PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, not much for me to contribute to THIS convo, lol. Some of y'all have this shit down to a science.

XIte7vh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My top 5 True Trohpies games are Velocity Ultra, Dokuro, Smart As, Guacamelee, Resogun.  I'm pretty sure all 5 of those have been free in at least one region.

Wow, my last 3 Gamestop purchases have all come with original cases, and even the manual for the one game that actually has one.  What did I do to deserve this blessing?

Pilfered from that other thread, but if you play Resogun today or tomorrow you unlock a little character or something:

https://twitter.com/Housemarque/status/490748957895979008

stream Blue Estate?
Gawd rpg, y do u keep on asking me to stream ps4 games? I can't play Blue Estate for that long then my hand starts to cramp. Maybe i'll stream some Destiny just to rub it in your face, lol. I can't wait until Last of Us Remastered comes out so I can rub all dat 1080p 60 fps goodness right in yo face!

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any stupider, you go and prove me wrong again. Except for convenience, digital fuck ing sucks.
Digital is great for short pick up and play games like puzzle games that you want to play in short spurts between your main game. It's also good for multiplayer-centric games so that you don't have to swap out the disc of whatever single-player game you are playing at the time. For instance, if the the save game had been compatible with the disc version our Burnout Paradise DLC game share group probably would have bought the digital version of burnout paradise whenever it was on sale even though we all already had the disc version because its a fun game to jump in and play multiplayer.

Digital is also great for multiplayer-centric games if you have more than one PS3 in the house and two people want to play together online, but fullscreen.

any clue on file size?? Ps3 was 27GB's.
nope. will find out next week though. I'm gonna preload Oddworld now and I will stream dat maybe on monday night.

Someone is streamin Last of Us on ps4!!!!!!!! gkeroikjgeiojgoiregeg

http://www.twitch.tv/jgdogg

Digital is great for short pick up and play games like puzzle games that you want to play in short spurts between your main game. It's also good for multiplayer-centric games so that you don't have to swap out the disc of whatever single-player game you are playing at the time. For instance, if the the save game had been compatible with the disc version our Burnout Paradise DLC game share group probably would have bought the digital version of burnout paradise whenever it was on sale even though we all already had the disc version because its a fun game to jump in and play multiplayer.

Digital is also great for multiplayer-centric games if you have more than one PS3 in the house and two people want to play together online, but fullscreen.
Agreed. Last digital game which was a full release I bought at launch was Battlefield 4 (which I sorely regretted at the time). Next one is Destiny and that's it. The rest get the "rental" treatment.

Okay, little frustrated playing Destiny this morning....

Sorry.... but they are pissing me the fuck off this morning...................
LoL! This was hilarious. Like you and SJD said, people unfortunately bring that CoD mindset to other games. Only concerned with K/D ratio. Hell, even in other modes of CoD (like domination) people can't seem to let it go!

I'm pretty sure a good chunk of points come from just neutralizing and capturing bases. Sometimes assisting someone else in the process. To make matters worse I don't think people realize every base captured creates a score multiplier so it really is silly to ignore the objective. Play smart, not hard.

Only thing I can offer up in their defense is that matchmaking will sometimes add you toward the END of a round. It's happened to me a few times and I hate it. Embarrassing. I imagine someone like you cursing the '0' by my name.

I do wish Destiny had a free-for-all mode, though. Didn't see one.

Only thing I can offer up in their defense is that matchmaking will sometimes add you toward the END of a round. It's happened to me a few times and I hate it. Embarrassing. I imagine someone like you cursing the '0' by my name.

I do wish Destiny had a free-for-all mode, though. Didn't see one.
Nope, I'm always aware of how many people we have on our team and I can do the math if someone doesn't have a high score. People are just playing how they want to play and ultimately there's nothing wrong with that. I play to win though and it's frustrating.

And I could assume that when we get the full game these people will stick to TDM, but that would be stupid of me.

Just played some Resogun for a few minutes and grabbed all the new free DLC trophies that were easy to get.  That ship creator thing is really cool, too.

Anyone here ever try cooking bacon in the oven?  I always fry it in a pan but the package says you can bake it in the oven at 400 F for 15 min without flipping.  Seems like an easier and cleaner way to make it.

Snowpiercer was batshit insane and so awesome. See dat movie!
I have mixed feelings about that movie. Chris Evans is great and really helps carry the movie. If you are big fan of Terry Gilliam type movies then you will love Snowpiercer. It is much more violent than what Gilliam puts out but it was just as weird for me.

Hey Stotch, I already sent you one invite to the leaderboard.  Are you telling me you lost it? 

I might need to reevaluate your application if that's the case.  I don't want to encourage that kind irresponsibility in this highly exclusive club. 

[quote name="cancerman1120" post="11941019" timestamp="1405892841"]I have mixed feelings about that movie. Chris Evans is great and really helps carry the movie. If you are big fan of Terry Gilliam type movies then you will love Snowpiercer. It is much more violent than what Gilliam puts out but it was just as weird for me. [/quote]

It was violent for sure but not especially gruesome. They didn't actually show that much though it definitely feels like they did. Suggestion. But I love Gilliam's Brazil and there is definitely that feel in the dark humor.

I've found people corner camping on Destiny. I mean... What the fuck is going up that you feel the need to camp a corner in a game mode based on capturing objectives, which fluctuate depending on the ebb and flow? I was amazed.

Just played some Resogun for a few minutes and grabbed all the new free DLC trophies that were easy to get. That ship creator thing is really cool, too.
Ship creator was awesome. The best part is being able to browse and download all the sweet ass ships already created so you dont have to waste all that time being creative yourself. I downloaded Towelie.

Nope, I'm always aware of how many people we have on our team and I can do the math if someone doesn't have a high score. People are just playing how they want to play and ultimately there's nothing wrong with that. I play to win though and it's frustrating.

And I could assume that when we get the full game these people will stick to TDM, but that would be stupid of me.
Well, people can drop in and out so your number of teammates wouldn't change. But if you're certain it's someone who was there at the start then, yes, that's lame as hell.

All developers would need to do to discourage that kind of behavior is limit where K/D stats are displayed. Or at least give the option.

I agree it's about fun and people should play in a manner that suits them, but not at the expense of a team. Best matches I have are when everyone scores around the average. I hardly ever lead and I'm cool with that.

Btw, I'm fine with someone manning (or what may appear to be camping) the turret on the moon base. Consequently they may score lower but it's pretty much the best defense against vehicles.

Well, people can drop in and out so your number of teammates wouldn't change. But if you're certain it's someone who was there at the start then, yes, that's lame as hell.

All developers would need to do to discourage that kind of behavior is limit where K/D stats are displayed. Or at least give the option.

I agree it's about fun and people should play in a manner that suits them, but not at the expense of a team. Best matches I have are when everyone scores around the average. I hardly ever lead and I'm cool with that.

Btw, I'm fine with someone manning (or what may appear to be camping) the turret on the moon base. Consequently they may score lower but it's pretty much the best defense against vehicles.
Vehicles are a tad overpowered. Mobile and deal insane damage. Turrets are ok, since you can snipe their staionary ass. I like the moon map, but my best games are in Mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back