PSN 'Spring Fever' Sale - This Week Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

isofan1

CAGiversary!
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 18th - May 25th

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[DEAD]

May 11th - May 18th [DEAD]

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle - $24.99
Zuma
Peggle
Bejeweled 2
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown

Midway Spring Fever Bundle
- $14.99
Mortal Kombat II
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Joust
Rampage World Tour!

May 4th - May 11th [DEAD]

Warhawk (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front (PS3) - $7.49 (reg. price $14.99)

April 29nd - May 4 [DEAD]

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (PS3) (Bundle) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)
PixelJunk Racers (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $6.99)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Monsters (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Shooter (PS3) -$4.99 (regular price $9.99)

April 22nd - April 29 [DEAD]

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 (reg. $9.99)

April 15th - April 22nd [DEAD]

WipEout HD (PS3) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)

April 8th - April 15tH [DEAD]

KILLZONE 2 DLC
Napalm & Cordite - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Thunder Pack - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Steel & Titanium $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC - $7.99 (regular price $11.99)

KILLZONE: Liberation (PSP) - $9.99 (regular price $15.99)

April 1st - April 8th [DEAD]

echochrome (PS3) on sale for $4.99
(original price $9.99)
echoshift (PSP) on sale for $7.49 (original price $14.99)

March 25th - April 1st [DEAD]

Gravity Crash (PS3) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)
Everyday Shooter (PS3/PSP) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone should get everyday shooter.
great game and trippy as hell
might grab the gravity one...ill have to take a look first.

Wish they would've just sold these games individually. Feeding Frenzy 2 is the only one I really want. Too many other games I'd never play for it to be worthwhile for me.

The Midway bundle has no trophies whatsoever, for the people who care.

I also have to agree that Feeding Frenzy 2 is the only really worthwhile game in the PopCap bundle, I love playing the demo on co-op with my girlfriend. The other games I would probably never touch after getting trophies. The Heavy Weapon demo was really boring and I'm not obsessed with generic puzzle games.

In for the Popcap bundle. I have wanted Bejewled 2 for a while now and I had decided I would get it in the next few weeks: so this is perfect. I am glad I waited, now I will get 4 other games and they are all decent, I don't already own any of them, and they all have trophies. Again - perfect :D
btw My PSNID is Ludioc

already have peggle so i dont want to have to pay for it again its to bad they dont charge you based on what you have becuase i would like zuma and bejewled

All I wanted was Bejeweled as I already have Peggle. A split up sale would be nice.

I bought Echoes PSP Mini for 99 cents. Totally worth the price. Quick games, not tough but I think I'll return to it often to try and beat my scores. Good for being on hold or being on the bowl.

[quote name='AoA']All I wanted was Bejeweled as I already have Peggle. A split up sale would be nice.

I bought Echoes PSP Mini for 99 cents. Totally worth the price. Quick games, not tough but I think I'll return to it often to try and beat my scores. Good for being on hold or being on the bowl.[/QUOTE]

That Echoes game is straight-up garbage. For 99 cents, I'll live, but.... Game looks and sounds cheaply made, and has literally no depth to it. You see all its' "wonders" in about 3 minutes. Replay value non-existent. Should have passed.

Just a warning to anyone else considering the purchase.

Be nice if didn't have to buy bundle as have Peggle and Bejewled or Zuma could have been fun.

[quote name='Orofin']The Midway bundle has no trophies whatsoever, for the people who care.

I also have to agree that Feeding Frenzy 2 is the only really worthwhile game in the PopCap bundle, I love playing the demo on co-op with my girlfriend. The other games I would probably never touch after getting trophies. The Heavy Weapon demo was really boring and I'm not obsessed with generic puzzle games.[/QUOTE]
Not for everyone, but many people have gotten quite a lot of replay out of Peggle.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Those Midway ports pretty much got universally awful reviews.[/QUOTE]
Are they bad ports, or just nothing added? If they are pretty much straight up ports, $15 still isn't bad. Its a good combo of games.

