PSN Network Error

I like my PS3... But I have the 360 and Wii as well.

And I've NEVER had any network issues (unless notified prior to), update issues, achievement issues, log-in issues, issues and more issues upon issues with the other two as I've had with my PS3!!

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']wow guys imagine if sony is doing this as an update for the dreaded, pay to use psn thing.[/QUOTE]

or a slow way to phase out the "other OS" option that the old fat models had going for them over the slim.. to kill that feature in a firmware update lol

what if it actually is 1999. Maybe the ps3 knows something that we don't. Maybe I can sell my old now new Pokemon cards for profit.

[quote name='defmonkey05']wait, wait, wait... Shouldn't we be demanding a crappy free game? Or have no right to get one since the service is free.[/QUOTE]

We should demand they make a port of Undertow, and give it to us for free.

[quote name='yohsh']what if it actually is 1999. Maybe the ps3 knows something that we don't. Maybe I can sell my old now new Pokemon cards for profit.[/QUOTE]

BRB. Gotta check and see the Ebay price of rare pogs and beanie babies.:lol:

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']We should demand they make a port of Undertow, and give it to us for free.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a fucking plan.

These are our demands Sony and we seek nothing less of it. :cool:

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Man its 1999. Kobe bryant is only 20. Lebron james is 14 LOL!!!![/QUOTE]

And the Dreamcast is only a few months old. We can make it work this time!

[quote name='mitch079']And the Dreamcast is only a few months old. We can make it work this time![/QUOTE]

I heard about this cool way to play games using just CD-rs. No hard modding or anything. Tell all of your friends!

[quote name='Saint Noir']Wonder if this affected those super computers that folks like the AIR FORCE built out of PS3s....[/QUOTE]
Well, if we see planes in our backyards then we will know.

[quote name='FroMann']Well, if we see planes in our backyards then we will know.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Dick Cheney would tie it to Osama somehow.

Someone on kotaku said he manually changed the date to January of this year and it's working for him. Anyone want to be a guinea pig?

[quote name='mitch079']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEszTzdUMcY[/QUOTE]
This is way better!
watch

[quote name='mitch079']Someone on kotaku said he manually changed the date to January of this year and it's working for him. Anyone want to be a guinea pig?[/QUOTE]

I'll try lolololol

The worst part is, I had plans to meet up in Playstation Home with this total cougar named Annamay Alexander. She was going to send me some sexy pictures, and then we were going to do the running man together :(

[quote name='mitch079']Someone on kotaku said he manually changed the date to January of this year and it's working for him. Anyone want to be a guinea pig?[/QUOTE]

I call BS, I just changed the date to the correct date and I still got the same thing.

When our PS3s cannot go online or play games, it leads us to posting videos of Cher and Backstreet Boys. Who is posting Britney Spears?

[quote name='ssjmichael']The worst part is, I had plans to meet up in Playstation Home with this total cougar named Annamay Alexander. She was going to send me some sexy pictures, and then we were going to do the running man together :([/QUOTE]

:applause: YES!

[quote name='defmonkey05']I call BS, I just changed the date to the correct date and I still got the same thing.[/QUOTE]

You have to change it to January silly. Can't you read?!

[quote name='FroMann']When our PS3s cannot go online or play games, it leads us to posting videos of Cher and Backstreet Boys now.[/QUOTE]

better than "lady" gaga

[quote name='lakersforlife82481']hey guys, i hear george bush is gonna be president next year. Maybe he'll change this country :d.[/quote]

[quote name='ssjmichael']i heard about this cool way to play games using just cd-rs. No hard modding or anything. Tell all of your friends![/quote]

Nooooooo!

[quote name='ssjmichael']You have to change it to January silly. Can't you read?![/QUOTE]

No, I'm blind. I have one of those special computers where the screen displays brail on forums and things like that. :roll:

I just don't see how setting the date back 2 months will do anything when I just set it correctly. You can try, I'm watching Watchmen right now.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Tomorrows headlines:

Microsoft announces program to give free xbox 360s to any PS3 owner.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind a free 360.

Microsoft had to deal with a huge leap year bug last year with the Zune that left them all dead. Anyone remember? Ah who am I kidding, no one cares enough to remember the Zune in general.

Also announces the immediate discontinuation of the 3 year warranty ;)

[quote name='Jmclark']I wouldn't mind a free 360.[/QUOTE]

Me too. it's getting kind of chilly in my room and the extra heating would be great.

Man, this blows... I've been wanting to play Heavy Rain all day since I've been at work. Oh well, I was just playing to unlock trophies. I already beat the game and don't have anything I'm dying to play at the moment.

I'd love to know WTF is caused this, though.

PSN was acting up yesterday after the earthquake in Chile. I doubt that was the cause, but it's a bit weird knowing that I was experiencing yesterday what everyone seems to be experiencing today. I don't have the date/time error, though.

glad I got rid of my phat ps3 months ago.. slim is running fine for me..

i'm sure this will blow over by tomo, you can bet sony wil be hitting the press for some damage control.

let hope for some free PSN games.. lol

[quote name='Vinny']Man, this blows... I've been wanting to play Heavy Rain all day since I've been at work. Oh well, I was just playing to unlock trophies. I already beat the game and don't have anything I'm dying to play at the moment.

I'd love to know WTF is caused this, though.[/QUOTE]

^ No one knows what caused this but its 1999 the year of the back street boys. Cher invents autotune and chuck noris counts to infinity for the first time.

[quote name='AaronStC']All my Heavy Rain Trophies disappeared. I hope They come back when this issue is resolved.[/QUOTE]

That depends. How far would you go for the Heavy Rain trophies you love?

[quote name='yohsh']^ No one knows what caused this but its 1999 the year of the back street boys. Cher invents autotune and chuck noris counts to infinity for the first time.[/QUOTE]

take it for what's it worth - http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7216

The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and shit explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.

Gak! Pass. Well I suppose I could sell it for the $20 it's worth.

bread's done
Back