PSN Sale - Droplitz 50% off, various PSP games and Minis discounted (2/1 - 2/7)

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
This week's sale is not that hot compared to last week's. Sale prices are good 2/1 - 2/7 (technically mid-day 2/8, whenever the PS Store updates again). In any event, here's the list:

PS3:
Droplitz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2: The Mystery Of Riddle Manor – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3: The Mystery Of The Concealing Flame – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4: Death From Above – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5: The Riddles Of The Past – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6: Flight Of The Felonious Fugitive – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 1-3 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $25.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $26.99)

PSP:
Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin’ Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Half-Minute Hero – Price Change (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $19.99)

Minis (PSP/PS3):
Mahjongg Artifacts – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Stand O’ Food – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Supermarket Mania – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
I Must Run! – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – minis – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)

Expired sale:
"11 for 11" sale - 11 PSN titles for half off. Sale runs from 1/25 through the 31st (technically until 2/1 when the following store update happens afternoon/evening). List of sale titles and links to their Metacritic reviews pages are below.

Costume Quest – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Hoard* – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype* – $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
MotorStorm 3D Rift* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
Peggle – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Swords and Soliders** – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Tumble* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Comet Crash* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Shatter** – $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price Metacritic reviews

* - Asterisk denotes a PSN exclusive title.
** - Also available for PC on Steam.

My personal recommendations: Costume Quest, Peggle (if you don't already have it on another platform), Tumble (if you have a Move controller), and Shatter.

Source:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-networks-11-for-2011-ps3-game-sale/
To stay informed with what's new in the Playstation Store on a regular basis and to hear about future sales, be sure to subscribe to the PS Store thread in the PS3 forum!:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']Of course not everyone feels that need but I am surprised that people on CAG buy for full price then complain when the next week the game is half off. Just wait for the sale; it's a fucking game and as an adult I don't act like a child looking at the candy in the checkout isle. I have plenty of patience and besides, imost people here have backlogs. If you have no backlog, I can see why you would want to get a game for full price.[/QUOTE]

Wow, settle down, Beavis--it's not like he ran out to GameStop and paid their "$5 Nintendo DS tax" to get a $34.99 game for $40.

Major reasons why people buy PSN/XBLA games for full price:

• sales aren't guaranteed to occur, and the price isn't that high to begin with, which makes said titles more CAG-worthy from the outset
  • leaderboards and friendly competition are much more likely during first month of game's release (eg. the wonderful, terrific Joe Danger); afterwards, chances are it'll just get lost in the shuffle
  • multiplayer is typically only relevant for a short window, esp. on downloadable titles
In any event, no need to get all over the guy--take your hostility over to NeoGAF, so they can rip you to shreds.

[quote name='AwRy108']Wow, settle down, Beavis--it's not like he ran out to GameStop and paid their "$5 Nintendo DS tax" to get a $34.99 game for $40.

Major reasons why people buy PSN/XBLA games for full price:

• sales aren't guaranteed to occur, and the price isn't that high to begin with, which makes said titles more CAG-worthy from the outset
  • leaderboards and friendly competition are much more likely during first month of game's release (eg. the wonderful, terrific Joe Danger); afterwards, chances are it'll just get lost in the shuffle
  • multiplayer is typically only relevant for a short window, esp. on downloadable titles
In any event, no need to get all over the guy--take your hostility over to NeoGAF, so they can rip you to shreds.[/QUOTE]

Beavis? wtf is neogaf? I have no clue wtf you are talking about. Regardless, 15 for a game without a disk is a lot. Its a fucking rip off. I bought mass effect 2 for 10 bucks. Are these games as good as that one? Never buy games unless they are on sale.

Or, if you don't feel comfortable using your credit card online, just buy PSN gift cards and use the balance on them yourself instead. You can find them everywhere. :)

Probably in it for Costume Quest. I was initially super excited for that one until I realised the only reason I was really looking forward to it was because the article had described it as "like Earthbound", but of course the game ISN'T and can't possibly be Earthbound. I would have probably bought it eventually at full price once I've played the umpteen million other games I own but haven't finished, but I'm sure I can get at least seven dollars worth of enjoyment out of it.

