fine. Did not get a chance to play though but my trophies are appearing on PSN today so everything looks good.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Ah, that is true...I didn't even think about that. Sony is still a good company though. One way or another, the problems get fixed; although this particular problem-fixing may have just been luck.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more. Leaving us in the dark for a day != a good company to me. I wonder how long it will take them to release a patch to fix the calender so this doesn't happen 4 years down the line again. Also, Sony I am still waiting on some compensation for loss of my system for a day (since I could play offline as well)... man up like Microsoft did.

[quote name='lordopus99']I couldn't disagree more. Leaving us in the dark for a day != a good company to me. I wonder how long it will take them to release a patch to fix the calender so this doesn't happen 4 years down the line again. Also, Sony I am still waiting on some compensation for loss of my system for a day (since I could play offline as well)... man up like Microsoft did.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it happened on a Sunday when most of the staff, especially the PR are not working. They still released a few messages via twitter though. Microsoft ponied up a shit game after outages for weeks if not months, for people that were PAYING for an online service. PSN is free and was down for one day. Oh holy shit, a day without the PS3??! Let's sue the bastards! How much compensation do you think you deserve for that seriously? Do you think they should give 30 million people a $5 game? Hell they gave everyone Fl0w, a 7.99 game, a few weeks prior for absolutely no reason whatsoever. You seriously need to get some perspective

I laughed at the root of the problem though. I mean, come on, how the hell 2010 became a leap year? It's not even divisible by FOUR :lol: Certainly it's not a century (when it's a century, it's not a leap year because the days we added over the leap years resulted in an extra day, hence neutralize the need to add the extra day).

I'm no expert on dates, but i certainly know more than an average person (required by job :lol:). Don't get me started on Lunar Calendars (it has this Leap Month concept :shock:).

No damage done = no problem in my case. It was a weird bug but other than a loss of PS3 gaming for 24 hours, it was much ado about nothing. It's too bad the bug hit on a Sunday, though.

I do expect Sony to compensate their PS3 Fat model gamers in some way since so many people when they have been "wronged" in some way want something in return. I don't need any compensation. Just make sure you fix the problem via firmware update so this doesn't happen to my PS3 if I still have this model in 2014.

Some of these PS3 fanboys are worse than their 360 counterparts, especially the ones at the official Sony boards.

I don't see any compensation needed, as long as they release a patch that overlooks this and similar cases, 1 day of no gaming for PS3 older models is nothing compared to RROD on the 360. Plus it probably saved a lot of electricity for our world that day :p Anyone planning on doing the Earth Hour on March 27? http://wwf.ca/earthhour/

It would be nice if we got some compensation but I'm not gonna lose sleep if there's nothing. Just a quick question I lost some heavy rain trophies that I didn't sync before the psn went down is there any way to get them back or am I SOL?

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']It would be nice if we got some compensation but I'm not gonna lose sleep if there's nothing. Just a quick question I lost some heavy rain trophies that I didn't sync before the psn went down is there any way to get them back or am I SOL?[/QUOTE]

I read this on Joystiq earlier, not sure if it'll work for you:
Q. My Trophy data for [insert game here] is gone! (I know, I know -- that's not a question, but still!)

A. If you lost any Trophy data over the past 24 hours, there may be a way to salvage it. Launch the game for which you're trying to restore Trophies and it should automatically recreate a Trophy data set on your PS3's memory, which you can then sync with the PSN server (just by opening up your Trophy list in the XMB). Our Heavy Rain Trophies had vanished, but this trick brought them back from the ether.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/01/ps3-clock-bug-apparently-squashed-games-are-playable/

[quote name='Serpentor']I laughed at the root of the problem though. I mean, come on, how the hell 2010 became a leap year? It's not even divisible by FOUR :lol: Certainly it's not a century (when it's a century, it's not a leap year because the days we added over the leap years resulted in an extra day, hence neutralize the need to add the extra day).

I'm no expert on dates, but i certainly know more than an average person (required by job :lol:). Don't get me started on Lunar Calendars (it has this Leap Month concept :shock:).[/QUOTE]

You are almost correct on your leap year explanation...almost. If the century (xx00) year is divisible by 400, you get an extra day - as we did in 2000.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2000

:)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I read this on Joystiq earlier, not sure if it'll work for you:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/01/ps3-clock-bug-apparently-squashed-games-are-playable/[/QUOTE]

i got the last trophy i needed to platinum unreal 3 during sunday and didn't get them, then after the bug wore off and i did the trick above i still never got the trophy or the plat.... even in the game's in-trophy menu it says i've completed everything...

[quote name='Haggar']Yeah, I tried that twice. It didn't work. All my other trophies are fine, it just erased all of my Heavy Rain trophies.[/QUOTE]

deleted all my heavy rain trophies as well. I played through the whole game and beat it, and now i have 0% trophies. fuck sony.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Dude, it happened on a Sunday when most of the staff, especially the PR are not working. They still released a few messages via twitter though. Microsoft ponied up a shit game after outages for weeks if not months, for people that were PAYING for an online service. PSN is free and was down for one day. Oh holy shit, a day without the PS3??! Let's sue the bastards! How much compensation do you think you deserve for that seriously? Do you think they should give 30 million people a $5 game? Hell they gave everyone Fl0w, a 7.99 game, a few weeks prior for absolutely no reason whatsoever. You seriously need to get some perspective[/QUOTE]

And employees don't play games at home :roll: I work in IT and we have on-call... I would assume Sony has it too. EU released information... US on the other hand did not (this isn't the first time...look at the total disregard for their own product Singstar - another topic). I am not an extremist in the sense to say "sue"... gaming doesn't mean that much to me. It was just a huge letdown since my system has been idle since Uncharted 2 for the most part until I started Heavy Rain, the day before 1999.

With the XBL issues, for me, it never went down... it just was laggy during that time period... also during that time period I could still play single player games perfectly fine. PS3 this time around... I couldn't play online or offline... If I tried, I could have to trick my system to uncorrupt files or trophies if it can happen... so for the day my PS3 was just a true $400+ paper weight. Whether it was a crap game or not, it still was something (P.S. they gave me a free month for that month lost too). Either way, it is just giving me more reasons to continue to play most of my games on Xbox 360 instead.

I never said it wasn't nice to get a free copy of flow. But I pretty sure had more to do with the developer than Sony.

Fired my PS3 up last night just to see the aftermath and to my surprise all that was required was a date/time sync via internet. No corrupt data/trophies at all, but then again I never powered it up during the apocalyPS3. Just good timing on my part TBH.

[quote name='jmbreci']You are almost correct on your leap year explanation...almost. If the century (xx00) year is divisible by 400, you get an extra day - as we did in 2000.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2000

:)[/QUOTE]

doh! of course, i'm more impressed that you actually read my post and took the time to correct me, thanks! And yeah, learned something new :) (well, the job requires me to understand the dates, but hell, who's gonna remember if the century year divisible by 400 is not a leap year right? :lol:)

bread's done
Back