PSN Network Error

PSN is back up and fully functional for me.
There are also about 10 people on my friend list online as well so I would say that it is all the way up again.

Sony, would ya kindly fix the PSN, like, NOW motherfuckers.

They just need to look at this thread to see what happens when PSN shuts down. PS3 owners who are batshit to begin with get up from their sweat/shit stained chairs to sit at their sweat/shit stained computer chairs and their batshit forms words. Every stupid fucking meme you can think of is represented in some form in this thread.

Hey motherfuckers, the cave floor called. It wants the batshit back.

^^^ well said limp bizkit

anyone thinking there'll be apology goodies from sony?

[quote name='Haggar']I lost all my Heavy Rain trophies, even after syncing.[/QUOTE]

I had the temerity to fire up God of War Collection yesterday and Our Dark Lord Sorny saw fit to smite down my trophies from it (also even after syncing). Oh well. I hadn't gotten anything outside of traditional playing.

If you're missing trophies:

Start the game up, load your file, quit to XMB, then resync.

Should work for most games.

I lost my Heavy Rain trophies as that was the only game I tried to play at the time. I was only at the first Madison Paige scene so I wasn't too far in. I deleted everything (saves, HD space and options) and will just start the game from the beginning. Everything else is fine, played some Sonic Kart just now.

[quote name='dallow']If you're missing trophies:

Start the game up, load your file, quit to XMB, then resync.

Should work for most games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried that twice. It didn't work. All my other trophies are fine, it just erased all of my Heavy Rain trophies.

Working fine on my end it seems, which makes me a happy panda-type person. If this had resulted in any type of hardware problem at which Sony needed to personally see it, I would have flipped on them, considering my old hard drive with a couple hundred hours of saves got corrupted a while ago, and now this.

[quote name='Haggar']Yeah, I tried that twice. It didn't work. All my other trophies are fine, it just erased all of my Heavy Rain trophies.[/QUOTE]
Ah that sucks then. :(

[quote name='Friktion321']thats what you guys get for being early adopters and paying wayyyyyyy to much for a console...[/QUOTE]

lolwut...

You're supposed to boot the game up, quit, then sync your trophies and they'll be back.

I turned on my PS3, it was fine. Date was 2/28 @ 2pm, though. So...I might not be out of the clear here.

[quote name='Friktion321']thats what you guys get for being early adopters and paying wayyyyyyy to much for a console...[/QUOTE]

Yes, the $325 I paid for a used mint, complete, many parts still in baggies unopened 20gb PS3 in the summer of 2007 was such a ripoff.

[quote name='KingBroly']You're supposed to boot the game up, quit, then sync your trophies and they'll be back.

I turned on my PS3, it was fine. Date was 2/28 @ 2pm, though. So...I might not be out of the clear here.[/QUOTE]

Synch the date via the Internet option. Then it'll correctly show as 3/1.
I recommend others do that before playing and making any 'saves'.

Has there been an official word from Sony about this yet? I'm not turning my PS3 on until they say something.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Has there been an official word from Sony about this yet? I'm not turning my PS3 on until they say something.[/QUOTE]

As of right now, no, there has been no official word.

:lol::lol::lol: All of the drama over lost trophies and other various crap.

I can understand if this PSN error bricks your PS3, but games are meant to be played for fun, not for e-peen bragging rights.:razz:

I'm just glad this supposedly didn't affect PS3 slim owners, like me.;)

I've been using my slim during the crisis. Downloads were extra fast too. :D

Anyway, my 20GB PS3 started working again just before 7pm EST, while my slim had no issues. Both PS3 consoles are up and running.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I've been using my slim during the crisis. Downloads were extra fast too. :D

Anyway, my 20GB PS3 started working again just before 7pm EST, while my slim had no issues. Both PS3 consoles are up and running.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's what we need to happen every time there's a firmware update is have all fat PS3 owners locked out till we slim owners can download and install the fw. Otherwise, it STILL takes forever.:roll:

Turned mine on, said it was 2/28, synched with the internet to get 3/1. Didn't turn it on yesterday so good to go, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='trunks982']To be on a safer side, i'll just turn it on tomorrow. i can deal with no Uncharted 2 for one day.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Has there been an official word from Sony about this yet? I'm not turning my PS3 on until they say something.[/QUOTE]

Official word: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/playstation-network-service-restored/

PlayStation Network Service Restored

Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media
We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.
If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe that's what we need to happen every time there's a firmware update is have all fat PS3 owners locked out till we slim owners can download and install the fw. Otherwise, it STILL takes forever.:roll:[/QUOTE]You need to port forward your router to have better downloading results when updating firmware. I download firmware in less than 3 minutes.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You need to port forward your router to have better downloading results when updating firmware. I download firmware in less than 3 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Its his net. It isn't that fast. I remember Paco mocking it. It doesn't take me long to download a firmware update either.

[quote name='AaronStC']Well all my heavy rain trophies from yesterday are gone. Kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried the go into game, attempt to load trophy's, back out and re-sync trophy's fix?

Glad this is all over with, can get back to Heavy Rain now.

Eh. They need to do a firmware fix in their next update for this just so it doesn't happen again. Did they give any reason to why the PS3 even believed 2010 was a leap year. Their excuse of it just works now doesn't really fix whatever the problem was.

[quote name='jman619']Its his net. It isn't that fast. I remember Paco mocking it. It doesn't take me long to download a firmware update either.[/QUOTE]

on top of that you can always download updates to a pc and then move the to a thumbdrive or ext harddrive to ski the slower downloads direct to your ps3. that said it doesnt take that long for me to dl updates either.

Everything seems to be back in order...

I signed on but all my Heavy Rain trophies were gone, everything else was there. I synced it and they still didn't show up (the game wasn't even listed). I started up the game and the trophies didn't show up even though though my game saves were unaffected and the game showed up in my Trophies as 0%. Then I compared my trophies with a friend's (who also played the game and with whom I compared trophies a few days ago) but then they showed up there... I went back to check them from the XMB and they were back. Everything's back to normal.:D

340x.jpg

Question! So I never activated the PSN. So in order to fix this, I should just change the date on my PS3 manually to the correct date? and thats it?

Anyone have any idea?

You know what's crazy? I turned it on a while ago and it said it was 11:17 2/28/2010. This was after giving me 1999 yesterday. I don't even want to think what would have happened if I turned it on later. Hopefully everyone turns theirs on today and set their time correctly.

But seriously, if I didn't turn it on would it have thought the same thing and go back to 1999? Would it have killed it for good this time?

I figured out what it was . It's Sega's viral advertising for dreamcast games coming to PS3. SHEN MOTHER fuckING MOO BITCH. Coming soon. The date that it went to was the same date that Shenmue hit Japan. I CALLED IT!

I still think they knew this problem was bound to happen (hence fixed in Slim) and didn't tell anyone.

But they don't make the internal clock or battery to run said clock, another company does. And it just so happens that the company in question made internal clocks for the first generation Zunes as well.

bread's done
Back