PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought everyone had gotten bored with the joke hostility towards newcomers in the last month or so. maybe I want paying attention during the 400 times a day I refresh the thread.

off topic - mad respect for the folks that plat littlebigplanet. even with a guide it takes some skill and dedication.
Need some coop help? I wouldn't mind getting into it.

Everyone should be playing Strider. This game is fun as shit. It definitely reminds me of Shadow Complex.
More importantly, does it remind you of Strider? That's the experience I'm hoping for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this isn't as bad as mayo and jello (seriously though wtf is that about) but my buddy gets extra mayo on his meatball subs from subway. Shit fucking grosses me out.

I haven't read any posts after my last one. Apology accepted but I'm not sure where that leaves us. We gave people a hard time but it was mostly all in fun. And we took it pretty damn easy on a lot of folks that definitely set themselves up. Hell, last night a guy didn't know his SSN among many other things and people didn't lay into him too bad because he knew how to present himself and be cool with others. You can't take everything you read from us literally. And seriously... if you didn't hate most of us it's news to me. The only posts I've ever seen you do are updates and to jump someone's shit. And a lot of your complaining was aimed at OT, which most of us partook in so it seemed to me that the list of people you got along with was pretty damn short. And granted, most of your posts are news and updates, but still... if that's the spectrum of your posts then what is everyone else supposed to think?

I browse through all the deals and make a few posts here and there, but I mainly stick to the PSN thread. If it needs to change that badly then I don't want to be a part of it. I'm not jumping back and forth from one thread to the other.
Yeah, I don't hate anybody that posts in the thread. Just because I don't participate in the off-topic discussion, it doesn't mean I hate you guys. I just wanted to make sure it would be toned down enough so that mods didn't feel the need to intervene. That's it. Maybe I was a little late on that, but I felt needed to be reinforced a bit more. My style of writing might be a bit more blunt and to the point than you'd like, but that's sort of how I do it in a thread like that since it's full of questions. I participated a ton in game discussions with thoughts and impressions, but that obviously got drowned out by off-topic discussion a lot of the time.

Quick question: I have some copy-protected saves on my old hard drive I'd like to get off of it. Would I run into any issues if I swap it back into the PS3, and then swap back to my current one? I can't find a definite answer anywhere. I would think I should just be able to swap the old one back in, update the firmware, and proceed as normal. Just don't want to take any chances.

I know this isn't as bad as mayo and jello (seriously though wtf is that about) but my buddy gets extra mayo on his meatball subs from subway. Shit fucking grosses me out.
I knew somebody who would add mayo and mustard to the Subway meatball subs. I agree it's fuck ing gross.

Quick question: I have some copy-protected saves on my old hard drive I'd like to get off of it. Would I run into any issues if I swap it back into the PS3, and then swap back to my current one? I can't find a definite answer anywhere. I would think I should just be able to swap the old one back in, update the firmware, and proceed as normal. Just don't want to take any chances.
Do you mean update it so you can get online and upload the saves to the cloud? You should be able to do that as long as it's the same PS3, as the hard drive is formatted just for that console and will be formatted if you want to use it elsewhere. If you were masochistic, you could have two hard drives and swap them out as needed, but that's kind of a pain in the ass to do outside of bad situations when changing HDDs.

I will say that Frisky has loosened up a lot in the last year or so. There was a time where the guy couldn't take a joke.

But Frisk, come on, bro. Let's bury this thing. Yes, I think the key/color thing is stupid. I'm sorry, I just don't like it. Others might think it's the greatest thing on the planet. I don't like it for the exact reason I said, because by the time I get down to the end of the post, I've forgotten what everything means. I don't offer a suggestion for anything better, because I don't have one.

I don't like when you post information as if it's breaking news, when it's usually things other people have said. I understand you might have been typing and you didn't refresh your page though.

I think I've only bashed new people for asking things when they're asking things that have been answered 100 times, 20 of those in posts on the same page. I'm sorry, but stupid/lazy people shouldn't just get a pass and be fed everything. I've even answered questions that are good questions. I don't go against new people, I'm against stupid people. If Tyler asked a stupid question, I'd make sure he got the response he deserved.

Do you mean update it so you can get online and upload the saves to the cloud? You should be able to do that as long as it's the same PS3, as the hard drive is formatted just for that console and will be formatted if you want to use it elsewhere. If you were masochistic, you could have two hard drives and swap them out as needed, but that's kind of a pain in the ass to do outside of bad situations when changing HDDs.
Yeah, that's what I was needing to know. It's been awhile since I swapped them so I don't remember if I wiped the old drive or not, fingers crossed that I didn't. I'll swap it out sometime and if everything is still there I'll grab a PS+ sub to upload the saves. Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I was needing to know. It's been awhile since I swapped them so I don't remember if I wiped the old drive or not, fingers crossed that I didn't. I'll swap it out sometime and if everything is still there I'll grab a PS+ sub to upload the saves. Thanks.
Souls games? Star Ocean? When I swapped my hard drive a long time ago, I was worried I'd lose my Star Ocean saves. I thought copy protected meant it couldn't be uploaded either. I quickly learned that wasn't the case.

Souls games? Star Ocean? When I swapped my hard drive a long time ago, I was worried I'd lose my Star Ocean saves. I thought copy protected meant it couldn't be uploaded either. I quickly learned that wasn't the case.
Star Ocean is on the new drive thankfully. The main ones I realized I didn't have were AC II and the Sly Collection. Wanted to go back and work on the plats for those on occasion, but no way I'm gonna start over to do it.