[quote name='typical guy']Beavis? wtf is neogaf? I have no clue wtf you are talking about. Regardless, 15 for a game without a disk is a lot. Its a fucking rip off. I bought mass effect 2 for 10 bucks. Are these games as good as that one? Never buy games unless they are on sale.[/QUOTE]

You asked a question as to why someone would buy something when not on sale, we answered it. Just because your opinion doesn't coincide with the other parties doesn't make either side right or wrong. I think you need to sit back, take a breather and calm down.

[quote name='DoraAreGames']Or, if you don't feel comfortable using your credit card online, just buy PSN gift cards and use the balance on them yourself instead. You can find them everywhere. :)

Probably in it for Costume Quest. I was initially super excited for that one until I realised the only reason I was really looking forward to it was because the article had described it as "like Earthbound", but of course the game ISN'T and can't possibly be Earthbound. I would have probably bought it eventually at full price once I've played the umpteen million other games I own but haven't finished, but I'm sure I can get at least seven dollars worth of enjoyment out of it.[/QUOTE]

Contact on the DS is supposed to be 'like earthbound' too. I didn't buy that one for myself because I have a hard time believing it. I did buy it for my neice in hopes it is a little like it though. I wish they would release the mythical earthbound compilation game for the ds or wii.

Gah, having problems with PSN. I 10.01 in my wallet but when I try to buy costume quest it keeps charging me the full 14.99. I tried adding it to my cart but still nothing. How do I get the sale price? >_

If Costume Quest is even close to Earthbound in humor and gameplay I guess I have to buy it. I loved that game when it came out and then forgot completely about it until I started seeing how rare and valuable it is. Shit like that happens to me all the time. I think I could have thousands in value in just 4 or 5 games had I held onto them.

[quote name='Draekon']You asked a question as to why someone would buy something when not on sale, we answered it. Just because your opinion doesn't coincide with the other parties doesn't make either side right or wrong. I think you need to sit back, take a breather and calm down.[/QUOTE]

Hey or maybe people shouldn't bitch about their bad decisions? You either buy at full price and take the risk of a future sale or you wait for the sales.

The worst thing that happens if you wait is that you can pay the same full price later.

This is like when people buy a game on sale for 40 and don't play it until well after it drops to 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ill be getting Costume Quest due to all the raving here at CAG.

I'm definitely going to get Deathspank 2. I am enjoying the original very much

[quote name='Tonious']Gah, having problems with PSN. I 10.01 in my wallet but when I try to buy costume quest it keeps charging me the full 14.99. I tried adding it to my cart but still nothing. How do I get the sale price? >_

[quote name='edson13']sale starts once the store is updated for the week. Probably around 5PM PST.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thank you. ^_^

[quote name='typical guy']Hey or maybe people shouldn't bitch about their bad decisions? You eith buy at full price and take the risk of a future sale or you wait for the sales.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice anyone in this thread except you being overly "bitchy" about anything, and you're not even "bitching" about anything relevant--you're just attacking other people.

Why are you so concerned about calling out other people's purchasing decisions? Does this make you feel like a bigger man?

Also, just an FYI: NeoGAF is the worlds largest gaming forum--at any given time, there's a minimum of 2000-3000 people actively using their forums, including prominent figures in the gaming industry.

How is this soldner? I played the shit out of the original free to play multiplayer one on PC. IS this one still multiplayer?

[quote name='AwRy108']I didn't notice anyone in this thread except you being overly "bitchy" about anything, and you're not even "bitching" about anything relevant--you're just attacking other people.

Why are you so concerned about calling out other people's purchasing decisions? Does this make you feel like a bigger man?

