PSN 'Spring Fever' Sale - This Week Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

isofan1

CAGiversary!
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 18th - May 25th

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[DEAD]

May 11th - May 18th [DEAD]

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle - $24.99
Zuma
Peggle
Bejeweled 2
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown

Midway Spring Fever Bundle
- $14.99
Mortal Kombat II
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Joust
Rampage World Tour!

May 4th - May 11th [DEAD]

Warhawk (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front (PS3) - $7.49 (reg. price $14.99)

April 29nd - May 4 [DEAD]

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (PS3) (Bundle) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)
PixelJunk Racers (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $6.99)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Monsters (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Shooter (PS3) -$4.99 (regular price $9.99)

April 22nd - April 29 [DEAD]

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 (reg. $9.99)

April 15th - April 22nd [DEAD]

WipEout HD (PS3) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)

April 8th - April 15tH [DEAD]

KILLZONE 2 DLC
Napalm & Cordite - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Thunder Pack - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Steel & Titanium $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC - $7.99 (regular price $11.99)

KILLZONE: Liberation (PSP) - $9.99 (regular price $15.99)

April 1st - April 8th [DEAD]

echochrome (PS3) on sale for $4.99
(original price $9.99)
echoshift (PSP) on sale for $7.49 (original price $14.99)

March 25th - April 1st [DEAD]

Gravity Crash (PS3) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)
Everyday Shooter (PS3/PSP) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the fence about the Killzone 2 Bundle. I don't have the game yet, but I'm about to buy it. Are the maps any good? Is it worth $8 for the couple maps it provides?

[quote name='dallascowboys']I'm on the fence about the Killzone 2 Bundle. I don't have the game yet, but I'm about to buy it. Are the maps any good? Is it worth $8 for the couple maps it provides?[/QUOTE]

No. I was really excited to finally get Killzone 2. I absolutely hated nearly everything about it. Some games I'll just happily plow through to get to the end, but it was just too painful to play another level of KZ2.

[quote name='billsdead']mushroom wars demo is loved by my GF ! how to buy mushroom wars without psn update?[/QUOTE]

Simple. Apply update, then purchase what you'd like. Stop trying to create another 'I hate the PSN update thread'. We have enough of those on the PS3 forum.

[quote name='dallascowboys']I'm on the fence about the Killzone 2 Bundle. I don't have the game yet, but I'm about to buy it. Are the maps any good? Is it worth $8 for the couple maps it provides?[/QUOTE]

I've thought about buying it but I'll probably pass. KZ2 is fun online but there's not much of a community even playing the standard maps. Before I got MW2 I was playing KZ2 online and rarely would I find anyone who had a headset and even rarer would I find someone who had something meaningful to say on said headset. Plus I wasn't finding all that many games with many players (8+ total) so I can't imagine that many people are doing the DLC. Would be worth it if you have friends who have the game and the DLC though.

Edit-Though perhaps with KZ2 becoming a Greatest Hits title there will be an uptick in the amount of people playing online.

Is there anyway to access the PS3 store on a PC and download games? My PS3 is down for teh count right now but want to take advantage of a few of these 4.99 games.

Don't Buy the map packs for Killzone 2 there is absolutely no one playing those. Its was a waster of money.

[quote name='kart007k']Don't Buy the map packs for Killzone 2 there is absolutely no one playing those. Its was a waster of money.[/QUOTE]

Oops :lol:

Killzone 2 may go down as one of the greatest games that no one ever played (sold about 300k I think). Everyone talks about it's graphics (hell I've owned it ever since it came out, and still haven't played it online- and yes I did buy the bundle), but yet still everyone plays MW2, and avoids KZ2 like the plague.

FYI You wont have trouble finding a game in Killzone 2. There are always around 5 full rooms (32 players) after that it does kind of drop though, there is not what I would call a robust community.

[quote name='kart007k']Don't Buy the map packs for Killzone 2 there is absolutely no one playing those. Its was a waster of money.[/QUOTE]

Most of the games are indeed being played on the regular maps.

