PSN Sale - Droplitz 50% off, various PSP games and Minis discounted (2/1 - 2/7)

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
This week's sale is not that hot compared to last week's. Sale prices are good 2/1 - 2/7 (technically mid-day 2/8, whenever the PS Store updates again). In any event, here's the list:

PS3:
Droplitz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2: The Mystery Of Riddle Manor – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3: The Mystery Of The Concealing Flame – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4: Death From Above – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5: The Riddles Of The Past – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6: Flight Of The Felonious Fugitive – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 1-3 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $25.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $26.99)

PSP:
Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin’ Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Half-Minute Hero – Price Change (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $19.99)

Minis (PSP/PS3):
Mahjongg Artifacts – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Stand O’ Food – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Supermarket Mania – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
I Must Run! – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – minis – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)

Expired sale:
"11 for 11" sale - 11 PSN titles for half off. Sale runs from 1/25 through the 31st (technically until 2/1 when the following store update happens afternoon/evening). List of sale titles and links to their Metacritic reviews pages are below.

Costume Quest – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Hoard* – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype* – $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
MotorStorm 3D Rift* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
Peggle – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Swords and Soliders** – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Tumble* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Comet Crash* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Shatter** – $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price Metacritic reviews

* - Asterisk denotes a PSN exclusive title.
** - Also available for PC on Steam.

My personal recommendations: Costume Quest, Peggle (if you don't already have it on another platform), Tumble (if you have a Move controller), and Shatter.

Source:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-networks-11-for-2011-ps3-game-sale/
To stay informed with what's new in the Playstation Store on a regular basis and to hear about future sales, be sure to subscribe to the PS Store thread in the PS3 forum!:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bobphone']Do these end at midnight or just whenever the store updates tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Whenever the store updates tomorrow (Tuesday).

[quote name='DeadlyMan']No, don't own Peggle on another platform. Although I can get it for the Android OS? How long does Tumble last? Does it have replay value?[/QUOTE]

I think Peggle has more replay value of the two. It's just a really great game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think Peggle has more replay value of the two. It's just a really great game.[/QUOTE]

Agree also that Peggle is great!

If you're on the fence at all about Shatter, get it. I did, and the system plays very differently than Arkanoid games. I see it as combining some elements of scrolling shooters and pinball, and the push/suck abilities if used to change the balls' angles, and you can even go a long time without the balls hitting the bat
(that sounds dirty)

[quote name='elessar123']If you're on the fence at all about Shatter, get it. I did, and the system plays very differently than Arkanoid games. I see it as combining some elements of scrolling shooters and pinball, and the push/suck abilities is used to change the balls' angles, and you can even go a long time without the balls hitting the bat
(that sounds dirty)
[/QUOTE]

P.S. The only reason I didn't get peggle is cause I have it on one of the popcap compilations on 360.

Just bit on Costume Quest (after an enjoyable demo), Shatter, and Soldner. Gonna be an epic week of snowstorm gaming!

/nod I do not think I have seen anything about tonight's update. I recall a week or two ago someone posted the PS+ stuff, but I have not seen anything else.

Hopefully tonights update comes late, so I can partake in the sale. WHY doesn't Sony let you purchase online then download later, so much easier.

[quote name='MSI Magus']/nod I do not think I have seen anything about tonight's update. I recall a week or two ago someone posted the PS+ stuff, but I have not seen anything else.[/QUOTE]

The drop was mentioned in our weekly PSN update thread in the PS3 forum. There should be a plus release out today as well.

[quote name='DeadlyMan']No, don't own Peggle on another platform. Although I can get it for the Android OS? How long does Tumble last? Does it have replay value?[/QUOTE]

Peggle has as much replay value as Plinko. In other words, endless.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The drop was mentioned in our weekly PSN update thread in the PS3 forum. There should be a plus release out today as well.[/QUOTE]

Saw it, but I do not recall seeing a mention of sales, just new releases like Pacman CE mini.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']PS+ for this week: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8082576&postcount=6342
The Drop: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8120075&postcount=6389[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I actually did see it before, I just totally forgot about it because it was so long ago. It would actually be extremely helpful if you would start including those on the front page. I understand you wait to put it on the front page till the current deals pass, but personally id love to see both.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Thanks. I actually did see it before, I just totally forgot about it because it was so long ago. It would actually be extremely helpful if you would start including those on the front page. I understand you wait to put it on the front page till the current deals pass, but personally id love to see both.[/QUOTE]
I've thought about it but usually passed due to not wanting to clog up the list in the OP with multiple lists and more information other than just what's out for the current week, though I just got an idea on how to make room for it without messing up the first post. Since I have the first few posts and one is largely useless (foreign content), I could delete that stuff and move the other lists down so that I could make that first post below the main post for the upcoming content (PS+, Drop, and Known Release Dates for anything else). Sound good?