Also, just an FYI: NeoGAF is the worlds largest gaming forum--at any given time, there's a minimum of 2000-3000 people actively using their forums, including prominent figures in the gaming industry.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly sure the comments you have directed at me could be considered bitchy. Moreso than my comments.

I had heard the term neogaff but had no clue what it was. I guess I'm not involved in the online game community in general. I go to this forum and that's it.

I didn't like Costume Quest a whole lot. The combat sucked unholy ass. And juuuuuuuuuuuust a little repetitive with it. Would a map have been that bad? Only the final boss gave me any trouble at all. Story was cute, art was great. I would definitely NOT pay full price, but half is about right. $5 would be my sweet spot but that'll probably never happen.

Shatter was a lot of fun for a sit-down-and-play-10-mins-and-walk-away game. Well worth it.

Deathspank ToV was a reskin of the first. If you liked the first a bunch, you'll like this one.

Any suggestions on Hoard?

Just out of curiosity, does Peggle have mouse control support on PS3? I could never play that game using a controller, I need the extra precision of a mouse.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Just out of curiosity, does Peggle have mouse control support on PS3? I could never play that game using a controller, I need the extra precision of a mouse.[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. Have you tried the demo? It's pretty precise to me

[quote name='typical guy']Of course not everyone feels that need but I am surprised that people on CAG buy for full price then complain when the next week the game is half off.[/QUOTE]

But he didn't complain, he just commented that he bought the game last week.

Also, calm down. Getting riled up over something so stupid is not good for your health.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Just out of curiosity, does Peggle have mouse control support on PS3? I could never play that game using a controller, I need the extra precision of a mouse.[/QUOTE]

PopCap made some adjustments / enhancements to the controls to make the aiming just as precise on the consoles as it is on a PC.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Don't think so. Have you tried the demo? It's pretty precise to me[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it supports mice, but it controls wonderfully on the 360, so I imagine its fine.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Are the prices up? Hoard is still showing at $14.99[/QUOTE]

Look 8 posts up.

The prices won't be up until the store updates between 5-8pm PST.

[quote name='Camwi']But he didn't complain, he just commented that he bought the game last week.

Also, calm down. Getting riled up over something so stupid is not good for your health.[/QUOTE]

I'm not riled up? I don't get upset about things on the internet. If my opinions look like they express emotion then that is emotion you put into it from your imagination.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm not riled up? I don't get upset about things on the internet. If my opinions look like they express emotion then that is emotion you put into it from your imagination.[/QUOTE]
You know what they say...it isnt what you say, its how you say it. Even printed words can convey meaning. And you were being rude by stating no one should buy games at full price and getting upset when someone offered their reasoning.
Guess what guy? If NO ONE bought games full price, there wouldnt be any more new games to buy cheap later on. The games market would die (or at least the good ones) and then we all would lose.

[quote name='wrencrest']You know what they say...it isnt what you say, its how you say it. Even printed words can convey meaning. And you were being rude by stating no one should buy games at full price and getting upset when someone offered their reasoning.
Guess what guy? If NO ONE bought games full price, there wouldnt be any more new games to buy cheap later on. The games market would die (or at least the good ones) and then we all would lose.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is true. Look at Iphone games, there are tons of them for $1. Imo, if every game released for less, they could make up the price difference with a larger number of sales, particularly with download only games.

And yes, I think no one should pay full price. It's just plain foolish since everyone knows there are sales. You people need to understand the difference between opinion and fact. What I am saying is that it is foolish to pay full price is an opion. It's (apparently?) Your opion that people shouldn't save money. It is your opion that the game industry would die if everyone waited for sales.

[quote name='typical guy']I don't think that is true. Look at Iphone games, there are tons of them for $1. Imo, if every game released for less, they could make up the price difference with a larger number of sales, particularly with download only games.

