PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to start doing this with things like Sherlock and Luther. I know I'm missing funny quips and stuff because, especially in Sherlock, the speak quickly. Their accents are just a bit too harsh for me to comprehend everything.
You get used to it. Both those series are in my top 10 shows. The world needs more Luther, though.

Hmmm...I'm actually kind of disappointed Sony has to pay out more for the outage. I thought the Welcome Back program was fairly generous. And I'm not a big fan of Sony having to spend money on stuff like this, they're not exactly rolling in it over there.
Like I said, I'll probably take the 3 months of Plus. Unless they throw in some surprise game we don't own (looking at you, LBP Vita).

I think it's only PS3 and PSP though. PSP, really Sony? fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read the trophy list for Injustice and there's a lot of good boosting ones. Anyone else grab the Vita version that would wanna boost some of those sometime during the evening hours?
*raises hand hesitantly*

I haven't downloaded the Vita version yet, though.

Hmmm...I'm actually kind of disappointed Sony has to pay out more for the outage. I thought the Welcome Back program was fairly generous. And I'm not a big fan of Sony having to spend money on stuff like this, they're not exactly rolling in it over there.
Probably won't cost them too much. Unless they actually give away a decent game. I'll probably take the 6 months Plus.

I've seen 2001 around 5 times, and for 4 of them I've watched it in 2 or 3 pieces. It's understandable (and fortunately the film has well defined 'break' points. I do the same thing with Citizen Kane. Clockwork Orange has slow pacing at times too. The Shining is just amazing. Eyes Wide Shut was a work in progress, sadly.

Our attention spans have been destroyed by television and the internet. Pacing in movies has accelerated so much (cuts, edits, abbreviated plot, etc) that now it's really hard to watch some older films. 70's films are particularly affected because they had glacial pacing. I recently watched Sharkey's Machine (Burt Reynolds) and there was like a 10 minute stake out scene of someone eating, sleeping, etc that nearly put me to sleep. I mean, it did put Reynolds to sleep at the end of the scene. Something like that would never make it to the final cut today.

Oh, and I wasn't kidding about Ebert's commentary on Citizen Kane. It's brilliant. There's a million things happening in that film from a 'newly invented in film' perspective that modern eyes simply can't see because we're so used to it. Having Ebert point out the historic relevance of every scene was eye opening.
Citizen Kane is great. I haven't watched the Ebert commentary yet but I'm pretty sure it's on the DVD version that I own.

Sounds like Bioshock is the general consensus.  The estimated time to plat on pstrophies is 10-15 hours, for some reason that seems pretty low to me.  Or is it just a shorter game?

Anyone that has the plat, did you do 2 playthroughs, or just get it all in one go on survivor?  Leaning towards 2 so at the very least I can finish and if I don't like it, I'm not wanting to kill myself trying to get through on survivor, and I can just be done with it.

NinjaSquirrel I'm moving our Swapper conversation here.

I was real pissed to see it come out at $20.  Even if it goes 50% off in 6 months I won't be buying it because I don't like spending that much on digital games.  So I have to wait for 75% or free on PS+.  Luckily Curve does put a lot of their games on PS+.

Just realized Road Not Taken is coming out August 5th, but it's not part of the PSN Play promo for whatever reason, which is kinda weird to me since they hyped it up so much.

Which makes me think, maybe free on PS+?  

Sounds like Bioshock is the general consensus. The estimated time to plat on pstrophies is 10-15 hours, for some reason that seems pretty low to me. Or is it just a shorter game?

Anyone that has the plat, did you do 2 playthroughs, or just get it all in one go on survivor? Leaning towards 2 so at the very least I can finish and if I don't like it, I'm not wanting to kill myself trying to get through on survivor, and I can just be done with it
Go with 2 plays.

1st enjoy story

2nd speed run

NinjaSquirrel I'm moving our Swapper conversation here.

I was real pissed to see it come out at $20. Even if it goes 50% off in 6 months I won't be buying it because I don't like spending that much on digital games. So I have to wait for 75% or free on PS+. Luckily Curve does put a lot of their games on PS+.
Poop.

Anyone that has the plat, did you do 2 playthroughs, or just get it all in one go on survivor? Leaning towards 2 so at the very least I can finish and if I don't like it, I'm not wanting to kill myself trying to get through on survivor, and I can just be done with it.
When I played it on my old account I did two playthroughs because (as rpg suggested) I wanted to take everything in and enjoy the game as much as possible. It's not an overly difficult game so on my current account I did everything in one playthrough.

If it was any other game I'd say power through that shit, but it's not "any other game".

Rayman Origins gives you very little backstory or instruction. I have no idea who any of these characters are, what their differnces and advantages are,  or why I'm collecting these red and yellow things

Not exactly newcomer friendly.