If anyone is considering buying the new maps buy them as part of a gameshare or something. You do see rooms like "New Maps ONLY" so you can find games and you can always make your own room.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Oops :lol:

Killzone 2 may go down as one of the greatest games that no one ever played (sold about 300k I think). Everyone talks about it's graphics (hell I've owned it ever since it came out, and still haven't played it online- and yes I did buy the bundle), but yet still everyone plays MW2, and avoids KZ2 like the plague.[/QUOTE]

controls are the main complaints about it not being played. its too bad the haters came out of the woodwork, ragged on the controls and no one gave it a chance.

you know what? i'm gonna play it this weekend. i'm gonna get everyone i know to play the game and get this community going. i'm gonna fight.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Oops :lol:

Killzone 2 may go down as one of the greatest games that no one ever played (sold about 300k I think). Everyone talks about it's graphics (hell I've owned it ever since it came out, and still haven't played it online- and yes I did buy the bundle), but yet still everyone plays MW2, and avoids KZ2 like the plague.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong.
Killzone 2 has sold over 2M, nowhere near Halo 3 or MW2 numbers but not as pitiful as 300K. IIRC, KZ2 sold 300K in the US in the first month of release, so maybe that's where you got your number from.

[quote name='rpnguyen']You're wrong.
Killzone 2 has sold over 2M, nowhere near Halo 3 or MW2 numbers but not as pitiful as 300K. IIRC, KZ2 sold 300K in the US in the first month of release, so maybe that's where you got your number from.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It has sold 677k in the U.S. alone according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killzone_2

I'm sure that's where I got the 300k figure (it's first month sales), but still this should have been a system seller and yet it wasn't.

111,000 people have played online multiplayer in Killzone 2 so far this month. Maybe a few are playing the DLC maps, but there are still people playing in general.

Yeah, the leaderboard shows an all-time number of 2 million PSN names. So it's likely to have sold more than that, since many people haven't played it online.

I bought the dlc and yup not that many people playing the new maps. They are really cool, wish more people played them...

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']You're right. It has sold 677k in the U.S. alone according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killzone_2

I'm sure that's where I got the 300k figure (it's first month sales), but still this should have been a system seller and yet it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

According to vgchartz, it has sold 1.04 million in the US, including about 350k in the first week.

Thanks for the input on KZ2 maps. I've been thinking about getting them, but haven't even checked out the mp yet. I just played the first level which was long, I thought it would be a short tutorial type of level. Awesome game, but I've gotta finish Ghostbusters, Borderlands, Resistance 2 first and by then Red Dead Redemption may be out. I'll hold off on the maps for now.

I don't see an Uncharted bundle that looks like it is the one listed in the OP.

well i bit and got the bundle...don't know if I made the right move. hopefully the online kicks up and i can get some use out of these maps. peace. cant wait for today's deals.

so i'm new to playstation 3.. I figure i'd ask here..

I wanted Final Fantasy 7 for $9.99. They sell $10 playstation network cards. OK. Why on earth do they charge tax on the game download? the total came out to 10.83 or something.. therefore I couldn't afford the freaking game with the 10 dollar psn card. What WAS THE POINT? FFS! /rant

[quote name='xblaze23']so i'm new to playstation 3.. I figure i'd ask here..

I wanted Final Fantasy 7 for $9.99. They sell $10 playstation network cards. OK. Why on earth do they charge tax on the game download? the total came out to 10.83 or something.. therefore I couldn't afford the freaking game with the 10 dollar psn card. What WAS THE POINT? FFS! /rant[/QUOTE]

The tax is state-based; some states have it while others don't. What some people have done is set their location to a state that doesn't tax PSN downloads (e.g. CA) to get it without the sales tax.

[quote name='xblaze23']so i'm new to playstation 3.. I figure i'd ask here..

I wanted Final Fantasy 7 for $9.99. They sell $10 playstation network cards. OK. Why on earth do they charge tax on the game download? the total came out to 10.83 or something.. therefore I couldn't afford the freaking game with the 10 dollar psn card. What WAS THE POINT? FFS! /rant[/QUOTE]

You must just be in an unlucky state. I'm in Colorado and I don't get charged for tax.

If someone wants someone to play with- let me gameshare the maps off of you (I can even give a gameshare with dynamic themes and DLC back in return), and I will try them out with ya.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If someone wants someone to play with- let me gameshare the maps off of you (I can even give a gameshare with dynamic themes and DLC back in return), and I will try them out with ya.[/QUOTE]

How generous of you.