FYI the sale prices disappeared as of 4 p.m. central. I JUST got in to get Costume Quest as I was playing the demo, then bought it when the first trophy notification popped up and it prompted to buy. I bought Shatter and Space Invaders earlier in the day.

bionic commando rearmed 2 this week? The first one was amazing, but ive heard they toned down the old-school difficulty, added a jump button...:(

New sale is up. Looks like tons of Atlus PSP games are all 50% off.

Droplitz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin' Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)

Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Half-Minute Hero – Price Change (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $14.99)

Mahjongg Artifacts – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Stand O' Food – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Supermarket Mania – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
I Must Run! – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – minis – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2: The Mystery Of Riddle Manor – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3: The Mystery Of The Concealing Flame – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4: Death From Above – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5: The Riddles Of The Past – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6: Flight Of The Felonious Fugitive – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 1-3 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $25.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $26.99)

Bold are the Atlus games, and Italics for the two that may catch the most eyes :p

Any opinions on Riviera and Yggdra Union?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']bionic commando rearmed 2 this week? The first one was amazing, but ive heard they toned down the old-school difficulty, added a jump button...:([/QUOTE]

Everything I read says the difficulty is still there, and the jump button can either be ignored or disabled (not sure which). Every level is beatable without jumping.

[quote name='plutoknight']Bold are the Atlus games, and Italics for the two that may catch the most eyes :p

Any opinions on Riviera and Yggdra Union?[/QUOTE]

Might want to highlight Half Minute Hero as well.

As for Riviera, I only played it for half an hour. It's not bad, and probably only worth it if you're already a TRPG fan.

Yggdra Union is the second game of the series, and it's graphics are bad even compared to NES games. That said, I did play it to about half way, but I don't think 99% of gamers would like it at all. It has heavy emphasis on unit placement above all.

Knights in the Nightmare happens to be the fourth game in the series, but I have not played it at all, and I have heard that it is better on the DS.

As for game 3, it's not released yet.

I myself might buy Hexyz Force, if and only if my UMD copy is sealed. I don't remember if it is.

Class of Heroes was crap btw. It was hyped up to be a superior Etrian Odyssey type game (dungeon crawler), but the boss fights become kill them in one hit or you'll die in one hit.

[quote name='elessar123']Might want to highlight Half Minute Hero as well.

As for Riviera, I only played it for half an hour. It's not bad, and probably only worth it if you're already a TRPG fan.

Yggdra Union is the second game of the series, and it's graphics are bad even compared to NES games. That said, I did play it to about half way, but I don't think 99% of gamers would like it at all. It has heavy emphasis on unit placement above all.

Knights in the Nightmare happens to be the fourth game in the series, but I have not played it at all, and I have heard that it is better on the DS.

As for game 3, it's not released yet.

I myself might buy Hexyz Force, if and only if my UMD copy is sealed. I don't remember if it is.

Class of Heroes was crap btw. It was hyped up to be a superior Etrian Odyssey type game (dungeon crawler), but the boss fights become kill them in one hit or you'll die in one hit.[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks for the opinions! Riviera seems the most interesting of the games I don't own yet (Yeah, I have Persona and P3P...). I think for that price it seems like a worthwhile purchase.

And YES! Half-Minute Hero should be highlighted, but I wasn't sure if 14.99 was its usual MSRP or not. Anyone who doesn't own it though and loves quirky RPG-esque games should buy it. It's awesome.

I was just gonna let the thread slide off into the great beyond, but since people are still posting, I updated the OP with this week's discounts.

Thanks for keeping the thread going, but you may want to post the date at the top of your first post. I was excited when I saw what you listed, but then when I looked at the date on your post, I felt like I had already missed the sale. (though I look at CAG all the time so I was confused at how I could have missed it)

Anyway, others may have the same confusion. Thanks!