[quote name='bigwightdog']Not for everyone, but many people have gotten quite a lot of replay out of Peggle.[/QUOTE]

yeah, peggle rocks

[quote name='bigwightdog']Are they bad ports, or just nothing added? If they are pretty much straight up ports, $15 still isn't bad. Its a good combo of games.[/QUOTE]

A quick skim of some reviews makes it sound like they're straight ports, and that's the complaint-- no voice chat, etc, etc. Typical modern reviews of classic games.

I don't think anything is particularly wrong with the emulation except perhaps Championship Sprint's controls... but haven't tried them.

[quote name='bigwightdog']Are they bad ports, or just nothing added? If they are pretty much straight up ports, $15 still isn't bad. Its a good combo of games.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Justin42']A quick skim of some reviews makes it sound like they're straight ports, and that's the complaint-- no voice chat, etc, etc. Typical modern reviews of classic games.

I don't think anything is particularly wrong with the emulation except perhaps Championship Sprint's controls... but haven't tried them.[/QUOTE]
Actually, the porting itself was one thing the reviews focused on with MKII, Championship Sprint and Joust. Gauntlet II and Rampage still got terrible reviews, but most didn't focus on the emulation.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Actually, the porting itself was one thing the reviews focused on with MKII, Championship Sprint and Joust. Gauntlet II and Rampage still got terrible reviews, but most didn't focus on the emulation.[/QUOTE]

Seems like Championship Sprint is the bomb of the bunch, but from reviews the MKII and Joust ports don't sound like they're complete emulation disasters, just some kind of "rough edges" issues. (unless you play online which sounds like a bad thing to even think of doing..)

Anyone who's played them have any comments? Still seems like for $15 it's a decent deal. Not great, should've been $10, but "decent".

Everyone of the games in the Midway bundle is available on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 except Joust. Along with:
A.P.B.
Arch Rivals
Championship Sprint
Cyberball 2072
Gauntlet II
Hard Drivin'
Kozmik Krooz'r
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
NARC
Pit-Fighter
Primal Rage
Rampage World Tour
Spy Hunter II
Timber
Total Carnage
Wacko
Wizard of Wor
Xenophobe
Xybots

Joust is on MAT 1 along with:
720°
Blaster
Bubbles
Defender
Defender II aka StarGate
Gauntlet
Joust
Joust 2: Survival of the Fittest
Klax
Marble Madness
Paperboy
Rampage
Rampart
Road Blasters
Robotron: 2084
Root Beer Tapper
Satan's Hollow
Sinistar
Smash TV
SPLAT!
Spy Hunter
Super Sprint
Toobin'
Vindicator

You can probably get both of those games for 1/2 the cost of the Midway bundle.

D'oh!

I just bought Peggle 2 weeks ago.
I really want to get Zuma, but I'm not interested in the other games...I think I'll hold off for now.

[quote name='J7.']Everyone of the games in the Midway bundle is available on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 except Joust. Along with:
A.P.B.
Arch Rivals
Championship Sprint
Cyberball 2072
Gauntlet II
Hard Drivin'
Kozmik Krooz'r
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
NARC
Pit-Fighter
Primal Rage
Rampage World Tour
Spy Hunter II
Timber
Total Carnage
Wacko
Wizard of Wor
Xenophobe
Xybots

Joust is on MAT 1 along with:
720°
Blaster
Bubbles
Defender
Defender II aka StarGate
Gauntlet
Joust
Joust 2: Survival of the Fittest
Klax
Marble Madness
Paperboy
Rampage
Rampart
Road Blasters
Robotron: 2084
Root Beer Tapper
Satan's Hollow
Sinistar
Smash TV
SPLAT!
Spy Hunter
Super Sprint
Toobin'
Vindicator

You can probably get both of those games for 1/2 the cost of the Midway bundle.[/QUOTE] Great, if you have a PS3 that is PS2 BC. Most of us doesn't.