It is a nice guy to look at, and a fun little platformer though.

Rayman Origins gives you very little backstory or instruction. I have no idea who any of these characters are, what their differnces and advantages are, or why I'm collecting these red and yellow things

Not exactly newcomer friendly.

It is a nice guy to look at, and a fun little platformer though.
Yeah. Super Mario Bros did the same thing. Why the fuck was I collecting coins? And what were those things I was stomping on.

4.3/10.

Top five favorite Gilmore Girls episodes. Go!
My wife loved this show and watched every episode. I caught a few with her here and there. The end was so GREAT because it pissed off my wife so much. She hates the show now just because of how the series ended. It was awesome because it was so far fetched and ludicrous.

Yeah. Super Mario Bros did the same thing. Why the fuck was I collecting coins? And what were those things I was stomping on.

4.3/10.
You collected coins for extra lives = wealth is the key to living forever.

They were goombas and koopas, duh. :roll:

6.3/10.

My wife loved this show and watched every episode. I caught a few with her here and there. The end was so GREAT because it pissed off my wife so much. She hates the show now just because of how the series ended. It was awesome because it was so far fetched and ludicrous.
My wife has all the DVDs and watches them sometimes. I got her to watch all of Lost, and she tried to make me watch Gilmore Girls, but I couldn't do it. I made it maybe 2 episodes and called it quits. I felt like there was no point, and couldn't understand what we were watching for. I feel like dramas need to have some kind of goal/obstacle that the characters are trying to overcome. This show is just a bunch of chicks talking.

I don't like Gilmore Girls, I tried watching it twice since a lot of people at my school would talk about it. I hated it every time. The show is just so mind numbing. 

On a separate note I've been on hold with my husbands dr. for 20 minutes. I asked the girl a simple "how much will this be" and still on hold  :wall:

My PS4 is making weird clicking noises with the new 1.74 update.

Anyways I think I'm gonna stream some Trine 2 here in a minute since I'm bored.

My wife has all the DVDs and watches them sometimes. I got her to watch all of Lost, and she tried to make me watch Gilmore Girls, but I couldn't do it. I made it maybe 2 episodes and called it quits. I felt like there was no point, and couldn't understand what we were watching for. I feel like dramas need to have some kind of goal/obstacle that the characters are trying to overcome. This show is just a bunch of chicks talking.
Right, it was a dumb show. I only like it now because it pissed off my wife. I REALLY WANT TO SPOIL THE ENDING HERE.

I used to own 5 seasons of Gillmore on DVD. It was a guilty pleasure. At least in name, because I didnt feel guilty or care what people or you fuck ers think.

Just put it behind spoilers. I'll read it.
Goddammit Tyler. Thats work...

For the entire series the girl on the show was pursued by and dated this super rich, good looking (my wife says) guy who did and would do everything and anything just for her. He also stopped being a dog that slept with everything just for her. He became the dream man my wife says. And at the end she decided to go for a shitty career writing or whatever. Instead of having to do nothing and have a super rich dude give her anything she wanted. My wife said that it was dumb and super unrealistic because no woman would have turned him down

Goddammit Tyler. Thats work...

For the entire series the girl on the show was pursued by and dated this super rich, good looking (my wife says) guy who did and would do everything and anything just for her. He also stopped being a dog that slept with everything just for her. He became the dream man my wife says. And at the end she decided to go for a shitty career writing or whatever. Instead of having to do nothing and have a super rich dude give her anything she wanted. My wife said that it was dumb and super unrealistic because no woman would have turned him down
nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Like I said, I'll probably take the 3 months of Plus. Unless they throw in some surprise game we don't own (looking at you, LBP Vita).

I think it's only PS3 and PSP though. PSP, really Sony? fuck.
I assume because those where the two systems affected at the time of the hack.

All this TV and movie talk reminds me that Verizon sucks. I use to be a fan of FiOS, but ever since they started making Netflix stream like shit they can go to hell. Unfortunately the only reasonable alternative is Comcast. Ugh.

I've been playing Trine 2 a little bit and it amazes me how shitty the actual game is (looks purty though). I keep playing though because I like trying to figure out how to twerk my way to the next section.
At least the PS3 version's plat is easy enough to get.

All this TV and movie talk reminds me that Verizon sucks. I use to be a fan of FiOS, but ever since they started making Netflix stream like shit they can go to hell. Unfortunately the only reasonable alternative is Comcast. Ugh.
No problem with Fios & Netflix here.

[quote name="Bumslie" post="11952998" timestamp="1406226286"]No problem with Fios & Netflix here.[/quote]

You are the lucky one. See article above. We see terrible performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back