PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are boring tonight. Part of me wants to keep playing Bioshock, but I know I won't be able to find a game. Some of those guys you're all talking about....the other day I joined a random match and people who were already rebirthed and 50 again were boosting on turrets. No idea what that's about.

I'm gonna go read a book because I'm a nerd.
Yeah that's weird. I'm guessing they're just trying to boost their leaderboard rank so they can leave their mark or something.

Also, I picked up a copy of MGS:GZ on PS4 for under $5 thanks to that kongregate coupon today.

I started going down my friends list and manually adding people but that will take forever. Just send me a request.

Now I'm wondering why I didn't start at the bottom of the list so I could at least be #1 for a day or so.
In sent you a request. But on CAG. Did you want some sort of request on TT?

PSN name doesn't match my CAG name though.

Thanks!

Nope. Where's ur star nub?

They patched it several times, it was in far far worse shape at release. I had one weird crash in a cave that sucked (though the game apparently auto-saves at every new screen) but all my other crashes were triggered by a gold rock battle near the end of the game. It's stupid that the game crashes, but the battle was easily avoidable.

I grabbed Shadows of the Damned on PS3 for $5 and tomorrow I'm gonna go get Army Corps of Hell for the same price.

You have to beat the 10th (last) level on hard difficulty to unlock an in-game medal, which is necessary for the platinum. You can beat the first 9 levels on the easier difficulty.

That mini-game was a huge pain in the ass.
Smiths level wasn't that bad for me. Level 50 pissed me off though. And this damn coconuts. Bah.

Oh, the Galaga level was fun too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are the votes private? Aren't profile ages public?
I didn't realize everyone's age was on their profiles. I thought only a few people actually had that on there and most people opted out of it. But it looks like almost everyone has their age in their profile.

Also, I think crunchewy is over 40.

And great idea on the private TT leaderboard Topside.

Just wrapped up the DFB2 platinum.  Game was the definition of mediocre.  I actually kind of liked the end, but the middle portion dragged on like crazy.

For every good idea the game has, it buries it in a bad idea.  Catching enemies was entirely pointless.  Sidequests were lame, and how the fuck did they overlook highlighting mission-givers.  (Took me forever to retalk to everyone after I completed the mission just to "turn it in").  Story was blah.  Gear and gold were both basically pointless.  

Glad to be done with it.  Regret paying $7.50 for it.  

So obviously everyone is in favor of the leaderboard.  How am I handling requests?  Are you guys going to vote or give opinions on applications or am I just adding whomever I recognize?

So obviously everyone is in favor of the leaderboard. How am I handling requests? Are you guys going to vote or give opinions on applications or am I just adding whomever I recognize?
I think just add everyone you recognize, if you aren't sure about anybody post it here and we'll discuss it. Also if others see anyone on the list that they're not positive about they can bring it up here.

All 9 people on there now for sure belong.

I think just add everyone you recognize, if you aren't sure about anybody post it here and we'll discuss it.
That's what I was thinking. I can always trim the fat if people stop posting around here.

I'll go ahead and burn through the messages I've received. I assume I'll recognize everyone.

Just wrapped up the DFB2 platinum. Game was the definition of mediocre. I actually kind of liked the end, but the middle portion dragged on like crazy.

For every good idea the game has, it buries it in a bad idea. Catching enemies was entirely pointless. Sidequests were lame, and how the fuck did they overlook highlighting mission-givers. (Took me forever to retalk to everyone after I completed the mission just to "turn it in"). Story was blah. Gear and gold were both basically pointless.

Glad to be done with it. Regret paying $7.50 for it.
Congrats on the platinum.

I went to an Aquabats concert and it rocked! I'm exhausted buy had to catch up with our posts. Glad to see me and Quinoa can laugh about eldritch being an old man. Can't wait to see what you assholes hvae in store for me when I wake up.

Was just looking through gameinformer and found this

giassholes.jpg

https://crotchetyoldgamer.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/giassholes.jpg

Okay, little frustrated playing Destiny this morning.... 