Star Ocean is on the new drive thankfully. The main ones I realized I didn't have were AC II and the Sly Collection. Wanted to go back and work on the plats for those on occasion, but no way I'm gonna start over to do it.
Shit, I didn't even realize AC2 was copy protected. What's the point of copy protecting saves anyways?

Oh, and I was looking at my PSN friends list, trying to clear it out and remove people who were just boosting partners at some point and I saw laboy on there and thought who the fuck is this? I didn't delete you though, because I figured it was someone from CAG.

Shit, I didn't even realize AC2 was copy protected. What's the point of copy protecting saves anyways?
If I understand correctly it's to keep people from cheating with trophies mostly. I've heard games such as Darksiders allow you to copy the save, but trophies are disabled if you use them on another account. I don't see why they all can't be this way.

SJD is slowly catching up on the other thread, so it's only a matter of it kee before he graces us with his presence here and tells us how he saw a children's hospital burn to the ground and it made him super happy.

Oh, and I was looking at my PSN friends list, trying to clear it out and remove people who were just boosting partners at some point and I saw laboy on there and thought who the fuck is this? I didn't delete you though, because I figured it was someone from CAG.
Yeah, I want to change that name badly. Hopefully one day they'll allow it.

SJD is slowly catching up on the other thread, so it's only a matter of it kee before he graces us with his presence here and tells us how he saw a children's hospital burn to the ground and it made him super happy.
That he caused from lighting off fireworks.

If I understand correctly it's to keep people from cheating with trophies mostly. I've heard games such as Darksiders allow you to copy the save, but trophies are disabled if you use them on another account. I don't see why they all can't be this way.
I'm pretty sure all saves disable trophies if you use them on another account. I had Batman Origins on a USB to get through I Am The night mode and loaded it on my wife's profile and got a message that I was loading another users data and I wouldn't be able to earn trophies. I think used Vita games do the same thing until you erase hue be other persons data.

I'm pretty sure all saves disable trophies if you use them on another account. I had Batman Origins on a USB to get through I Am The night mode and loaded it on my wife's profile and got a message that I was loading another users data and I wouldn't be able to earn trophies. I think used Vita games do the same thing until you erase hue be other persons data.
In that case I'm even more baffled at the fact that we have copy-protected saves.

Maybe I was a little late on that,
Called it

But Frisk, come on, bro. Let's bury this thing. Yes, I think the key/color thing is stupid. I'm sorry, I just don't like it. Others might think it's the greatest thing on the planet. I don't like it for the exact reason I said, because by the time I get down to the end of the post, I've forgotten what everything means.
How often does that have something to do with you being drunk?

I actually learned a bit about this a while back. There is a program (even though you could use bruteforce) called xplodr, and I think another one as well. You can upload your save to it from a usb (and upload your profile). Then you can go to a save hosting website, and download other people saves. The program will reassign their save using your profile, you copy it back to your system, boom. Load the save, trophies pop.

So the copy save protection didn't really deter people from doing what it was meant to do.

0% of the time since I don't drink, noob.
Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

I actually learned a bit about this a while back. There is a program (even though you could use bruteforce) called xplodr, and I think another one as well. You can upload your save to it from a usb (and upload your profile). Then you can go to a save hosting website, and download other people saves. The program will reassign their save using your profile, you copy it back to your system, boom. Load the save, trophies pop.

So the copy save protection didn't really deter people from doing what it was meant to do.
I know Xploder actually I used to use Modio on 360 to do things like add a custom avatar. My avatar on 360 is Mufasa, and I used to get messages all the time about where I got it. On PS3, I've used Bruteforce because it lets you change the region of games. So if you have a save that's for an EU version, you can change it to US. Comes in handy a lot with sharing. It also works if you have a save that's for a disc version, but the DL version uses a different ID. I've helped a couple people on the forum with that when they've complained about DL and disc saves not being compatible.

I know Xploder actually I used to use Modio on 360 to do things like add a custom avatar. My avatar on 360 is Mufasa, and I used to get messages all the time about where I got it. On PS3, I've used Bruteforce because it lets you change the region of games. So if you have a save that's for an EU version, you can change it to US. Comes in handy a lot with sharing. It also works if you have a save that's for a disc version, but the DL version uses a different ID. I've helped a couple people on the forum with that when they've complained about DL and disc saves not being compatible.
Nice, I've never ran into that problem. I've actually never even used this stuff period, but I heard some people talking about it and looked it up. People would use it in Borderlands to get all the guns, etc. without having to farm them.

But...that's half the fun of Borderlands...
I know. That's why I never used it. But it was awful tempting. You could always tell (until they did the loot hunt) who was cheating too. Because of the one gun (I cant even remember the name now) that had like a .008% chance of dropping. Whoever was running around with that gun was a cheater, save for like a handful of people.

I know. That's why I never used it. But it was awful tempting. You could always tell (until they did the loot hunt) who was cheating too. Because of the one gun (I cant even remember the name now) that had like a .008% chance of dropping.
I played Boderlands Uno online once or twice and the people always had the craziest stuff. One time I got matched up with some dude just dropping guns that were max stats for everything and a level requirement of 1.

I played Boderlands Uno online once or twice and the people always had the craziest stuff. One time I got matched up with some dude just dropping guns that were max stats for everything and a level requirement of 1.
Yep, I have a ton of modded stuff from BL1. It was really easy, and they never tried to weed it out. They actually encouraged it IIRC. It wasn't till the second one they started patching out the modded weapons.

Yep, I have a ton of modded stuff from BL1. It was really easy, and they never tried to weed it out. They actually encouraged it IIRC. It wasn't till the second one they started patching out the modded weapons.
I see no issues with stuff like that as long as you play offline. I prefer to keep my online experiences clean cut and by the rules. Anything goes for single player though. I used to love game genie back in the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back