[quote name='robbyH']Great, if you have a PS3 that is PS2 BC. Most of us doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Neither do I. Those are on PS2, GC, XB. Surely you have one of those.

I don't have a PSP at the moment but I have the PSP Big Boss Bundle reserved at Gamestop so I will have one soon. If I download Tetris now, can I put it on my PSP when I do get one?

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']I don't have a PSP at the moment but I have the PSP Big Boss Bundle reserved at Gamestop so I will have one soon. If I download Tetris now, can I put it on my PSP when I do get one?[/QUOTE]
I wish I would have asked this question before I got my PSP Go because I missed so many sales. Yes you can purchase your games now and they will be available whenever you want. You will have to buy through your PS3 or the MediaGo software. The MediaGo is easier because you can use a keyboard (unless you have one for the PS3) to type your codes, credit cards or games and they have made it where now you can download the games without having to connect your PSP.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't, so your suggestion sucks.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you money more than 95% of CAGs have a PS2, XB, or GC. I give people information about how to get the games for cheaper and you tell me my suggestion sucks. I guess you feel that next time I shouldn't share information on deals? Get a clue kid or get some money and get yourself some more consoles, gettinmoney that's for sure! ;)

[quote name='J7.']I'll bet you money more than 95% of CAGs have a PS2, XB, or GC. I give people information about how to get the games for cheaper and you tell me my suggestion sucks. I guess you feel that next time I shouldn't share information on deals? Get a clue kid or get some money and get yourself some more consoles, gettinmoney that's for sure! ;)[/QUOTE]

Telling people that used games are cheaper than new games is not helpful, everyone knows that. But yeah, that's a good idea, let me buy some more consoles so I can waste money on a three figure backlog like some other people on here.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Telling people that used games are cheaper than new games is not helpful, everyone knows that. But yeah, that's a good idea, let me buy some more consoles so I can waste money on a three figure backlog like some other people on here.[/QUOTE]

I pointed out where they could find those games cheaper and get a bunch of other games basically free. People aren't going to know they were on a previous compilation unless they research that. I did the research and I shared it. People buy games all the time, used, to save money on here and everywhere else. These are hard copies too not digital. What good is new if it is digital... It was an expression to point out the fallacy in your name. I apologize for being a jerk but that's how I feel you were.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You should go in every deals thread and tell them they can get it cheaper by buying it used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
You should go in every thread being an ass, because that's so helpful.

[quote name='wrencrest']I agree, gettinmoney is being the jerk here, but back on topic, anyone know what this week's sale will be yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for something good. There's 1 or 2 weeks left I think. They better be saving the best for last.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You should go in every deals thread and tell them they can get it cheaper by buying it used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Stupid stupidhead.

I find it somewhat funny MS pulls all the Midway games saying they can't sell them anymore because of rightsholder issues, but Sony can sell a big bundle of Midway games and promote it prominately in their virtual store.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I find it somewhat funny MS pulls all the Midway games saying they can't sell them anymore because of rightsholder issues, but Sony can sell a big bundle of Midway games and promote it prominately in their virtual store.[/QUOTE]

I find it somewhat funny Sony fantards are so easy to spot.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I find it somewhat funny MS pulls all the Midway games saying they can't sell them anymore because of rightsholder issues, but Sony can sell a big bundle of Midway games and promote it prominately in their virtual store.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought that was interesting, too. Weird.

They're SOE ports, not Midway games, so they didn't need to be pulled when Midway was bought up by WB.

This is the only thing available on the spring fling sale. Sucks since this title was on sale about 3 months ago.

yea i just saw this i might get it because i had no money last time it was on sale. Can you play this with a friend online?

[quote name='Chuplayer']It's going to take this many posts to get it right?

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix[/QUOTE]

Wow, you care too much...

bread's done
Back