And yes, I think no one should pay full price. It's just plain foolish since everyone knows there are sales. You people need to understand the difference between opinion and fact. What I am saying is that it is foolish to pay full price is an opion. It's (apparently?) Your opion that people shouldn't save money. It is your opion that the game industry would die if everyone waited for sales.[/QUOTE]
I dont know much about iphone games, but arent most of the games that are $1 at full retail price? They didnt reduce all of them to $1. Also, I am overstating things of course about the industry, but I stand by the fact that they have to sell games at full retail price to someone. No industry can survive not selling their products at full retail. Whatever that price may be. It doesn't have to be $60.

So back on topic, does anyone know if amazon has been listing the download code for the sale prices? I know they did in the past but I noticed the 99 cents tv show king was still listed at 4.99 on amazon so I had to buy it on the psn.

It's one thing to buy a game at full price on release, but why would you do so six months to a year after release? Almost every PSN game goes on sale, if you waited that long to buy it, you might as well keep waiting.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's one thing to buy a game at full price on release, but why would you do so six months to a year after release? Almost every PSN game goes on sale, if you waited that long to buy it, you might as well keep waiting.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you there.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Look 8 posts up.

The prices won't be up until the store updates between 5-8pm PST.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I'm not going to sift through flames to find that. OP should update. Thanks, though.:roll:

[quote name='typical guy']I don't think that is true. Look at Iphone games, there are tons of them for $1. Imo, if every game released for less, they could make up the price difference with a larger number of sales, particularly with download only games.

And yes, I think no one should pay full price. It's just plain foolish since everyone knows there are sales. You people need to understand the difference between opinion and fact. What I am saying is that it is foolish to pay full price is an opion. It's (apparently?) Your opion that people shouldn't save money. It is your opion that the game industry would die if everyone waited for sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to even bother going into the majority of what's wrong and obtuse with your argument; and I already made it clear that your means of conversing via forum text strongly skews towards being derogative towards other people. What I will comment on is this: 98% of the games released on Apple's "App Store" are garbage, and the 2% that are actually decent rely solely on word of mouth to generate sales, which is why so few of them succeed. On top of that, even the "good" titles are usually simple, throw-away games that many publishers use to generate a quick buck. On the whole, the "App Store" and it's loads of "meh" $1 gaming experiences are hardly what I want the true, "hardcore" gaming industry to become.

As a CAG, I can't say that I'm thrilled that the price of new games is $60; but I can say that, thanks to Amazon, KMart, and NewEgg, I've been able to get nearly ever big-name title during launch week for $40 or less. Like another posted said: the industry needs every type of consumer, whether it be the person who's pays $60 for one game every 3 months, or a CAG who pays half that by learning to work the system. Same goes for the digital distribution platforms, which speaks to why they actually offer sales on places like PSN (because they sure as hell don't have to): because the industry needs all types of consumers.

So get off people's backs, because I'm sure you fit into each category of consumer, even if it's not necessarily in the videogame market. That is, unless you're perfect, which you seem to be adamant about convincing us all that you are.

[quote name='Serpentor']Any recommendations for Swords and Soldiers? What the heck is it? That's the only one I'm not sure I want, the rest either I have or I'm buying.[/QUOTE]

I recommend it, the game is a rather basic real time strategy game. The art style is cool but, the campaign is rather short. Multiplayer battles between another person are pretty fun. There are three factions you can play as and each one has it's own campaign with ten levels each. The factions are Vikings, Aztecs and Chinese. The factions are failry balanced once you understand how each one works and the best strategy to attack them. There are also some single player challenges like survival and some others. I bought it during the Steam holiday sale and it was well worth the 2.50 I paid and more. I can easily recommend it for five bucks.

[quote name='AwRy108']obtuse[/QUOTE]

TWO MONTHS IN THE HOLE!

I have a few extra dollars in my psn wallet, but I'm saving it for Journey. Nice sale though.

[quote name='ohram']TWO MONTHS IN THE HOLE!

[/QUOTE]
Shawshank Redemption. One of the best movies ever! And a great quote. Cant believe I didnt think of it first!

