PSN 'Spring Fever' Sale - This Week Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

isofan1

CAGiversary!
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 18th - May 25th

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[DEAD]

May 11th - May 18th [DEAD]

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle - $24.99
Zuma
Peggle
Bejeweled 2
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown

Midway Spring Fever Bundle
- $14.99
Mortal Kombat II
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Joust
Rampage World Tour!

May 4th - May 11th [DEAD]

Warhawk (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front (PS3) - $7.49 (reg. price $14.99)

April 29nd - May 4 [DEAD]

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (PS3) (Bundle) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)
PixelJunk Racers (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $6.99)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Monsters (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Shooter (PS3) -$4.99 (regular price $9.99)

April 22nd - April 29 [DEAD]

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 (reg. $9.99)

April 15th - April 22nd [DEAD]

WipEout HD (PS3) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)

April 8th - April 15tH [DEAD]

KILLZONE 2 DLC
Napalm & Cordite - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Thunder Pack - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Steel & Titanium $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC - $7.99 (regular price $11.99)

KILLZONE: Liberation (PSP) - $9.99 (regular price $15.99)

April 1st - April 8th [DEAD]

echochrome (PS3) on sale for $4.99
(original price $9.99)
echoshift (PSP) on sale for $7.49 (original price $14.99)

March 25th - April 1st [DEAD]

Gravity Crash (PS3) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)
Everyday Shooter (PS3/PSP) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']Echoshift must have sold absolutely terribly for them to put it for half price a mere 4 weeks after release. What a shame.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but that's the psp for you...

Man I can't say no to random cheap crap. A lot of these are definite time killers.

Picked up
Magic Orbz
Echochrome
Echoshift
Cuboid
Mushroom Wars

Thought about Smash Cars & Dr. Whatever, but the IGN reviews made it sound boring as all hell.

[quote name='bkfountain']yeah, but that's the psp for you...[/QUOTE]

Not only the PSP, PSN only digital psp release.

I doubt even 25% of people who own a PSP even know how to go online to get on the PSN, and of those 25% maybe 2% would be interested in a game like Echoshift.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']magic orbz looks fun, anyone own it?[/QUOTE]

I do, and it's quite fun. If you've ever played Ricochet or games similar to that, then it's more than worth $4.99. I bought the game including the two add-ons for $12.99 as a bundle, and it's fun to play for 30 minutes to an hour at a time.

Well hell yeah! Everyday Shooter and Echochrome were both at the top of my most wanted list. Gee, now all I have left to get is Shatter, PJ Shooter, and maybe PJ Eden. With 3 more weeks of this there might be a chance.

When the hell is Siren: Blood Curse going to drop to at least $19.99, that's all I want from PSN.

Also, do they charge tax on CC? I think they did when I bought DLC once, didn't showed up til it appears on my CC statement.

[quote name='darkchild81']Finally copped Mushoom Wars. Its the only RTS simple enough for me.[/QUOTE]
I usually like more complicated RTS and I'm still enjoying this game. It's pretty awesome.

Although honestly, the rest of their games seem a bit like shovelware.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Hope fat princess loses some weight. $7.49 sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I'd even "bite" on that price. Something about this game gives me the impression it's over-hyped, and not nearly as brilliant as it's developers want you to believe it is.

Now I'd definitely go for Pixeljunk Shooter for $4.99 though.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'm not sure I'd even "bite" on that price. Something about this game gives me the impression it's over-hyped, and not nearly as brilliant as it's developers want you to believe it is.[/QUOTE]
That's what I found to be the case when I tried the Demo, I'd recommend you do that if you haven't already.

and yep, Echochrome has been pretty good so far, worth $5.

PSN is releasing the Flower soundtrack this Thursday for $2.99.
There's a chance Flower will be the next sale item for those who haven't gotten it yet.
Though I wish there had been a demo because I didn't like it.

why the hell are most of these games unavailable on the psp? Or is there something I'm not getting here?

[quote name='henwy']why the hell are most of these games unavailable on the psp? Or is there something I'm not getting here?[/QUOTE]

because only one of them is even on the PSP...

Last week I picked up Everyday Shooter and today I was e-mailed a code free avatar costume (Bee Costume for a guy or Flower costume for a girl) to use in Playstation Home. ...I'm never going to redeem it, but it was an interesting surprise.

I picked up echochrome yesterday.

Picking up Digger HD. My GF of all people played the original on PC and got me hooked. I downloaded the original on http://www.digger.org/ and got hooked.

After a Credit Card problem on the PSN site I was able to add funds and going to pick up Digger HD right after I place this comment.

[quote name='PublikDefender']if you are a guy, are you able to buy and wear the flower costume? no, i'm not joking. just curious.[/QUOTE]

Bi-curious?

[quote name='animalspinners']Not only the PSP, PSN only digital psp release.

I doubt even 25% of people who own a PSP even know how to go online to get on the PSN, and of those 25% maybe 2% would be interested in a game like Echoshift.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm a 2-percenter! :applause:

This sale does seem to be shorting the PSP, you'd think they would try to boost some of the numbers along the way.

Plus, it seems almost like they are trying to keep the sale a secret....It's not very well promoted on PSN, unlike the current XBLA sales that you can't miss...

Ah, Sony.

