PSN 'Spring Fever' Sale - This Week Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

isofan1

CAGiversary!
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 18th - May 25th

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[DEAD]

May 11th - May 18th [DEAD]

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle - $24.99
Zuma
Peggle
Bejeweled 2
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown

Midway Spring Fever Bundle
- $14.99
Mortal Kombat II
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Joust
Rampage World Tour!

May 4th - May 11th [DEAD]

Warhawk (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front (PS3) - $7.49 (reg. price $14.99)

April 29nd - May 4 [DEAD]

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (PS3) (Bundle) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)
PixelJunk Racers (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $6.99)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Monsters (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Shooter (PS3) -$4.99 (regular price $9.99)

April 22nd - April 29 [DEAD]

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 (reg. $9.99)

April 15th - April 22nd [DEAD]

WipEout HD (PS3) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)

April 8th - April 15tH [DEAD]

KILLZONE 2 DLC
Napalm & Cordite - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Thunder Pack - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Steel & Titanium $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC - $7.99 (regular price $11.99)

KILLZONE: Liberation (PSP) - $9.99 (regular price $15.99)

April 1st - April 8th [DEAD]

echochrome (PS3) on sale for $4.99
(original price $9.99)
echoshift (PSP) on sale for $7.49 (original price $14.99)

March 25th - April 1st [DEAD]

Gravity Crash (PS3) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)
Everyday Shooter (PS3/PSP) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pcktlnt']This was a horrid game. I love vertical shooters, but this one left me with no incentive to finish or reattempt. I believe it has online coop, forget if it has offline coop.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I played the demo and was extremely underwhelmed.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Wait wut? So are those first games going to be on sale till the end?[/QUOTE]

ES & GC only until the 31st then the next deal.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I hope one week is a half off sale on the Fallout 3 DLC.[/QUOTE]
That is exactly what I'm hoping for too. The 360 versions have been on sale half off a few times already, and I really want to get Broken Steel and Point Lookout (maybe Mothership Zeta too).

Already have Everyday Shooter & I HIGHLY recommend it. Just can't go wrong at $5. I'll be getting Gravity Crash since it only costs $5 & has trophies.

Thanks OP for the heads up =)

[quote name='guardian_owl']There's a demo for turtles: reshelled, download and play that if you don't believe the statement that it's an awful game.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. I played the demo immediately when it came out, and upon completion of the demo, I went straight to PSN and bought the game so that I could continue playing. As a huge fan of the old school Turtles games (especially 2 & 3 on the NES), this game brought me back to when I was a kid. I really can't call out anything bad about the game.

As for Everyday shooter, I played it for a short while and was extremely bored. Gravity crash is a lot of fun though.

Is there a demo for these games? When I get onto PS3 later I'll answer for others if it's not already answered.

[quote name='J7.']Is there a demo for these games? When I get onto PS3 later I'll answer for others if it's not already answered.[/QUOTE]

Demos on PSN for...

ES - No.

GC - Yes.

Turtles - Yes.

Pixel JS - Yes, on HK PSN for sure, I think it might be on the US store finally.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I completely disagree. I played the demo immediately when it came out, and upon completion of the demo, I went straight to PSN and bought the game so that I could continue playing. As a huge fan of the old school Turtles games (especially 2 & 3 on the NES), this game brought me back to when I was a kid. I really can't call out anything bad about the game.

As for Everyday shooter, I played it for a short while and was extremely bored. Gravity crash is a lot of fun though.[/QUOTE]

I figured at $4.99 I should just buy it since I am a pretty big TMNT fan. Pretty stupid of me not to try the demo, but if it does hit $4.99 THEN I'll have to test out the demo. (Just no time right now...)

Seems to me like this is a love/hate game. I feel like I'll be more inclined to liking it though just as u stated...

As a huge fan of the old school Turtles games (especially 2 & 3 on the NES), this game brought me back to when I was a kid. I really can't call out anything bad about the game.
that's how I'm hoping to feel when I get around to trying it... Thanks for the input.