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']If you don't have 3D, you can actually get something out of 3D Rift. Think of it along the lines of GT: Prologue. You get 10 Tracks and 10 Events. There are no trophies, but if youre just looking for some fun off-roading you could do far worse for $5 (looks at you, Smash Cars).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/23/motorstorm-3d-rift-comes-to-psn-tomorrow-with-10-tracks/[/QUOTE]

My point was a response to Adamical and it was that if he/you already owned Pacific Rift it looked like it wouldn't be worth it because it's just 10 tracks from Pacific Rift in 3D.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Sorry, but I'm not going to sift through flames to find that. OP should update. Thanks, though.:roll:[/QUOTE]
:roll: Yes, because it's really hard to read the page that you're posting on to see if the question you're about to ask hasn't already been asked by someone else...

i see a lot of positive comments about hoard, costume quest, and comet crash so i will possibly get those.

soldner x2 looks fun, but after browsing through this thread im not sure about buying it. it would be nice if they had demos for all the games.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: Yes, because it's really hard to read the page that you're posting on to see if the question you're about to ask hasn't already been asked by someone else...[/QUOTE]
Also, I thought it was common knowledge that all PSN sales went live when the update happened. And we all know the update occurs on Tuesday nights right? Right?

[quote name='z3razerviper']Yea it seems to be but no advertisement in the store to tell you so[/QUOTE]

....that's what this thread is for. ;)

Also, there's usually a deals (I forget the exact wording) button in the new releases section.

@AwRy108

Don't even bother with typical guy. You presented your comments very succinctly and addressed what's on everyone else's minds reading his rants. The dude doesn't even take the time to write "opinion" right. He probably doesn't take a second glance or considers what he writes or how he comes across. I will say no more on the matter.

On topic, Amazon has in the past price matched some of the PSN sales but lately for the past year or so, I haven't seen it. Hell, even Costume Quest isn't even up for purchase.

I really wish they would considering that my PS3 is at home while I'm at med school. Guess I'll have to get the little bro to do it...

Any thoughts/opinions on Comet Crash's local co-op? My little brother and I love playing strategy games together.

[quote name='wquach']@AwRy108

Don't even bother with typical guy. You presented your comments very succinctly and addressed what's on everyone else's minds reading his rants. The dude doesn't even take the time to write "opinion" right. He probably doesn't take a second glance or considers what he writes or how he comes across. I will say no more on the matter.

On topic, Amazon has in the past price matched some of the PSN sales but lately for the past year or so, I haven't seen it. Hell, even Costume Quest isn't even up for purchase.

I really wish they would considering that my PS3 is at home while I'm at med school. Guess I'll have to get the little bro to do it...

Any thoughts/opinions on Comet Crash's local co-op? My little brother and I love playing strategy games together.[/QUOTE]

Misspell because I tyhpe on android smartphone

I picked up Shatter; time to see what all the hubbub is about.

Costume Quest is worth it at 1/2 price imo. Don't forget about the DLC for it too after you finish!

[quote name='Tom Ato']I picked up Shatter; time to see what all the hubbub is about.

Costume Quest is worth it at 1/2 price imo. Don't forget about the DLC for it too after you finish![/QUOTE]

Let us know what you think about Shatter. I've been thinking about that for awhile too.

Looking at gameplay videos of everything else on sale I'm unsure about...

Shatter looks like a faster placed arkanoid.
Tumble looks like a tech demo...
Comet Crash looks interesting, but I still have a few tower defense games to finish.

Swords and Soldiers looks like Patapon, without the rhythm? Is that a good description for people who's played it?

Space Invaders is now a vertical scroller with retro graphics. Interesting, but I wasn't ever a big SI fan.

GF now wants both Costume Quest and Hoard, so guess I'll be getting those, with Deathspank 2, and possibly Soldner-X 2.

Edit: And I quote,
"need! I wanna be a dragon!"

bread's done
Back