"This week’s Spring Fever highlights Killzone! Find Killzone 2 Napalm & Cordite, Thunder Pack, and Steel & Titanium DLC on sale for $3.99 each (regular price, $5.99 each), the Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC on sale for $7.99 (regular price $11.99) and Killzone: Liberation PSP on sale for $9.99 (regular price $15.99). Offers good through 4/14/10."

Boo! No PSN games on sale this week. I'm really disappointed.

[quote name='gordojones88']"This week’s Spring Fever highlights Killzone! Find Killzone 2 Napalm & Cordite, Thunder Pack, and Steel & Titanium DLC on sale for $3.99 each (regular price, $5.99 each), the Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC on sale for $7.99 (regular price $11.99) and Killzone: Liberation PSP on sale for $9.99 (regular price $15.99). Offers good through 4/14/10."

Boo! No PSN games on sale this week. I'm really disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, Sony did say at the beginning it would be a mix of games and DLC.

Wasn't Killzone Liberation supposed to be good? I think it's cheaper now as a download over a used copy, I might consider it.

[quote name='animalspinners']Well, to be fair, Sony did say at the beginning it would be a mix of games and DLC.

Wasn't Killzone Liberation supposed to be good? I think it's cheaper now as a download over a used copy, I might consider it.[/QUOTE]

That is too funny. I bought the map pack a few days ago. Now I know to wait until a sale is over before buying absolutely anything.

[quote name='Unrealevil']The bundle pack includes all the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

This is a cruel reminder not to buy DLC on sales like this. I just bought the bundle a few days ago.

[quote name='Interfeci']Yeah.

This is a cruel reminder not to buy DLC on sales like this. I just bought the bundle a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Never buy anything on PSN when you know a sale is going on or is coming up. I almost did the same thing but I decided to play the wait and see game.

[quote name='Decker']The previous PSN sale stuff, excluding echochrome, is still on sale, right?[/QUOTE]
I can't say for sure since I'm not on right now but it shouldn't still be on sale.

Ohhhh...that KZ2 pack piques my interest, thanks to the B2G1 from Walmart.com. I got KZ:Liberation included when I bought my PSP off ebay a few years ago; it wasn't bad...never played it through very far though.

[quote name='Decker']The previous PSN sale stuff, excluding echochrome, is still on sale, right?[/QUOTE]

Just checked, back to normal price.

Anyways perfect timing on the Killzone 2 DLC since I just bought the game. Any opinions on the DLC?

Killzone DLC sounds good, but not enough people have it. No point in getting the map packs if I cant really have normal games on them

[quote name='animalspinners']
Wasn't Killzone Liberation supposed to be good? I think it's cheaper now as a download over a used copy, I might consider it.[/QUOTE]

Liberation is a steal for $7.99. I think it still goes for around $12 used.

Its tough to describe but it manages to capture the feel of the FPS using the third person view. The way the cover and aiming work really make everything click. Its a bit on the short side, but there is an extra mission as free DLC. I never actually downloaded it because its not through the PSN.

Anyways, if anyone is on the fence, this makes a great addition to any library.

Wow those PSP permanent price drops aren't bad! If Sony did this from the onset of the PSPGO, it might have been much more successful.

[quote name='animeomega']Killzone DLC sounds good, but not enough people have it. No point in getting the map packs if I cant really have normal games on them[/QUOTE]

Umm DUHHH! If people buy this because it's on sale (I'm on the fence, but probably will), then you'll have "enough people" to play with! :applause:

Picked up Mushroom Wars and lovin' it. Although, it got pretty hard on "easy" towards 46% in the game.

Also picked up the Flower soundtrack. Was heavily debating on Cuboid as well, but not sure on it yet.

[quote name='Unrealevil']I can't say for sure since I'm not on right now but it shouldn't still be on sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phogoodness']Just checked, back to normal price.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't make myself clear enough, sorry. I was specifically asking about the games like Cuboid, Magic Orbz, Mushroom Wars, Digger HD and Smash Cars. I had thought they were on sale for another week and indeed, they are still on sale.

Also there now are a bunch of discounted PSP download games. Jax & Daxter is $19.99 and so is Motorstorm Arctic Edge. A better deal is Buzz Quiz and Loco Roco 2 at $7.99 each.

[quote name='nflsonic']Picked up Mushroom Wars and lovin' it. Although, it got pretty hard on "easy" towards 46% in the game.

Also picked up the Flower soundtrack. Was heavily debating on Cuboid as well, but not sure on it yet.[/QUOTE]

FLOWER SOUNDTRACK? WHERE? I THOUGHT THIS DIDN'T EXIST OUTSIDE OF THE GAME YET!

Ahem. Mushroom wars easy only lets you see the cpu's number of men in a building, they're just as hard as they would be on normal. I forget what hard does though.

I demo'd any of the sale games that I was interested in and actually had one(luxury of xbla I do miss on psn) but I didn't really care for any of them. Surprising since I expected to buy atleast 1 or 2.

[quote name='Vortextk']FLOWER SOUNDTRACK? WHERE? I THOUGHT THIS DIDN'T EXIST OUTSIDE OF THE GAME YET!

[/QUOTE]
It's listed with the new releases. It costs $2.99.

[quote name='Decker']It's listed with the new releases. It costs $2.99.[/QUOTE]

I know I read something from quite awhile ago saying they might eventually release it. Awesome they did.

bread's done
Back