[quote name='uncle5555']Demos on PSN for...

ES - No.

GC - Yes.

Turtles - Yes.

Pixel JS - Yes, on HK PSN for sure, I think it might be on the US store finally.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I recall seeing Pixel JS demo on us too.

There is no PixelJunk Shooter demo on the US PSN store.
However, I did just sign up for Hong Kong PSN and grabbed the PJ Shooter Demo (Asia).
It was great to finally be able to try this game out.

[quote name='iHack']I figured at $4.99 I should just buy it since I am a pretty big TMNT fan. Pretty stupid of me not to try the demo, but if it does hit $4.99 THEN I'll have to test out the demo. (Just no time right now...)

Seems to me like this is a love/hate game. I feel like I'll be more inclined to liking it though just as u stated...

that's how I'm hoping to feel when I get around to trying it... Thanks for the input.[/QUOTE]
I loved the TMNT show and games as a kid too, but nostalgia can only carry enjoyment of a licensed game so far. I would heavily caution anyone not to blind buy TMNT: Reshelled without trying the demo, even at $5. I thought the same as you when last it was on sale, but I'm glad I tried the demo first, because I found it a repetitive, joylous experience.

[quote name='gordojones88']There is no PixelJunk Shooter demo on the US PSN store.
However, I did just sign up for Hong Kong PSN and grabbed the PJ Shooter Demo (Asia).
It was great to finally be able to try this game out.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I got it confused with Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe demo.

TMNT reshelled is a bastardized version of the awesome arcade game. I recommend against it.

I heard Magic Orbz is $5 next week? I'm all over that.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Should I get both versions of Everyday Shooter, or just one?[/QUOTE]

Do you want to play the game on your PSP? If so, there's your answer.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']TMNT reshelled is a bastardized version of the awesome arcade game. I recommend against it.

I heard Magic Orbz is $5 next week? I'm all over that.[/QUOTE]

Tik/Creat game posted on the PlayStation blog that they are getting a devoted section to the PS Store for their games. To celebrate they are having a 50% off sale on all their games. I don't recall if the two released last week were included, but the older releases definitely were.

I read of the sale on the blog, but thanks OP. Now I have to get ES today as my PS3 becomes offline starting tomorrow with the firmware update.

[quote name='EvilIA']Tik/Creat game posted on the PlayStation blog that they are getting a devoted section to the PS Store for their games. To celebrate they are having a 50% off sale on all their games. I don't recall if the two released last week were included, but the older releases definitely were.

I read of the sale on the blog, but thanks OP. Now I have to get ES today as my PS3 becomes offline starting tomorrow with the firmware update.[/QUOTE]

The ones released last week were Wakeboarding HD and Hamsterball.
Those two are not part of the Tik/Creat sale.

[quote name='salazarmark']Only idiots buy games based on trophies or achievements.[/QUOTE]

Trophies add a whole new level of difficulty to the game. Before, you just had to beat the game on the hardest mode, and that was the only challenge you had. Now, trophies/achievements add a whole new level of things for you to accomplish/unlock. If you're one of those people who likes to play games to completion, like me, then trophies give you more bang for your buck by increasing play time. Hell, trophies in inFamous nearly double the amount of play time you get from the game.

We don't buy games based on trophies, but if a game has trophies, it's a plus, because we know we get more play time.

[quote name='EvilIA']Tik/Creat game posted on the PlayStation blog that they are getting a devoted section to the PS Store for their games. To celebrate they are having a 50% off sale on all their games. I don't recall if the two released last week were included, but the older releases definitely were.

I read of the sale on the blog, but thanks OP. Now I have to get ES today as my PS3 becomes offline starting tomorrow with the firmware update.[/QUOTE]
You're seriously not updating for Linux' sake?