When I get into a match online, it's us vs. them in my mind.  None of this "I'm gonna camp in the corner because my K/D has to be a certain number" pansy-ass bullshit.  I don't claim to be the best online player in the world, but I consider myself above average and when I get in there I wreck shit to the best of my ability.  I do what's necessary to put my team ahead of yours and you're damn right I'll stick my neck out there in the line of fire to get control of that point.  I don't expect everyone I play with to be awesome, but just a little effort would be nice.  I'm getting tired of losing a match and seeing my 8-10 points captured to the rest of the teams 1-2.  Some even have zero!  For fucks sake, you almost have to literally try not to get any points to have zero!  Hell, sometime you're going to be standing in the right place just by accident!!!!  Half the time you die you're respawned right next to a point you can take.

Sorry.... but they are pissing me the fuck off this morning...................

I went to an Aquabats concert and it rocked! I'm exhausted buy had to catch up with our posts. Glad to see me and Quinoa can laugh about eldritch being an old man. Can't wait to see what you assholes hvae in store for me when I wake up.
I hit "like" for going to an Aquabats concert, then regretted my decision after reading the rest. But the like stands.

Nice, #4... gotta love the 240,000 point difference between me and Cro at #3, ha.  Guess I'll have to put some rhythm games on this profile and boost way up.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a way to boost if you use the telekinesis and a vending machine. It only boosts one at a time, but as soon as you're done hacking it resets so you can hack a shit load in a round. I think you just have to hold the grenade that comes out of the machine while the other person hacks it. There might be a video on it, but I've had someone do that with me one game.
Freezing vending machines is faster, because the hack time decreases on a frozen machine. Bums and I were getting 200-300 more Adam when we boosted machines over turrets. And if two people have Speedy Hacker instead of just one it's 400-500 more from what I hear.

With the telekinesis, you have to find the same partner every map or someone gets screwed.

Congrats again on level 50!

So I was thinking of starting a private CAG leaderboard for this thread. Really tired of rising up several spots just to have some ass I don't know that is supposedly a part of CAG join the leaderboard and knock me back down. It would be nice to actually recognize everyone on the list.

I figure if someone wants to join they can post a request in the thread and if we actually know who they are I can add them. People would be accepted/rejected solely on popular opinion here and we could even base some polls on whether some people should be accepted or not. But I'm not going to mess with it unless it looks like a lot of you are interested. So.... thoughts?
Sounds like a great way to ostracize people; I'm in!

How are the points calculated on TT? Noticed my score dropped a bit since last night. Pretty sure it did, anyway. Not sure why there are two score numbers, either. 

Beat KZ2, btw. I'm not very good at the game. Not at all. the remaining trophies are specific enough that I really don't want to do them (so I won't.) Fun > Trophies when there's more than a bit of effort involved, for me.

Have to read tt for full explanation but the smaller number is your actual trophy score and the bigger one is how tt calcs it. And tt uses a relative formula for each game to assign point values. Vaically the harder a trophy to earn,the higher the tt score.

How are the points calculated on TT? Noticed my score dropped a bit since last night. Pretty sure it did, anyway. Not sure why there are two score numbers, either.

Beat KZ2, btw. I'm not very good at the game. Not at all. the remaining trophies are specific enough that I really don't want to do them (so I won't.) Fun > Trophies when there's more than a bit of effort involved, for me.
Have to read tt for full explanation but the smaller number is your actual trophy score and the bigger one is how tt calcs it. And tt uses a relative formula for each game to assign point values. Vaically the harder a trophy to earn,the higher the tt score.
This is a good explanation. The one part he left off that you might not infer from what he said is that your score can go down as a trophy you have becomes less "rare" and the multiplier for it goes down. For example, the first few people who played the last episode of TWAU would have likely shot up a few thousand immediately. However, as everyone else played all those points would get normalized and their score would drop way down.

The best example of this I have ever seen is on simmias score graph. In a span of 3 days he went from 148k to 156k and back down to 150k. I dont know what game that was, but I assume he was one of the first to finish it and a lot of people finished it right after him.

http://www.truetrophies.com/simmias.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back