"This week’s Spring Fever celebrates Racing Week with Wipeout HD. WipEout HD is on sale for $9.99 (regular price $19.99) Offer good through Wednesday, 4/21."

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Is wipeout HD worth 10 bucks? Will I get 10 bucks worth of fun out of it?[/QUOTE]

I'd argue it as one of the best games on Playstation 3. If you're into futuristic racing, go for it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Is wipeout HD worth 10 bucks? Will I get 10 bucks worth of fun out of it?[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? It has more content than many disc based racers and looks so good in HD your eyes may bleed. This is an insanely good deal.

There's a demo if you really need more convincing.

one game for the promo this week seems like a let down..and casual gamers beware, good luck on getting past the first level of WipeoutHD! hard game is hard!! definitely worth it though to see solid 60 fps..one of very few PS3 games to do this, albeit a downloadable one too.

I hate that they always put games on sale but rarely bundles or add-ons. The Wipeout Fury pack is $9.99, so if you get both you're only saving $5 over the bundle.

Same with Magic Orbz, buying the game on sale and the add-ons at regular price only saves you $2 over the bundle.

Then I'm always worried that one day the bundle will go on sale and not the add-ons, and I'll be like shit, I should've waited for a discount on the bundle...

not bad. thinking about wipeout. i remember psn offering wipeout hd + fury add on for $25. with this $10 price point, both can be had for $20 (fury is $10).

[quote name='shytface']I hate that they always put games on sale but rarely bundles or add-ons. The Wipeout Fury pack is $9.99, so if you get both you're only saving $5 over the bundle.

Same with Magic Orbz, buying the game on sale and the add-ons at regular price only saves you $2 over the bundle.

Then I'm always worried that one day the bundle will go on sale and not the add-ons, and I'll be like shit, I should've waited for a discount on the bundle...[/QUOTE]

Waaaaah. You'll be a much happier person in life if you stop worrying about whether something you just bought will drop $5 in price in the next few months.

[quote name='shytface']I hate that they always put games on sale but rarely bundles or add-ons. The Wipeout Fury pack is $9.99, so if you get both you're only saving $5 over the bundle.

Then I'm always worried that one day the bundle will go on sale and not the add-ons, and I'll be like shit, I should've waited for a discount on the bundle...[/QUOTE]

Like when they put up a bundle of all the DLC for Burnout Paradise for $20... and that same bundle with the game itself for $30. Since they sell the game alone for $20 if you already own the game you end up paying twice as much for the DLC.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Waaaaah. You'll be a much happier person in life if you stop worrying about whether something you just bought will drop $5 in price in the next few months.[/QUOTE]

What was the name of this website again? I forget.

[quote name='shytface']What was the name of this website again? I forget.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's your response? So you really think it's rational to not buy something because you're worried that it might potentially be $4-5 cheaper in the next few months? It's $5, get a job. With your reasoning, you shouldn't be buying anything until it hits less than $5 because it's always possible that a game will get even cheaper in 4-5 years.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Come on Wipeout! :D[/QUOTE]
I fuckin' called it!

[quote name='worshipsf']What some people have done is set their location to a state that doesn't tax PSN downloads (e.g. CA) to get it without the sales tax.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm from Alabama if anyone asks.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So you really think it's rational to not buy something because you're worried that it might potentially be $4-5 cheaper in the next few months? It's $5, get a job. With your reasoning, you shouldn't be buying anything until it hits less than $5 because it's always possible that a game will get even cheaper in 4-5 years.[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with waiting for a good/better sale? Personally, I have enough of a backlog to be picky about which sales I jump on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Really? That's your response? So you really think it's rational to not buy something because you're worried that it might potentially be $4-5 cheaper in the next few months? It's $5, get a job. With your reasoning, you shouldn't be buying anything until it hits less than $5 because it's always possible that a game will get even cheaper in 4-5 years.[/QUOTE]

lol @ "get a job". I have two jobs, bills, and an 8-months pregnant sister who's in debt and needs all the help I can give right now. I'm sorry some of us don't spend 100% of our disposable income on video games, and believe in things like waiting for a better deal to stretch our dollars further.

And to answer your question, yes it would bother me if the price of a digital game dropped shortly after I bought it. Why does it bother you that it bothers me? Disc-based games not so much, cause they have a much longer shelf life, whereas DLC is more of a rental than a purchase.

bread's done
Back