[quote name='Access_Denied']Trophies add a whole new level of difficulty to the game. Before, you just had to beat the game on the hardest mode, and that was the only challenge you had. Now, trophies/achievements add a whole new level of things for you to accomplish/unlock. If you're one of those people who likes to play games to completion, like me, then trophies give you more bang for your buck by increasing play time. Hell, trophies in inFamous nearly double the amount of play time you get from the game.

We don't buy games based on trophies, but if a game has trophies, it's a plus, because we know we get more play time.[/QUOTE]

Many people buy games depending on trophies and it's stupid.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Many people buy games depending on trophies and it's stupid.[/QUOTE]

True, but the same can be said about Achievements for XBox 360. I've even read about people buying games just to unlock an achievement they receive just by starting the game (I forget which game it is), then turning right around and selling the game back to Gamestop.

Trophies/Achievements shouldn't be the "only" reason you buy a game. However, it does add life to a game after you've completed it. You can go back and play the game a second, third, or even fourth time simply to unlock something you missed the time before.

Uncharted definitely comes to mind in regards to this. I finished Uncharted before it had trophies, but trophies were patched in, and you had to play the entire game again in order to unlock them (which I started but never got all the way through). If not for the trophies, I'm not sure I'd ever want to play the game again (especially with the backlog I have which grows more and more every day thanks to CAG! ;) ).

[/QUOTE]

not the last two, but 7 in total...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...ated-psn-publisher-page-with-a-half-off-sale/

When the publisher page launches on Thursday, April 1, our first seven titles will be on sale for 50% OFF for two weeks! Never got around to trying Magic Orbz? Grab it for $4.99! Have you wondered what all the fuss was about with Smash Cars? You can’t go wrong at $7.49! Are you curious about all the critical acclaim for Mushroom Wars? It’s a steal at $4.99. Cuboid, Mahjong Tales, Interpol and Digger HD are also available for $4.99 each for the duration of the sale.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Trophies add a whole new level of difficulty to the game. Before, you just had to beat the game on the hardest mode, and that was the only challenge you had. Now, trophies/achievements add a whole new level of things for you to accomplish/unlock. If you're one of those people who likes to play games to completion, like me, then trophies give you more bang for your buck by increasing play time. Hell, trophies in inFamous nearly double the amount of play time you get from the game.

We don't buy games based on trophies, but if a game has trophies, it's a plus, because we know we get more play time.[/QUOTE]

Additional challenges mean increased longevity for some players. Well put.

The ones I'm referring to are the idiots who WILL NOT buy a game if they don't have achievements or trophies; or the trophies are extremely hard to 100%. There are a lot of them, just look at the trophy sites.

I know that for some players these things add motivation to do something they would otherwise skip, but basing your game purchasing decisions solely on virtual e-peen is pretty dumb.

Picked up everyday shooter earlier this week. Do we have to wait until tomorrow for the next round?

The Creat/tk deals are supposed to start today too. Mushroom wars is awesome. Anyone have opions of the others?

hey guys i'll update the thread today once they update the store or post the new sale on the PS Blog

[quote name='biledriver']Sony updates it's store at around 9pm eastern time on thursdays lately.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I thought they'd at least announce the titles going on sale by now through their blog, though.

[quote name='Lucian']Thanks. I thought they'd at least announce the titles going on sale by now through their blog, though.[/QUOTE]

On this site people started talking about the new confirmed greatest hits for ps3 on 3/20. It was just in the PS blog today....so you get an idea of how they are at updating it LoL

[quote name='isofan1']updated with echochrome and echoshift[/QUOTE]

might want to add the creat/tiki games are on sale too.

Damn, nothing for me this week. I was hoping there'd be at least 2 PS3 games per sale. How long is this supposed to last again? Was it 5 weeks or 10?

anybody play smash cars? i am curious about getting that, and digger hd (though I already heard that was pretty sweet :) )

Echoshift must have sold absolutely terribly for them to put it for half price a mere 4 weeks after release. What a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back