[quote name='punkmaggit']I already own most of those sealed - not sure if I want to double-dip to get copies for my pspgo![/QUOTE]

That's basically my dilemma. Or think of it as investing in you NGP.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Already tagged, just no one really posts in that topic much yet so it slips the mind. Thanks though![/QUOTE]

No problem. I would update it sooner but I usually work Tuesday mornings and they've been updating earlier than usual lately.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']No problem. I would update it sooner but I usually work Tuesday mornings and they've been updating earlier than usual lately.[/QUOTE]

It is less about you not updating it in a timely manor, I think you do a great job. Its more about the fact that just not that many people use the topic right now. There are 3 topics on PSN right now and for the most part people have flocked to frisky tanukies. While he does a good job I think I like your format better, but not enough people post in this topic to keep it bumped/visible.

Edit - Just wanted to add an edit making it clear that was not a shot at Frisky either. I think he does a great job as well.

[quote name='MSI Magus']It is less about you not updating it in a timely manor, I think you do a great job. Its more about the fact that just not that many people use the topic right now. There are 3 topics on PSN right now and for the most part people have flocked to frisky tanukies. While he does a good job I think I like your format better, but not enough people post in this topic to keep it bumped/visible.

Edit - Just wanted to add an edit making it clear that was not a shot at Frisky either. I think he does a great job as well.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that you missed this post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8126433&postcount=315

Wow, atuls sale this week I guess? Might pick up a title or two. Not sure if the prices are worth it over a physical copy though. Hmm...

[quote name='plutoknight']
Any opinions on Riviera and Yggdra Union?[/QUOTE]

Let me add that I agree 100% with the Yggdra feedback. I am not one of those gamers who gripes about every little thing. And I enjoy a wide variety of games. But I found Yggdra almost unplayable. Battles can take hours, due to the slow movement speed around the map, and finding certain items or plot points depends on you moving a certain character to a certain house at a certain time of the day. Making these things happen without a cheat sheet is nearly impossible, unless you want to invest TONS of time. Not fun.

I will plug R-Type Command, however. I've probably played that more than any other PSP game. Great pick-up-and-play turn-based strategy. Loading times suck, but the interface and unit diversity are both tops.

[quote name='madbst']So, is Droplitz any good?[/QUOTE]

It's decent. If you're completely out of puzzle games, give it a whirl. Otherwise, there are much better puzzlers out there. To me, it feels really slow.

[quote name='madbst']So, is Droplitz any good?[/QUOTE]

I played it once for an achievement during the Steam treasure hunt. Highly doubt I will ever play it again.

Droplitz is one of my favorite downloadable puzzle games of the past year or so, which probably a close race betwen both Droplitz and Chime. They're good zen puzzle games that you can play to relax and have fun for 30 minutes or so.

Man I was just watching a gametrailers top 10 video and they listed Ducktales as a most wanted remake. I can not even begin to express how excited I would be for a Ducktales HD Remake.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Man I was just watching a gametrailers top 10 video and they listed Ducktales as a most wanted remake. I can not even begin to express how excited I would be for a Ducktales HD Remake.[/QUOTE]

ohpleasegodpleasegodpleasegod..........

i grabbed "I Must Run" and "Persona 3 Portable" ive been wanting to get P3P for a while now so why not! anyone know how hammerin hero is? i might get that also

[quote name='Coras7']Is Blue Toad series worth a run for 15$? I loved Sam and Max and haven't heard a squeak about Blue Toad.[/QUOTE]
They're nothing alike other than being episodic. Blue Toad Murder Files are more like if Professor Layton had multiplayer like Buzz and only took about 30-45 minutes to complete an episode. It's not bad, but it's really short with no replay value.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Man I was just watching a gametrailers top 10 video and they listed Ducktales as a most wanted remake. I can not even begin to express how excited I would be for a Ducktales HD Remake.[/QUOTE]

This +infinity.

Disney doesn't seem to have much interest in tapping their 80s afternoon cartoon properties. They released several volumes of them on DVD and then on nearly ALL of them they stopped short one volume set of completely releasing each series, so irritating. Also I don't recall many of them being featured in the Kingdom Hearts games.

bread's done
Back